Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,822 members, 7,889,727 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:08 PM

Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (26297 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by socrateez(m): 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
The success or failure of marriage depends on the mindset with which it is approached. If you expect problems and provide an open door for separation or divorce, that's how your marriage would be; but if you expect to live harmoniously with your spouse, that's what it will also turn out to be. So, it depends on the foundation you lay.
Some of the ways you can predict how a marriage would be include
1. How you met your spouse; is it in a party? Mr Biggs?
2. What are his/her views on marriage? For instance, I will never allow my daughter marry any young man who believes in divorce. If you look around, you'll see that issues that make some marriages crumble are small compared with what other marriages are facing yet, the stay together and resolve them.
3. What are his/her religious beliefs? Don't marry anyone whose religious conviction is poles apart from yours.
4. What are his/her values? Do you have the same values? Do you attache the same level of importance to the same thing?
5. Does he/she have direction or purpose in life? I see many young people today who are loafers, without any sense of direction in life. Today they want to be a musician, tomorrow they are into something else. If you ask "where do you see yourself in 2024" and the response is a jumble mumble, you know he/she is a wanderer in life. If you jump into the same boat with a person who is drifting through life, you will find yourself where you don't expect.

I must add that God never designed marriage to be a prison, its the society that labelled it so. Marriage is a wonderful experience of life in which you find joy and fulfillment. We hear so much of failed marriages because the society does not celebrate successful ones.

4 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:

1. Marriage is the second best feeling to heaven (if you marry your friend) and hell (when you marry a stranger). Marry your friend. It gets to a time in life when it's no longer about the beauty, the six packs, the way s/he walks/smiles, how strong/romantic s/he is in bed e.t.c. It gets to a time when it's no longer how much you love him/her, but how much you want to be with him/her. How much of each other's company you enjoy. If you have to endure through a 3 straight hours of just sitting down and talking, then i doubt how much of your friend he/she is.

2. There is no such thing as 100% perfect marriage. They have lived happily together as husband and wife for 50 years does not mean it was all honey. Healthy communication opens up the room for forgiveness. ...and yes, I mean, no matter the sin.

3. Scared of what? Being imprisoned? Yes, I agree with you. Marriage is a prison. But my point in (1) above determines what kind of prison (fun or pain). Marry your friend.

In my grandpa's words, "Yes, I agree that it is most important you love each other, but love is not the glue that keeps you together forever, friendship is"

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by josite: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
layi: I am married and i can tell you the only real issue is finance. You MUST get $$$ . money is stronger than 'human' luv

finance is overated .what about u and ur famiuly accpeting d fact dat for now finance is lean,les do minimalist existence.the happiest couple are the ones with d least of needs.didnt u hear DADDY GO said since no meat for dinner,he psyched his kids into accepting okro meat.

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Kasieze(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Man: Baby, I love you, would you please marry
me?

Woman: (stands up and lands a
stinging slap on
his face) I have waited more than 9yrs, I have
prayed, fasted, sowed seeds, bought books and
listened to tapes, even went out of my way to
be nice to every male specie of marriageable
age!

I took up new hobbies, watching football and
play station. I went to Daystar. From Daystar, I
went to House on the Rock, from House on the
rock I went to Guiding Light Assembly, Phronesis
Christian Centre Int’l, MFM, Christ Embassy,
Redeemed, From there I went to This Present
Winners looking every where for you. I went
from a size 14 to a size 10, so that when you see

me you’d love what you see.
I left Lagos, went to Abuja, from Abuja I went to
Port- Harcourt, then I went all the way to Kano I
joined hi-five, from hi-five to faceboook, then I
went to twitter, I even had a blog on which I
ranted, hoping yōϋ would show up! for where?

