Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:02 AM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (609716 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 5:59am On Jul 10, 2015
$GBPAUD still pushing to lower highs and lows >>#2.049 #2.042,
a bounce to up side still possible
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jendy36(m): 7:35am On Jul 10, 2015
jendy36:
Gn sell stop @2.2715 SL and TP: Traders discretion. Nothing is guaranteed! Trade defensively not offensively!
Ej buy and gj buy @cmp
Who was on this with me...ej closed @+110, chai, I run commit for gj... gn got triggered
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jendy36(m): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2015
Gu buy stop @.5420 SL and TP traders discretion Nothing is guaranteed! Trade defensively not offensively!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Capitals:

Sorry to take you back bro, This is what I was trying to point out the other day. But do you keep stock of your trades after exiting to see what the average maximum potential of each trade could have been. Not like its my business anyway nor am I trying to tell how you run your portfolio, but your call above is yet to hit sl and has doubled its tp.

Honestly from the trades you have called I feel we run a very similar strategy, but you do that as a day trader and getting results, thats why I m interested

Well done boss.. You are right we are looking at the same zones.. I don't know the timeframe you are watching for your own zones or your trigger, risk, exit etc. but the 1 hr you displayed looks as if you were looking at my computer smiley

Regarding your question, yes I take notes that's why I changed to exiting at 100 pips months ago. 60% of the time price reverses several times back into my zone after moving 100+ pips. On very rare occasions it will head all the way straight to the opposite zone at 200-300+ pips. (It happened just 3 times last month). I just take new trades with each movement back there and it adds up pretty nicely especially when you are doing it on 5 pairs.

I have displayed where I re-entered trades on EN since then. The red one gave just 20 pips. The other two moved to full TP. That's 320 pips if you add that first one. I will have to tie down capital if I was holding the trade to wait for 300 pips straight and probably use stop loss much larger than 100 pips.

I love the way you are trying to make me see reasons to start holding.. Maybe if I know the timeframe you watch for your zones I can demo it for a few months. Thanks.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 7:53am On Jul 10, 2015
EJ ran away without me.. No probs. Waiting for it just above 136.. Waiting for EA above 49. Market looks quiet so I doubt we will see those levels today sha.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2015
raycolz84:
Some of us don't just learn

Lol.. We eventually learn the costly way. smiley

@Joel.. 5% risk per trade looks great but will you be able to withstand the blood rush that will happen when you lose 3-4 straight trades? If you take multiple trades it becomes possible to lose a massive 25-30% of your account in one bad day.

Again.. Doubling lot size in the middle of the month is risky. It can mess up the metrics of the system for the month especially when you consider that your green patch came when GJ trended heavily.

Not asking you to change anything o as I can see through the sound of your comments.

Just putting my opinion out here.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jendy36(m): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Nu buy stop @.6770 SL and TP traders discretion Nothing is guaranteed! Trade defensively not offensively!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2015
Some are busy saying the market isnt moving, from all indications The market is moving just fine, the YEN pairs especially....entry timing
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jendy36(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2015
Shevychen2:
EJ ran away without me.. No probs. Waiting for it just above 136.. Waiting for EA above 49. Market looks quiet so I doubt we will see those levels today sha.

Boss, ej and EA buy or sell.?
From my system here, ej above 136, might be good for buy, but on EA, that dark cloud cover might signal its facing south soonest.
My 2cents though.
Nothing is guaranteed!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 8:18am On Jul 10, 2015
jendy36:

Boss, ej and EA buy or sell.?
From my system here, ej above 136, might be good for buy, but on EA, that dark cloud cover might signal its facing south soonest.
My 2cents though.
Nothing is guaranteed!
I never buy from above bro.. Will watch momentum when price heads into those areas and stay out till I see weakness and sell.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2015
I trade just one pair at a time, specifically GBPJPY or GBPAUD ,i dont open any other trade except am in profit already then i can add to my existing trading pair or open another trade when i find an opportunity. because of the volatility and my money management requirement for my system (to meet the requirement) I only trade GBPAUD GBPJPY as intraday (ofcourse due to its high daily range)and other pairs as position or swing (long term).
with my system i could lose 5 trades consecutively and still make up with a profit on 6th trade.(i try to keep my loses as small as possible)
my risk level is already mapped out, so the scale up in position sizing becomes neccesary, i could either withdraw my initial investment and continue trading with profits made or keep it as back up fund for the unexpected or and just scale up proportionally
#500 ..X1
#1000 X2
#1500 X3
#2000 X4
all ammounts to the same level of risk (which i can handle)but higher ROI
calculated risks i mean
Now 200% profit in a week
Shevychen2:

Lol.. We eventually learn the costly way. smiley

@Joel.. 5% risk per trade looks great but will you be able to withstand the blood rush that will happen when you lose 3-4 straight trades? If you take multiple trades it becomes possible to lose a massive 25-30% of your account in one bad day.

Again.. Doubling lot size in the middle of the month is risky. It can mess up the metrics of the system for the month especially when you consider that your green patch came when GJ trended heavily.

Not asking you to change anything o. Just putting my opinion out here.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 8:43am On Jul 10, 2015
^^ All the best bro.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by furetin20: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2015
Greetings
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by raycolz84: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2015
Shevychen2:
^^ All the best bro.

