Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,273 members, 7,947,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:37 PM

I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari (21985 Views)

Northern Royal Fathers Meet With Igbo Royal Fathers In Owerri / US Lift Ban And Ready To Sell Arms To Nigeria To Solve Insurgency / Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by sokera: 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
naza9ja:
Sir, you don't need to be president to do that.
then what is your father doing to help?
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by RooneyMan: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
Story for old men like you. You'll actually just call Shekau & everyone will be on a lowkey.. You should have helped in the fight against Insurgency even without being the president.. Keep deceiving urself & watch 2015 bypass U like a moving train.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by londoner: 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
Not even any mention of meeting with the CURRENT state governors in the affected areas, or even prominent religous leaders. This Buhari, is harkening back to days when Nigeria will, once again be under military rule.

His first thought is to circumvent democratic systems or institutions. He has no idea that todays BH is in no way to be compared with insurgents he may have crushed, when the military was all powerful and insurgents were not backed by billions of naira,and crowds of willing suicide bombers and not to mention the best milotary weapons and training.

He is not even taking stock of ideology that drives BH, and other such groups around the world. Were the insurgents of that time suicide bombers, did he or those other RETIRED generals encounter such in their day?

FIND OUT WHO IS FUNDING THEM AND WHO IS FEEDING THEM SENSITIVE MILITARY INFO. That is what GEJ should also be doing.

He should rather be talking about drawing closer to other CURRENT military outfits and INTELLIGENCE OUTFITS, AROUND THE WORLD that have and are combating similiar groups. This is a worldwide problem and it is new, not old.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Majorhamza(m): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=F22RAPTOR post=29181087]a whole lot of empty talks...why wait till you are elected before you do what you have said, do it now so that we all can see that you mean business...smh[he has no power to do it now, if he try it, Nigeria will see his sincere effort as act of terrorism. That how things work in this contry]
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by daslimiski: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Descartes:

Which year was that? undecided
Are the weapons used by the insurgents then more or less sophisticated than what we have seen them with recently? undecided

My brother ask him, oh! Do you (#berem) think that Buhari can cope with this insurgency as it is now? Or perhaps you have not realized that this islamic insurgency threat is a world-wide phenomenon? In east africa, al shabaab is waging their own war, Isis is in Iraq and Syria, Al queda is in operation in afganistan with the Taliban and you have other groups in India and Pakistan. Besides, the world and its techniques for facing such threats have changes significantly in the last 5-10years. Buhari has nothing to offer because he is not used to these techniques.

Also, we need to remember that we currently operate a democracy, not a military dictatorship. Buhari is at best a military dictator. We do not need someone who will come in and spend four years learning how to use diplomacy, when they were formally used to orders and decrees.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by mescapee: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
Validated:
Where are Buhari's 2011, 2012 and 2013 Christmas messages?

What message does Buhari have for the families that lost their children serving in the North in 2011?

What Christmas message does Buhari have for all those who lost their livelihoods in Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi as a result of Sharia which he supported?

Please, these and many others who are victims of your religious bigotry do not need your message now! We know better. Do not hoodwink us with your supposed sympathy.

Merry Christmas Nigeria

Well spoken

2 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by mescapee: 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
Doyin2:

The difference is violence! GMB never supported the use of violence to implement the sharia.There is nothing evil about Sharia.Sharia is a constitution for the muslims ,just like the Nigerian constuitution. It has nothing to do with Christians,because it can only be applied to any muslim that embraces it.Please google is your friend.find what sharia law is all about(not about those using violence to enforce it,please)

The constitution of Nigeria is also very clear about sharia:

260. (1) There shall be a Sharia Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

262. (1) The Sharia Court of Appeal shall, in addition to such other jurisdiction as may be conferred upon it by an Act of the National Assembly, exercise such appellate and supervisory jurisdiction in civil proceedings involving questions of Islamic personal law.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1) of this section, the Sharia Court of Appeal shall be competent to decide -
(a) any question of Islamic personal law regarding a marriage concluded in accordance with that law, including a question relating to the validity or dissolution of such a marriage or a question that depends on such a marriage and relating to family relationship or the guardianship of an infant;
(b) where all the parties to the proceeding are Muslims, any question of Islamic personal law regarding a marriage, including the validity or dissolution of that marriage, or regarding family relationship, a foundling or the guardianship of an infant;
(c) any question of Islamic personal law regarding a wakf, gift, will or succession where the endower, donor, testator or deceased person is a Muslim;
(d) any question of Islamic personal law regarding an infant, prodigal or person of unsound mind who is a Muslim or the maintenance or the guardianship of a Muslim who is physically or mentally infirm; or
(e) where all the parties to the proceedings, being Muslims, have requested the court that hears the case in the first instance to determine that case in accordance with Islamic personal law, any other question.

