Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,232 members, 7,887,631 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

"I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." (4420 Views)

My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41 / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ewuro4:
Classy: stylish and sophisticated. QED

Classiness and Virginity are completely two different things.

No

Erm, ma'am, let me play the devil's advocate here, and argue from Sholly's friend perspective. His argument might look clumsy, but when you break it down in context, you'll understand what he's alluding to - and why having certain morals can put you in a different class. Class can also be based on qualities, and social/traditional/cultural characteristics.

I'll expand it here: I think you're looking at it from a liberal mindset. However, I believe Nigeria (the context in which he argued his point) is a very conservative/ultra-religious society on the surface (I know that's a ruse lol) - and arguably one of the most religious country on the planet. So, if we juxtaposition the context with an Islamic country like Saudi Arabia for example, where a certain "class" is attached to virginity - you'll get his point. Ditto traditionally in Christendom, where white wedding, is set aside for only a class of brides who're virgins.

1 Like

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by crackhaus: 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
zeezahbee:
Because all your life you have never written a full sentence. You know what !!! Go back to school, travel more and you can be classy. I forgive you. Nutter undecided
What are you getting pissed off for? Getting caught? Lmao... cheesycheesy

You really are a street urchin with zero intellect - you didn't even attempt to edit, at least to make it appear like it all came from your hollow weave-wearing head.

Olodo! gringrin

2 Likes

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by zeezahbee(f): 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
crackhaus:

What are you getting pissed off for? Getting caught? Lmao... cheesycheesy

You really are a street urchin with zero intellect - you didn't even attempt to edit, at least to make it appear like it all came from your hollow weave-wearing head.

Olodo! gringrin
Have you taken your medications today? Ain't piss at you attention seeker.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by crackhaus: 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
zeezahbee:
Have you taken your medications today? Ain't at piss you attention seeker.
Calling you out on your intellectual fraud is attention seeking to you? Lmao...
Nah babe, I'm a hero...at least gringrin

Olodo! grin

2 Likes

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
Well, even by simply lending a cursory glance at the comments, we can get the sense that when it comes to the issue of "class", we're working with fairly subjective scale here.

To the individual in question, keeping her virginity is seemingly [one of] the yardstick(s) by which she measures her class. In my express opinion, and especially in the context of being attacked by said dude aggressor for her personal sexual choices, there's absolutely nothing - and I mean nothing - wrong with her response. It's her body, and that's her opinion, and path. She wasn't judging, or measuring anybody but herself by her own standards. And for that reason, third party expressions towards the exchange shouldn't extend beyond the supportive, and the mildly, acceptingly lackadaisical (again IMO).

In short, it may be ridiculous to whomever else, but since this is about her having to speak in defense of her views pertaining to her own virginity, body, and class, she gets to call the shots.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by crackhaus: 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
^^^
gringrin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Girl, where have you been? I was quite disappointed you disappeared so suddenly without saying goodbye. Good to have you back.

Guurrrrl, whatsup!!! I've been good. How "GAMANY" ?? cheesy
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Ewuro4: 6:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
SirShymex.. Yes I only answered from a liberal point of view (posed question). But you're right, if we want to tactically go deep into different contexts of Class from all cultural diversities , we will have different definitions per case. Therefore Class is subjective.

Nicki Minaj , Kim K, 'Livy pope grin are classy girls but from Nigerian standpoint .. They're woreorish, no q asked. I on the other hand have left home for a while and my conditioned mentality differ in most cases.

Watched Suits last night and there was this flashback clip of Mike Ross and his grandmother , she forbade him from staying with Trevor ( his childhood friend who also happen to be a drug cartel)... Mike didnt listen and his gramie eventually came around and said the most touching statement.. ' I'm not happy with your decision, but at the same time you're an adult and I have to support your decision Mike'. What am I driving at? I think you already know it.

#Sorry I'm at work if my post looked rushed/ scruffy ..typed this on my coffee break#
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Guurrrrl, whatsup!!! I've been good. How "GAMANY" ?? cheesy

Good to hear. Next time you disappear, at least tell your e-friends goodbye. wink tongue

It's cold but getting warmer gradually. It hasn't been the harshest winter anyway.

Once again, good to have you back. kiss

1 Like

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by finofaya: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
I only have non penetrative sex, therefore I'm classy. I never go beyond kissing, therefore I'm classy. I reject physical intimacy, therefore I'm classy. I have sex once a week, therefore I'm classy. I never have sex for more than 10 minutes, therefore I'm classy. I'm a nymphomaniac, therefore I'm classy. I'm asexual, therefore I'm classy.

What has people's sexual behaviour to do with class?

