Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,766 members, 7,924,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 01:50 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (712046 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Success helps Granada down Sevilla
By: George Akpayen
[/size]

Isaac Success

Nigerian forward Isaac Success was among the goals for his Spanish club Granada as they edged Sevilla 2-1 in the Liga BBVA on Sunday.

Success and Adalberto Penaranda set Granada on the path to only their fourth win of the season in the Spanish top division. Vitolo scored for the away team at Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes.

In the sixth minute, Success had a sight of goal from Edgar Mendez's assist but the former Nigerian under-17 star fired right-footed from outside of the goal area off target.

Eleven minutes later, Success scored. He poached away from the centre of the box after Ruben Rochina's shot was saved by Sevilla goalkeeper Sergio Rico to give Granada CF a 1-0 lead.

Granada doubled their lead with eight minutes to the break through Penaranda's right-footed strike.

Sevilla threw themselves back into the contest with a late goal before half time through Vitolo, who finished from close range.

Uche Agbo joined his Nigerian compatriot, Success, to help protect their lead when he replaced Rene Krhin in the 72nd minute.

There was one last action to involve Success but it was not a positive finish to the contest. A minute to time, he was booked by the referee, Alberto Mallenco, for a foul.

Success has now scored four goals in the league for Granada CF.
ng.supersport.mobi/football/nigeria/news/160103/Success_helps_Granada_down_Sevilla
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Ligue 1 2015/2016 Israel
Amutu: I'm not far from my Arsenal dream
[/size]

Amutu celebrates a goal in stye

Austin Amutu has told AfricanFootball.com he believes his dream of playing for Arsenal is not far from coming true after he was recommended by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to French club Angers.

He also said Arsenal made enquirers my about him while he was at Warri Wolves and for Wenger to recommend him means the Frenchman is still monitoring him.

"It has been my dream to play for Arsenal, they came for my while I was at Warri Wolves and I think it was money that truncated the whole thing, by now I should be playing for Arsenal or any team in England,” he revealed.

"I am happy that a coach like Wenger has interest in me for long, still keeps his eyes on me and has not lost interest.

“I believe I am not far away from my dream of playing for Arsenal. He recommended me to Angers. The French team watched me score in Toto Cup semi-finals."

Amutu scored a brace for Hapoel Ironi Khryat Shmona to seal a place in the final of Israeli Toto Cup after they beat Dele Aiyenugba's Bnei Yehuda 3-0 on Wednesday.

Hapoel Ironi Khryat Shmona will now face Maccabi Petah Tivka in the final.

It was Amutu's first official game since he signed for the Israeli club and he has dedicated the goal to his kid brother as a 'Special' Birthday gift.

"I am so delighted to score a brace that helped my team progress to the final of the cup. It was against a strong team and I give God all the glory,” he said.

"The goal is for my kid brother who celebrated his birthday on Wednesday."

The former Kelanta of Malaysia striker scored the opening goal of the game 38th minute and doubled his team's lead in the 44th minute.
Dele Aiyenugba was in goal for Bnei Yehuda.
By Olusola Alao
africanfootball.com/news/598531/Amutu-I-m-not-far-from-my-Arsenal-dream
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakritz: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Young Players Expected to Hit New Heights in 2016
[/size]
By Mansur Abubakar

These players are already household names to certain extents but are expected to really hit the ground running in 2016 after showing traces of brilliance in the past year.

Kelechi Iheanacho - last year was an unforgettable year for Iheanacho, he not only got his first senior debut for Manchester City in an English Premier League game, he also scored two dramatic goals that not only confirmed six points for City in their push for the EPL title but also cementing his place alongside the likes of Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero and David Silva on the weekly team sheet.

This year, the player is expected to go one step further by claiming a starting line up shirt among City's elite players and with the club's ageing squad and plans of inculcating young players into the first team, Iheanacho might just to be closer to realizing his dream of becoming a 'starter'.

