Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,400 members, 7,908,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:56 PM

Uk Student Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa (20935 Views)

UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa by littlekiss(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2007
Omojeje,I was refused Aug o6,but i was given a right to appeal,so i sent all my appeal document to my sister in the UK to help me submit it at the appeal office over there in other to make things fast,i received a letter from the appeal office that a letter has been sent to the embassy here to send the documents that i submitted in Lagos to them in england.i got another letter from the appeal office saying if my document didn't reach them before Dec 18 that my appeal will be cancel because they have already sent my hearing date which is Feb 15 07.Till Jan 26 my document was yet to be received,so they send another letter saying the appeal case will hold on the 15th without any evidence from the embassy.so i held on to my God,on my hearing day, My sister didn't even bother herself to go to the court because she believe nothing positive could come up since the embassy didn't send my document to the appeal office.i just checked my e mail in the afternoon and i saw a mail from the UK embassy here in Nigeria saying i should come to the office,thats all. anything else you want to know?
Re: Uk Student Visa by omojeje: 1:48am On Mar 29, 2007
@littekiss
Thanks
I have just been refused a student visa with a right of appeal.
how do i go about it now.

expect ur response asap
Re: Uk Student Visa by JAYTABS(m): 1:52am On Mar 29, 2007
well i guess u should appeal then
Re: Uk Student Visa by JAYTABS(m): 1:55am On Mar 29, 2007
there r agencies that handle the situation
Re: Uk Student Visa by omojeje: 2:01am On Mar 29, 2007
its seems reappealing is quite better than reapplying.
three of my friends applied in july,august and september consecutively last year and they kept on refusing them with a right of appeal.
what is d appeal process like.
first step please?
Re: Uk Student Visa by littlekiss(m): 4:49am On Mar 29, 2007
First thing is fill and submit the appeal form with the document they requested for, all have to be in photocopies,so after that you will be sent a letter stating your hearing date and on your hearing day, you Willl  talk to your God and he wil  definitely answer you, on Ur hearing date make sure you check your e mail because i don't know if you have anyone that can represent you in the court overthere but if not you have to check your e mail to know if you win the case or not but i pray you win it.like in my own case the embassy did not even wait for the court before they decided to send an e mail to me for my visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa by dada77: 11:46am On Mar 29, 2007
my wife is in Nigeria,and I dont know how to bring her here.
I am a student doing my Msc in canterbury,kent.
What are the steps i need to take to apply for her over there in nigeria so she can come over
am in the dark pls.

thanks

dada77
Re: Uk Student Visa by kaykay4eve: 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2007
@ londoncool / akolawole
Funny meeting u here again always a joy reading ur threads on dipo's page. anyway I want to apply for a student visa for Msc study at newcastle. currently working ibn telecoms but my ms prog of choice isn't telecoms related its pipeline eng'g. I already have an Msc in environmental eng'g and Bsc in Civil eng'g both 4rm nig universities . I have a sponsor who's my aunt with sufficient funds have paid 5500 pounds already . my questions are thus:
1 Want to know my chances
2 Can I apply for my visa now ( the course statrts in Sept) ?
3 My fianace wants to get married and after seeing some posts on guys being refused cos of their status, is it advsable to tie hope it will not be assusmed its cos i looking 4 proof of return
4 what kind of proof do i need to attach to show sponsor is reall my aunt?
5 going thru some threads i saw stuff on peps being denied on basis of ?nable source of funds what docs need so be attached herin also
6 Should I attached my payslip/statement and company emplyment letter even though am not fully sponsoring myself

maje una no vex say my questions plenty abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa by murphy13: 10:27am On Aug 08, 2007
I am just applying for US student visa . My uncle is my sponsor bearing ,my mother's family name . Please what document would IO need to convince embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa by mizztee(f): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2007
Re: Uk Student Visa by blasterman(m): 6:13am On Aug 15, 2007
Mizztee, u will need to first write out ur refusal note so that ppl can help u analyse the reason they gave u a refusal.
Let me tell u this, if u appeal u probably would get the visa but it might b next yr but if u really need go for studies now u have to address the reason why they refused u.
applying also can work but u must satisify the reasons u were issused a refusal.
Re: Uk Student Visa by udezij(m): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2007
i have submitted my Uk Student Application but up till now they have not replied.Though they called my mother who is my sponsor Last Week Tuesday just to confirm if she is really my sponsor.So why have they no replied,am worried.How can i track my application
Re: Uk Student Visa by Phil7: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2007
hi i am  new on the block I  have Three refusals on my passport already last year and I just submitted a new application yesterday, I am really scared, Please can someone tell me what my chances are.
Re: Uk Student Visa by walenchy11: 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2007
Book your US visa appointment for just N15,000 within 1 week. Leave your information now pay when we secure appointment for you. Above price is negotiable if you are booking more than 3 appointment. Mail me if you are interested at olofintuade@gmail.com.

