Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,198 members, 7,880,738 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:06 AM

PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries (66010 Views)

Lagbaja On Doyin Okupe's Comment On Why Nigeria Cannot Get New Trains / Doyin Okupe: NIGERIA CAN'T AFFORD Brand New Trains, It Is Not America / PHOTOS: Comparison Of Gej's New Trains To Train From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:44am On Dec 29, 2014
India

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:45am On Dec 29, 2014
Pakistan

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:45am On Dec 29, 2014
Guatamala

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:52am On Dec 29, 2014
Sri Lanka

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:54am On Dec 29, 2014
Myanmar (Burma)

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 3:58am On Dec 29, 2014
India

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:04am On Dec 29, 2014
Zambia

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Andibot(m): 4:04am On Dec 29, 2014
All I see now re negative criticisms. I expect u all to criticize based on engine power, total number of passengers allowed in, days of shuttle, comfort, durability And even maintenance. Not just to base our criticism on mere beauty n politics!
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:06am On Dec 29, 2014
Sierra Leone

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:08am On Dec 29, 2014
Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:10am On Dec 29, 2014
Uganda

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:13am On Dec 29, 2014
Kenya

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:15am On Dec 29, 2014
Tanzania

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Ethiopia

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:23am On Dec 29, 2014
[size=18pt]Nigerian railway is still undeveloped, but it is making great progress.
You can clearly see the Nigerian trains and coaches are not the worst in the world as this thread tries to portray by comparing Nigeria to Japan,Brazil, USA and UK.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:42am On Dec 29, 2014
Ghana:
The newly acquired Ghana railway coaches being taunted to be better than Nigeria's is here. Judge for yourself if apart from paint design, if Ghana train is better in anyway to Nigeria's above.
Note: Nigeria's coaches are air-conditioned!!!

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by cjrane: 4:58am On Dec 29, 2014
[size=16pt]Now to the bitter truth:

Which Train did Buhari buy for Nigerians as Head of State or PTF Chairman??

Answer: NONE !!! Not even ONE!
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Adesam01(m): 6:59am On Dec 29, 2014
Geostatistical:
Hong Kong

See train station like airport!
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by DaBullIT(m): 9:13am On Dec 29, 2014
Beno3:

You are not only clueless, but insensible. those countries you compare nija with, started with COAL engine and landed were you see them now. The past governments were busy looting money as if they did not know that something like train exist. Now that we are starting somewhere, BAD BELLE like you don't see anything good about it. I don't blame you because we are still waiting for you APC gov AMECHI's MONO RAIL.

Chairman , you are highly mouthed but as I expected , no sense , the ones they bought now runs on electricity abi petrol ?
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2014
cjrane:
Costa Rica

This is Costa Rica.

1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2014
shakazuldadon:
before you had breasts you started with nipples abi..... besides KPMG adjudged Nigeria railway project under among the top 100 infrastructure projects in the world..... you never walk una wan fly.....mtschewww
God bless you brother
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2014
I met two patriotic Nigerians on Nairaland 2day, Shakazuldadon and collynzo22
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2014
Weselion:
I met two patriotic Nigerians on Nairaland 2day, Shakazuldadon and collynzo22

Blind Patriotism.

Exactly what the Germans said about each other under Hitler
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Ezemust: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
LRNZH:

This is my opinion. It is not a sin per se but the rail project will not reach a sustainable stage in my opinion.

The rail project is currently not sustainable because the fundamentals of the economy are lacking as I will explain bekow:

No power to run small businesses and industries.
No refineries to reduce Gov't spending of forex on importing fuel and subsidising them
No security for people to settle and travel freely to conduct their businesses.

You will agree with me that the rail project is still in its infancy because they're still laying tracks and importing locomotives. Stations are yet to be modernised.

The amount of spending needed to get rail transport to the level where it can sustain itself is a lot of US Billions which the Gov't doesn't have at the moment if you have been following the news lately.
Infact the progress made so far in the rail project is based on loans from China.

With low oil prices bound to persist for much of next year and the high level of corruption, many projects will die immature deaths and the rail project is one very likely candidate.

To even show you the level of sincerity of the Gov't, instead of a technocrat in the transport industry, they handed over the Railways to Bamanga Tukur as a political appointment to appease Mama Piss.

