Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (371824 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by emmysexxy(f): 7:44am On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta:

Still waiting for the mail or to tell us what you know here. You don't just pronounce the days somebody has left to live. Something must have prompted you. Pls share with us so we can learn.
just replied you mam thanks
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 8:11am On Jan 18, 2015
Emmysexxy

It is in bad taste that you expected a thread to be updated about a recent diagnosis without ensuring the family had been updated about the diagnosis
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2015
emmysexxy:
just replied you mam thanks

I didn't get any.

But I'll send another now.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:59am On Jan 18, 2015
Wagbayi jare Ishiatu kiss
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Aisha2

I will send you an email
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ishilove: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2015
emmysexxy:
cryGoodmorning all in as much as most of you have been insulting me for saying the little truth I know I promise not to say anything more.but believe me I have not lied in anyway.what I told you guys was what I saw.am a medical student and I school in jos.that's why you saw jos as my location.that location has always been there.I update whn am in a different state.well that said I never said dj had two weeks to live.I said we had to act fast before two weeks cause of what I saw.all I want is for us to join hands and do something fast for dj.I pray for him everyday and my parents do same.so please stop judging me when you don't even know me.to what ends will I gain from lieing.that said I will keep watching and praying from the side like I have always done.@babyosisi,caracter,charcover,gboliwe,ophieus ,busybody,olu4life and even idowu well done.and TEHN more grease to your elbow.[color=#770077][/color]
Where did you see him? You are in Jos and DJ is in Lagos. And what is this thing about something happening on Monday? Are you privy to medical records? How come DJ says he doesn't know you?

I think you've caused enough confusion.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by semitunde: 10:39am On Jan 18, 2015
Let me share a short story about communication.

A lady I know was queried and about to be sacked in her office. She went to the boss's house to remonstrate and this conversation ensued:

Boss: All the works I gave you, none had been done, what are we paying you for?

Lady: but sir, I do the works I've been given.

Boss: Ok , have you done so and so? ( yes!); did you inform me that you've done it ( no sir...); so I will assume that you've not done it!

The last of the coverstion went on for like three works the Lady was given, but that she didn't let the boss know had been done. She was thinking that as the person in charge, communicating such minor works where she was expected to use her initiative, was not necessary- it was supposed to just be for the boss's information if she told him. It nearly cost her her job.

Pickabeau1 mentioned that it was unethical to let us know the result of the tests done without informing the patient. While thus is true, it isn't unethical to update on what's going on even if its to tell us you have done some tests but for some medical reasons you can't post it online for now, that you want to see the patient first. Sue for patience and more time from concerned nairalanders and periodically still update that about actions being taken behind the scenes- no matter how silly.

From experience, I've realised that stakeholders prefer a manager that constantly let's them know what's going on, to a very competent manager who just seems to get everything right, but without their input. So the sky is the limit when you're competent and you still fill them in and even ask for their input from time to time irrespective of your processes.

I'm not blaming TEHN cos I can understand their inputs. I'm just speaking from a project management purview. If you take decisions, however trivial in a large stakeholder project like this, without communicating why you took those decisions, people can assume nothing is being done.

Shalom.

10 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 18, 2015
pickabeau1:
Aisha2

I will send you an email

Thanks for your mail. It will be well with Djola
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Ishilove:

Where did you see him? You are in Jos and DJ is in Lagos. And what is this thing about something happening on Monday? Are you privy to medical records? How come DJ says he doesn't know you?

I think you've caused enough confusion.