Taiwo Awoniyi - No one will be happier than this player for the fact that Jurgen Klopp is now Liverpool manager given his history of unearthing gems. When the youngster signed for the English giants last year, Brendan Rodgers was still in charge and he was hurriedly rushed to Bundesliga 2 on loan.

Awoniyi will return to the Anfield club by May (at the end of the season) and as everyone know about Klopp, he loves his young players, if Awoniyi is able to replicate some of his scoring exploits for Nigeria during the next pre-season with Liverpool he would be in the Kop's senior team for the next season.

Victor Osimhen - this year, the FIFA U17 World Cup record goal scorer will finally turn 18 which will enable him to sign his first professional contract. The question on many people's lips is which of these two will he finally settle for, Wolfsburg or Arsenal.

Each of the aforementioned clubs have amazing history in terms of nurturing talents for the game and many believe signing for any will be a step in the right direction for the Ultimate academy striker.

Kelechi Nwakali - another player from the 2015 U17 class whose talents cannot be questioned. He is presently linked with Arsenal and Manchester City which has his brother Chidebere Nwakali in their ranks. He is a player who can be likened to a young 'Mesut Ozil'or the Dutch maestro 'Dennis Bergkamp' due to his vision on the field of play and ability to create something out of nothing. Nwakali is expected to finally settle for one of his suitors early this year, move over there and continue to dazzle with his amazing talent.

Moses Simon - some Nigerian football fans claimed not to have heard of him before his thunderbolt free kick that ensured the Super Eagles overcame a stubborn Swaziland and qualify for the final FIFA 2018 World Cup qualifying round.

Fans of Gent in the Belgian top flight already have a song for him after hitting double figures for the club in the last two seasons which culminated in the northern side winning the country's FA Cup.

For two years now, some of the biggest sides in Europe have been on Moses' trail and many believe Chelsea, Liverpool or Porto might finally get their man this year.

Zaharadeen Bello - like Iheanacho, Bello is another player from the 2013 U17 World Cup winning side that has the world at his feet. An amazing defender that can only get better.

Was unlucky to have joined Kano Pillars in a 'not too good' season but despite that emerged one of the few bright sparks in what was a disappointing term for the former NPFL champions.

His performances whenever he was called upon have been commendable and it's expected that Bello will go ahead to establish himself as a regular with the one-time CAF Champions league semifinalist who will be looking to redeem themselves in the 2015/2016 season.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201601041688.html
[/b]

Where is Isaac Success? Where is Onyinye Ndidi?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Yeah. ' Back.Happy New Year all.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Hart said: 'He is one of those players - and I don't think he will be unhappy with me saying it - that some days you look at him in training and he is useless!
'That is just down to him, and you know that when it comes to games he is going to score, because he is that talented, that good a player.

If you read what Joe Hart said first of all, he did not say Aguero does not give his all in training or he is useless in training always. He said, some days.

If you read the starting of the article and the ending of the article, you will see it is about goal conversion.

He gave answer to a question. From the context of the article, it is about goal scoring.

You are intelligent.... I love persons like you....
Now concerning that article, your explanation is EXACTLY what was meant

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
Siasia Insists No Automatic Shirts For Kelechi Iheanacho And Isaac Success

Published: January 05, 2016

Dream Team VI coach Samson Siasia has stated that no player is guaranteed a place in his roster for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The former Nantes forward has revealed that the Nigeria Under 23s will begin preparations for the competition in a month’s time.

“Since we qualified for the football event of the Rio Olympics, a lot of players both at home and abroad have been calling me that they want to play for the country, so myself and my assistants intend to use the first week of camping to see these players who will bear the cost of their trip to the camp and accommodate themselves, ” said Siasia.

“Any of them selected will now be added to the players who made us proud in Senegal for a full camping.

“Mind you, no player is yet guaranteed a shirt in the team, as I have always said only the best legs will make it to Rio de Janeiro.”

Beginning from March, Siasia says he intends to run the rule over the foreign - based professionals in an accessible country in Europe, where they will play some friendly games before returning to their clubs.