I uploaded only my best pictures on Facebook,
in fact I took photo sessions to look my best, all
for you o! I attended all the weddings, whether
the invitation was direct or indirect! The next
place I was hoping to check was the moon,
before you crawled out, crawled out from the
house directly next to mine!............................http://www..com/m/view_joke.php?id=126 continue

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by josite: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
socrateez: The success or failure of marriage depends on the mindset with which it is approached. If you expect problems and provide an open door for separation or divorce, that's how your marriage would be; but if you expect to live harmoniously with your spouse, that's what it will also turn out to be. So, it depends on the foundation you lay.
Some of the ways you can predict how a marriage would be include
1. How you met your spouse; is it in a party? Mr Biggs?
2. What are his/her views on marriage? For instance, I will never allow my daughter marry any young man who believes in divorce. If you look around, you'll see that issues that make some marriages crumble are small compared with what other marriages are facing yet, the stay together and resolve them.
3. What are his/her religious beliefs? Don't marry anyone whose religious conviction is poles apart from yours.
4. What are his/her values? Do you have the same values? Do you attache the same level of importance to the same thing?
5. Does he/she have direction or purpose in life? I see many young people today who are loafers, without any sense of direction in life. Today they want to be a musician, tomorrow they are into something else. If you ask "where do you see yourself in 2024" and the response is a jumble mumble, you know he/she is a wanderer in life. If you jump into the same boat with a person who is drifting through life, you will find yourself where you don't expect.

I must add that God never designed marriage to be a prison, its the society that labelled it so. Marriage is a wonderful experience of life in which you find joy and fulfillment. We hear so much of failed marriages because the society does not celebrate successful ones.

so funny,when even jonathan with billions of naira doesnt know where he sees himself in 2015.u are asking a young man desiring your girl for a wif where he ss himself in 2024.you will soon learn.just pray not the hard way.the future belogns to GOD we can only work and pray ,paul seedeth,appolo water,it is GOD THAT GIVES THE INCREASE.U think jonathan saw himself as president ten years ago.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by idu1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:

1. Marriage is the second best feeling to heaven (if you marry your friend) and hell (when you marry a stranger). Marry your friend. It gets to a time in life when it's no longer about the beauty, the six packs, the way s/he walks/smiles, how strong/romantic s/he is in bed e.t.c. It gets to a time when it's no longer how much you love him/her, but how much you want to be with him/her. How much of each other's company you enjoy. If you have to endure through a 3 straight hours of just sitting down and talking, then i doubt how much of your friend he/she is.

2. There is no such thing as 100% perfect marriage. They have lived happily together as husband and wife for 50 years does not mean it was all honey. Healthy communication opens up the room for forgiveness. ...and yes, I mean, no matter the sin.

3. Scared of what? Being imprisoned? Yes, I agree with you. Marriage is a prison. But my point in (1) above determines what kind of prison (fun or pain). Marry your friend.

In my grandpa's words, "Yes, I agree that it is most important you love each other, but love is not the glue that keeps you together forever, friendship is"

how do i fit marry my frd...... Kindly trow lite small for dis line sir? Tenks
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by timilehing(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
She needs to read this!!
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by idu1(m): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
FunnyPikincom: Why should You be scared of getting married in the first place? If your papa and mama were scared, do u think you will be alive to type this Jamb Question? angry

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alyhi Wassalam) has said, "O youthful people, if any of you have the means to, he should get married, as it lowers the eyesight and protects the private parts. Those who have not the ability to do so should fast, as it will be a shield for him." (Bukhari and Muslim).
cool
barakalahufihi

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
They should remain single forever ......yeye thread

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by kmoneyman: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
amaprincess: One thing i like about this section is, there are so many matured minds here.
Some said marriage is sweet, beautiful and all that, but even with all the sweet comments couples give about their marriages, we still see high rate of divorce, violence and separation.
In the society today, you see so many matured men and women due for marriage, but there are not given it consideration at all.
so many are scared. others, lost interest due to horrible heart break experiences and so many reasons.
i know marriage is not a do or die affairs, but it looks good and mystery some how. imagine two people with different upbringing, background. coming together to tolerate each other, Iive as one till the end of time, it looks amazing.
Now to those already in their marriage, pls enlighten us.
1. how do you feel being married? do you feel chain/tied down by one person for the rest of your life, or how do you see it?
2. what are the things that happen in marriage that change everything forever. like sins that cant be forgiven. its common with men once a women cheats, its unforgivable. although i dont support cheating either.
3. what words of advice can you give a young man/lady who desire marriage but scared. based on what you are experiencing now either positive or negative. what can you tell someone who is afraid of entering into marriage, so he/she don't fail (divorce).
pls honest contributions pls
Thank you.
The only thing I can say to ‎u is; "If ‎u are a perfect man or woman then don't get married".But if you have ur own faults as a human being,then you should be able to deal with another persons little faults. I Have been married for six years now and I tell ‎u I love my wife and kid so much despite her faults. And ‎u know what? She even loves me more despite my several faults too. So he without sin should cast the first stone grin

