Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,743 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries (66012 Views)

Lagbaja On Doyin Okupe's Comment On Why Nigeria Cannot Get New Trains / Doyin Okupe: NIGERIA CAN'T AFFORD Brand New Trains, It Is Not America / PHOTOS: Comparison Of Gej's New Trains To Train From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
BrokenTV:

During it the Buhari way am not surprise, this shows how your obtain your degree from your list of top ten universities in the world. Am not surprised, my advice to you is to cut your coat according to your size. Life is just a stage.

Hahahaha.

You're actually a comedian
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by BrokenTV: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
LRNZH:

Hahahaha.

You're actually a comedian
I have played this game boy, ask Eggheader you are still a learner so chill up and enjoy the ride. That you where born plainly stupidy does'nt mean you should act like that.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by amparas(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
SMH plenty dir
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
BrokenTV:

I have played this game boy, ask Eggheader you are still a learner so chill up and enjoy the ride. That you where born plainly stupidy does'nt mean you should act like that.

I can't believe you clowns are real students of Nottingham Trent University as you claim.

Hahahahaha
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by HOTWATER(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nairaland sucks . I now believe some Nigerians are paid to make sure their government fails. You guys will reap where you sow

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by rebranded(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Must everything in Nigeria be Green White Green

Na wa o...we are not innovative at all
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by BrokenTV: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
LRNZH:

I can't believe you clowns are real students of Nottingham Trent University as you claim.

Hahahahaha

Please if i may ask how did Nottingham trent University come into our discussion because i don't remember when i mention that. I think we i think we have diverted a lot from the topic of the thread can you tell me how many Buhari constructed, or what happened to that of River's and Lagos state.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
BrokenTV:

Please if i may ask how did Nottingham trent University come into our discussion because i don't remember when i mention that. I think we i think we have diverted a lot from the topic of the thread can you tell me how many Buhari constructed, or what happened to that of River's and Lagos state.

You see, you're boring me now. I don't have the time to teach you simple developmental economics.

Go fix your grammar first. Hurry off tramp.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by BrokenTV: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
LRNZH:

You see, you're boring me now. I don't have the time to teach you simple developmental economics.

Go fix your grammar first. Hurry off tramp.
Is time that Seun unleash some ban on children masqurading themselvies as adult.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by hyfr(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
LRNZH:

You're now Ndi Igbo spokesman..... Lol
If you like be Okija Shrine...
grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink
we will disown come 2015
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
BrokenTV:

Is time that Seun unleash some ban on children masqurading themselvies as adult.

hyfr:
we will disown come 2015

I Don't Give A Damn!

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Ezemust: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
LRNZH:

I have posted elsewhere that GEJ has only two achievements after 4 to 5 years so far but I will not go into the details.

1. Eliminating Fuel queues
2. Airports remodelling

But the fundamentals are not right even in the two mentioned above. Sorry I can't go into details here.
pls wat sin did gej commit in the rail sector.anserw pls

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ezemust:
pls wat sin did gej commit in the rail sector.anserw pls

This is my opinion. It is not a sin per se but the rail project will not reach a sustainable stage in my opinion.

The rail project is currently not sustainable because the fundamentals of the economy are lacking as I will explain bekow:

No power to run small businesses and industries.
No refineries to reduce Gov't spending of forex on importing fuel and subsidising them
No security for people to settle and travel freely to conduct their businesses.

You will agree with me that the rail project is still in its infancy because they're still laying tracks and importing locomotives. Stations are yet to be modernised.

The amount of spending needed to get rail transport to the level where it can sustain itself is a lot of US Billions which the Gov't doesn't have at the moment if you have been following the news lately.
Infact the progress made so far in the rail project is based on loans from China.

With low oil prices bound to persist for much of next year and the high level of corruption, many projects will die immature deaths and the rail project is one very likely candidate.

To even show you the level of sincerity of the Gov't, instead of a technocrat in the transport industry, they handed over the Railways to Bamanga Tukur as a political appointment to appease Mama Piss.