For Nigerians only
Re: Uk Student Visa by plummy100: 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hello All,
I applied for a student Visa in Lagos in 2007 but I want refused.
The reason for my refusal was a result of the bank stating that my sponsor bank statement was forged.
The bank at that time was Bank PHB now Keystone bank.In 2007 when I was refused, the bank at first claimed that the embassy was to blame and they never gave a report that my statement was a forgery.
But I sought the services of an immigration lawyer who got the fax copy of Bank PHB response to the British embassy stating that the statement was forged.
I then went back to the bank with my parent and the bank wrote a letter stating that they did not see the fax clearly so they stated it was forged!
All these seem ridiculous but I have all the letter and correspondence with me, I never threw.away the documents.
I want to apply for a Visiting Visa in April and I don't know if I have to revisit the 2007 case before I can be allowed to proceed.
I want to go to key stone bank and have theme go to the Embassy themselves if need be.
Or slander then I'm every news paper I CAN find!
Please advise!
Re: Uk Student Visa by Betty605: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2007
can anyone tell me if u can get a uk visa using an agent and how long it takes to get it using an agent?
Re: Uk Student Visa by cherilove(f): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2007
@Betty605
you cannot go through an agent,that is if its a uk visa because theres a new biometric system where your finger scans and a digital photo of you are taken,now the agent cannot do that for you,they can only assist you by giving you counselling on how to filll the application form correctly,proper documentation etc,but you have to submit it yourself and allow a minimum of 15 working days for a response but it could take longer than that at times.I hope this answers your question,
Re: Uk Student Visa by Betty605: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2007
yes it doz, thanx!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa by Rare(m): 1:13am On Sep 25, 2007
15 working days?? That's practically three weeks.

What happens to people who apply two weeks before their course start date??
Re: Uk Student Visa by ximmy: 10:57am On Sep 25, 2007
i have been to the ukvac-ng site but i cant find a link where i can track my application
Re: Uk Student Visa by sessyadeg(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2007
ximmy:

i have been to the ukvac-ng site but i can't find a link where i can track my application

you can only track down ur application at the embassy. they only have the software for tracking. when did you submit? and how long has your application taken
Re: Uk Student Visa by fordbabake(m): 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2007
Hello guys; I'm new here and boy! how I wish I've been introduced earlier, but anyhow: I submitted my student visa application for close to 6 weeks now without hearing from the UK visa section. I'm already overdue to start classes. Short of storming the Walter carrington office with gbetugbetu what can I do? I'll appreciate any suggestion(s)
Re: Uk Student Visa by sessyadeg(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2007
I was given my UK STUDENT VISA so pls learn from my experience. firstly i got a 75% special scholarship plus a £1000 chemistry scholarship from my University which covered £10450 of my tution, my tuition fee is £12600 plus an access to £700 per month.if you want to know-(university of nottingham ) among the top ten in the UK. well this is not really the impectus or guarantee that my UK student visa will be given. I processed my visa through an agent and on the long run they abandoned me after collecting 30,000naira on the fulcrum that the bank statement i was tendering wasn't fat enough and that my chances where slim saying people with full tuition scholarship even get denied. but thanks be to God i used my dad and uncle as a sponsor.( now read this carefully- from my dads end he is a PROF at the University of ibadan and he is a well travelled Prof internationally and currently he is a member of WORLD HEARLTH ORGANIZATION. so i submitted all his original documents showing his international visits to about 12 countries, i also submitted all his original international fellowship award , photocopy of his visa pages confirming his visits, i submitted all the original copies of his international invitation letters till date june 2007 in which he just came back from geneva for a WHO conference. I submitted his intl voucher payment from WHO and other foreign universities that was issued to him, i submitted the original copy of his certificate indicating he took an advance course in one of the UK universities, i submitted his C of O, his pay slip for the last 6 month indicating tax deduction, Emplyment letter as a lecturer and promotion letter confirming him as a PROF, a letter from his bank indicating he holds an account with them and he can fund the trip and his bank statement for the last six month, and finally he wrote a comprehensive sponsorship letter, introducing me as his son ,the reason for the sponsorship, and he indicated on the sponsorship letter all his intl visists and that he will pay my remaining tuition and support my living expenses, at this time he had paid £1000 for my tuition, he stated that in his letter and stated that he will pay the remaining £1150. he also stated that his brother which is my uncle who lives in London together with his wife will support my living expenses. my dad had only 750,000naira current acount plus a £3000 domiciliary which is just about 1.5m. From my uncles end, he is a british citizen together with his wife. he wrote a sponsorship letter but in a simple way(my dad had done the job) signed by him and his wife, he submitted his bank statement for the last 8 month( it was a joint account with his wife), he submitted a photocopy of his british passport with the residence permit for his wife, pay slips( he could'd find all his pay slip for the last six month together with his wife, so he wrote a letter to the british embassy to this effect signed by him and his wife), he submitted his P60 certificate together with his wife for the last financial year 2006-2007 indicating his annual income and tax deduction, he submitted his employment letter for him and his wife. Only his bank statement was original the rest of his documents he scanned to me. he only had a final deposit of £3000 although previous weeks and month indicated he has been having that latter deposit infact in a particular month in his statement he had £5000. This ECO'S are not interested in your millions they are interested in the authenticity of your documents, the genuinty of your sponsors documents who they are, what they do, and how money flows monthly, there relationship to you. infact i am suppose to be doing my NYSC but i had to opt out when my visa was issued now i am studying in one of the best universities in the world. I did not tell them in my student questionare that i was serving i just had to find something else to say that did not require that i submit a proof so be wise while filling the student questionare form. all my docs where genuine. i wrote a personal statement indicating my academic interest, i submitted my course structure indicating the modules that i will take, i told them in my student questionare form that i will come back to my country and i stated what i will do when i come back. so please fill your student questionare form very well and always as much as possible use someone related to you as a sponsor and don't just go and pump in millions in your account , this will raise an eyebrow the are only interested in how money flows monthly. and above all i prayed TO MY GOD, my dad prayed , my fiance prayed . and i was issued my visa(multiple for 2years).