1 Like

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by TreQuartista: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
abiL, ItsModella, hornipipe et al Romance Section circa 2012/2013 can't be far off too.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by TreQuartista: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ewuro4:

NIcki Minaj , Kim K, 'Livy pope grin are classy girls but from Nigerian standpoint .. They're woreorish, no q asked. I on the other hand have left home for a while and my conditioned mentality differ in most cases.

This is not a Nigeria thing. A large percentage of humans regard these sisters as no-class-having whöres.

If I didn't know better, I'd say these ladies thrive on being slagged-off and derided the world over.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
crackhaus:
^^^
gringrin
I know grin grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
finofaya:
I only have non penetrative sex, therefore I'm classy. I never go beyond kissing, therefore I'm classy. I reject physical intimacy, therefore I'm classy. I have sex once a week, therefore I'm classy. I never have sex for more than 10 minutes, therefore I'm classy. I'm a nymphomaniac, therefore I'm classy. I'm asexual, therefore I'm classy.

What have people's sexual behaviour to do with class?
I think the comment below ended the debate for me because it made a good point; who actually cares what another person believes themselves to be? Another person's self belief means nothing, we tend to rely on our own opinions more. I hope that makes sense embarassed

crackhaus:

Lol...
I also noticed that ladies who verbally refer to themselves as classy may not really be, it's the ones who exude it or have a certain aura about them (character, personality, style, and sophistication) that get referred to as classy by other people.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by damiso(f): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
crackhaus:
Being classy is an illusion created by women to make themselves appear better than other women.

I don't know what virginity has to do with having class, but if we were to set the parameters for classiness to be within the context of morality, then a virgin has more class than a non-virgin with reference only to sexual morality.
I agree with this post. .the word 'classy' is kinda subjective I can't even define it .I just think s
ome people exude it and if you ask me to say why I can't even say.And these people I speak about are not necessarily the richest or dressed in what we would term as 'classy' clothes I.e obviously expensive.
I don't think virginity is a criteria though.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by 5minsmadness: 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
You folks are gradually diverting from the point.

There is a worldwide definition of 'classy' and we all know it. Kim K might be stylish, pretty, confident etc but she definitely isn't classy. And neither is Nicky Minaj. And just because you think you are classy doesn't make you so. You can believe you are classy to improve your self esteem or whatever, but at the end of the day there is a certain style and decorum attached to classiness that you know if you meet it or not.

Beyonce has class. Amber ross doesn't.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by crackhaus: 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
Flytefalls:

I know grin grin
Lol... I didn't even know how/what to reply him. grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by crackhaus: 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
damiso:

I agree with this post. .the word 'classy' is kinda subjective I can't even define it I just think some people exude it and if you ask me to say why I can't even say. And these people I speak about are not necessarily the richest or dressed in what we would term as 'classy' clothes I.e obviously expensive.
I don't think virginity is a criteria though.
Exactly, that's about it.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by crackhaus: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

Bro instead of using Beyonce as the poster girl for class over Amber Rose, I'd rather use Michelle Obama. - I honestly don't believe there's much difference between the former two.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by TreQuartista: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
5minsmadness:
There is a worldwide definition of 'classy' and we all know it.

No, there isn't. Any attempt to define 'classy' would at best be an emotive exercise carried out in the prism of the person's world-view. In other words, it is highly subjective.

Kim K might be stylish, pretty, confident etc but she definitely isn't classy. And neither is Nicky Minaj. And just because you think you are classy doesn't make you so. You can believe you are classy to improve your self esteem or whatever, but at the end of the day there is a certain style and decorum attached to classiness that you know if you meet it or not.

On what premise are you denying Nicki Minaj as being 'classy'. I hope her supposed 'indecorum' has nothing to do with Anaconda? grin

This is at best simplistic. 'Beyonce has class' because? 'Amber Rose doesn't' because?

This assertion belongs to the realm of opinions.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by TreQuartista: 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
crackhaus:

Bro instead of using Beyonce as the poster girl for class over Amber Rose, I'd rather use Michelle Obama. - I honestly don't believe there's much difference between the former two.

What do you think?

They are basically of the same plumage. So picking one of them as the epitome of class is like playing favourites. So I'd rather have it your way. grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by crackhaus: 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
TreQuartista:

They are basically of the same plumage. So picking one of them as the epitome of class is like playing favourites. So I'd rather have it your way. grin
Hahaha, indeed... grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by finofaya: 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
Flytefalls:

I think the comment below ended the debate for me because it made a good point; who actually cares what another person believes themselves to be? Another person's self belief means nothing, we tend to rely on our own opinions more. I hope that makes sense embarassed

It's a good point. I guess it's just the psychiatrist and a few others that care what a person believes himself to be.