3 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
I'm definitely scared of marriage. It's hard to find people who're faithful and loyal out there. I've to find someone who's going to give me the same respect, otherwise I'mma stay single. I cannot stand cheaters. I've a friend whose husband (well, now, soon to be ex-husband; they're getting divorced) told her last year that he had slept with prostitutes. They're Chinese. They've only been married for 4 years. To make matters worse, he wants to go back to China to pursue a music career ( "his dream" ) and because he's a PR she's not sure if she can get child support from him. They have two 2-year old twin girls and she just gave birth to a baby boy in June, but had to sell their home and move in with her parents so they can help take care of her and the kids while she gets herself back together. She has a Lawyer now, so we'll see how it goes. She has warned me, "When it comes to marriage, please be careful with choosing a man" and gave me a bunch of advice. Anyway, seeing what she's going through now and my own experiences, I know just how important it is when finding a suitable life partner. If I don't find the right person for me, I'm ready to be single until Jesus returns.

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by shamsuRana(m): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marriage is a contract where a manlooses his "Bachelors Degree"anda woman gets her"Masters"

He said:"I'm married for fifteenyears andwe neverhad an argument"Shaykh says: "I guess you are not staying with your wife I'm sure. Because even the best man had misunderstanding with his wives.

Boy:"Dad, what's the difference between mum's tears & wife's tears?"Dad: "Mum's tears hurt the heart & wife's tears hurt the pocket

Why do couples shake hands on their wedding day? It is a norm and formality with all boxers, they shake hands before the fight begins

A man entered his room and saw his wife looking at their marriage certificate and he said, "are u cherishing old memories?" The wife said' "no, I'm looking for the expiry date"

A boy asked his father, "Abba, what is the price of marriage?"The father said, "Son, Idon't know because I'm still paying.

A man asked his doctor, "what is the medicine fora longlife?" The doctor said, "get married"d man said, "does it work?" The doctor said, "I don't know but it will remove the desire forlong life from u".

Gentlemen and ladies,The secret toa happy marriage is not in wedding the perfect partner but rather in loving the imperfect partner"Perfectly Well"

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by kmoneyman: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yields: I'm definitely scared of marriage. It's hard to find people who're faithful and loyal out there. I've to find someone who's going to give me the same respect, otherwise I'mma stay single. I cannot stand cheaters. I've a friend whose husband (well, now, soon to be ex-husband; they're getting divorced) told her last year that he had slept with prostitutes. They're Chinese. They've only been married for 4 years. To make matters worse, he wants to go back to China to pursue a music career ( "his dream" ) and because he's a PR she's not sure if she can get child support from him. They have two 2-year old twin girls and she just gave birth to a baby boy in June, but had to sell their home and move in with her parents so they can help take care of her and the kids while she gets herself back together. She has a Lawyer now, so we'll see how it goes. She has warned me, "When it comes to marriage, please be careful with choosing a man" and gave me a bunch of advice. Anyway, seeing what she's going through now and my own experiences, I know just how important it is when finding a suitable life partner. If I don't find the right person for me, I'm ready to be single until Jesus returns.
Wow! Sad storyundecided But why can't ‎u relate with stories of those ones who have had a successful marriage? Why do people readily identify with failed marriages

