Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? (28880 Views)

Which Hand Do You Wear Wristwatches On,Is It Your Left Or Right Hand? / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Samfigo1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Larger percentage of people wear wristwatches on the left hand...I remember when I was younger my parents used to call me bush boy whenever I wear the watch on the right hand but since then I have changed!

Who started the wearing of wrist watch on the left Or how did it start?
Does it mean that anyone that wears it on the right is unfashionable?

2 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by olexjay(m): 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
People have been Putting on wrist watch on the left hand right from the beginning and so shall it be forever under normal circumstances..... Putting it on the left hand make u feel comfortable to look at the time.

And about who first discover to wear it on the left hand my great-grandfather might know. smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Samfigo1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
olexjay:
People have been Putting on wrist watch on the left hand right from the beginning and so shall it be forever under normal circumstances..... Putting it on the left hand make u feel comfortable to look at the time.

And about who first discover to wear it on the left hand my great-grandfather might know. smiley
Broz... was ur greatgranny born b4 wristwatch itself was invented?

3 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by olexjay(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
Samfigo1:
Broz... was ur greatgranny born b4 wristwatch itself was invented?
broz I said great-grandfather and not greatgranny.... And to ur question, maybe Idk

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by jyomite(m): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
I still wear it on my right

12 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
Its worn on the left mostly because that's the lesser used hand. Wearing watches on the right leaves it prone to scratches and breaks as most people use their right hand for everything. Left handed people wear watches on the right hand for this reason.

In Victorian times it was fashionable to wear a watch in either breáśt pocket attached to a chain to avoid it falling off and getting missing.

I guess your parents mocked you because everyone else wears them on the left hand.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Samfigo1(m): 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
charix:
Its worn on the left mostly because that's the lesser used hand. Wearing watches on the right leaves it prone to scratches and breaks as most people use their right hand for everything. Left handed people wear watches on the right hand for this reason.

In Victorian times it was fashionable to wear a watch in either breáśt pocket attached to a chain to avoid it falling off and getting missing.

I guess your parents mocked you because everyone else wears them on the left hand.
Informative! Gud one bro!

5 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by holatin(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Putting watch on left hand fit mislead you
Says Mr imedalabuoginidiofiaca.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by ireneony(f): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Na left hand before now, op where you for grow undecided
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Left ...never put wristwatch on my right hand before.

3 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by blemon44(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
i prefer the both

i can play with both
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Otunbab: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Doesn't really matter jare. Any hand you feel comfy with.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by fortunes0215(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
How much does Seun pay dis mods sef... must every topic make front page. The front page alert on my phone is now disturbing sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Guidette(f): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
PLEASE SHARE: The 5 Biggest lies President Goodluck Jonathan has told Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053010/5-biggest-lies-president-goodluck

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by plainmirror(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by kendrick9(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
i used to think left. thats wat i was told back in those days... but i feel comfortable on both
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by olayincar(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
For men : left hand
And ladies » right hand
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by HopeAtHand: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Left hand,because Nigeria tinz too dey go left left...anytime we get tinz right as a people we can then start wearing our watches on the right.

Our leaders tink wearing a watch is for fancy. They dnt know time is running..No pun intended grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by lonelydora: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear on both hands. As the spirit leads.

2 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by LillyAnne(f): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear mine on my right hand undecided

2 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by cynthia3d(f): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear wrist watch on my left so I don't which is right

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by colossus2: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
Your can wear it on both handss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by adexsimply(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
LillyAnne:
I wear mine on my right hand undecided
undecided
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by aieromon(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
charix:
Left handed people wear watches on the right hand for this reason.

Not true. I wear mine on the left hand.

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Isiterere(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
left always. I tried changing to right hand,it look so awkward to me.
Btw,as a right-handed that I am, putting my wrist watch on the right will makes the watch prone to scratches and the likes.

Besides,wearing wrist-watches nowadays is more of fashion than its primary use.(i tend to use the time on my phones more to checking my wrist watch for time)
ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by thoollz: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
left handed peeps wear it on their right wrist and vice versa for comfort.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Maczeelly(m): 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hmmmm

Left hand according to F.G Morgan Theory 1947
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by PerfumeRepublik: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Well it depends on whether you are right or left handed .....
Watches are meant to be worn on the non dominant hand for comfort and to avoid damage..
It seems the left is traditional ,but its just because most folks are right handed ..
I wear on the left when I'm running around, I wear right some times too

3 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
TheRealMrStan has stopped creating senseless threads and pushing it to FP? But the madness of pushing silly threads to front page still continues.....
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Right hand is awesome
Only people with class do that. grin

Amefrica:
Left ...never put wristwatch on my right hand before.

You should try it. You won't regret it. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by mhyra(f): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
I dont care which wrist is 'right'. . What i care is dat i LOVE wearin mine in my left wrist.. And um, Dats all.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by korel9: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Chai! See question angry

You can wear it on your third leg if you like, mtscheeew! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oluchi Onweagba Without Make-Up (Picture) / What Not To Wear To A Wedding. / Guys Can You Rock These Sandals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.