Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,774 members, 7,969,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:54 AM

Do You Drink Water While Eating? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Drink Water While Eating? (11750 Views)

Between Food And Meat Which Is Advisable To Eat First While Eating? / How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? / Why Do You Drink Malt Drinks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2009
while eating, after eating, just drink water is all that matters.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Nezan(m): 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
I drink before, during and after meals. I think its healthy.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2009
Nezan:

I drink before, during and after meals. I think its healthy.

very
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by pcguru(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2009
I only drink water while eating if the food is pepperish shocked shocked shocked,if u know what i mean! wink
if not,after is cool
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by oneluvb55(f): 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
i drink while eating
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by shesi(m): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2009
the argument is that drinking water whiles eating dilutes the HCL in your stomach and leaves you more susceptible to harmful pathogens in the food. that's why it's better to drink juices, or even alcohol, anything that is also acidic.

personally i dont like to drink anything at all while i'm eating. if i'm in public i take little little sips but no actually drink.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by obimind(m): 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
please, you guys are really funny. As for me,I find it very difficult to stay without water while eating. Psychologically, I feel the food is hanging when I fail to take water while eating.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by aonom(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
:d
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Shentz(f): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2009
yeah i have to, feels weird when i don't
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2009
I drink a lot of water. Min. 2 bottles of water undecided
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by tayoast(m): 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
sometyms, hours after eating.

I only hope it's not bad.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
of course. why not?
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Littleone1: 12:05am On Aug 06, 2009
Actually i tk a sip b4 eating n then when eating can finish like 2sachets.im in luv wit water
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by itunsco: 1:59am On Aug 06, 2009
i cant drink before and i wait 2hrs after eating to drink water cos if i drink water I will throw up
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by chyk91(m): 4:36am On Aug 06, 2009
i drink water b4, during and after eating.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by oyinda3(f): 6:32am On Aug 06, 2009
yes i doooo. i heard it's a bad habit but so difficult to break. i don't get why u're not supposed to drink water though.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2009
i blend it all together, and call it a smoothie grin
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Amigoz(f): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2009
oyinda.:

yes i doooo. i heard it's a bad habit but so difficult to break. i don't get why u're not supposed to drink water though.

I suppose it gives you a fall sense of being full, I have read some dieters go for this.

@op

No I drink once the meal is over, or if 4 any reason i choke in between cheesy
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by kshow1(m): 10:42am On Aug 06, 2009
I love water more than the food itself, so if i drink during meals i might end up not finishing the food.
basically i drink after eating.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2009
purewater is it! grin
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Divab(f): 10:55am On Aug 06, 2009
Healthy wise & for easy digestion, its best to drink water 30 minutes before meal or 30 minutes after meal, Its now a habit for me, and helps in digestion process & bloating of tummy,
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by dfanthom(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2009
i drink as much water as i possibly can & still consume as much too even though i'm still a slim shady!!! grin
can drink about 150cl-200cl for a meal and all thro the day. :Pit really helps prevent dehydration & even pile too.
there's not a single limitation or disadvantage attributed with water consumption grin
cheesy
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by bonjovi: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2009
i drink after eating,preferably not cold water heard it helps to fasten digestion.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by viceb: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2009
Well it depends. The best water to drink while eating is alkaline ionised water. It parley with food as the internal environment of the body encourages alkalinity.Mail me on princeviceb@yahoo.com to get more information on this.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by azoo: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2009
Why do you always allow these oyinbo to fool you peoe follow them without reasoning. The whites tend not to drink while eating or consume less water cos of their weather which aid water retention in the body, so excess water while eating is detriment to their digestion. But common we loose lot of water in this our weather now, so drink lil water while eating too,
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by spicy007(f): 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2009
well, according to health practitioners,
a glass of water is required while eating
about 30 mins to an hour, then lots of fluid (preferably water) should be consumed
also, lots of water between meals is recommended.

well, i tried to adapt to this in uni, i did.
with regards to the glass of water during eating, i do dat well
the problem is drinking water between meals
time just seems to fly by
im making it a conscious effort to drink at least 6 glasses a day, for my own sake
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by wandecoal(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2009
I drink natural milk b4,durin,after meal. also prefer taking it also with garri!.hahaha!!!! grin
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Nezan(m): 9:56am On Aug 07, 2009
wandecoal:

I drink natural milk b4,durin,after meal. also prefer taking it also with garri!.hahaha!!!! grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by Timsilver(m): 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
I drink a lot of water daily but i just can't drink water while eatin.It makes me feel lik throwin up so i drink water lik an hour later sum times i even 4get 2 drink water till d next meal.
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by chic2pimp(m): 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ poster. I only drink home made palm wine or akamu grin cheesy grin
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2009
palm wine? grin
Re: Do You Drink Water While Eating? by zmurda(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2009
I drink 2 shots of paraga before the meal to put me in the mood, during the meal, if its pounded yam i wash it down with palmwine, if its rice or any 'soft food', 2 bottles of shine shine bobo, after the meal another bottle, regardless of the kind of meal.
when i am really really broke, i take water, argh,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Favorite Road Side Meal : Boli, Boiled/Roasted Corn Or Roasted Yam? / How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? / What Are Yoruba And Igbo Names For Spinach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.