Enough of all this religious blackmail against GMB. The spread of sharia across Nigeria is for only Muslims that would want it to apply to them only.

GMB has never pretended not to be a muslim. However ,that someone is a devout Christian or Muslim should not be a subject of blackmail.Religious intolerance is the bane of the Nigerian society.

i do not think you understand Sharia and Shekau's game plan at all.

When GMD becomes the head of state, if he will be able to get there, his greatest problem will be Shekau - the foot soldier he armed.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by PureNigerian: 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
pistol:
what has stopped him since from calling his fellow retired generals from convening a meeting,bringing out a blueprint on how to tackle boko haram.
Moreover there is a body Council of states where former heads of state meets to advice the president.
what has been his contribution.
is it not selfishness on his part to wait till he assumes leadership before he can bring his ideas on tackling boko haram up?

You need Buhari's advice, what has GEJ done with the advice numerous people has given him example, that he should go after the sponsors of the terrorist group?
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by PureNigerian: 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
inisco:
Buhari pls call ur boys to order if u wunt to earn my vote,like say i fit waste my vote 4 a boko-haram(bu-hari)
gej till buhari meet general sheacow in sambisa forest,4now gej till 2019....

If they are his boys, why your Oga GEJ nor arrest am.

Fake old news
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by CORRECTMAN78(m): 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Liars, oppressors, and daredevils. They can say and do anything to gain ur support. The the big question is, "do they care about u"? NO! My honest prayer-- Dear God, do not punish us the more with GMB. We wail and groan with GEJ, bt ofcos we know that the messiah has not come. Nigerians out of frustration resulting from suffering, pains, and agony under GEJ administration are about making a gravious mistake by vieing for Buhari. God save us.

1 Like

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by specexcel: 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
APC shld show Nigerians there Blue-prints not condemnation of PDP

1 Like

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by mechanics(m): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
samflexxy:
you want to stop what you created

GEJ till 2099
who told u, GMB 2015 n beyond.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by okiezman(m): 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
berem:
He has solved an insurgency before as a military head of state, he will certainly do it again against boko haram if he becomes the next president. Buhari is not clueless like GEJ.

Story story
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by annibro(f): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
Thank u my General. U took these words out of my mouth.'Few pipu raised N21bn of our money just 2 mek their friend president'...imagine! Only few pipu recycling d wealth of over 150M citizens.
Their plans will NEVER see d Light of day.
God bless u Sir General.
On behalf of all ur Supporters in d diaspora, I say CARRY GO!!!
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by sirmariner: 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Only God has d final say and not ur so called general. If he is truly a citizen of this country why wait to be elected before he can contribute to the solving of this insurgency issue. The God of the voiceless can never keep quiet. God we commit boko haram into ur hands cos u alone can solve it for us. The Egyptians we see today we shall see them no more.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by kenrish2(m): 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
samflexxy:
you want to stop what you created

GEJ till 2099

I wonder they must finish watin them start na fresh hot air GEJ till 2100
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by kenrish2(m): 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
F22RAPTOR:
a whole lot of empty talks...why wait till you are elected before you do what you have said, do it now so that we all can see that you mean business...smh

all watin e talk na speech no b today we they hear speech
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by lillyjane(f): 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
God bless u. Happy birthday llnp

Thank you dear but its on 27th, I have corrected if though.

1 Like

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by kenrish2(m): 9:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
Validated:
Where are Buhari's 2011, 2012 and 2013 Christmas messages?

What message does Buhari have for the families that lost their children serving in the North in 2011?

What Christmas message does Buhari have for all those who lost their livelihoods in Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi as a result of Sharia which he supported?

Please, these and many others who are victims of your religious bigotry do not need your message now! We know better. Do not hoodwink us with your supposed sympathy.

Merry Christmas Nigeria

u know DAT some Nigerians don't look at their side mirror while driving so that they can see wat has happened in d past, some are just party faithful
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by kenrish2(m): 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
falconey:
this one is a religious M.O.R.O.N.....

judging from ur insultive attitude I know u are apc
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by kenrish2(m): 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
Chibabi:
Other generals lyk SHEKAU, etc?

guy u too funny, u mean general shakau from gboko division
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by kenrish2(m): 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
olusolaj:
Other generals like general shekau.
You don't even need to consult them.
Once you win then their mission accomplished.

tell dem o, b4 dem go start to run 4 bush
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by kenrish2(m): 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
ElekeNtioba:
Yeah, we know your real Generals. The Abubakar Shekaus from the first to the current fourth. Doing your bidding and trying to prove that you are the only who can solve the insurgency. The ultimate aim being intimidating fearful Nigerians into electing you.

