Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS (33041 Views)

9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. / Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by duwdu: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2014
Dear Nairalanders;

I believe the following news report contains even more pertinent information than its title would suggest. That's the reason I chose to so caption this thread. In particular, fellow Nairalanders may want to avail ourselves with the parts in Bold, which give information about the subject/caption of this thread, and then some.

Good luck!

INEC begins voter registration in Lagos, six others today

Posted by: Vincent Ikuomola, Abuja in News 9 hours ago

THE Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will begin the Continuous Voter Registration ((CVR) today in Lagos, Kano, Edo, Plateau, Ogun, Imo and Adamawa.

The CVR, which INEC said was for eligible persons who were not on the biometric register, would end on Monday.

The commission advised the electorate to check for their names before participating in the exercise to avoid double registration.

INEC, in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Mr. Kayode Idowu, enjoined “residents of the affected states who are yet to get their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) to first check the register and ascertain whether or not they are already on it.”

INEC explained that those whose names appeared on the register, but yet to collect their PVCs should not present themselves for the CVR.

“The way to check if they are on the register of voters is simply to send an SMS to dedicated lines with the following information: Name of state, surname, the last five or six digits of the VIN (i.e., Voter Identification Number) on their Temporary Voter Card (for example: Lagos, Salama, 06782”.

Idowu advised those concerned to ensure that they put coma in-between the required information before sending it to 08171646879.

The statement also reads: “Alternatively, someone doing the checking could preface the short message with INEC (e.g.: INEC, Lagos, Salama, 06782) and send to 20120.

“The interrogator will get an instant response giving his / her full profile on the register and the polling unit number, if the person is actually on the register; or an advice to the contrary if the person is not.

“If a person is on the register and has not been able to obtain his/her PVC, he/she should go to the relevant local government office of INEC, where distribution of the cards will continue daily till the end of January, 2015.

“For avoidance of doubt, only those who the SMS service shows are not on the register need to present themselves for CVR, in addition to persons who are registering for the first time .”

The statement added that the exercise would “be efficient and far-reaching”, if only the people who genuinely needed to register present themselves for the CVR.

Idowu noted that the SMS facility was also available for people who want to check the voter register from other states.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/inec-begins-voter-registration-in-lagos-six-others-today/

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by abbyyzino(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2014
ok
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by stonemind(f): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2014
k
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by kilokeys(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2014
i dey come
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by timilehing(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2014
If you send your details in right format & u get a response immediately, make Nairaland go offline

The fastest response you're gonna get is 96hrs, that if you'll get any at all. Liars

8 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by merieam16(f): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2014
Gud
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2014
The question is, should any election hold in 2015 in the face of all the chaos in the land

5 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2014
Ok then.... Noted
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by nkpommpko(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2014
Wait first
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by intergral(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2014
What about the sms code that gives the number of my fellow nigerians killed every day in the North so that I can sympathize with them!!!!!!!!! I WISH OUR PRESIDENT STANDS UP AND IMPROVE ON HIS UNREASONABLE decisions or step down and give another person cos leadership no be by FORCE...... I don't give a F**K who wins the election all I want is OUR SWEET OLD 9Ja.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2014
[deleted]

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2014
I will vote for president Goodluck Jonathan. Jonathan has succeeded in dividing and polarising Nigerians & i am honestly happy about that.

When elected again, president Goodluck Jonathan will help balkanise Nigeria totally. One Nigeria is a farce and a british colonial creation but president Goodluck Jonathan is the God sent messiah that will help us divide Nigeria.

GEJ FOR LIFE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Youngzedd(m): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2014
The stuff should be FREE.

10 Naira gone.

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Mike008(m): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2014
duwdu:
Dear Nairalanders;

I believe the following news report contains even more pertinent information than its title would suggest. That's the reason I chose to so caption this thread. In particular, fellow Nairalanders may want to avail ourselves with the parts in Bold, which give information about the subject/caption of this thread, and then some.

Good luck!

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/inec-begins-voter-registration-in-lagos-six-others-today/

P34c3
They spelt my name wrongly, can I re-register?
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2014
I lost my TVC and was denied PVC... with my name a picture showing on their list...

If they want to keep it, please they should go ahead keeping in mind that they MUST not use it to vote for GEJ

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by timilehing(m): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2014
Chai!! INEC can lie o
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Lilprincey(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Dats impressing...don't forget Goodluck Jonathan till 2019 click like if u share my vision

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Adyrin(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Our vote doesn't count

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by kamez(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2014
GEJ till ............. TB joshua converts to islam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by LMAyedun(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Okay! Good.
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by rasazee(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Na to dey go local gov be dat
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2014
Thanks Op
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by bennygreat1(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2014
Good One... But will be a stressful process anyway..
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by udemedia1: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2014
undecided
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Adyrin(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2014
. #:-s> Ye$$ Bo$$!
. /
. ☁/ \☁
GEJ till moses comes.......

Lilprincey:
Dats impressing...don't forget Goodluck Jonathan till 2019 click like if u share my vision

3 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by valdetino(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2014
i registered in Imo State but am working in Lagos state now. how can i get my PVC? or should i register a new one?
some one should answer me please.
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by fixa(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2014
ok
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by eleko1: 11:14am On Nov 12, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sugar: Police Arrests Lawmaker Over Olatoye's Death / Femi Kayode On The Treatment Given To Ex-NIMASA DG After Court / APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.