Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,833 members, 7,938,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (150053 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^
When a lady (yodiyokun) has already co-signed the fact, you still dey sulk?

yodiyokun:

Congratulations Jarus on your new status, expect your midsection to increase by 5 inches soonest lol!

You see what you women like to do to people now angry

After the damage is done, una go dey complain cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Jarus
congrats o. . .no be small thing.

@tkb
when your own dey come?

@thread

hey pple, cant rem when last i was in a cybercafe, but oh well, it's for a good cause. . .lol

started work on the 10th, have been unable to find a sensible internet connection ever since.

We(my batch) are undergoing mandatory 40hrs safety training before we're unleashed on the poor plant grin

I work in a multinational somewhere in the south-west, we're currently expanding our operations in Nigeria and I'm part of the operations preparations team(OPT) for a new plant(plant is meant to come online sometime in the 2nd quarter) it's being built across the road from one of our older plants so there's a bit of beef between the workers in the old plant and us (the OPT).

Basically, we're new so we still get picked up from the hotel and dropped back after work. The work environment is informal(the whole first name thingy) so that's a bit of a plus, i hear we were the subject of a couple of jokes cos my batch showed up at the training school dressed corporately(wetin dem expect make person wear on the first day of work nii?)

Anyways, i'll be back when i find a sensible internet connection or when i'm done in training school(whichever comes first). . .safe
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2011
On this Pension thing. While working I think my workplace deducted from my salary every month and remmited to IBTC pension managers.

I think the amount is close to 1 million over my working time.

Question I no longer work in Nigeria, Can I request that they give me my money? make I use am buy Maserati?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^
One million what?
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 10:45pm On Jan 13, 2011
Cedis ( before revaluation grin)

Congrats Jarus. . . . welcome to the club. cool

Congrats to netotse and candy who've started new jobs and howdy to all the other good folk in the house.

Work is really beginning to piss me off. . . .can these stupid Arabs give me back my passport before I vex patapata. Imagine holding onto my green pali for nearly 3 months now. . . . .I wonder whether they think I want to go and steal sand from their desert.

That aside, it's been a bit of a slow start to the year, just started work this week after an extended holiday - I still feel sleepy at 11am grin.

This my oga na real cunny man. . . .I intentionall took off the first week to dodge some meetings to avoid extra work. Oga just moved the meeting to this week so I still had to do all the leg work again.

Everyone is running from pillar to post because one of the big bosses is around to scrutinise preparedness for the next phase of the project. This is when you know power pass power - one man making like 20 big ogas run around like headless chickens. grin I hear gist about some guys being stationed on an Island during the summer for 'work' - I better start sucking up to the right peeps to get a slot, even if na one week. grin

Still waiting for gist on how the latest reorganisation will affect me. . . . apart from getting more work, don't think it'll do much else.
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
One million what?

One million Nigerian currency na.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:14am On Jan 14, 2011
dayokanu:

One million Nigerian currency na.

Na that one you wan take buy Maserati? undecided
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 12:56am On Jan 14, 2011
If I buy the tyres, at least I would buy the other parts later
Re: Welcome To My Office by babyx(f): 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Jarus, nor be Microfinance Bank ooo na stockbroking firm,
@Tollu , am not certain if Pencom has the anonymous deal, on a second thought am considering moving to a firm with a better structure.
@Dayokanu, u too funny, one million nor fit but Kia Picanto talk more of Maserati, not even the tyre, besides, ur PFA wont release your contribution now until you have attained retirement age of 60yrs, since you are current employed just leave am. :-)
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Tollu , am not certain if Pencom has the anonymous deal, on a second thought am considering moving to a firm with a better structure.
while it may be good to move a better-structured firm, what happens to the pension deducted so far?

@Dayokanu, u too funny, one million nor fit but Kia Picanto talk more of Maserati, not even the tyre, besides, your PFA wont release your contribution now until you have attained retirement age of 60yrs, since you are current employed just leave am. :-)
he thinks in dollars

You see what you women like to do to people now
in fact when I lost my BB a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't doing NL at 'private hours' she was happy I had time to concentrate on other things.
Re: Welcome To My Office by FunmyKemmy(f): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2011
Compliments of the season to you all.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jarus:

in fact when I lost my BB a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't doing NL at 'private hours' she was happy I had time to concentrate on other things.

cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hello People,

Happy New year to everyone and wishing you all excellent 2011

Congrats to Jarus and Netose

Was @ work from the 10th and i wondered if i should have even gone on holiday
looks like everything just stayed as they were
1st weekend and weekend work resumes, na wa ooo

@Netose, i just have a feeling you work for a guy called Jeff Imelt
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2011
Tmoni:

@Netose, i just have a feeling you work for a guy called Jeff Imelt
nice to have you back. . .

nahhhhh think french. . .our biggest competitor is dangote
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^ Ewekoro and it's environs I presume?