Funny how Nigerians now have memory the size of a chicken's that they have forgotten the ultimate goal of this raghead who can barely hide his islamic extremism.

Whats the difference between Abubakar Shekau's dreams of an islamic caliphate in Nigeria and Buhari's dreams of Nigeria with sharia constitution??

. bros thank u let the wise read an undastand

1 Like

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by ernieboy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
specexcel:
APC shld show Nigerians there Blue-prints not condemnation of PDP
where is pdp`s blueprint?
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by FAK2008: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
I sincerely feel some people remain just educated illiterate and by their comment the intelligence is just little above zero. If our president had listened to the same generals before now we would not be in this insurgency mess today. Many of them have been written off by GEJ. There is a difference between a GCFR that has been to the battle field that can interprete intelligence report and possibly offer strategy unlike what we now have. if GMB is behind Bokoharam like the clueless PDP govt is convincing you believe, you think they would not have given a proof to Nigerian in order to defeat GMB. This adds to GEJs govt intelligence failure,non competence and cluelessness which is GMBS strength at the moment. Intelligent Sources close to GEJ already indicates fears of losing in 2014 Election and that is why GEJ does not want sign peace treaty for post election violence on his path. Controlling a woman in his house is not even feasible how much more the NIGER DELTANS. As a President and at GMBS age he would not islamise Nigeria as PDP is trying to push to us. This is democracy not military. GEJ could not attend Holy Ghost Congress this year as he knows his religious guise/trick will fail him this time.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by samento: 1:23am On Dec 26, 2014
pistol:
what has stopped him since from calling his fellow retired generals from convening a meeting,bringing out a blueprint on how to tackle boko haram.
Moreover there is a body Council of states where former heads of state meets to advice the president.
is it not selfishness on his part to wait till he assumes leadership before he can bring his ideas on tackling boko haram up?
what actions has your clueless president taken with tons of advices that has been given him. He knows nothing better than kai kai.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by imanuel5959: 6:56am On Dec 26, 2014
berem:
He has solved an insurgency before as a military head of state, he will certainly do it again against boko haram if he becomes the next president. Buhari is not clueless like GEJ.

Pls I will like to know which one, and don't tell me Maitasine cos that was in 1980 when Shagari was president...

Also I will like to know, is it only when Buhari becomes president that he can help in solving the problem of terrorism in Nigeria, cos at that time there may not be anything like Nigeria, why not help solve the problem now which will convince us of ur sincerity of purpose?

Also I need to know how many council of state meetings have GMB attended in d last 4yrs? at least to proffer a solution to this lingering problem if he sincerely believe in this country..In other countries of the world politicians usually put aside their political differences during wars/crisis to protect the nation(in fact, Pakistani politicians is doing that right now following the killing of 144 school children in that country recently by the Taliban), but in Nigeria what do u have.....a long list of abuses directed to the fg from opposition politicians and blame game.

Lastly Buhari said he'll meet ex-generals, which means he doesn't even know how to go about this problem that he created in the first place and helped sustained with with his incitive words and statements..

Nigerians shine ur eyes!!
A man who cannot contribute meaningfully to the progress and safety of the country cannot suddenly develop the ability to do that, unless he's the one who started and still sustaining the problem.

GEJ may not have scored a B in this exam, but GMB is not the solution,...QED

Left with these two options, I'll rather go with GEJ.

1 Like

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by prudentcy(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2014
Niwdog:
This old man should just chill. That someone gave 21billion dosen't mean the person is corrupt. He worked for it

Worked for what?
Are u a learner?
Well I don't blame all these clueless followers.
Stealing is not a corruption. grin grin grin
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by desktop: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2014
warrior01:
somebody should help me ask the hypocrite when last he attended the council of state meeting that deliberated on how to solve the boko haram crisis.