Granada`s Isaac Success, Man City`s Kelechi Iheanacho and Gent winger Moses Simon are all eligible to represent Nigeria at the Olympic Games.

http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/809869882?-21310:8643

I no talk am. grin Chai! Somebody must play regularly oooo else no show. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
linked:

You are intelligent.... I love persons like you....
Now concerning that article, your explanation is EXACTLY what was meant

Wonders shall never end smh, then why would Hart begin by saying "he is one of those players" if he is talking about scoring in training? why would anyone care if Kun scores in training? They even showed how deadly Kun is. That is the whole point of the article Kun is so talented that he doesnt even train hard during the week. He is a big game player.

I think he is a smart hard headed guy also lol.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
forgiveness:

Published: January 05, 2016

Dream Team VI coach Samson Siasia has stated that no player is guaranteed a place in his roster for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The former Nantes forward has revealed that the Nigeria Under 23s will begin preparations for the competition in a month’s time.

“Since we qualified for the football event of the Rio Olympics, a lot of players both at home and abroad have been calling me that they want to play for the country, so myself and my assistants intend to use the first week of camping to see these players who will bear the cost of their trip to the camp and accommodate themselves, ” said Siasia.

“Any of them selected will now be added to the players who made us proud in Senegal for a full camping.

“Mind you, no player is yet guaranteed a shirt in the team, as I have always said only the best legs will make it to Rio de Janeiro.”

Beginning from March, Siasia says he intends to run the rule over the foreign - based professionals in an accessible country in Europe, where they will play some friendly games before returning to their clubs.

Granada`s Isaac Success, Man City`s Kelechi Iheanacho and Gent winger Moses Simon are all eligible to represent Nigeria at the Olympic Games.

http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/809869882?-21310:8643

I no talk am. grin Chai! Somebody must play regularly oooo else no show. grin

Sensational headline! Out of the tens of hundreds of players eligible, why did this journalist single out these two players? Siasia didnt mention any names, so why didnt the author say "Siasia Insists No Automatic Shirts For Solanke and Taiwo"?

And forgiveness, I dont know what you read but there is nowhere in that article that Siasia mentioned players playing regularly.

Dude, I like you. You like to make yourself happy! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Icon4s:
Yeah. ' Back.Happy New Year all.

You are welcome in to the New Year of favour Sir.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations Nigeria U23
Siasia plans Europe friendlies ahead Rio Olympics
[/size]

Siasia - U23 AFCON champion coach

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has said he plans Europe training camps and test matches as part of his team’s preparations for the Rio Olympics in August.

Nigeria will be in Rio as African U23 champions after they last featured at the Olympics in 2008.

The former Super Eagles manager disclosed that the African champions will commence preparations for the Rio Olympics in the first week of February.

Siasia, who also led the U-20 boys to the African title and runner-up position at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in The Netherlands in 2005, stated that he intends to utilize all the FIFA windows available to him and his assistants to see other players at close quarters.

"For now my plans are to utilize fully all the FIFA windows beginning with the one in March, with the hope of taking players selected to an accessible country in Europe where all the overseas -based players can come with ease, play one or two friendly games and then have them return to their respective clubsides," he said.

Siasia said he plans to use the February camping in Abuja to see any new player who could add value to the team who won the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal last month.

"Since we qualified for the football event of the Rio Olympics, a lot of players both at home and abroad have been calling me that they want to play for the country, so myself and my assistants intend to use the first week of camping to see these players who will bear the cost of their trip to the camp and accommodate themselves,” he said.

“Any of them selected will now be added to the players who made us proud in Senegal for a full camping. Mind you, no player is yet guaranteed a shirt in the team, as I have always said only the best legs will make it to Rio de Janeiro.

"For now, time is not on our hands and as such, we need to start work in a bid to present a team that will make Nigerians proud in Brazil.