Schools are on break, Ujay is actually shut down due to a protest on fees, she schools in Jos doesn't mean she lives in Jos. Lets not shut people off abeg, rejecting the truthful and factual situation won't make it go away

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2015
emmysexxy:
cryGoodmorning all in as much as most of you have been insulting me for saying the little truth I know I promise not to say anything more.but believe me I have not lied in anyway.what I told you guys was what I saw.am a medical student and I school in jos.that's why you saw jos as my location.that location has always been there.I update whn am in a different state.well that said I never said dj had two weeks to live.I said we had to act fast before two weeks cause of what I saw.all I want is for us to join hands and do something fast for dj.I pray for him everyday and my parents do same.so please stop judging me when you don't even know me.to what ends will I gain from lieing.that said I will keep watching and praying from the side like I have always done.@babyosisi,caracter,charcover,gboliwe,ophieus ,busybody,olu4life and even idowu well done.and TEHN more grease to your elbow.[color=#770077][/color]

Hey dear, you ain't the first that has been attacked and wouldn't be the last, so don't let anything stop you from keeping it real, because when you log off from your computer, to run away from the "aruwo oja", only you would still be left alone with your gnawing, raging conscience that would haunt you forever...I was in this same situation a few years back on this same Nairaland, she passed on, and if we can turn back the hands of time, I will stand my ground and speak my mind... sad

God knows you mean well for DJ and that's all that matters, so ignore all the insults on you and your family...human beings will always be human...

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 10:46am On Jan 18, 2015
aisha2:

Thanks for your mail. It will be well with Djola

Amen

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 10:50am On Jan 18, 2015
Comments on this thread by some "sensible" people just seems to make one want to walk away from this whole thing.

*unfollows*

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aboki2000(m): 10:59am On Jan 18, 2015
OEPHIUS:

This is from Babyosisi herself when she was still here scream liver and kidney problem. This is the price they quoted for you. Which prompted them to stick to Nigeria and hope the tests bring something else.
The same Babyosisi was the one shouting Livet and Kidney from wherever she was when that was not the problem wait for test no. Now she is screaming cancer
this dude is indeed CRAZY , Whatever Osisi was saying / said was base on the hospital results she saw/ got , get ur brain right dude

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2015
At the end of the day this is still about "one" person, so anyone that notices any anomaly or concern should be free to express themselves without fear of attacks...and if their post comes across as crude, learn to correct in love and if possible help them rephrase the post in what you feel is a presentable manner...after all God did not create anyone perfect hence reason Matt 5:48 states we should "strive" to be perfect as He is perfect...

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 11:15am On Jan 18, 2015
@mynd44, don't be discouraged. It happens. It's expected. I felt that way too at a point. It takes one that faces the REAL situation to understand.

Gboliwe even mentioned that everyone has failed except her. Still waiting for her success story. Perhaps she can come over here to be at his bed side everyday and attend to his needs and demands. Since we have failed, why not just let the successful ones take over?

The only reason I'm still here is because TEHN is involved and I was one of those that called for them. I'm more comfortable with my offline role. And like I told DJ himself, I'll always stand by him. I remember when we wanted to move him from Eruwa, a team was set up and everyone was posting and mentioning a particular hospital. Even the team members were all clamouring for this hospital suggested by a Nairalander who claimed he had gone there and made arrangements. We set up an ambulance and just before the trip, I had this urge to call the hospital and be double sure. I called and they told me no space.

And I asked myself, what if I didn't call?We would have moved a patient in ambulance to a hospital and get turned back. So we had to start looking for hospital all over Lagos again. Funny. See, it's easy for people to type away and pass blames.

I am not even discouraged...just wish some people could be on ground and see things for themselves.

All in all...moving on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2015
@emmysexxy, I don't know if you saw DJ last year especially with the bloated stomach. I don't know if you physically saw the initial shape he was in. Nobody would see him and not feel for him. Maybe you saw him for the first time and thus the surprise. I don't know what you saw or what prompted whatever you said.

I've sent 4 mails with no reply from you.

I don't know the info you are holding back.

If you are right, you don't need to be intimidated by anyone here. But every word on sensitive issues should be laced with wisdom. And no, it wasn't what you said that prompted the update...contrary to what many believe in.

You probably don't know the damage you have done already. Whatever rocks your boat. We can go on and on about what you said and how you could have said it...but it doesn't matter now.

You are a medical student yet you made such statement. Tomorrow is monday. You promised to visit and give us updates. Please don't forget to visit your neighbour, talk to his doctors, and if it's not against the ethics of your profession, give us updates. You seem to be the messiah many would prefer to hear from. So please do the needful. Thanks sweetheart.

