Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,850 members, 7,889,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:40 PM

How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS (33042 Views)

9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. / Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Tozer(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
valdetino:
i registered in Imo State but am working in Lagos state now. how can i get my PVC? or should i register a new one?
some one should answer me please.
No need to register a new one. It's an offence to do so. Kindly visit the nearest INEC office to you preferably the state headquarters and apply for Transfer of Voters card. Just 3 things are required viz:
1. Photocopy of the temporary voters' card
2.A formal application letter requesting the transfer of your card.
3. Duly filled Transfer of Voters' Card form - to be given to you at the INEC office there.
Then you submit and enter your name and phone number in their register. That's all!
Within few days you'll be notified via sms to come for capture in your new location. Thereafter, you'll be issued with a new voter's card and that makes you eligible to vote in your new location.
Let's get set to vote in the difference makers.
I see a new Nigeria!
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by stalyf(m): 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Youngzedd:
The stuff should be FREE.

10 Naira gone.

you are paying for good service
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Youngzedd(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
stalyf:

you are paying for good service

Which good service? when they want me to waste another money.

Find the attached file.

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by stalyf(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
valdetino:
i registered in Imo State but am working in Lagos state now. how can i get my PVC? or should i register a new one?

This should help
Guidelines for Transfer of Registered Voters
www.inecnigeria.org/?page_id=2051
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by omowolewa: 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
ok
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
intergral:
What about the sms code that gives the number of my fellow nigerians killed every day in the North so that I can sympathize with them!!!!!!!!! I WISH OUR PRESIDENT STANDS UP AND IMPROVE ON HIS UNREASONABLE decisions or step down and give another person cos leadership no be by FORCE...... I don't give a F**K who wins the election all I want is OUR SWEET OLD 9Ja.
if u dont like him vote him out instead of coming here to spew trash
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by ekolina(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
WHY condemn what u ve not tried. FYI, I got my reply in less than a minute
timilehing:
If you send your details in right format & u get a response immediately, make Nairaland go offline

The fastest response you're gonna get is 96hrs, that if you'll get any at all. Liars
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Ekowise(m): 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
I can't find my Temporal Voters Card(TVC).
What do I do?
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
timilehing:
If you send your details in right format & u get a response immediately, make Nairaland go offline

The fastest response you're gonna get is 96hrs, that if you'll get any at all. Liars
I got an immediate response...waiting for NL to go offline.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by timilehing(m): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
samplegirl:

But why Nigerians like to badmouth anything that concerns the government? I saw this thread and after reading it I sent them an sms by 12:17 pm. The reply came 12:18pm which means the reply was 60 secnds approximately.

I entered my surname and they replied me adding my first name, gender, occupation and the point where I registered. Why do we like to pull ourselves down? Na waa for you @timilehing and people who think like you.
No screenshot to backup your claim undecided
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by spiralwedge(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
I have sent mine to the long number. No reply yet.
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by bukobs(f): 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
I lost my TVC and was denied PVC... with my name a picture showing on their list...

If they want to keep it, please they should go ahead keeping in mind that they MUST not use it to vote for GEJ

You shouldn't be denied your PVC! I lost my TVC as well but was able to collect the PVC. I only collected a verification form, filled it and attached two passport photographs.
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by FRCS(m): 9:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
Just sent d SMS & dis d instant reply I got after N10 was deducted:

" Voters in kaduna are not available now. All states will be added soon.
For help call 070-9811-5257. Thank you. "
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
timilehing:

people like you are soo pessimistic, you go through bouts of depression, infecting those around you(those who clicked "like"wink with ur bug. FYI I sent the message to the 0817 number and within a minute (yes a minute, no exaggerations) I got a response from INEC-EVSP confirming my details and where I can pick up my perm card....no surprises, it's folks like you who spent the last four years bit.ching abt the govt yet wouldn't vote for a change, then come out with the trolls and bit.ch for the next four yrs. Get a life.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by oluromeo(m): 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
NOTHING IS FREE IN FREETOWN, I USED OTHER SIM THAT HAS NO CREDIT AND GOT SENDING FAILED MESSAGE, I TRIED IT A COUPLE OF TIME TO BE DOUBLE SURE ITS NOT NETWORK WAHALA BUT GOT SAME MESSAGE...

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

N:B = PREVIOUS COMMENTS SHOWED N10 (TEN NAIRA) IS CHARGED FOR THE SMS.

duwdu:
Dear Nairalanders;

I believe the following news report contains even more pertinent information than its title would suggest. That's the reason I chose to so caption this thread. In particular, fellow Nairalanders may want to avail ourselves with the parts in Bold, which give information about the subject/caption of this thread, and then some.

Good luck!