“For me, after winning silver at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, my next target is to go all out for gold in Rio, and I strongly believe we have the players who can achieve this."
africanfootball.com//news/598748/Siasia-plans-Europe-friendlies-ahead-Rio-Olympics
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Isaac sets his eyes on Success in Spain
[/size]

Isaac Success vs Brazil at the 2015 U20 World Cup in New Zealand

More than two years after he exploded on the international scene with the Golden Eaglets at the CAF U17 Championship in Morocco, Isaac Success is gradually working his way to the top in Spain.

Gambo scuttles Vietnam transfer
The powerfully built centre-forward has stood up to be counted in the current La Liga season, netting four goals in 19 games including one of the goals in an important 2-1 win over Sevilla on Sunday.

The aptly named Success is one of the best attacking talents Nigeria have in Europe after undergoing his apprenticeship in Spain.

Success was the top scorer at the CAF U17 championship in Morocco and went to FIFA U17 as the top striker for coach Manu Garba, but after the first two games he got injured and could not feature in the competition again.

He was part of the Nigeria U20 team to the World Cup in New Zealand in 2015, when he scored two goals.

He joined La Liga side Granada in the 2013/2014 season and played for the second team where he scored three goals in five games.

He was promoted to the main team that same season due to his performance with the Granada II, but couldn't get playing time and returned to the team B for the 2014/2015 season where he scored six goals in 15 games.

Success returned to the main team same season of 2014/2015 season and played 19 games with a goal to his name.

During this season, he set a new record at Granada becoming the youngest player to make his debut at age 18 years 7 months 24 days in a 1-1 draw against Elche on 31st August, 2014, to erase a 42-year record by Santi Antonoya, who was 18 years 11 months when he made his bow.

On Saturday 19th September, 2015 Isaac Success played against Real Madrid and was a torn in the flesh of Marcelo who couldn't stop the rampaging Success.

Success was considered for the U23 AFCON before he was replaced by U17 sensation Victor Osimhen on the final squad.

He will most certainly get another chance with Dream Team VI for the Rio Olympics in August after which he will be expected to be on the Eagles radar like his U17 teammate Kelechi Iheanacho.

Born: January 7, 1996
Position: Striker
Height: 1.82m

Previous club: BJ Foundation (Nigeria)
Honours: CAF U17 runners-up in 2013; CAF U17 top scorer in 2013; FIFA U17 World Cup 2013 winner
By Olusola Alao
africanfootball.com/news/598726/Isaac-sets-his-eyes-on-Success-in-Spain
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho Wants Champions League Action; Praises Aguero, Yaya
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho is keen to take Samir Nasri's place in Manchester City's Champions League squad after reports that the Frenchman could be out until around the semi-final stage.

The 19-year-old, who has scored four goals from just 275 minutes of action this season in the English Premier League, was not registered for the group phase of the Champions League but says the prospect of playing European football does not scare him.

Iheanacho who has one senior international cap to his name also believes he can help Manchester City in all competitions.

“Football is just the same,” Iheanacho told the Manchester Evening News. “It’s a big tournament and I haven’t played in it before, so you just have to do your best and keep doing what you are doing.

“It’s the same players I train with, so it’s not going to be easy but I really have to help my team if I’m in.

“Everyone has been great to me. Yaya and everyone. They talk to me every time in the dressing room and on the field of play, they speak to me very well.

“I’m happy to work with them and play with great players. They talk to me every time, so every one of them is good.

“The facilities here – everything is great. The pitch, the environment. Great people as well are working here. It’s a very great place to train and to play. I love staying here.”

Iheanacho, who could make his fourth start for Manchester City against Everton in the Capital One Cup semi-finalon Wednesday with Wilfred Bony out with a calf injury, says Sergio Aguero is one of the finest strikers in the world and feels working alongside him doesn't come with pressure as it is key to his development.

The Nigerian youngster added: “I feel great training with Sergio. He’s a great player. Good technique. Good finish. Good position. Good runs off the defender off the ball.

“He’s very intelligent, a good striker, a great finisher. I’m happy training with him and playing alongside him.