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Rapture4real(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
There are stories of marriage you will hear, you will run when you hear marriage.I'm married 9yrs now.But I would do certain things diffeferently If I had another chance.thespirit that made Eve finished Adam is still following some when, Don't let your partner still all your heart in the name of love,let God occupy it.so that if he/she breaks it, it won't hurt you too much.Heartbreak is not only infidelity. If you give your heart to your partner who takes you for granted, it will pain you. The goal of some women is just to marry,no ambition.This will affect d man.don't marry for beauty.In will not choose a beautiful woman if I had another chance.Satan uses everything that is good.don't marry for sex,it gets to a time,it makes no meaning again.don't marry for riches,it can disappear and a poor man today can be very rich tomorrow.marry for character and seek God's face.who you marry will determine the fulfillmentnofnyo destiny.let know woman tie youndownnwith sex and emotion.don't marry out of sympathy.I can talk for hours out of experience.God bless you.see u in heaven

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by UyiIredia(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ Yields: You need help. Perfection resides in heaven. GO and multiply.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
UyiIredia: @ Yields: You need help. Perfection resides in heaven. GO and multiply.
Nowhere did I mention looking for the perfect person, just the right person for me. I believe that is simple enough to grasp.

bennygreat1: If and ONLY if you find the right Woman OR Man... Then get Married,don't be scared..

The Right One matters in the life of every individual.

That's Y the scripture says: He who finds a Wife/husband finds a GOOD tin..

Ciao.
+1.

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by GoodFaith: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
MARRIAGE IS A GREAT INSTITUTION THAT COME WITH LOT OF CHALLENGES:
MONEY
CHEATING
PRIORITY
TIME TOGETHER
WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO U
DO U SHARE THE SAME MORALS VALUES?
RESPECT, CONSIDERATE, GIVE AND TAKE
LYING, SECRETIVE AND MANPULATION
ARE YOU GOING TO COMPARE UR MARRIAGE WITH UR FRIENDS?
THERE IS NO ONE SIZE FIT ALL
NOBODY IS PREFECT
WHAT ARE U WILL TO ACCEPT REGARDING HIS IMPERFECTNESS "If I Were a Boy-Beyonce ft R.Kelly lyrics "
WHAT WILL YOU ACCEPT AND WHAT WILL U NOT ACCEPT?
“marry for character and seek God's face.”--- Rapture4Real

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by libertyfather(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Let me discuss it with my wife, I will come back to comment on what she ask me to say.....and if I dint comment back definetely she ban me from nairaland again, though that's just for one month

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by DorisK(f): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
It's not always their faults. Sometimes life nd past rships can change ur mindset
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Talkloaded: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bryan12: I don't know but I think mod needs to do something about this guy.

U dey Madt abi?
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Just go ahead and do the marriage thing.Don't be afraid of life negativity-something will definitely kill a man.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by teeghurl(f): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
The word MARRIAGE scares shit out of me,especially wv d way pple behave ds days. It's jst outrageous n sometimes I cnt help bt ask myself, y get married in d 1st place?

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: [b]Advice for those too chicken to get married..

To be Honest, marriage is not rocket science. The difference between marriage and dating is that piece of paper that allows you both to conjugate legally. There is no right age per se or time per se to be married, just the right person. There are days when you will feel trapped, there are days when your ex looks like she/he should have been the one, there are days when you will feel like maybe I should have waited a bit longer, there are days when you would wish to take a months leave from marriage and go enjoy life a bit and then return, there are days when you will miss the single life, there are days when you just want to kill your partner and get the life insurance money and then run off to a tropical Island and live happily ever after in a house full of vixens grin. But all these still does not make marriage any less fun.

All you need is the right person and the right attitude.. Someone you are emotionally, psychologically, domestically, physically, financially and intellectually in sync with and above all Comfortable with. Someone who makes you comfortable and puts your troubled mind at ease. A person who is both friend, confidant, therapist, Pastor, parent, etc to you. Someone you respect and trust.

Now like with everything in life, mistakes do happen where we choose the wrong person for what we thought then to be the right reasons, etc.. and it's okay to make such mistakes, that is why divorce is an available option for couples in distressed marriages. Feel free to break up from a bad and irredeemable marriage and start again as I don't agree that all marriages are for life or that a person should be forced to be in an unhappy marriage no matter what. But this still shouldn't discourage a person from getting married. The number of divorce still isn't higher than those of long lasting marriages. It's just that you hear more about divorces than marriage anniversaries as bad news spreads faster.

When you are in a good marriage, you never or rather rarely ever feel trapped..

