Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,833 members, 7,938,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (150054 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2010
@ NETOTSE,
congrats bro . . . . . .and welcome to south. Let's hook up one of these days.
cheers
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
Nnaa men,
We're drawing up training plans for next year and me i've made up my mind that am gonna be getting international training slots. I've arranged all the available ones and submitted.
That'll basically form my 31st night prayers grin  grin

Am tired of Kimberly Ryan/ Phillips consulting/I-skills/Tom Associates/Mitch consulting bunch cool
It's time to step up to the plate, see what's happening on the world stage.

@Neto,
If you are coming to Lasgidi, i advice you first of all get a high sounding alarm clock  grin cos you'll need a whole lotta wake up time adjustment  grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by axeman85(m): 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
well also finally handed in my resignation letter after much discussions with my better half. they were shocked when i handed in my letter of ocure i take grammer hold them and make they know say na them tell me make i resign since them no wan give me leave go do nysc for 9ja.

so looking 4ward to my exit interview and to face life as a corper come feb/march 2011 and see what Lagos has in store for me.
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^ nice one. wish u the best
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
debosky:

You should be ashamed of yourself. grin

Why should I be ashamed? My oga is biking all over Texas and he expect me to hold forte,

Me sef dey find girls to ride o this Nairaland
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
@neto,
congrats o. Nice Xmas present abi?
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Why should I be ashamed? My oga is biking all over Texas and he expect me to hold forte,

Me sef dey find girls to ride o this Nairaland

You do well. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 2:33am On Dec 23, 2010
Jcob:

@ NETOTSE,
congrats bro . . . . . .and welcome to south. Let's hook up one of these days.
cheers
thanks. . .hopefully you'll have time(you know you're now the busy one. . .lol)

cecegorz:

@Neto,
If you are coming to Lasgidi, i advice you first of all get a high sounding alarm clock  grin cos you'll need a whole lotta wake up time adjustment  grin
My brother na so we see am o. . .God dey sha. . . grin

AjanleKoko:

@neto,
congrats o. Nice Xmas present abi?

lol. . .thanks (well, i woulda preferred a wife, a house and 3 kids but then i'll manage this one. . . grin)
Re: Welcome To My Office by medjai(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2010
netotse:

hey ppl,

Ok, so after 6 months of mixed experiences, i just turned in my resignation grin the man is too caught up with his new contracts to really bother sha, he just said ok. . .(the evil fella wants to hold me to the one months notice or in lieu a months salary thingy in my contract. . .na God go deal with am for me. . .lol)

I'm going to be moving south in the new year(not oil and gas though), this time i'll be more involved with machines sha. . .

things i'll miss from this current job:

Knowing what's going on in abj, i'm around some really connected people, gist dey fly wella.

Lau lau. . .i rarely get to work before 9, and it's a pretty laid back atmosphere.

My boss trying to code stuff from me(the man dey always fail. . .lol)

My colleagues. . .i've become attached to these folks  cry

All the Mind games sha. . .i had fun.

etc etc.

things i wont miss.

Earning peanuts(sometimes i wonder how i even came to accept the darn offer sef. . .lol)

Being treated as if i didn't go to school. . .(all the assignments i dubbed cant be in vain now. . .haba!)

Being passed up for field trips.(what am i an engineer for if i dont get to go to the field? )

P.S.
I'll gist you guys about my new job when i resume(jan 10th). . .but till then, i'm blissfully unemployed. . .lol.

Congrats bruv, we go wash am o!

Everyone else is resuming on Jan 10th, mine is Jan 5th. These Indians ehn. . . angry
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
medjai:

Congrats bruv, we go wash am o!

Everyone else is resuming on Jan 10th, mine is Jan 5th. These Indians ehn. . . angry

I wish wink Me i dey office every day apart from the official public hols.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
@Topic,
I am all set for the hols jare. I dey disappear from this town over the weekend, to resurface in January.

Just one sore point. I don tire for sending all dem hampers to my Legal/Compliance department. I no know whether motherless babies dey swig Moet and Hennessey. Well sha, I just have to pick my rice quietly and go home embarassed
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^
yeah, who says motherless babies can't be born with golden spoons grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
i'm rolling on the floor laughing. . .my boss saw me printing a bulky document on the admin babes computer and fear catch the man instantly. . .maybe he thinks i'm gathering info on all his shady dealings. . .he's now trying to mask the fear. If only he knew it was "speed control of motors" i was printing. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^

dude, be CAREFUL, really. do what u can to get ideas like that out of his head. in yankee they simply fk up the careers of whistleblowers who get caught. in naija they get them arrested or assassinated.

@all, been in office only in body for the past two days

got all sorts of geeky stuff planned for the break.

already started on an annoying note, i seem to have bricked my new 1tb portable hdd sad angry
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
oyb:

^^^

dude, be CAREFUL, really. do what u can to get ideas like that out of his head. in yankee they simply fk up the careers of whistleblowers who get caught. in naija they get them arrested or assassinated.

@all, been in office only in body for the past two days

got all sorts of geeky stuff planned for the break.

already started on an annoying note, i seem to have bricked my new 1tb portable hdd   sad angry

thanks for the advice o. . .me i dont have energy to fight anyone grin, tomorrow's my last day, make i go drop their one months salary in lieu of notice. . .nothing is worth it o. . .you've been scarce sef been meaning to thank you for the book recommendation. . .sey you got enough rice for two sha? the boys are loyal! grin cool

P.S.
please accept my condolences on the loss of your harddrive, it will be sorely missed.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2010
**yarning*** catching my first nap in the last 3 days. Boys aint smiling and the year still has some days to change name. Preparing to launch a techo product before 1/1/11 and fine tuning with the development team has been a major issue, as if putting finishing touches to a project is the hardest in project execution.