Nice place to work I've heard, but a friend of mine applying from the UK wasn't too impressed by the package on offer. Should be good development-wise though.
Tmoni:

Hello People,

Happy New year to everyone and wishing you all excellent 2011

Congrats to Jarus and Netose

Was @ work from the 10th and i wondered if i should have even gone on holiday
looks like everything just stayed as they were
1st weekend and weekend work resumes, na wa ooo

Bros you have to spoil me with all this your overtime money. . . . we suppose meet for lunch one of these days if you can take a break from making all that cash. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2011
debosky:

Bros you have to spoil me with all this your overtime money. . . . we suppose meet for lunch one of these days if you can take a break from making all that cash. grin

Start by sharing that bonus of yours first!!! tongue

netotse:

nahhhhh think french. . .our biggest competitor is dangote

Is it LaFarge?
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
tubabie:

Start by sharing that bonus of yours first!!! tongue

Bonus ke? I am fasting and praying right now to get one. . . .there have been quite a few leaky pipes in the past year that might prevent me getting one. sad
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2011
debosky:

Bonus ke? I am fasting and praying right now to get one. . . .there have been quite a few leaky pipes in the past year that might prevent me getting one. sad
Hmm dont worry, Baba is still in action, it will land!! grin wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2011
AMEN!!!! grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 17, 2011
ewekoro

the nightmare site

we heard double w-en in that site some three years ago when we deployed a mini fuel station there

this meant that ogas who were making money sourcing for diesel had their awoof cut off.

enough sabotaging and unfriendly customer gragra

wey that rhyme i compose for our gragra

stepping through the h2o
and creeping through the ago(automotive gas oil - diesel)
its the engineers from the ________o
putting it down at ewekoro

hah! man those were crazy times i SWEAR!
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2011
Martin Luther King day, No work
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2011
dayo,
wasn't that Saturday 15th?
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2011
Dem say na today be Holidays and work nor dey. Wetin consign me inside?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2011
lol @ dayokanu, enjoy ur day

@debosky, yes oo,,we suppose meet up some saturday afternoon,, but how youself wan collect bonus after wetin shele last year, better pack your load go Rodina if you want bonus oo, na there ee dey happen now, everybody goes east

@people,
Abeg, any idea how person fit buy Gtb GDR for LSE., any info will be really appreciated

@topic,
work getting into the groove
client moving the goalpost everyday but we no fear them
looks like we will be more contractual now, no pally pally

I dey also find money to buy Range Rover Hse ooooooo
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 5:51pm On Jan 18, 2011
hey guys
Been a while. Lemme start by congratulating Jarus, why u no invite me? Nice one man.

Not sure ill be posting from my workplace this year oh, salary and promotion aside, I don't wanna do sir sir again and I've got many stuffs lined up for d year.

Starting from next week or thereabout, trips to Dubai and Shangai are up for me. All na to make extra cash oh so I go fit marry like Jarus

@Netotse
Ol boi wassup. I dey drive past ur factory like every 2 weeks going to Abeokuta. Ill try and get ur number so we fit do small parole

@Tmoni
Na so u come spoil Lagos and PH, we no see. Na personal runs joh. No vex. I go show ur side soon

@Debosky
Home boi ki lon sele? Too much money abi?

@Tubabie
Mummie how far? Buzz me coded now make we relate

@my Oga
U know ure my only oga so I no mention name. Lol how ur holiday na?

