Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,354 members, 7,888,128 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:04 PM

Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? (28917 Views)

Which Hand Do You Wear Wristwatches On,Is It Your Left Or Right Hand? / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by practicalclass: 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Non-dominant hand. left hand for a right-handed person and right-hand for a lefty
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by ewizard1: 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
My style...

Wristwatch on the left, Bracelets & Shambalas on the right!

grin

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Mathematical(f): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
charix:
Its worn on the left mostly because that's the lesser used hand. Wearing watches on the right leaves it prone to scratches and breaks as most people use their right hand for everything. Left handed people wear watches on the right hand for this reason.

In Victorian times it was fashionable to wear a watch in either breáśt pocket attached to a chain to avoid it falling off and getting missing.

I guess your parents mocked you because everyone else wears them on the left hand.

You invent the Wearing right...? Mahn whatever hand that suit the bearer.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Anaskie(m): 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lemme help you guys out.

Watches are worn on the left hand, because the knob used in setting the watch is on the right side. This makes it easier to set the watch.

If you wear it on your right hand, you'll find it difficult to set your time because you'll have to twist yout hand to an awkward position.

That's my reason sha.

2 Likes

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by lordtim001(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
U knw,wristwatches have bin worn on d left for sum reasons,for example most folks are righthanded xo to help them do things conveniently and to check d time simultaneously,it is worn on d left...hope my comment was observed
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by ifoundmyperfect: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear mine on my right hand... And it has never felt like a burden...
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by guyX(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Just for FP popularity 7EFCAB8E
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by dajoaneke(m): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Honestly bros idk... I only rock wallclock on my neck chain.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by fairheven: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hate to follow wateva that's envoque,I like to defile tradition,so I have always worn mine on the right hand.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by IVORY2009(m): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
If no be left-hand, he nor fit resemble wrist watch, left hand since 1905bc

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by CzarRex: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
While growin up, I tot dat wearin watch on d left was for boys, while right was 4 gurls..neva knew it was a matter of choice.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
wearing watch on the right hand is fashoinly wrong, and its not comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by dharmieeey: 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
olexjay:
People have been Putting on wrist watch on the left hand right from the beginning and so shall it be forever under normal circumstances..... Putting it on the left hand make u feel comfortable to look at the time.

And about who first discover to wear it on the left hand my great-grandfather might know. smiley

What if you are left-handed..i think some of this things are just common sense and doesnt have to be stereotypic
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by teoo: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Am right handed, and I wear it on the tight hand..... tried wearing it on my left hand once, mehn, my hand was so heavy( lik a burden) ... right hand all d way
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by teoo: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Am right handed, and I wear it on the right hand..... tried wearing it on my left hand once, mehn, my hand was so heavy( lik a burden) ... right hand all d way
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by goldstarpamela(f): 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
Right hand anytime, anyday! I feel so unique wearing it dere.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Deiok(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
Left hand. I hardly see people wearing watches on their right hand. Its easier to wore on the left than on the right.

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by engrkaz(m): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear it on my right wrist... Here is a photo of me..
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by vitality22(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wear my wrist watch on my right hand. Nothing on earth can make me wear my watch on my left hand, its will be so uncomfortable. For me, its definitely my right hand.

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by EstarKeys(f): 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
charix:
Its worn on the left mostly because that's the lesser used hand. Wearing watches on the right leaves it prone to scratches and breaks as most people use their right hand for everything. Left handed people wear watches on the right hand for this reason.

In Victorian times it was fashionable to wear a watch in either breáśt pocket attached to a chain to avoid it falling off and getting missing.

I guess your parents mocked you because everyone else wears them on the left hand.
none is mandatory...one can wear on any hand preferable to him or her ...i as a left handed girl who draws alot,i am most cormfortable wearing it on my right...i dnt fink dias a rule for wrist watches too
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
I do too on the left, it has more fittings than the right
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by EstarKeys(f): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
olexjay:
People have been Putting on wrist watch on the left hand right from the beginning and so shall it be forever under normal circumstances..... Putting it on the left hand make u feel comfortable to look at the time.

And about who first discover to wear it on the left hand my great-grandfather might know. smiley
it itsnt mandatory on d left hand..i fink its okay on any hand dats cormfortable to u...i as a left handed artist,i prefer to wear it on ma ryt
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by mescapee: 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Guidette:
PLEASE SHARE: The 5 Biggest lies President Goodluck Jonathan has told Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053010/5-biggest-lies-president-goodluck

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by olexjay(m): 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

What a comedian you are cheesy
lolz.... Y do u said so o?
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Jay20(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wrist watches r worn on the left hand often cos of the ease in controlling the knob.its pretty much difficult controlling the knob when the watch is worn on the right..try this and see for urself.

1 Like

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Kagarko(m): 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
The hand that carries the watch as a muslim is the right hand.

This is prophetic and devine from the mouth that does‘nt lie SAW (In Huwa Illa Wahyun Yooha)

Domin saba wa yahudawa da yahudancin su.
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by abbeycite: 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ever since I know what fashion is, and can differentiate right frm left, I wear my classical n expensive ( Michael kolls, rollex n sekonda) on my precious right hand. cant imagine wearing dis crazy expensive wristwatch on left hand .
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by geepijay(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
The right hand which happens to be the left hand...
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by fathomberry: 11:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
In the Nigerian army, ranks like 'Warrant Officer' come in a wrist-watch form and can only be worn on the right hand, so your wrist watch must go on the other hand,so same applies to everybody in the army so that nobody will be mistaken for a Warrant Officer.

So you bloody civilians should take-dressing grin
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by babaluckey: 11:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Left hand plz

Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by Abyzan(m): 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
no prove that wristwatches were meant to be worn on the left....but as for me and my family, we shall wear watches on the right....esp my samsung gear grin
Re: Which Hand Is Right To Wear Wristwatch? by marjson(m): 11:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Well, I am Right Handed and I still wear my wrist watch on my Right Hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Not To Wear To A Wedding. / Guys Can You Rock These Sandals? / Sarah Jegede Wins Miss Africa Great Britain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.