Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,385 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:01 AM

Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog (62426 Views)

Chidinma,Others Shutdown UNILAG Wit Thrilling Performances At Skuki Concert(Pics / M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment / Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:
Is that enough to shut down a blog?? Come on! African crab-in-a-barrel mentality. That's why it's not good for women especially to showcase their wealth/success. The moment you do, others will try to bring you down (and usually it's the male category, not even female rivals). I hope she gets back bigger and stronger!! (and I'm not even her fan nor do I even visit her blog but I respect her hustle).

If she plagiarized, she should pay a fine or something. Not shutting down her bread and butter!

I hope you know that she accepted her fate when accepted the terms and conditions of Google

And justice was served in the end

17 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by IYANGBALI: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
I doesn't even knows what to say
Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Boss13: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
Well Linda should be glad this is Nigeria. She can easily dust her feet and continue working again. If it were other sane countries, she would be paying legal fees to lawyers for numerous cases and lawsuits crashing down her doors and likewise, the possibility of paying huge sums for damages and theft of intellectual properties and also the risk of losing income because nobody will want to associate themselves with negative publicity, hence advertisers will shun her blog. To be honest, this is not a case of bad belle. She should not be reaping of on someone's else sweat. She has customers who are hungry to be fed with her gossips, let her build on the demand, expand and employ young journalists who will go search for the news or even make the news happen. In ten (10) years time, she won't only be smiling to the bank, but glad she would be leaving a legacy (employing people and owing a company) and also changing the status quo in journalism.

Finally, I know a lot of people are watching and monitoring her reactions. If I were in her shoes, I will make no comment about it but get back to work so hard, that is the only way to respond. She is one luck babe. I wish her the best of luck.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Skywalker5(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
I have been on her site about 5 times before and i noticed most of her international stories were copied from other blogs and some online Newspaper. I dont know if that is plagarism sha but is that not the same thing we do on Nairaland when we copy stories from news website and paste it here?

2 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:
Is that enough to shut down a blog?? Come on! African crab-in-a-barrel mentality. That's why it's not good for women especially to showcase their wealth/success. The moment you do, others will try to bring you down (and usually it's the male category, not even female rivals). I hope she gets back bigger and stronger!! (and I'm not even her fan nor do I even visit her blog but I respect her hustle).

If she plagiarized, she should pay a fine or something. Not shutting down her bread and butter!

If you know nothing about something, staying quiet is a good alternative.

Plagiarism is an extremely grave issue in the US and it is treated with the highest priority punishment.

Linda Ikeji is nothing but a copy and paste blogger who takes all the credit for work she didn't do.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Ndababa(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
As unfortunate as this is, the whole thing's just gonna make her more popular n rich. Sometimes, disappointments prod you to do more, making you realize your hitherto unexplored horizon.

Go Linda, just that...erm... you just must stop plagiarizing cos the radar is beamed on you, n they're gonna keep it on for while. In the meantime, enjoy Nairaland before your website come up. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by jeffizy(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
missberrypop5:
Is the Mr AyDEE trying to tell us that he hasn't copied from another person's blog before?
Plssssss! Stop justifying wrong. It is costly.

10 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Koolking(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by joanana(f): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Rilamaka:
Complete BULLSHIT. Mr Aydee or whatever , I hope you can now buy your own Range Rover? Yeye dey smell
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Come on !!!! he did the right thing. she should have apologize to the guy but she was bragging and insulting the dude!!

Even if u copy the story acknowledge the writer .... it wont kill you.

Sorry Linda

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Koolking(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Feeding fat on other people's sweat without acknowledging them is a violation of moral and ethical laws, it should be condemned and sanctioned in strong terms. Either Linda Ikeji is living in denial or she is just not educated

SMH at most Nigerians pseudo-educated mentality

8 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by EbolaParasite: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Codedrock:
Omg! Sorry dear Linda. Google just so you know.. Thats too harsh!

Look at you. Copyright infringement is the same thing as going to someone's house, putting a gun to the persons head and collecting money.
People like you have sympathy for people who cheat during exams, do yahoo yahoo, rob the nation dry etc.
This is a serious offence. Even if she hosts her own website, she still can not do copy copy. A lot of people get away with it because they do not make money on their site. The minute you start making money, the original owners of the material you plagiarized will come after you because you are reaping where you did not sow.

16 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by IYANGBALI: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Linda ikeji stealing since the day she was concieved grin

12 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by udemzyudex(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
just give credit to the real owner na wahala,see where it has landed her into...

You will be fine miss...as a Naija babe i believe nothing do you.
Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by lawrenceunaa: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
I see no explanation in this post tongue

1 Like

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Aida13: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
pDude:

If you know nothing about something, staying quiet is a good alternative.

Plagiarism is an extremely grave issue in the US and it is treated with the highest priority punishment.

Linda Ikeji is nothing but a copy and paste blogger who takes all the credit for work she didn't do.

Hmm thank you for the lesson. But I put it to you that this is a very harsh penalty. I'm not saying she's right/wrong but does the punishment suit the crime? Anyway if so then she will have to face the consequences. Just please learn how to put your point across better ok. Instead of using style to tell me to shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by adepiero: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
Every individual works of Linda ikeji is false except the ones she copied from other people. example of her false info is that of Olamide's girlfriend whom Linda claimed was pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by EbolaParasite: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:

Shame on you. If Nigeria depends on people like you to develop, the nation is doomed.
Plagiarism is a FREAKING big deal. You can not make money of another persons hardwork. The fact that other people didn't report her doesn't make her copy copy legit.