Secondly.. There is no such thing as an unforgivable sin in marriage.. What's unforgivable is repetition. So say he slaps you once, it's nothing. But when it becomes a habit that is recurrent, then it's abusive and that relationship is toxic.

My advice for those who want to get married is simple... If you are convinced in your heart and in your head that you have met the right person, please go ahead and get married. Should it later become apparent that you have made a mistake by marrying your partner, get a divorce immediately. [/b]
The most sensible comment on this thread...just surprised that it's coming from madcow.

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by tommiebuck(f): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:

1. Marriage is the second best feeling to heaven (if you marry your friend) and hell (when you marry a stranger). Marry your friend. It gets to a time in life when it's no longer about the beauty, the six packs, the way s/he walks/smiles, how strong/romantic s/he is in bed e.t.c. It gets to a time when it's no longer how much you love him/her, but how much you want to be with him/her. How much of each other's company you enjoy. If you have to endure through a 3 straight hours of just sitting down and talking, then i doubt how much of your friend he/she is

i so love dis topic. i also love dis first point nd believe in it but then wat if dat friend you love so much is rejected by circumstances. how ll one handle it. how will one build anoda friendship to make a lover. i av dis friend and weve been close for more than two years now. we suddenly started loving each oda dat we feel comfortable with no oda opposite sex except with each other. but the problem now is that there are some funny and complicated circumstances surrounding the two of us dating let alone getting married. this is giving me headache. i want to love my friend too and not a stranger. i want somebody not anybody. how do i manage a stranger to be my friend or lover

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by meetchals: 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Anyone afraid to get married should remain single.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Mclick(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Fear of absolute possession by ladies and as I learnt too fear of been driven to penury plus some ladies are looking for burden bearer as husband, which is so true. some ladies ones they marry, their husband becomes their source of income aka ATM like I was chatting with a friend in the money. Where are the help mate. Just last week or so a post here also xtray that............. Ifekemmy where at thou

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
UchihaMadara: I am scared of 2 things:

1. Running out of air freshener in the bathroom, I need a woman that can guarantee me that there will always be air-freshener in the bathroom. Please always use it when you finish with your business.

2. My wife getting fat, I once had a nightmare that I got married and she just started expanding from the first day till she swallowed me. The wife I marry must make a commitment like I have made to never put on unnecessary pounds, that's why gyms were created.
LOOOOOOL!!!!!
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by JEITO: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
The most important thing about marriage, is to have a reason for wanting to get married.

This is what will help you look beyond all physical limitations when seeking a partner. There are people who marry for the wrong reasons, eg: looks, wealth or fame. Such union won't last. Even if they do, you won't enjoy it because you may have all the material benefits, but lack satisfaction.

NB: material possessions cannot guarantee satisfaction in life.

When you have a good reason for marriage, you won't feel tied or bound, you will look beyond the mistakes of your partner(there should be nothing like unforgiveable sin in marriage)

If you are scared of getting married, it isn't a bad thing to be scared. But it is bad to cave in because of your fears. You don't run away from challenges; you tackle it head on because in marriage you'll meet more challenges.

Nevertheless, I will advise you work on your self emotionally, spiritually, mentally etc before going into marriage. IT IS WORTH WAITING FOR and shouldn't be rushed into cos others are going into it.

Also, you don't choose partner randomly or mainly by what he present physically. Get to know him more.

Dating or courting, is not the period where you storm all the clubs, post selfie of your boo on social media, satisfy your sexual urges, or all them aimless activities. It is the period where you get to know each other better, Ask questions, test your strengths and weaknesses, help each other grow, find out how compatible the both of you are. Get to know his family etc.
This will help you infer if you are both suitable.

NB: not all good eligible bachelor is suitable for you.

But all in all, marriage is sweet and worth entering.

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by millionboi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Fear Not

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by dammytosh: 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
Advice is that

Do not marry a f00l.

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by DaJulee(f): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Good

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ini Edo denies cheating on her ex-husband

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/10/ini-edo-denies-cheating-on-her-ex.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? / Cobbler And His Wife Welcome Triplets In Uyo, Cry For Help (pics) / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.