“I learn from him as well, both in the training and in the games. The I work hard and improve on things that I don’t do.

“It’s not a pressure to me. I just have to work really hard and when I get a game prove myself. Young players need to work and show their manager they really want to be in the first team.”
www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-wants-champions-league-action-praises-aguero-yaya/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
joseph1013:

Sensational headline! Out of the tens of hundreds of players eligible, why did this journalist single out these two players? Siasia didnt mention any names, so why didnt the author say "Siasia Insists No Automatic Shirts For Solanke and Taiwo"?

And forgiveness, I dont know what you read but there is nowhere in that article that Siasia mentioned players playing regularly.

If you ask me, na who me, I go ask? grin

Haba! You mean you have not seen the recent article that mentioned that players must be playing regularly before they are considered for selection? Don't worry I will dig it out. grin

Yes oo, because I always find positive in every negative. But the truth is Siasia said no automatic shirt for any player and that includes Kelechi Iheanacho and Isaac Success now. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:46am On Jan 06, 2016
terzurum5:

You are welcome in to the New Year of favour Sir.

Thanks and I wish u same.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:01am On Jan 06, 2016
forgiveness:

If you ask me, na who me, I go ask? grin

Haba! You mean you have not seen the recent article that mentioned that players must be playing regularly before they are considered for selection? Don't worry I will dig it out. grin

Yes oo, because I always find positive in every negative. But the truth is Siasia said no automatic shirt for any player and that includes Kelechi Iheanacho and Isaac Success now. grin

That is typical of what every national team coach will say.
They seem to throw the camp open and use "regular football" as a criterion bt at same time they know some players hu will already make d team.U cannot tell me a player that players regular football in the Hungarian lower division is better placed than a player hu makes regular substitute apearances in a top EPL team.
We already know players who are very likely to make the team and baring any injuries and clubs refusal to release these players, the likes of Isaac Success, Moses Simon, Kelechi Iheanacho, Emmanuel Daniel, Azubuike Okechukwu, Stanley Dimgba, Oghenekaro Etebor are among those that are likely to make it to Rio.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:09am On Jan 06, 2016
joseph1013:

Dnt mind forgiveness he jst wants his wish of seeing all those naija oyinbo playing for Nigeria to come to pass.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:25am On Jan 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations Lille
CAF YOUTH PLAYER 2015: Will Mali U20 sensation deny Osimhen?
[/size]

Osimhen was the star of the 2015 U17 World Cup in Chile

The dream of Nigeria wonder kids Victor Osimhen and Kelechi Nwakali emerging as African Youth Player of the Year 2015 could well be dashed by Mali U20 star Adama Traore.

Adama Traore shone like a million stars for the Mali at the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The attacking midfielder emerged as the Most Valuable Player at the World Cup, where he scored four goals with three assists to help Mali finish third.

AS Monaco subsequently splashed 19 million Euros to sign him from fellow French Ligue 1 side Lille.

Golden Eaglets captain Kelechi Nwakali emerged as Most Valuable Player at the FIFA U17 World Cup and the trophy as champion and looks set to head to the English Premier League soon just as older brother Chidiebere did after the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup triumph.

He is a top quality midfielder with great composure who deserved his nomination.

Victor Osimhen was the star of the FIFA U17 World Cup in November in Chile, where he set a new goals scoring record at the competition by becoming the first player to score 10 goals.

Apart from being a champion, he was the second best player at the competition.
He also won CAF U23 championship for Nigeria.
Little wonder, the Ultimate Strikers Academy of Lagos hitman is wanted by German Bundesliga side Wolfsburg among several other top European clubs.