Abi oo..
What more can one say
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by raycolz84: 9:26am On Jul 10, 2015
Buy low.. Sell high
Although this rule is broken sometimes
But not too often
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by endfx1(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2015
endfx1:
GJ
Sell stop @ 186.44
Sl @ 187.44
TP @ 183.43
Apply due diligence

GU
Sell stop @ 1.5373
SL @ 1.5430
TP 1.5060
Apply due diligence
Red devil everywhere oboy...... SL hit
I move on.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Ogboraph(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2015
Ogboraph:
ALERT ALERT ALERT Buy GBPUSD@1.53830 ,TP@1.54850, SL@1.53600
this morning i gave this Alert but some were sleeping Trade still runing First target hit targeting 1.57*** to 1.6000 next week grin grin grin grin grin grin grin soon account will read 5k for this month

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by raycolz84: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2015
Market to dey look anybody face ooo
In one week
More than five hundred pips downwards
And bout 400 pips upward
Welcome to the real world of forex where anything can happen
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by currentprice: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2015
currentprice:

let continue the eating and clean mouth little by little grin

my trade on EA and EU closed this morning,,,,,, what left for me in the market is my usd.cad

EA, GA according to my chart calling for buy, buy, buy,,,,,,, i want to believe the current falling was due to fundamental "the early morning positive data from AUD" good trade is to stand out for the fundamental to fade out probably till today market close.,,,,price candle at the next market opening would give more clue. for me it a BUY.
EU yet to go bearish on my chart,,,, GU currently below support but my chart say don't sell wait for it to climb the support back up to look for the rejection to BUY,,,, EJOMA "EJ"is a BUY

YOU ARE THE CEO OF YOUR TRADING ACCT. MANAGE IT WELL

All my trades on mention pair doing wonderfully well. grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by rozayx5(m): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2015
jorel1:
After being humbled by the market in previous years , learnt strategy turned $500 account to $1200 (120% ROI) in one week. next week scale up lot size by x2.
risk only 3-5% of my account size for each trade.

all these high targets put a trader under uneccesary pressure..not good

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by mrikay: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2015
Masters Shevychen and Capitals... Beware! You have got a disciple. Me!

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by donkripton(m): 10:46am On Jul 10, 2015
Ogboraph:
this morning i gave this Alert but some were sleeping Trade still runing First target hit targeting 1.57*** to 1.6000 next week grin grin grin grin grin grin grin soon account will read 5k for this month
Please which EA are you using to create signals
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2015
LOL, i dont have a target,, i just trade and as long as am in profit am happy.. however i had a target of only 35 pips for the week but ended up with 1200 pips . was i suppose to reject the blessing grin grin?
rozayx5:

all these high targets put a trader under uneccesary pressure..not good
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Shevychen2:

Well done boss.. You are right we are looking at the same zones.. I don't know the timeframe you are watching for your own zones or your trigger, risk, exit etc. but the 1 hr you displayed looks as if you were looking at my computer smiley

Regarding your question, yes I take notes that's why I changed to exiting at 100 pips months ago. 60% of the time price reverses several times back into my zone after moving 100+ pips. On very rare occasions it will head all the way straight to the opposite zone at 200-300+ pips. (It happened just 3 times last month). I just take new trades with each movement back there and it adds up pretty nicely especially when you are doing it on 5 pairs.

I have displayed where I re-entered trades on EN since then. The red one gave just 20 pips. The other two moved to full TP. That's 320 pips if you add that first one. I will have to tie down capital if I was holding the trade to wait for 300 pips straight and probably use stop loss much larger than 100 pips.

I love the way you are trying to make me see reasons to start holding.. Maybe if I know the timeframe you watch for your zones I can demo it for a few months. Thanks.

I m also looking to demo trade the concept of day trading, but I run that for at least one year before anything, I dont feel the need to rush it in since I already got something good going (and will be doing it for most of the rest of my life anyway), you and ziqq (though he was risking too much per trade IMO) actually made me reconsider my stance on daytrading.

I run through all the time frames, but the combo of weekly and daily helps me decide if to take d trade. Like our EN case study the weekly was good and the daily wasnt bad but wasn't clear either, thats why I stayed back. The other TF I use to nurse and monitor the trades sort of as indicators.
You already hit the downside on the head: capital and sometimes risks get tied down for days/weeks.

you seen any of Sam's pieces?, just wondering. . .
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2015
#GBPAUD, Seems it found a price rejection at previous resistance,
could possibly go down more than 200 pips for a down trend, or
could bounce up from 2.061 previous support level.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 11:02am On Jul 10, 2015
mrikay:

bro, we are all learning and one thing I have learnt is virtually everything bows to persistence
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2015
something tells me the American session is coming in with the retracements and probably trend continuation till end of trading day/week,
now is good time for profit taking. wait possible re-entry with retracement
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Capitals:

you seen any of Sam's pieces?, just wondering. . .

Seiden? yep but found his methods a bit uncomfortable.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 11:55am On Jul 10, 2015
mrikay:

Capitals:

bro, we are all learning and one thing I have learnt is virtually everything bows to persistence

In addition, mrikay.. You may not find this method appealing because of the level of discipline required to watch all those moves happening away from your level and you are not doing anything. For instance EJ and EN have smashed that level I was watching..And no signs of slowing down so far. Some have made 100s of pips today already so consider carefully smiley
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
#USDJPY SUDDENLY MOVING LIKE A SNAIL
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Shevychen2:

Seiden? yep but found his methods a bit uncomfortable.

No wonder there are similarities. His methods? I prefer the concepts he proposes, it helped coin out my strategy. His articles are screened by the academy before they are put out in public, that's in fairness to students that pay for classes, the day I heard him say this I stopped searching for his 'strategy' as I know it must have been screened out and started building on his concepts.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jamace(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
EUR/USD

SELL @ 1.12000
TP @ 1.11000
SL @ 1.12500

Leggo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (354) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.