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2015
Finally, a house divided against itself cannot stand. We have two factions already (if I'm right).

Both factions should learn constructive criticism. If your suggestion was ignored, find out the reason behind that and don't just sit back and attack. You are only drawing us back.

If one plan isn't working, find out why and suggest other alternatives or better methods.

Your e-fights, attacks and subtle insults won't help this cause.

We have all made mistakes. We could have done some things better. We could have made some decisions. We could have been too hard or too soft. We could have made more calls or less calls. We could have used this hospital or that hospital. Quite normal. Because we are humans.

Next time you want to fight, just imagine that guy on the bed...helpless, staring at you and wondering why you had to fight rather than help him fight the cancer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta:
@mynd44, don't be discouraged. It happens. It's expected. I felt that way too at a point. It takes one that faces the REAL situation to understand.

Gboliwe even mentioned that everyone has failed except her. Still waiting for her success story. Perhaps she can come over here to be at his bed side everyday and attend to his needs and demands. Since we have failed, why not just let the successful ones take over?

The only reason I'm still here is because TEHN is involved and I was one of those that called for them. I'm more comfortable with my offline role. And like I told DJ himself, I'll always stand by him. I remember when we wanted to move him from Eruwa, a team was set up and everyone was posting and mentioning a particular hospital. Even the team members were all clamouring for this hospital suggested by a Nairalander who claimed he had gone there and made arrangements. We set up an ambulance and just before the trip, I had this urge to call the hospital and be double sure. I called and they told me no space.

And I asked myself, what if I didn't call?We would have moved a patient in ambulance to a hospital and get turned back. So we had to start looking for hospital all over Lagos again. Funny. See, it's easy for people to type away and pass blames.

I am not even discouraged...just wish some people could be on ground and see things for themselves.

All in all...moving on.

Caracta:
@emmysexxy, I don't know if you saw DJ last year especially with the bloated stomach. I don't know if you physically saw the initial shape he was in. Nobody would see him and not feel for him. Maybe you saw him for the first time and thus the surprise. I don't know what you saw or what prompted whatever you said.

I've sent 4 mails with no reply from you.

I don't know the info you are holding back.

If you are right, you don't need to be intimidated by anyone here. But every word on sensitive issues should be laced with wisdom. And no, it wasn't what you said that prompted the update...contrary to what many believe in.

You probably don't know the damage you have done already. Whatever rocks your boat. We can go on and on about what you said and how you could have said it...but it doesn't matter now.

You are a medical student yet you made such statement. Tomorrow is monday. You promised to visit and give us updates. Please don't forget to visit your neighbour, talk to his doctors, and if it's not against the ethics of your profession, give us updates. You seem to be the messiah many would prefer to hear from. So please do the needful. Thanks sweetheart.

After posting "MOVING ON", you came back to post "this"

Over to you God sad sad sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 11:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Busybody2:

After posting "MOVING ON", you came back to post "this"

Over to you God sad sad sad

Yes I had to. Quite necessary. It won't stop me from moving on.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Again...moving on... tongue

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2015
Mynd44:
Comments on this thread by some "sensible" people just seems to make one want to walk away from this whole thing.

*unfollows*
NOOOOOOOOO!! You are here to finish the assignment God placed in your hands.Let no man discourage you, the ones typing 'I said it' have done nothing on ground to help this young man, you are a blessing to Dj. Please do not give up on HIM. Let them talk! Pay THEM no mind.

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta:

Yes I had to. Quite necessary. It won't stop me from moving on.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Again...moving on... tongue

We are talking "life", people are talking "feelings" and "hormones"...it is well...this world is a temporary phase and rite of passage for ALL anyway...it is indeed well with our mortal souls as the Lord has taught us to say...

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2015
emmysexxy:
Medical student, e don do!! This one you keep screaming two weeks, you might as well start up a campaign strategy that'll help us meet up with your two weeks deadline na...after all,we need all hands on deck no b so? undecided

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2015
Busybody2:

We are talking "life", people are talking "feelings" and "hormones"...it is well...this world is a temporary phase and rite of passage for ALL anyway...it is indeed well with our mortal souls as the Lord has taught us to say...