Osimhen’s Profile
Born: December 29, 1998
Height: 1.85m
Position: Striker
Present club: Ultimate Strikers Academy Lagos
africanfootball.com/news/598755/CAF-YOUTH-PLAYER-2015-Will-Mali-U20-sensation-deny-Osimhen
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:37am On Jan 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Glo-CAF Awards: Nigeria U-23, U-17, Amuneke, Etebo, Osimhen in line for honours
[/size]

Two Nigerian champion teams, World Cup -winning Coach Emmanuel Amuneke, and star players Azubuike Okechukwu and Victor Osimhen are in line to be honoured at the Glo-Caf African Football Awards on Thursday evening.

The annual showpiece, which rewards African football players from across the world who had excelled in the preceding year, will take place at the International Conference Centre, Abuja from 7pm on Thursday.

Nigeria’s U-23 team, which won the 2nd Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal last month, in the process qualifying for this year’s Olympics football tournament in Rio de Janeiro, is nominated in the category of ‘National Team of the Year,’ alongside Nigeria’s U-17 squad which successfully retained the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile in November.

Azubuike Okechukwu, who captained the Nigeria U-23 to glory in Senegal and was selected the Most Valuable Player, is nominated for ‘Most Promising Talent’ alongside team-mate Etebo Oghenekaro, who finished the tournament as top scorer.

Golden Eaglets’ Head Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, is listed for ‘Coach of the Year,’ while his players, Kelechi Nwakali and Victor Osimhen are in consideration for ‘Youth Player of the Year.’

Eaglets’ captain Nwakali was named the Most Valuable Player of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, with Osimhen the top scorer of all time with 10 goals.

Super Falcons’ defender Ngozi Ebere is nominated for ‘Women Player of the Year.’
sunnewsonline.com/new/glo-caf-awards-nigeria-u-23-u-17-amuneke-etebo-osimhen-in-line-for-honours/
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:04am On Jan 06, 2016
Icon4s:

Dnt mind forgiveness he jst wants his wish of seeing all those naija oyinbo playing for Nigeria to come to pass.

You see yourself. You told me to reorientate my mind but you have forgotten France used black Africans to win the World Cup. So, who needs to reorientate his mind between us? grin

Maybe those naija oyinbo fit helipu us win Olympics na. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2016
Icon4s:

That is typical of what every national team coach will say.
They seem to throw the camp open and use "regular football" as a criterion bt at same time they know some players hu will already make d team.U cannot tell me a player that players regular football in the Hungarian lower division is better placed than a player hu makes regular substitute apearances in a top EPL team.
We already know players who are very likely to make the team and baring any injuries and clubs refusal to release these players, the likes of Isaac Success, Moses Simon, Kelechi Iheanacho, Emmanuel Daniel, Azubuike Okechukwu, Stanley Dimgba, Oghenekaro Etebor are among those that are likely to make it to Rio.

Bros, Did I ever mentioned players playing regular football in Hungary lower division?

All I have mentioned so far are players playing regularly in the Eredivisie, Pro league, Championship, LA liga, Segunda-division, MLS and the premier-league. And that's all.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, Did I ever mentioned players playing regular football in Hungary lower division?

All I have mentioned so far are players playing regularly in the Eredivisie, Pro league, Championship, LA liga, Segunda-division, MLS and the premier-league. And that's all.

My using a Hungarian lower division was jst an illustration. As a coach u cannot strictly apply the "only those playing regular football will feature" when u know some very good players dnt get regular games bc they are in more competitive clubs.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Roma Rising Star Sadiq Umar Scores For Second Game In A Row

Sadiq Umar, dubbed the New Nwankwo Kanu, scored for the second straight game in the Roma’s 3 - 3 draw with Chievo Verona in the Serie A on Wednesday afternoon.

On 7 minutes, the lanky forward gave the visitors the lead and his team doubled their advantage eight minutes before the intermission through Florenzi.

Paloschi and Dainelli scored to tie the game before Iago Falqué netted in the 79th minute to put Roma 3 - 2 up, but five minutes from time Pepe popped up with the equalizer.

Sadiq Umar opened his goalscoring account for Roma in their 2 - 0 victory over Genoa on December 20, 2015.

