Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,107 members, 7,967,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 12:07 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2600965 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (1187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Klairee: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I made my application since may 27th 2023, biometrics done nov 2020, eligibility started immediately after application and no update till now, is it just me in this situation or should i be worried
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2023
Klairee:
Hello Everyone,
I made my application since may 27th 2023, biometrics done nov 2020, eligibility started immediately after application and no update till now, is it just me in this situation or should i be worried
Did you applied as a tourist or invited by friend and family . Have you tried to use tracker to see if its on Background verification stage .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dkgetmuny: 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
Igbek76:

Congratulations!

This is a very good lesson for all.
If I have seen this earlier,I wouldn't have gone ahead to submit my passport that will expire by May 30th 2024 for VISA stamping.

I got passport request August 21 st........ But went ahead to submit the passport that will expire May 30th 2024, by August 24th.

I should have renewed my passport to save future stress of applying.

Is well.

I swear its the best thing to do. Just maximize the opportunity and don't bother your head with them for the next 10 years!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Okay thanks
lakeside30:

U and your wife first
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by otedola1(m): 12:09am On Sep 01, 2023
Good day house
I plan to smit my vv application next week, I have CAC with current Tax certificate but I want use my personal account as pof wish Bal of ..#10m

But as business man, money not stable in my acct, I don't no my chance after summited maybe 2day after my Bal move to #2m or #3m
Please house is going 2 affect ?

I have prove of property and Logistic Truck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pauclipse(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hectorsoboy: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2023
Please which airline has a good service and doesn't require transit visa to ontario?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2023
Igbek76:

Congratulations!

This is a very good lesson for all.
If I have seen this earlier,I wouldn't have gone ahead to submit my passport that will expire by May 30th 2024 for VISA stamping.

I got passport request August 21 st........ But went ahead to submit the passport that will expire May 30th 2024, by August 24th.

I should have renewed my passport to save future stress of applying.

Is well.

It happened to me too, now am regretting everything, this agent have hurt me so much, could ya believe that asshole didn’t alert me earlier until when the 30 days window remain 3 days and I was afraid it will lead to visa deny if I didn’t submit it
If I noticed earlier I would have gone for renewal
Oloun
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Munachimso30:

It happened to me too, now am regretting everything, this agent have hurt me so much, could ya believe that asshole didn’t alert me earlier until when the 30 days window remain 3 days and I was afraid it will lead to visa deny if I didn’t submit it
If I noticed earlier I would have gone for renewal
Oloun

Na real messed up be that.
You could have got longer term visa, gives you plenty room for decision 😩
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2023
oluayebenz:

Na real messed up be that.
You could have got longer term visa, gives you plenty room for decision 😩

That’s what I got for using a foolish agent
His customer service is a shit from day one 😏, am considering leaving the travel, I will reapply after it expires (that’s next year) hope it won’t hurt me in future

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mmcandy21: 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
Can one use business account with about 8m balance to apply for conference visa? Also i applied in 2016 but withdrew my application after 3 months because there was no update, will that be seen as refusal or i dont have to mention it. Thanks everyone
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
Munachimso30:

His customer service is a shit from day one 😏, am considering leaving the travel, I will reapply after it expires (that’s next year) hope it won’t hurt me in future

😳
Be careful.
Canadian embassy is very strict, giving out visa now, I don't know what their government are up to.

Years back even with good travel histories, they bounce people anyhow.

They might go to default mode anytime soon.
Better decide for the better now.

Canadian visa is one of the most difficult visa to get.
I don talk my own.
We move 🚶

Meanwhile thought you said you ticket is already booked for next week?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2023
oluayebenz:

😳
Be careful.
Canadian embassy is very strict, giving out visa now, I don't know what their government are up to.

I don talk my own.
We move 🚶

I didn’t book any ticket, just said next week
Anyways am reconsidering somethings, don’t want story that touches the heart
Instead of me to waste such huge amount for flight and hotel booking in such a short period without even having anyone in there, and the winter is fast approaching
It’s better I take my time and plan well
I might still travel but for now, I haven’t see my self flying
Gatto plan well you guys said earlier right ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2023
oluayebenz:

😳
Be careful.

I don talk my own.
We move 🚶

Thanks for ya advice 🙏🏻
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2023
Munachimso30:

I didn’t book any ticket, just said next week
Anyways am reconsidering somethings, don’t want story that touches the heart
Instead of me to waste such huge amount for flight and hotel booking in such a short period without even having anyone in there, and the winter is fast approaching
It’s better I take my time and plan well
I might still travel but for now, I haven’t see my self flying
Gatto plan well you guys said earlier right ?