7 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by twinstaiye(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
adepiero:

“But it is not a case of witch-hunting and has nothing to do with Linda Ikeji’s personality or anyone else because there is a process, and irrespective of who you are in the world, that process would apply to you,”
http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/google-shuts-down-linda-ikejis-blog/

I dont buy the Google Nigeria story especially the part that says it is not witch hunting. Linda had been using the .com for a very long time. How come it was when someone petitioned Google before they took her blog down?
Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
[size=15pt]if so then every news reporting blog should be shut down, because every news blog i have come accross recycles news from papers and other websites..... All blogs go down!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by EbolaParasite: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:

Hmm thank you for the lesson. But I put it to you that this is a very harsh penalty. I'm not saying she's right/wrong but does the punishment suit the crime? Anyway if so then she will have to face the consequences. Just please learn how to put your point across better ok. Instead of using style to tell me to shut up.

Punishment - Really?
You call shutting the blog down punishment?
Here is what punishment looks like - A lawsuit in the millions (in dollars) claiming punitive damages amongst other things. Na that time you go know whats up.

10 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by esteltiarra: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
Na wa for linda story, she is obviously becoming more popular either positive or negative....... tongue

1 Like

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by arsetalks(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Yet her fans keep blaming so called haters. She keeps benefiting from other people's sweat illegally but people won't criticise her for that instead blame her so called haters.

People like this will fail an exam because they refuse to read and still blame it on one so called witch or wizard in their villages.

Makes me think Wole Soyinka's statement " this generation is dead on arrival" is true.

4 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by sharks776(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
WHY NOT SAY[b] "CRITICS"[/b] INSTEAD OF "HATERS"? ITS ALL ABOUT COMPETITION AND BUSINESS STRATEGY YOU KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by EbolaParasite: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
twinstaiye:

I dont buy the Google Nigeria story especially the part that says it is not witch hunting. Linda had been using the .com for a very long time. How come it was when someone petitioned Google before they took her blog down?

Shame on you too.
Nigerians sha. The fact that no one petitioned before now does not make what she did right.
What do you people mean by WITCH hunting sef?
Did she commit a crime? YES.

10 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Aida13: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Shame on you. If Nigeria depends on people like you to develop, the nation is doomed.
Plagiarism is a FREAKING big deal. You can not make money of another persons hardwork. The fact that other people didn't report her doesn't make her copy copy legit.

I see. Thankfully the nation has been doomed long before I was even born. As for depending on me to develop, I think the nation has sucked enough of the young and aspiring types yet still has no hope of recovery. Admittedly I never knew how serious the crime is. Even at that, I wonder if this is not head-hunting. Why her, why now? Do you know how many sites copy and lift other people's material? That said, I hope they can give her a lighter penalty. It's hard to be original sometimes in her kind of industry.

Jeez didn't expect to have my head almost bitten off.

2 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by shugacaneman: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
there are crimes in Nigeria that we dont take seriously...we break traffic rules too and its just like a norm. I wish we will all learn
Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:

Sorry for using style to shut you up. grin

And yes, the punishment suits the crime. It is called piracy. Over here, piracy is such an extreme issue that it the FBI that handles such cases.

Linda is a pirate and the punishment is well deserved. Do you notice that she isn't defending her actions? She knows the truth and knows she is wrong that's why.

17 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by adepiero: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
twinstaiye:

Its not googles business where she gets her info from but the point is that her blog is registered under them and it would give Google a bad name when their client is being accused of a crime and they don't act. Blane Linda for not reading the terms and condition before creating her blog.

7 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Aida13: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Punishment - Really?
You call shutting the blog down punishment?
Here is what punishment looks like - A lawsuit in the millions (in dollars) claiming punitive damages amongst other things. Na that time you go know whats up.

People just shout 'lawsuit' anyhow. And millions of dollars? For what? Is he John Grisham? How much does he stand to lose for being plagiariazed of say a few thousand words? Don't make me laugh. Shutting her down is the worst they could do. No one is awarding anyone close to even a fraction of the amount you're spewing up there.
Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by EbolaParasite: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:

I see. Thankfully the nation has been doomed long before I was even born. As for depending on me to develop, I think the nation has sucked enough of the young and aspiring types yet still has no hope of recovery. Admittedly I never knew how serious the crime is. Even at that, I wonder if this is not head-hunting. Why her, why now? Do you know how many sites copy and lift other people's material? That said, I hope they can give her a lighter penalty. It's hard to be original sometimes in her kind of industry.

Jeez didn't expect to have my head almost bitten off.

You miss the point. If you do not steal, no one will come after you. Witch-hunting or not. Again this is a HUGE crime. The original owners can actually sue her to court and she will lose every single penny she made since the day the blog opened up

7 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by Missy89(f): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:

u've got to be kidding me.

smh

8 Likes

Re: Google Explains Why It Shutdown Linda Ikeji's Blog by EbolaParasite: 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aida13:

People just shout 'lawsuit' anyhow. And millions of dollars? For what? Is he John Grisham? How much does he stand to lose for being plagiariazed of say a few thousand words? Don't make me laugh. Shutting her down is the worst they could do. No one is awarding anyone close to even a fraction of the amount you're spewing up there.

You obviously don't know the implications of plagiarism. I repeat, she can be sued for millions of dollars. Stealing is a BIG crime. Plagiarism is a BIG crime. The fact that Nigerians Plagiarize their school project, homework and every single thing in the University does not make it ok or a small crime as you seem to think it is.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

D'banj Celebrates 35th Birthday Party With A Big Booty Cake (photos) / Paul Okoye Shows The Interior Design Of His House (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh At Stadium To Watch Africa's Cup Of Nation (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.