The 18 - year - old was replaced by Gyömbér ten minutes from time.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17466

This boy is heading for the Olympics football game with his recent performance. Chai! Somebody must play regularly. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Pellegrini must really have it out for Iheanacho....City fans are speculating that maybe Kelechi shagged his grand daughter and that's why he won't give him playing time grin

Anyway, Pelle is just about done with City, they'll really need to get Pep in the Summer....such a long wait

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:05am On Jan 07, 2016
Icon4s:

My using a Hungarian lower division was jst an illustration. As a coach u cannot strictly apply the "only those playing regular football will feature" when u know some very good players dnt get regular games bc they are in more competitive clubs.
don't mind him, he must have started watching ball three years ago.

So if I'm a coach, I'll sooner call up someone playing regularly in China than a bencher in a top 5 EPL/La Liga club? Even if I smoke Oshogbo weed.....

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:56am On Jan 07, 2016
safarigirl:
Pellegrini must really have it out for Iheanacho....City fans are speculating that maybe Kelechi shagged his grand daughter and that's why he won't give him playing time grin

Anyway, Pelle is just about done with City, they'll really need to get Pep in the Summer....such a long wait

You sef saw it. The thing don tire them. LOL

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:59am On Jan 07, 2016
forgiveness:
Roma Rising Star Sadiq Umar Scores For Second Game In A Row

Sadiq Umar, dubbed the New Nwankwo Kanu, scored for the second straight game in the Roma’s 3 - 3 draw with Chievo Verona in the Serie A on Wednesday afternoon.

On 7 minutes, the lanky forward gave the visitors the lead and his team doubled their advantage eight minutes before the intermission through Florenzi.

Paloschi and Dainelli scored to tie the game before Iago Falqué netted in the 79th minute to put Roma 3 - 2 up, but five minutes from time Pepe popped up with the equalizer.

Sadiq Umar opened his goalscoring account for Roma in their 2 - 0 victory over Genoa on December 20, 2015.

The 18 - year - old was replaced by Gyömbér ten minutes from time.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17466

This boy is heading for the Olympics football game with his recent performance. Chai! Somebody must play regularly. grin

You probably dont know that we have been promoting this boy in the U17 and U20 threads before you heard of him. LOL

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:09am On Jan 07, 2016
joseph1013:

You probably dont know that we have been promoting this boy in the U17 and U20 threads before you heard of him. LOL

That guy called forgiveness.Na so.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:11am On Jan 07, 2016
safarigirl:

Mayb If Iheanacho was English....
U guys here know I am nt d type that hype players. I have always maintained a conservative stance on Iheanacho.
Though I still dnt rate him as highly as most peeps here do, bt i still believe he is better than the playing time he is being given.Iheanacho has shown that he can play both as an AM, SS and a CF. I think he is good enough to even start a couple of EPL games.

If this "snub" by Pellegrini continues into d next season(if Pellegrini remains). Iheanacho should seek a transfer.

I am nt a City fan. Iheanacho's development is important for our national team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2016
joseph1013:

Really! grin but d boy don pass U17 and U20 now. grin

He is good for the Olympics football games. That's all I saying, you know. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2016
safarigirl:
don't mind him, he must have started watching ball three years ago.

So if I'm a coach, I'll sooner call up someone playing regularly in China than a bencher in a top 5 EPL/La Liga club? Even if I smoke Oshogbo weed.....

How you come take know? grin

Mention the names of players playing regularly in China I mentioned?

All I have mentioned so far plays in top leagues and they are all equally eligible to play for Nigeria. No, schism.

You know what I mean.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:46am On Jan 07, 2016
Icon4s:

That guy called forgiveness.Na so.

Na you sabi. grin

I will not support bench warmers over players playing regularly in top leagues: Serie-a, Eredivisie, Championship, Pro league and LA liga na.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2016
forgiveness:

Na you sabi. grin

I will not support bench warmers over players playing regularly in top leagues: Serie-a, Eredivisie, Championship, Pro league and LA liga na.

Sorry, u wont make a good coach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.