Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,821 members, 7,872,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents (9094 Views)

Do Nigerian Women Accept Flowers As Romantic Gifts ? / Why Don't Nigerian Girls Appreciate Flowers As Gifts? / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

I love receiving flowers on any occasion It's so thoughtful of the man to take time out of his busy day to think of you in such a sweet and romantic way.
My father use to bring my mother flowers home every friday and ice cream for us kids, and then take her out to dinner. Friday was their date nite after marriage.
i am sure dem raise u abroad because a true bred naija girl go throway the flower for waste bin after the guy discharge. grin
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

lol grin grin grin How are Naija wives responsible for their husbands not taking them out on dates?
nah we the men are at fault we aint romantic, we don't know to how to treat a lady you will hadly see a naija man opening the door of a car for his wife
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by khiaa(f): 2:07am On Dec 30, 2014
lefulefu:

i am sure dem raise u abroad because a true bred naija girl go throway the flower for waste bin after the guy discharge. grin

I'm not Nigerian I'm American and why would a woman throw away beautiful flowers?
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by khiaa(f): 2:11am On Dec 30, 2014
samflexxy:
nah we the men are at fault we aint romantic, we don't know to how to treat a lady you will hadly see a naija man opening the door of a car for his wife

Yeah, well the women have to teach/train grin the men on how they want to be treated.
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

Yeah, well the women have to teach/train grin the man on how they want to be treated.
cheesy you can say that again, but naija mehn are just anti-romantic as my old friend will say
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

I'm not Nigerian I'm American and why would a woman throw away beautiful flowers?
ohh dat explains it
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by khiaa(f): 2:20am On Dec 30, 2014
lefulefu:

ohh dat explains it

Explains what?
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 30, 2014
samflexxy:
But Bros rememBer that when you act romantic in naija to your woman the same woman will go aBout saying she hAS a woman wrapper or a weakling for a husBand or Boyfriend grin
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

Explains what?
it explains why u love flowers because in the west flowers are a symbol of love but its different over here.
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 30, 2014
lefulefu:

But Bros rememBer that when you act romantic in naija to your woman the same woman will go aBout saying she hAS a woman wrapper or a weakling for a husBand or Boyfriend grin
lols exactly broda we nigerians have a weird way of thinking are times
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by agarawu23(m): 4:46am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

Why do it always have to be a white girl some of you use in comparison? Is a white girl the the ultimate girl, a symbol of what all women should strive to be like? sad sad sad
sad frm today till tommorrow, I won't change my words tongue
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by francizy(m): 6:25am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

I love receiving flowers on any occasion It's so thoughtful of the man to take time out of his busy day to think of you in such a sweet and romantic way.
My father use to bring my mother flowers home every friday and ice cream for us kids, and then take her out to dinner. Friday was their date nite after marriage.

Some people down here will think flowers are vegetables. When given to them, they slice it up and put it in their soup.
Other Nigerian girls will ask a guy that presents her flowers if she looks like a goat that eats raw vegetables.. grin
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by khiaa(f): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2014
agarawu23:
sad frm today till tommorrow, I won't change my words tongue

Then you are a sorry excuse for an African black man. You come online and disrespect your women for the women that their own men see as voltures. I'm positive that you haven't met a white girl in your life. SHAME ON YOU FOR TOMING. sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by khiaa(f): 9:18am On Dec 30, 2014
francizy:

Some people down here will think flowers are vegetables. When given to them, they slice it up and put it in their soup.
Other Nigerian girls will ask a guy that presents her flowers if she looks like a goat that eats raw vegetables.. grin

lol grin grin grin You can't be serious!!!
You guys can be so hilarious.
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by khiaa(f): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2014
lefulefu:

it explains why u love flowers because in the west flowers are a symbol of love but its different over here.

I wish the women could see what a loving gesture that can be but maybe they are stressed out about more important things that are going on in their lives.
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by francizy(m): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

Am talking Nigeria dear.. The second is pretty much possible!
Saw a Hollywood movie sometimes back. A guy bought his date carrots instead of flowers. She took the carrots from him happily. Is it possible in real life situation?
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by francizy(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

You guys can be so hilarious.