Yodiyokun, DK, Tollu, Tolulops, oyb,mrjingles, Diggler happy new year ohhh

@Candy
I've forwarded d stuff so I'm on lookout for ya baba

Cheers people
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
2011 is surely a year of multiple blessings. So far so good, things are moving on fine. Signed some cool stuffs that wowed me.
Whatsup with this rise and rise of dollar ? It's making things difficult for some of us o.presently N157 to a buck.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Jcob,
I heard it was becos of the PDP convention, each delegate was paid in dollars

@Tkb,
no yawa, i full ground, we dey your back full time

@people
any answer to my question on the GTB GDr on the LSE, ??
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 7:43pm On Jan 22, 2011
@thread
Done with mandatory 40 hours safety training so we(the new batch) can now roam the plant grin but we dont go on plant attachment to the old plant(It's called the running plant) till mid february and i can hardly wait. It's going to be an entirely new experience for me but I'm looking forward to it cheesy I don tire for training school [s]although the HRMs fine assistant makes things bearable, you suppose see as she dey smile at me[/s](yeah yeah, I know that's how she smiles at er'one but i swear my own is different. . .lol)

I must confess, few things beat working for a company with a well established structure. Everything makes much more sense.

@debosky
as per your friend, them no go gree pay am 2millie per month? grin, but you're right sha, when the plant takes off, there'll be an awful lot of work to do so yours truly is going to learn a ton of stuff cheesy. what me i dont like is the ruralness of the area.

@tubabie
where's that? tongue lipsrsealed

@oyb
that's the running plant you're talking about, stories about how terrible their work culture is abound at my end. there's a bit of rivalry between them and us(and our plant hasn't even been completed yet grin).

@tkb
I'm in the plant on your left when you're headed to gidi, the one on the right is the running plant. How far the 'thread-get-together' now? Jarus has the digits sha.

@Ajanlekoko
How's things? still on Vacation?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2011
netotse:

@Ajanlekoko
How's things? still on Vacation?

Back and running, my young friend.
Things are still slow though. Trying to get myself into the groove.
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 11:25pm On Jan 24, 2011
@Jarus
ol boy welcome to da men's club, i still wonder what TKB is still doing with the boyz, though. With all those swag

@Neto
Enjoy the welcoming smiles/times in the new grind.

@yodiyokun
i always get txt monthly from IBTC pensions on my balance, i think people should insist on getting alerts from their PFA, so you can square up with your employers on time if they're the defaulting ones.

@DayoKanu
I think you can bail out once you terminate appointment, the retirement time frame is for people waiting for long service award. grin

@ All Office
I hope we're getting a roaring start to the year. It's getting harder to be on desktop these days, maybe Seun should arrange for a NL app, so we keep in touch on the go, cos personally i don't fancy mobile web, too tiny for my liking.

I've been on a cross country roll, city to city, setting the agenda for the year with my various teams, strategizing on how to hit the bulls eye as per the year's target. so far so good but am missing Lasgidi baaad! No matter how many times you change hotels, it still gets boring after a while. Even my master's class is suffering badly, heard that tests are coming up and am not even in town. pheeew! UNILAG and attendance register!
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Netotse.
Ok guy noted

@Tmoni
Ask any of Violent/Jaybee/Candylips about the GDR thing

@Cecegorz
I'm on it oh. Ill leave the boiz club soon. I don tire sef. Lol

@topic
Running sturvs from one of the Nations assets in Kaduna. Running show with govt people is like climbing mount kilimanjaro. Some of these chaps are so hostile and to them, my report would be for them to be fired!

On a personal note, my nu joint is rolling and as part of my CSR to country (lol, yeah CSR; bite me). Ill be training hundreds peeps for free on some sturf I won't mention here. Only AJ should have an idea and maybe DK

Dubai's trip is clashing with other things, i need a robot to help me out mehn

@cece
I agree with u oh. Seun shd look into how we can push NL from our fones cos right now I can't remember when last I do NL on ma lappy

Have a good one people
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ topic

Work has been iffy the past few days - trying to get handover on some tasks from a colleague who's going back to his normal job. It's odd how things work when you have multiple shareholders - almost a 'give and take' thing. If you do this for me, I'll give you the info you require and so on.

Just started writing up my appraisal - dunno how the bonus will pan out, but we should start getting signals from beginning of Feb.

My trip to the Sahara is still on hold due to visa issues - had to remove my passport and go for the battle at the Nigerian embassy yesterday to get it renewed. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed - instead of being there from 10am-1pm and going back to work, I was there from 9am to 3.30pm and got charged extra on the day than I actually expected.

From a woman saying 'I'll slap you' to the official responding 'I'll slap you twice' the embassy is always a barrel of laughs. grin

After this wahala my search to marry Brit or Polish woman goes into high gear. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (77) (Reply)

COREN Registration Thread / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.