Hmmmm

Wish you all the best in your decision bro.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dkgetmuny: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
Munachimso30:

Munachimso30:

Munachimso30:

Munachimso30:

In your best interest, I will say use the visa even it’s once . I have never seen Canadian embassy so generous like they have been in the past one year.
I am sure they will tighten the nose in the coming months. Also using the visa stands you a way better chance with getting US Australia and UK visa

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2023
Awardd:

Pls, how many months is okay, then what's minimum closing balance?

I used 6month for my own,spouse ,u can leave it at 8m,for myself and my wife we use 5m

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lucipee: 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2023
Finally I received PPR
Timeline
Application submitted-20th /June/2022
BVL - 29/Aug/2023
Passport request - 29/Aug/2023

Application was done on new portal
This will be the first time I will be travelling out of Nigeria
I already gave up on the application and was thinking of reapplying but God came through
Thank you Jesus and to everyone for their contribution on this platform

15 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hectorsoboy: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
Please which airline doesn't require transit visa to Canada?

What's your experience with airfrance and lufthansa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2023
A friend of mine wanted to apply for a visitor visa but he was told me that one agent applied for him last 4 years, as the whole thing look like scam or deceiving him.

Because he said he went to VFS office at Lekki and he was submitted his passport and I asked him if he done biometrics or capturing? He said NO, now he wanted to apply for a visitor visa. How can I help him to confirm if he as done a biometrics before or if truly the agent applied for him that time?

He said his passport was send back to him by his agent through a bus in osun state lol and since then he stopped picking his calls as at that time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Threemg: 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2023
lakeside30:

Since you use DHL you are on a safe hand,my parent own too 1 week before Vfs acknowledged that UPS has delivered it to them,something UPS delivered same day,the VfS have a lot on their hand to deal with,you will soon receive email to that effect, keep checking ur provided mail and remember to check spam mail too smiley

UPDATE:
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! You were right. They sent the acknowledgement mail today since Tuesday that they had the passport delivered.

It was strange to me because when we submitted our application several years ago through UPS, we got an acknowledgement and transmission mail that very day when UPS delivered it to VFS, same for my mother in law that we did few weeks ago. I was expecting same for my folks to only for VFS to go mute upon delivery of the passport since Tuesday by DHL. That was why I had to come here to seek for help and check if anyone has experienced such. One message was a great relief.

Once again, thanks so much boss. Happy New Month
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kristenjoe: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
I just an approval email for my kids visitor visa application.
Applied on 6th June
Nothing else was requested until 3 days back when we were asked to send their birth certificates and my husbands passport biodata page and then this morning we got their approval mail.
I am so happy 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Please how do I book appointment for passport submission? I have forgotten how I did mine?
Or should I use dispatch?

Please advice.
Their 30 days window has started counting.

Thank you all for all your good works.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kristenjoe: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Hectorsoboy:
Please which airline has a good service and doesn't require transit visa to ontario?

You can use lufthansa or klm
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Threemg: 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Kristenjoe:
Applied on 6th June
Nothing else was requested until 3 days back when we were asked to send their birth certificates and my husbands passport biodata page and then this morning we got their approval mail.
I am so happy 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Please how do I book appointment for passport submission? I have forgotten how I did mine?

Please advice.

Please just use dispatch if you're in Lagos. I doubt if you'd be able to book any appointment for an in-person submission. Save yourself of the stress and use either DHL or UPS.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
Congratulations

Kristenjoe:
Applied on 6th June
I am so happy 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Please advice.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PedigreeCity: 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2023
Congratulations to you all!!!

My own positive testimony loading In the name of Jesus. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by metrotpu: 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Good day house!, please i need the link to sign up for tracker please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by metrotpu: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2023
i am trying to register but this is what it is showing ,please is there anyone with the help of how to get this done?please.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2023
Did you use an agent ?

metrotpu:
i am trying to register but this is what it is showing ,please is there anyone with the help of how to get this done?please.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oke2017: 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2023
Visiting Visa Approval

Application submitted: 11th of August
Biometric: 21st of August
Correspondence Letter: 1st of September
Passport Request: 1st of September

GCKey Portal
3weeks from date of submission.

Wishing everyone a success story.

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaloniglory7: 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
Congratulations
Do you have relatives in Canada or you have a valid USA visa?

Oke2017:
Visiting Visa Approval

GCKey Portal

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wow congratulations

Oke2017:
Visiting Visa Approval

GCKey Portal

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (1187) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.