Tho I haven't dated a non-Nigherian yet, I still love my Nigerian girls cause they make good wives and won't divorce a man just because he forgot to feed her cat... grin grin grin
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by khiaa(f): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2014
francizy:

Am talking Nigeria dear.. The second is pretty much possible!
Saw a Hollywood movie sometimes back. A guy bought his date carrots instead of flowers. She took the carrots from him happily. Is it possible over there?

Lol.... grin I'm sure it was a comedy, but to be honest any gift given to you should be appreciated, like my grandmother would always say, *Don't look a gift horse in the mouth* meaning, be thankful for the gift that is given to you, because the giver could have given it to someone else.
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by francizy(m): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

Lol.... grin I'm sure it was a comedy, but to be honest any gift given to you should be appreciated, like my grandmother would always say, *Don't look a gift horse in the mouth* meaning, be thankful for the gift that is given to you, because the giver could have given it to someone else.

Yeah, I think the movie is probably "No strings attached"...

I agree with you because its better for one to receive an inexpensive gift from someone if its given from the heart. Some guys here just like to buy girls over. They believe that once they spend money on a girl, they own that girl. Reasonable girls will opt for guys that value them rather than the ones that turn them to punch bags, while the gold diggers get the beat.
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by agarawu23(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
khiaa:

Then you are a sorry excuse for an African black man. You come online and disrespect your women for the women that their own men see as voltures. I'm positive that you haven't met a white girl in your life. SHAME ON YOU FOR TOMING. sad sad sad
traches tongue
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by GoodFaith: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Flower?
Hell to the NO
Cash is king to Nigerian women 99%
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
francizy:

grin
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
GoodFaith:
Flower?
Hell to the NO
Cash is king to Nigerian women 99%
lols I tell you
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Liamm(m): 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
francizy:

khiaa, disregard this as it's unfounded and has no iota of truth in it. Not Even the lady in the most primitive part of this country would ponder it. Quite hyperbolic I'd say.
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by KingTom(m): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
samflexxy:
lols don't mind kingtom na enemy of progress

E wan derail my thread cheesy good night dearie sleep tight
Weyrey grin
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by francizy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Liamm:
khiaa, disregard this as it's unfounded and has no iota of truth in it. Not Even the lady in the most primitive part of this country would ponder it. Quite hyperbolic I'd say.

Seems like people don't joke in your world or wherever it is you came from.
She actually didn't need you telling her that I wasn't serious about what I said and it was a mere harmless joke.. angry undecided
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by StormAngel(f): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
Flower is even better. Ma bf gav me a guava branch lolz angry
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Liamm(m): 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
francizy:

Seems like people don't joke in your world or wherever it is you came from.
She actually didn't need you telling her that I wasn't serious about what I said and it was a mere harmless joke.. angry undecided
I understand you were trying to be funny but lets see it this way -

Someone somewhere probably not in nigeria and probably not khiaa might read it and believe it as it is. just like making a bad impression on OUR ladies. Innit?
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
samflexxy:
I bought a friend of mine(female)flowers on christmas day, expensive ones(whiterose), and her reaction was like "huh" thank you sha" with a straight face, I felt humiliated. So here comes the question do naija babes find flower and maybe chocolate as an ideal gift?

nail girls ruined black boys for white girls. he never gets me flowers and i think its tradition he learned back home
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by adebisicutie: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
lefulefu:

I was born and raised in Nigeria, I love receiving flowers. Infact my husband knows that all he has to give me for most celebrations is flowers. I think the problem is poverty mentality, people in Nigeria seem to view birthdays and celebrations as opportunity to acquire things undecided if one can afford to buy the phone , shoes or whatever you want I don't think one would be so focused on getting such things as presents. I'm always shocked when I see people giving out things like phones even for Valentine's day undecided all that should be exchanged is flowers, chocolate and maybe teddy bears basically romantic stuff. What is romantic about phone or clothes if not for poverty lipsrsealed
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
StormAngel:
Flower is even better. Ma bf gav me a guava branch lolz angry

pic of the guava branch or wedonbilivit grin
Re: Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents by sugarsoul(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Flowers make them sneeze. Hehehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Ladies Don't' Shave Their Pussy. / If Your Wife/girlfriend Is Not From Imo State, Forget It! (photo) / EROT'IC STORY! The Betrayal After Sexual Pleasure (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.