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/inec-begins-voter-registration-in-lagos-six-others-today/

P34c3
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by rockiedink(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
timilehing:

That's not true sir! I got a response immediately!!!!
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by samplegirl(f): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
timilehing:
No screenshot to backup your claim undecided

As if I owe you anything!

Sreenshot my foot!
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by ewosk: 12:12am On Nov 13, 2014
suffrage gone...did not do temporary voters card...any show yet?
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Lilprincey(m): 1:04am On Nov 13, 2014
Jamean:
Like seriously...I really wonder why you & my dad really believe GEJ is a great guy and should be re-elected.

anybody dat feels dat GEJ should not be elected is capable of suicide-obasanjo
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by happydays1(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2014
u see! the INEC stuff is working well. thats to tell u we'll have a free n fair election. GEJ is really trying, wit this there will be no rigging. i sent d text and got a quick response. i called d no 08171646879 this reply was sent: " We are not available to receive calls on this line. For help, please call 070-9811-5257 or 070-9811-7563 or 070-9811-0916. can this happen in this country for this and more are d reasons i'll still prefare the devil i know. may be so many of us were not born during abatcha regime, or have forgoten our sufering then. let me mention them; fuel scarcity, army brutality to civilians, masive looting n corruption, no electricity, no press fredom,unemployement, political detention (even pop begged no way). assasinations, armed robbery, failed banks( many lost their money) refuse dump decorated major streets of lagos. haba lagosian have u all forgotten so soon. i know we are still experiencing some old long problems, like; corruption and poor electricity, but things are far better. corruption will b difficult to cleance cos u that is reading this has been involved in 1 way or d other, from "weac special center" to "bribing lasma". lol! u know what i'm talking about. even buhari under a democratic govt can do anything about it immediately. did obj curb corruption?? i don tire to talk abeg nija problem2 much. if you blame gej for some fanatics that blow up students, then blame obama for a lunatic that go to school and shoot student.
But all said there are area where i feel as c in c gej should have done better.
1 corruption!.......it make many others poor!
2 social welfare.... this will allow money n food to tricle down to the needy.
add yours!
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by ayindejimmy(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2014
valdetino:
you'll have to travel to Imo to collect your PVC
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by usmanspihn(m): 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
A mistake was made on mine last time and I believe it is invalid though I voted with it. And I want to collect a new one. What do you think I should do.
NB. I misplaced the previous one
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by SenatorJames(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
Youngzedd:
The stuff should be FREE.

10 Naira gone.
You can't even thank God its not more than 10 naira, so you expect something free from this present administration, who duped millions of unemployed youths 1000 naira each for fake employment, 4000 naira from youths to print their NYSC call up letters, all in the name of software.

I didn't bother to send the text, because I'm expecting nothing less than 200 naira service charge.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Plshavmercyamen: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2014
valdetino:
Nwanne, since you aint in Imo at the moment, I will advice u send the confirmation SMS from the op to be pretty sure that ur data is stil in their(INEC) data base before contemplating travelling down to Imo State or even re registering. I registered in Imo the last time and got my TVC(still have it though) but just sent the SMS and got this reply from INEC-EVSP "unable to find any voter with this name and VIN. Check your spellings or otherwise register during the CVR Exercise. For help call 070-9811-5257." Udo diri gi
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by valdetino(m): 9:52am On Nov 14, 2014
Plshavmercyamen:
Nwanne, since you aint in Imo at the moment, I will advice u send the confirmation SMS from the op to be pretty sure that ur data is stil in their(INEC) data base before contemplating travelling down to Imo State or even re registering. I registered in Imo the last time and got my TVC(still have it though) but just sent the SMS and got this reply from INEC-EVSP "unable to find any voter with this name and VIN. Check your spellings or otherwise register during the CVR Exercise. For help call 070-9811-5257." Udo diri gi

thanks very much nwanne madu
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by iamord(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2014
Pls I misplace the paper copy given a year back or so. But my number is @ the reg center. How can I get the main card
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by blank(f): 12:00am On Nov 15, 2014
valdetino:

Double registration is an electoral offence. Go to INEC's website and read the procedures on how to transfer your registration.
Re: How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS by Adyrin(m): 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
No you can't!
Sorry
valdetino:

But even though i go to Imo state to collect it i cannot vote there because i do not base there again and the place i registered is a very far village from mine.
i registered myself when i did INEC work back then in 2011.
so my question is if i manage to collect it can i vote in another state or a different boot apart from the place i registered?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Kayode On The Treatment Given To Ex-NIMASA DG After Court / APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) / 2023: Which Of These APC Presidential Aspirants Can Defeat PDP’s Atiku Abubakar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.