Until we get the three fundamentals of Security, Power and start refining our own fuel to save forex, any capital intensive project in Nigeria is on shaky foundation.

I hope this helps.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by lolaben(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
Obiagelli:
Nigerians and mediocrity. Slowpoke trains, Slowpoke president
slowpoke citizen too like u. Shutup and pray for ur president. What beta thing will u do in his shoes?..... nothing

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by KLand(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
I smell rat in this post!
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nigerians that have never been to other countries are usually the ones saying craps about Nigeria.
these are trains in new york and i do take the A train to Manhattan on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
still train in NEW YORK

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
NY trains yet Americans are riding it happily but Nigerians will rather condemn theirs

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
still in NY.
so why the noise?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by akereconfi: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
byrron:
NY trains yet Americans are riding it happily but Nigerians will rather condemn theirs

I posted pictures of trains in Manchester too. Nigerians are too gullible, and this bastard OP that has never flown a kite talk more of near an aeroplane was saying bullshit

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by ajbiggie(m): 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
with time we will get there, at,lest they have started.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by hyfr(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
LRNZH:

I Don't Give A Damn!
why do u belive in buhari
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
I think before those countries began to use such high tech trains, they were once at our level and latter developed the techonology of high tech trains, such that they even have un-maned trains now.
The Nig railway sector has been mouribound for years now, but GEJ has been able to revive it and at least we have track worthy trains today. I don't see the rationality in importing trains whose technology are far away from us when we know we are yet to develope the technical know how to assume full responsibility over them. Or are you not going to complain when govt brings in many expatriate workers to man the trains. Neither does it make sense to import electric trains when we are in the puberty stage of resurrecting the electricity sector. How many Nigs will deem it safe to board a self driven train if the Govt brings them in overnight.
It is out of sheer sentiment that you choose to compare and contrast our railway sector with those of countries that are technologically ahead of us. Why didn't you make this comparision few years back when no attention was paid to the railway sector? Now that something is being done, rather than find fulfilment in govts project, you choose to ridicule your nation. I mean no insult sir.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
hyfr:
why do u belive in buhari

Since you ask, I will explain.

Because of this:

Proverbs 29:18 (KJV)
18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Do you think that the clueless GEJ you hear nationwide is just somebody's imagination? There's no smoke without fire. I never paid a lot of attention to the Bible passage above until I observed GEJ over the years.

If not for OBJ's selfish plans, GEJ would not have gone past a deputy governor in Bayelsa State. He's not in the list of capable SS sons that could have ruled Nigeria.

If you have been following my posts on this thread you will see the details of where I think GEJ has failed, so i won't elaborate. PDP has failed Nigeria. Currently APC governors who are less in number have performed better than PDP governors.

Buhari is not corrupt. Even his sworn enemies know that. People like IBB and OBJ are scared Buhari will jail them if he gets into power hence all the fabrication against him.

Using common sense, if Buhari sponsors Boko Haram and terrorism, is it not a huge failure on GEJ's part that buhari is still walking free and even contesting to be President? GEJ should have brought evidence against Buhari and indicted him since 2010 that Boko Haram has been violently tormenting Nigerians. That tells you Buhari is not involved.

I want Nigeria to be great again. Of the options available in 2015, Buhari and APC are the best.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
Feraz:
Does Japan import their trains or build their trains themselves? If your previous governments had invested in education and this sector of transportation, are we going to be here? What is the cost of building these trains used by Japan?
are u trying to mock urself/gej... y cant he do what u are saying the previous govts ignored? or has gej invested in education? becos that doesn't explain waec/neco results bringing back shameful results. students result are getting poorer at a geometric rate, no justice, corruption on a geometric increase, unemployment, underemployment, poor working conditions, health sector responding to d emergency of 170million people is on strike and d federal govt ignores it, 20bn missing and it seems illegal to investigate, should I go on? I would have been happier if we donated that money to Ukraine, we would have solved the hostility in the region.
guy no quote me again if u gonna yarn rubbish.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Feraz(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
shyna01:

are u trying to mock urself/gej... y cant he do what u are saying the previous govts ignored? or has gej invested in education? becos that doesn't explain waec/neco results bringing back shameful results. students result are getting poorer at a geometric rate, no justice, corruption on a geometric increase, unemployment, underemployment, poor working conditions, health sector responding to d emergency of 170million people is on strike and d federal govt ignores it, 20bn missing and it seems illegal to investigate, should I go on? I would have been happier if we donated that money to Ukraine, we would have solved the hostility in the region.
guy no quote me again if u gonna yarn rubbish.
Your answer below. . . The guy I just quoted has an apt answer for you.
Bubewilson:
I think before those countries began to use such high tech trains, they were once at our level and latter developed the techonology of high tech trains, such that they even have un-maned trains now.
The Nig railway sector has been mouribound for years now, but GEJ has been able to revive it and at least we have track worthy trains today. I don't see the rationality in importing trains whose technology are far away from us when we know we are yet to develope the technical know how to assume full responsibility over them. Or are you not going to complain when govt brings in many expatriate workers to man the trains. Neither does it make sense to import electric trains when we are in the puberty stage of resurrecting the electricity sector. How many Nigs will deem it safe to board a self driven train if the Govt brings them in overnight.
It is out of sheer sentiment that you choose to compare and contrast our railway sector with those of countries that are technologically ahead of us. Why didn't you make this comparision few years back when no attention was paid to the railway sector? Now that something is being done, rather than find fulfilment in govts project, you choose to ridicule your nation. I mean no insult sir.
If previous governments had invested in this sector, do you think we'll still be at this stage? All these countries you're mentioning, don't you think it is the private sector that is making them boom? Tell me, if as an investor, you want to invest in the transportation sector of the economy, will you do so when the sector has been moribund for years and previous governments have not paid attention to it? Now, the present government has seen the need in resurrecting a dead sector for transportation so that investors can have confidence and you're here yapping about how fast Japanese trains are. Have you checked the cost of building one? So in your myopic mind, we should leave the previous tracks constructed by the colonial masters and lay new ones because we want to catch up to the advanced nations (of which various people here have posted different pictures and also differentiated between a tram and train). So you think it's just about importing high speed trains? You should probably do more research on the cost and maintenance and what it takes to have those.

Then again, you would be happier if your government donates the money meant for this sector to Ukrainian government; the above shows your kind of person. Congrats also on shifting the goal posts.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Feraz:
Your answer below. . . The guy I just quoted has an apt answer for you. If previous governments had invested in this sector, do you think we'll still be at this stage? All these countries you're mentioning, don't you think it is the private sector that is making them boom? Tell me, if as an investor, you want to invest in the transportation sector of the economy, will you do so when the sector has been moribund for years and previous governments have not paid attention to it? Now, the present government has seen the need in resurrecting a dead sector for transportation so that investors can have confidence and you're here yapping about how fast Japanese trains are. Have you checked the cost of building one? So in your myopic mind, we should leave the previous tracks constructed by the colonial masters and lay new ones because we want to catch up to the advanced nations (of which various people here have posted different pictures and also differentiated between a tram and train). So you think it's just about importing high speed trains? You should probably do more research on the cost and maintenance and what it takes to have those.
Then again, you would be happier if your government donates the money meant for this sector to Ukrainian government; the above shows your kind of person.

Meanwhile, the deadline for delivery of the Abuja-Kaduna rail line project was this December. It is not close to completion
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Feraz(m): 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
LRNZH:

Meanwhile, the deadline for delivery of the Abuja-Kaduna rail line project was this December. It is not close to completion

I'm not saying GEJ is the best there is but where he has tried, he should be given the credit.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by todayguest(m): 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
Most important to me, we're back no the rails after many years of inactivity.
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by darne(m): 3:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Rubbish from GEJ and his Goons angry angry angry angry
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:43am On Dec 29, 2014
Costa Rica

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:44am On Dec 29, 2014
Bangladesh

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Attahiru Jega Gets JAMB Appointment / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) / Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.