Warrior01 God bless you a million fold this holidays and 10 million fold in the coming year multiplied by 10 each year that follows for this truth I really don't know who this hypocrite feels he's deceiving council of state meeting he NEVER attends yet he has the interest of the nation at heart he HE WILL NEVER WIN. Deceitful human being.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by jpphilips(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2014
pistol:

How about your own ideas? afterall, he is just a private citizen like you. You don't want to vote for him but you want his idea to cure the madness you are suffering from?
One of those dumb Nigerians. Even OBJ didn't find it funny advising the Otuoke champion let alone a Buhari.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by jpphilips(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
imanuel5959:

Pls I will like to know which one, and don't tell me Maitasine cos that was in 1980 when Shagari was president...

Also I will like to know, is it only when Buhari becomes president that he can help in solving the problem of terrorism in Nigeria, cos at that time there may not be anything like Nigeria, why not help solve the problem now which will convince us of ur sincerity of purpose?

Also I need to know how many council of state meetings have GMB attended in d last 4yrs? at least to proffer a solution to this lingering problem if he sincerely believe in this country..In other countries of the world politicians usually put aside their political differences during wars/crisis to protect the nation(in fact, Pakistani politicians is doing that right now following the killing of 144 school children in that country recently by the Taliban), but in Nigeria what do u have.....a long list of abuses directed to the fg from opposition politicians and blame game.

Lastly Buhari said he'll meet ex-generals, which means he doesn't even know how to go about this problem that he created in the first place and helped sustained with with his incitive words and statements..

Nigerians shine ur eyes!!
A man who cannot contribute meaningfully to the progress and safety of the country cannot suddenly develop the ability to do that, unless he's the one who started and still sustaining the problem.

GEJ may not have scored a B in this exam, but GMB is not the solution,...QED

Left with these two options, I'll rather go with GEJ.

I know you are dumb but for sake of clarity I will assist your failed history class.

in 1983 during the reign of Shagari, Buhari was The then GOC of the 3rd
Division in Jos , the COAS wushishi tasked Buhari to flush out a group of ruthless dissident Chadian soldiers who have invaded and occupied Nigerian villages.

Buhari was so brutal in his counter assault on the Chadian that his team finished them in Nigeria and extended the assault into the Chadian territory that caused a diplomatic row between Nigeria and France at the time before Buhari withdrew.

In 1984, Buhari as head of state was able to downgrade and destroy the Maitasine an action that wiped them off in the history of our time.

You mentioned the council of state to absolve the dumb nut from Otuoke, you forgot that Jonathan is the chairman of that council on him the responsibility to convene and send invites to its members, I cannot recall reading anywhere that such meeting was convened in the last 4yrs and you blame Buhari for that?

How about OBJ a boisterous member of the council who have not only written books but also written letters of advise, how well did it go?

How about his own Sanusi who wrote on several allegations of corruption and misappropriation in his administration, how well did that go?

How about commanders who wrote him an open letter to warn on their dis satisfaction in the war front, how well did that go?

What makes you think Buhari will fare any better?

Nigerians dont deserve Buhari, you cant give him your votes but you want to tap into his wealth of experience and impeccable pedigree? clap for your dumb self.

How about yaradua who ran a government of National unity, where he realized the potential of some ANPP members and brought them in to his cabinet?

Go and ask Obama why he didn't advise Bush on the strategy he used to withdraw American soldiers from Iraq.

Some of you parade expired brain cells.
Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by jpphilips(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2014
londoner:
Not even any mention of meeting with the CURRENT state governors in the affected areas, or even prominent religous leaders. This Buhari, is harkening back to days when Nigeria will, once again be under military rule.

His first thought is to circumvent democratic systems or institutions. He has no idea that todays BH is in no way to be compared with insurgents he may have crushed, when the military was all powerful and insurgents were not backed by billions of naira,and crowds of willing suicide bombers and not to mention the best milotary weapons and training.

He is not even taking stock of ideology that drives BH, and other such groups around the world. Were the insurgents of that time suicide bombers, did he or those other RETIRED generals encounter such in their day?

FIND OUT WHO IS FUNDING THEM AND WHO IS FEEDING THEM SENSITIVE MILITARY INFO. That is what GEJ should also be doing.

He should rather be talking about drawing closer to other CURRENT military outfits and INTELLIGENCE OUTFITS, AROUND THE WORLD that have and are combating similiar groups. This is a worldwide problem and it is new, not old.

And you think that an Urchin like you understand counterinsurgency more than Buhari?
A rifraf without a surname that cannot even afford a military form is now selling his derision to a decorated General?

I don't blame you afterall Tecno has given you a 10mb voice so you can now dine with the gods, Aturu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Village, Kills People, Burns Entire Village On Christmas / Ondo APC Governorship Primary: Voting Begins / Buhari Has Turned Condolence Visits To Campaign Rallies —PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.