Re: Uk Student Visa by Adorajay: 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2007
Hi everyone,
I finally got my visa today, Thank the Merciful God!
It took me 22 working days, i guess thats not that much considering how long sassageny had his own.
but the end justified the wait, thank God!! It was actually a re-application, so yes it does work, u just have to focus on the reasons why they refused u the visa in the first application, that was wat i did, and it worked. My first application was in early August then i put this one in at the end of august.
If there's anything u would like to know as well, get back to me, after all, it was guys like u that gave me hope(and some of u gave me fear as well tongue).
For those of u still waiting for a call, it is well, I wasnt even called for an interview, so my wait was really hard as well!but it paid off in the end.
Good luck and thanks for all those out there praying for people like us.

UK, here i come, grin grin wink
Re: Uk Student Visa by kenylove: 3:20am On Oct 29, 2007
please someone what amount of money do you need in your account before you are granted a student visa?what % of the fees do you need to pay?i was denied a visiting visa last year and now i want to apply for a studnt visa.i have enough funds on my own for it.how do i go about it.and mind you i already have an offer
Re: Uk Student Visa by sko(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2007
HELLO.
WHATS THE SUBJECT ABOUT.THA UK VISAS FOR STUDENTS TAKE 20 WORKING DAYS TO BE PROCESSED AT THE HIGH COMMISSION AND SENT BACK TO THE VISE CENTER-SO APPROX. ONE MONTH.YOU SHOULD HAVE NO REAL PROBLEMS ABOUT GETTING A VISA IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE RIGHT DOCUMENTS-NOT ONLY THAT,MADE THE RIGHT DOCUMENTATIONS.
IN TH E FUTURE,WHOEVER WANT TO APPLY FOR A VISA FOR WHATEVER CATEGORY:STUDENT,VISIT,SETTLEMENT,
BELIEVE ME THE INFORMANTIONS AND ADVICE YOU WOULD GET WILL AID YOU GET A VISA AT THE FIRST INSTANCE.
I DONT HAVE TO SAY MUCH ABOUT ME,COS I WORK AT THE UK VISA CENTER AND I NEED NOT SELL OUT VISA APPLICATION INFORMATIONS.

JUST TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR Y`ALL.
CAN ASK FOR THE APPROPRIOATE INFORMAIONS FROM ME: 08038488632
Re: Uk Student Visa by temikay1: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2007
i applied at ibadan last year and my application was taken to lagos and was refused, i appealed and the appeal was unsuccessful, i want to re apply now, but i just discovered that all ibadan applications are now taken to abuja for initial consideration, should i still apply in ibadan and get it sent to abuja or take it to lagos where it was initially decided.

i need your help please guys
Re: Uk Student Visa by MRJULIUS: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2007
Hello,after you have submitted ur application,u'll be ask to come back in 14 working days.hope ur application was well packaged?for more info,call 07030138190 or visit www.insightconcultng.com
Re: Uk Student Visa by madeojo: 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2007
Can anyone remember dis post.