Until we get the three fundamentals of Security, Power and start refining our own fuel to save forex, any capital intensive project in Nigeria is on shaky foundation.

I hope this helps.
u r viewing everything with a negative lens,thus everything is blur in ur view and ur sight shortend.THE RAIL TRANSFORMATION AGENDA IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A SUCCESS.if u r looking for a faild rail programe then u be talking about the river state monrail project.one dont climb a tree from the top.IN HIS DICLARATION SPEECH,PRESIDENT JONATHAN SAID THAT HIS ADMINSTRATION WILL NT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE RAIL PROJECT EVEN IF GIVEN ANOTHER 4YRS.THAT HE'S MERELY LAYING A FOUNDATION 4 D COMING ADMINSTRATION TO WORK WITH.now that's honesty n that's wat most of our politicians lack.wat u r trying to say,if i understand u poperly is that the rail project wont be sustainable.wat would have being unsustainable about the rail project is if d govmt had gone straight to fast n electric train which d masses cant afford n d power situation wont help either.so without saying much i stand to disagre with u

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ezemust:
u r viewing everything with a negative lens,thus everything is blur in ur view and ur sight shortend.THE RAIL TRANSFORMATION AGENDA IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A SUCCESS.if u r looking for a faild rail programe then u be talking about the river state monrail project.one dont climb a tree from the top.IN HIS DICLARATION SPEECH,PRESIDENT JONATHAN SAID THAT HIS ADMINSTRATION WILL NT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE RAIL PROJECT EVEN IF GIVEN ANOTHER 4YRS.THAT HE'S MERELY LAYING A FOUNDATION 4 D COMING ADMINSTRATION TO WORK WITH.now that's honesty n that's wat most of our politicians lack.wat u r trying to say,if i understand u poperly is that the rail project wont be sustainable.wat would have being unsustainable about the rail project is if d govmt had gone straight to fast n electric train which d masses cant afford n d power situation wont help either.so without saying much i stand to disagre with u

Why dont you come to this thread and express your opinion
if you think Railways should be the most important priority of GEJ's govt.

https://www.nairaland.com/2066509/hard-analysis-what-should-top
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
LRNZH:

Blind Patriotism.

Exactly what the Germans said about each other under Hitler
You are wrong bro, those European countries you've been showing us did not get to that level once. If our previous government brought something like thin 1980 and maintained it, at least before now, it would have improved to something better. But they all left it to rot bro, Gej had to start from the scratch.

You want us to jump into electric trains when the government is still trying to make electricity available to the masses. If we purchase those very expensive trains, will Nigerians be able to patronize cos I know the transport fare will be expensive, won't Nigerians still patronize normal road transport than the rails. Things are done gradually brother, learn to appreciate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
Weselion:
You are wrong bro, those European countries you've been showing us did not get to that level once. If our previous government brought something like thin 1980 and maintained it, at least before now, it would have improved to something better. But they all left it to rot bro, Gej had to start from the scratch.

You want us to jump into electric trains when the government is still trying to make electricity available to the masses. If we purchase those very expensive trains, will Nigerians be able to patronize cos I know the transport fare will be expensive, won't Nigerians still patronize normal road transport than the rails. Things are done gradually brother, learn to appreciate.

Come here lets talk: https://www.nairaland.com/2066509/hard-analysis-what-should-top
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
Weselion:

This is how rational minds ought to reason

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by vivalavida(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Weselion:

God bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Dsegsam(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nogen:

If Buhari hadn't cancel the construction of our train/ rail system when he was the head of state, and past heads of states and president totally abandoning it, imagine where we would have been by now!
abi oo bros....and some folks would start shouting WHAT HAS THE CLUeless man done!yu can Imagin that...They want the rial system to start 2day and should be used today. .....one love Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by LRNZH(m): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Dsegsam:
abi oo bros....and some folks would start shouting WHAT HAS THE CLUeless man done!yu can Imagin that...They want the rial sister to start 2day and should be used today. .....one love Nigeria

Before you make too much noise, check this first

https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/pics-pwc-audit-report-what-true
Re: PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries by Horus(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2014

A train in Japan traveling at speeds over 310 mph!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Attahiru Jega Gets JAMB Appointment / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) / Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.