Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:05 AM

Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? (29131 Views)

Which Hand Do You Wear Wristwatches On,Is It Your Left Or Right Hand? / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Jarexxx(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Any wrist I wish
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by fatdon2(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
I
believe the custom is to wear it on
your left wrist if you’re right-handed
and to wear it on your right if you’re
left-handed. It just makes sense when
you’re adjusting flywheels and throwing lariats, huh? Also, if you’re a
righty and your watch is on the left,
it’s going to be easier to set and wind
(assuming you’re a nonquartz
traditionalist). Aside from that, who
cares?
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
Cheers
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by HopeAtHand: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
berem:
TheRealMrStan has stopped creating senseless threads and pushing it to FP? But the madness of pushing silly threads to front page still continues.....

Igbo woman sharap and concentrate on the topic..
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
na left sure pass...
.it prone to danger on ur ryt hand
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by ogunwalea(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Your right hand is too loaded...u wan kill d hand ni? Abeg share responsibility na...

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by LillyAnne(f): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
aieromon:

Good for you.

Consider changing hand or anticipate scratches and breaks.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Abduletudaye(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Guidette:
PLEASE SHARE: The 5 Biggest lies President Goodluck Jonathan has told Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053010/5-biggest-lies-president-goodluck

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

Open new thread na...am sure it will make FP..
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
op do u need Santa Claus to tell u left wrist is the right wrist to wear wristwatches?
wearing watches on right hand is like using square to cover a round hole i.e the digits in the watch will be wrongly placed
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Calculux95: 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Its expected you wear it on your less favoured hand, if your right handed you wear it on your left and vice versa, I guess this is to grant an easy access or view anytime a person feels like checking the time..
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Guidette(f): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Open new thread na...am sure it will make FP..
I did 2 days ago. The Mods have decided to eat my thread even though I called their attention to it. TheY are busy posting nonsense on FP but will never put relevant threads on FP.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
olexjay:
broz I said great-grandfather and not greatgranny....

What a comedian you are cheesy
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by misshoree(f): 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
My pastor wears wristwatch on his right hand

To him,which ever way yu wear your wristwatch aint bad

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Yazmin: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wrist watches were made popular in the post industrial era of Europe in the 17th century( Madara,Guaiva ,1979).

However, a renown economist Ridi de Gualle of the industrial town of Renns in present day France and Patriarch of the Govou family,makers of the popular present day Quartz watches had only one hand,his right hand.

During bazaars and exhibitions showing the company's new wristwatch products,he always wore them on his right hand. People saw this as vogue. Our parents who studied in France imported the culture of wearing watches on the right hand rather than the left.

That just the simple truth....call me B*stard if there is a contrary report to this episode.

#peace!!!!
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear watches on my lovely left hand. smiley
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by agog: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Samfigo1:
Larger percentage of people wear wristwatches on the left hand...I remember when I was younger my parents used to call me bush boy whenever I wear the watch on the right hand but since then I have changed!

Who started the wearing of wrist watch on the left Or how did it start?
Does it mean that anyone that wears it on the right is unfashionable?
wrist watches were designed to be worn on the left hand. by doing so, you can easily look at the watch. you can also with ease turn the knob to reset or adjust the watch. This is not possible if the watch is worn on the right hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by bioduneberry(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear mine on the right hand because am ambidextrous.

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Chuksgeo: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
My uncle wears his wrist watch on his right hand same with my elder sis and same also with me. I think its a thing of choice. Reason why majority of people wears it on their left wrist is that there are many right handed people so it's seem more comfortable to wear your wrist watch on the left hand because you do a lot of things with your right hand. So I guess that's why.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Abduletudaye(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Guidette:

I did 2 days ago. The Mods have decided to eat my thread even though I called their attention to it. TheY are busy posting nonsense on FP but will never put relevant threads on FP.

Don't mind dem.. They're naughty...
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by otunbadan(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Guidette:
PLEASE SHARE: The 5 Biggest lies President Goodluck Jonathan has told Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053010/5-biggest-lies-president-goodluck

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

The Angel you know is better than........

A bird at hand is worth....... in the bush.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by loomer: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
i wear mine on my waist
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by DONOCHAS(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear it on my right hand, it feels heavy wen it is on d left hand.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by MNDY(m): 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
charix:
Its worn on the left mostly because that's the lesser used hand. Wearing watches on the right leaves it prone to scratches and breaks as most people use their right hand for everything. Left handed people wear watches on the right hand for this reason.

In Victorian times it was fashionable to wear a watch in either breáśt pocket attached to a chain to avoid it falling off and getting missing.

I guess your parents mocked you because everyone else wears them on the left hand.

I find wearing two on a go on both hands and/or wrists very stylish! I've seen it and tried it! It's cool!
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by RaeMystix: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
olayincar:
For men : left hand
And ladies » right hand

I wear them on my left oh; Same as my mom and sis grin

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
PerfumeRepublik:
Well it depends on whether you are right or left handed .....
Watches are meant to be worn on the non dominant hand for comfort and to avoid damage..
It seems the left is traditional ,but its just because most folks are right handed ..

This is the correct answer.

Op, no offense, but have you heard of this website called google.com?

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by cruxanddave: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mostly many people particularly men prefer it on the left hand,while some women prefer wearing it on the right hand.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
The left hand..

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Btruth: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
Well, it all depends. But I feel comfortable wearing it on the right hand though.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
agog:

wrist watches were designed to be worn on the left hand. by doing so, you can easily look at the watch. you can also with ease turn the knob to reset or adjust the watch. This is not possible if the watch is worn on the right hand.

Excellent point. This is undeniable. The knob is always on the right side of the watch face.

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by stano2(m): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
Well I put on two watches each on the right and left
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by practicalclass: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Left hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

what do you think of Low Cuts on women? / The African Woman, When?� / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.