PS: any problems with greeting card ? Ain't seeing more of it these days.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2010
^^
With SMS, people hardly bother with cards these days, as you can text just about anybody your greetings.
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
@All
As we leave the office today to hit the holidays, let's remember that troubles never go on holidays.

Drive carefully and eat/drink in moderation, especially, 'don't drive, drunk' I will like to have y'all back in good shape as we resume.

P.S.
AS i drove out of the street to work this morning, i saw a beautiful Benz C200 flatened out by an electric pole just by my junction, dude probably started the holidays wild and early and together with his prized Benz, ended up a broken pieces.

It won't be our portion in Jesus name cheesy

[size=14pt]                                             MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS![/size]
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2010
^^
Thanks bro. Wishing you the same.
Re: Welcome To My Office by yodiyokun(f): 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
medjai:

My God! Isiala Ngwa, Abia state, I served there too. 2008 Batch B.
They obviously didn't "eat you" - remember the popular legend? LOL
@op: we are closing for the year, today. It's been a wonderful year

grin Very crazy legend. My Father's ibo friend told me to be very careful and almsot scared me shitless before i arrived on Camp.

Thank God I was re-deployed to Oyo state after camp. I was there 2nd Batch 1998.

@ topic, My while family and I have been down with the flu since Tuesday. I was shivering like a wet dog yesterday. Chei! 2 days to xmas. Not good not good at all.
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2010
Sup sup folks.

Can see y'all have been busy.

@ 9 to 5 has been a real grind this past two weeks but thankfully it has all come to an end (for next two weeks at least)

CBN did not help matters with their suspension of FX sales last week. But sharp guys be smiling to the bank cos we saw two to three point spike in USD price.
Though things cooled a bit as at yesterday.

The Customers were also pouring in the xmas/appreciation gifts (even though coy policy dictates i declare, Who go do that one kwanu)
Got me one Live chicken and a Turkey though that status 'Live" go change by 7.00am sharp tomorrow.

Y'all have a blast now, i sure am gonna have one.

PS.  Also one thing i noticed when it comes to gifting, I was more than generous this year doling out the gifts (cash & kind) and boy oh boy i got it back 100 fold.
So i say Give for it shall be given back unto you 100fold.

Peace y'all
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2010
Hey diggler,
Long time, we missed you here. Good to know the yuletide meets you in good shape.
Have a blast and don't forget to send some turkey our waysmiley
Joyeux Noel!
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2010
Merry Christmas people. . .

@diggler
that your generousity never complete o. . .you for like send some dead presidents come my side now tongue grin

@yodiyokun
hope y'all are feeling better now. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by yodiyokun(f): 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2010
Merry Christmas to everyone and all.

Yodiyokun
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 9:36am On Dec 26, 2010
Seasons greetings oh!

Enjoyment mode and work resumes for me on d 10th. Taking stock of 2010, sidekicks, bonuses, and private biz, I think God don try! 2011 shall be better IJN!

Wishing you a fruitful year ahead

@Ajanlekoko
Tolulops sent me a FB message that she has been banned from posting on NL. She specifically asked me to ask YOU to help her oh!

Thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office by axeman85(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2010
xmas bad for this UK wella jare. been same since i got here long time ago and still the same. this time around no xmas food or meat. had t make sardine sauce with rice and spaghetti with 2 full cups of hot tea. undecided

yeye bank say make we coem for xmas eve so was at work from 10:30 till 12:30, well not bad sha them go pay me full day salary. besides days are numbered. looking 4ward to the weekend and 2days break with youtube watching movies.

wetin man for do.

Merry newyear everybody. Happy boxing day.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tolulop001(f): 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2010
tkb417:

@Ajanlekoko
Tolulops sent me a FB message that she has been banned from posting on NL. She specifically asked me to ask YOU to help her oh!

Thanks

E ma se oh! i dont know wetin i do boys cheesy

joor oh! i dint ask for Ajanlekoko in particular, i said , and i quote 'help me beg the ogas at NL to unban me' LOLOL
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2010
I have only one Oga on NL and its Ajanlekoko

Uve been unbanned so no case closed!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tolulop001(f): 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
^^^ ok sah!

na wah for you oh! went AWOL on gals sad
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
Tolulop001:

^^^ ok sah!

na wah for you oh! went AWOL on gals sad
it's not only girls o. . .i don begin dey wonder whether female militants don kidnap tkb for calabar o. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
Sorry Tolu, I didn't get this msg on time. Nice to know you're unbanned though. Try not to run foul of the law oh  grin

@All, how was Xmas? Mine was hectic. As the late great weedie would say, waka waka waka embarassed

Threw an open house on Xmas day, missed an open house thrown by a colleague today, I have my running shoes on, ready to pense out of this town tomorrow. I certainly won't miss PHCN and the mosquitoes. grin

netotse:

it's not only girls o. . .i don begin dey wonder whether female militants don kidnap tkb for calabar o. . .

No wonder, na there he dey since, dey 'negotiate' for peaceful surrender of dem female militants grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 1:14am On Dec 27, 2010
Hehehe

E serious oh!

@Tolu
No vex ma! Na somethn dey put me outta reach. So wa alright?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (77) (Reply)

COREN Registration Thread / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.