This is what the entry officer wrote

The cost of your ttution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor, namely your father, and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the Uk will be financed including your sponsor's bank statement and a letter from your sponsor offering financial assistance. However, these documents largely stand in isolation as evidence of your sponsors' financial circumstances and commitments. in the adbsence of any other evidence of your sponsor's business, income or the origin of these funds, i m not statisfied that the evidence presented is a true reflection of your sponsor's financial circumstances or that these funds would be available.

The cost of your tution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor. funding your education will impose an additional financial burden upon him and i m not satisfied that this increased financial outlay is commensurate with his current economic circumstances and that such funds will actualy be available to you in the Uk. therefore i m not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accomodate yourself without resource to employment or public funds.

The educational establishment in the Uk has stated that the cost of your tution fees for one year is £1500. british council guidelines suggest students require between £5,500 and £7,00 covering nine month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and this assessment is based upon 2004 prices. This brings the total cost of your studies in the UK for one academic year to £9000. whilst i note that a deposit has been paid your financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the remaining cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there. I note from your sponsor's bank statement that the closing balance of his account as of 27th August was N219864 (£879; £1=N250). Futhermore, i do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the Uk. you have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so.

The onus is on you to demonstrate that you have the ability to follow the course. You have submitted result slip issued in 1999 by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) as evidence of your past academic achievements. WAEC have stated to this office that the transcripts or notification of result slips submitted in support of your applications should not be accepted as evidence of results, a certificate must be provided in support. i note that you have not submitted a WAEC certificate with your application and therefore i cannot be satisfied that your academic history is as claimed. Therefore i cannot be satisfied that you intend and are able to follow a weekday full time course invloving attendance at a single institution for a minimum of 15 hours organised daytime study per week of a single subject, or directly or directly related subjects as required by para 57 (ii)b.

In an overall assessment of the credibilty of the application, i m not satisfied the cost of these studies is proportionate to your economic circumstances or that there are advantages you might derive from this course of study. i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to follow the course.

I therefore refuse your application.

These are my comments.

1. I submitted a CSCS statement worth about 17million which was not considered and at that the time that i filed in my application some of the stocks were on the floor of stock exchange for sale and now some of it has been sold.
2. I have collected my WAEC certificate.
3. His is a Lecturer, and there is this loan which they normally give to them every 2 years by intercontinental( A million).

Now i want to reapply by Monday because the resumption date is 7th January (KCMT)Kingsbrigde College of Management and Technology that is the name of the school. How can i go about the application so that they wont say there has been large deposit of funds in the recent even when my application was with them some of the shares has been sold and thank God we have the Sold contract documents for the shares sold. Presently he has (1.7m) in his account now hope i am good to submitt and please tell me how to go about the application.

Very Urgent.

Just wanna share my testimony wiv you pple. i re-applied wiv all my documents showing that there was no large deposit within short period of time and these are documents gottn from stocks that was sold and also a photocopy of the chque issued to my pop from the savings he had wiv asup. After which he wrote a comprehensive sponsorship letter. i submitted last week tuesday (20/11/2007) and as God will have it i called them at the application center at Ikeja Today 28/11/2007 if my application was ready for pick up and they told me it s ready. just for me to get there and open the brown envlp lo and behold i saw my visa and the start date was 26/11/2007. alot of people told me not to reapply that i will be refused but God is gr8er than human beings. Can you see what God did for me Under Seven days I got my VISA. God is Great.

KCMT HERE I COME.
Re: Uk Student Visa by linksav: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2008
how much do I have to pay for my UK Student visa application? and what are the chances even if I have a full tuition payment? please an urgent reply is needed.

Thank you all
Re: Uk Student Visa by lloydhill(m): 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2008
@linksav its N25000 plus N200 as bank charges
Re: Uk Student Visa by swiftycool(m): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2008
linksav:

how much do I have to pay for my UK Student visa application? and what are the chances even if I have a full tuition payment? please an urgent reply is needed.

Thank you all
@ the poster

Paying your full tuiton is not a guarantee for being granted a visa. Most of the people that were granted visas and are currently in the UK did not pay even up to half of their fees before being granted. In fact i know many more who were denied visas despite the  full payment fees 
To anyone reading this and wanting to get it right the first time, make sure you get all your documentations and fill your forms right. and except u intend to gamble with your future, NO FAKE DOCUMENTS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Tahiti / Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos (photos) / Truck Driver Rams Into Okada Rider In Onitsha, Kills Him On Spot (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.