Amen sister
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aboki2000(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
Idowuogbo:

NOOOOOOOOO!! You are here to finish the assignment God placed in your hands.Let no man discourage you, the ones typing 'I said it' have done nothing on ground to help this young man, you are a blessing to Dj. Please do not give up on HIM. Let them talk! Pay THEM no mind.
seconded
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta:
Finally, a house divided against itself cannot stand. We have two factions already (if I'm right).
There is only one faction here.

Caracta:
Both factions should learn constructive criticism. If your suggestion was ignored, find out the reason behind that and don't just sit back and attack. You are only drawing us back.

If one plan isn't working, find out why and suggest other alternatives or better methods.
There's something called "carrying people along".
No one says don't talk behind the scene. You guys were gone for too long.

Caracta:
Your e-fights, attacks and subtle insults won't help this cause.
In a way, the e-fights has made everyone have a rethink about life. Sometimes we get emotional but we should not shy away from facts.
The funniest thing is you guys keeping mute when attacks pop up. There's nothing wrong if jaybee3 or CC or you call people to order to maintain tranquillity.

Caracta:
We have all made mistakes. We could have done some things better. We could have made some decisions. We could have been too hard or too soft. We could have made more calls or less calls. We could have used this hospital or that hospital. Quite normal. Because we are humans.
Yea we have made lot of mistakes. We are humans, what could make you react might not make me react. Humans differ, please let activities not just be offline. We love it when you guys make progress. It's always a thing of joy when a hurdle is scaled.

Caracta:
Next time you want to fight, just imagine that guy on the bed...helpless, staring at you and wondering why you had to fight rather than help him fight the cancer.
This appeals to emotion.
Would I say it was a coincidence emmysexxy came with an update before TeHN's.
She wouldn't have come up with such if she wasn't an insider or someone closeby.

Mynd44, you do this for no one but DJ. We all have a service for mankind. None of us will reward you, but there's a reward somewhere waiting for you. Keep keeping on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta, it will do you great good if you don't mention my handle again or take a swipe, howbeit, innocently at me. You have been poking me for a while now and I thought ignoring you will make you respect yourself but obviously, you want trouble.

Please, I beg you, do NOT mention Gboliwe again in good or in bad as regards this thread.

Thank you and happy sunday.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
@colossus2, thanks a lot. I'll make corrections where necessary. I also quite agree. There was no update for a long time. Quite annoying.

TEHN please, even if there is no definite result or while you are waiting for a hospital or doctor, please update the thread. Let us know where you are at every point in time. At least every week or every 5 days, let there be an update if possible. Just something from you about DJ. Please let us always know what we are waiting for.

Thanks guys.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta:

I was actually going to correct the bolded part of her post but for someone to come out with that statement and exclude herself, something is defo not right somewhere.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Gboliwe:
Caracta, it will do you great good if you don't mention my handle again or take a swipe, howbeit, innocently at me. You have been poking me for a while now and I thought ignoring you will make you respect yourself but obviously, you want trouble.

Please, I beg you, do NOT mention Gboliwe again in good or in bad as regards this thread.

No ma'am, I'll always mention you whenever there is a need to. The choice to respond or make trouble is yours.

Thank you and happy Sunday cheesy

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Gboliwe:

But you exonerated yourself and sentenced others to the failure class, it is what you wrote she repeated... undecided

7 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Idowuogbo:

I was actually going to correct the bolded part of her post but for someone to come out with that statement and exclude herself, something is defo not right somewhere.

I started that post by saying the thread was a true picture of us nigerians.

Next I blamed every one but ME in bold. On this thread since the update, every single one of us have blamed A and B but ME (his/her self). Every one has been pointing fingers but accepting that there was just something he or she could have done better.

I went on to say that until we all (including myself if I actually exonerated myself) realise this we would continue the fight.

Then I called for solutions.

Tell me how Gboliwe was exonerated

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.