The classy thing sounds like an over compensation for all the teasing to me. Virginity is not the ideal "trait" to call classy tho. I don't think many people find priests and nuns classy.

1 Like

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by 5minsmadness: 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
crackhaus:

What do you think?
I think Michelle Obama doesn't have a choice.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ewuro4:
SirShymex.. Yes I only answered from a liberal point of view (posed question). But you're right, if we want to tactically go deep into different contexts of Class from all cultural diversities , we will have different definitions per case. Therefore Class is subjective.

Nicki Minaj , Kim K, 'Livy pope grin are classy girls but from Nigerian standpoint .. They're woreorish, no q asked. I on the other hand have left home for a while and my conditioned mentality differ in most cases.

Watched Suits last night and there was this flashback clip of Mike Ross and his grandmother , she forbade him from staying with Trevor ( his childhood friend who also happen to be a drug cartel)... Mike didnt listen and his gramie eventually came around and said the most touching statement.. ' I'm not happy with your decision, but at the same time you're an adult and I have to support your decision Mike'. What am I driving at? I think you already know it.

#Sorry I'm at work if my post looked rushed/ scruffy ..typed this on my coffee break#

We're all always guilty of that, but words have nuances when it comes to application in context.

Nicki Minaj, Kim K, and Olivia Pope are supremely classy women albeit perhaps not on a particular standard where morals (even this one is debatable cos we all judge them based on how public their private lives are) are involved. I'd even throw Amber Rose in there. We as human beings are just naturally judgemental based on preconceived notions and our outlook to life.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by DollyParton1(f): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
SirShymexx:

We're all always guilty of that, but words have nuances when it comes to application in context.

Nicki Minaj, Kim K, and Olivia Pope are supremely classy women albeit perhaps not on a particular standard where morals (even this one is debatable cos we all judge them based on how public their private lives are) are involved. I'd even throw Amber Rose in there. We as human beings are just naturally judgemental based on preconceived notions and our outlook to life.
Why you gonna put Olivia Pope in the leagues of Kim K and Nicki Minaj. angry angry angry
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
DollyParton1:

Why you gonna put Olivia Pope in the leagues of Kim K and Nicki Minaj. angry angry angry

Being judgemental based on innate bias, are we? grin

Kim K., Nicki Minaj, and Olivia Pope (a fictional character though based on a true life story) are all powerful, and stylish - and also fashionistas - trendsetters. And apart from Olivia Pope being highly educated in a more professional setting - I honestly don't see any difference in their morals, which might be the premise for ya disagreement. grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by DollyParton1(f): 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
SirShymexx:

Being judgemental based on innate bias, are we? grin

Kim K., Nicki Minaj, and Olivia Pope (a fictional character though based on a true life story) are all powerful, and stylish - and also fashionistas - trendsetters. And apart from Olivia Pope being highly educated in a more professional setting - I honestly don't see any difference in their morals, which might be the premise for ya disagreement. grin

O
But really when we are talking about class, we know its not remotely connected to morals in any form.
Olivia Pope controls the president like a puppet grin grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
DollyParton1:

But really when we are talking about class, we know its remotely connected to morals in any form.
Olivia Pope controls the president like a puppet grin grin

It is or, it isn't? I'd say that's highly subjective and dependent on the society, like I alluded to in my first post. For example: in liberal societies, with winner-takes-all-mentality where "good" and "bad" aren't clear-cut - apart from when folks are trying to apply sentiments, witch-hunt a certain demographic, or trying to be PC (politically correct) - class(y) isn't intertwined with morals.

However, this context is different...Vatican City meet Saudi Arabia. Scapular meet Kufi. But on the flip-side, everything goes in Gotham City. grin

Olivia Pope the fixer. The president gave her so much power and she's privy to loads of secrets that'll crash the whole place down. I've got some reservations about the character, hence I stopped watching it. You can't give a woman that much power! Damn it!! Anyway, both Kim K and Nicki Minaj also control those they're with.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by DollyParton1(f): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
SirShymexx:

It is or, it isn't? I'd say that's highly subjective and dependent on the society, like I alluded to in my first post. For example: in liberal societies, with winner-takes-all-mentality where "good" and "bad" aren't clear-cut - apart from when folks are trying to apply sentiments, witch-hunt a certain demographic, or trying to be PC (politically correct) - class(y) isn't intertwined with morals.

However, this context is different...Vatican City meet Saudi Arabia. Scapular meet Kufi. But on the flip-side, everything goes in Gotham City. grin

Olivia Pope the fixer. The president gave her so much power and she's privy to loads of secrets that'll crash the whole place down. I've got some reservations about the character, hence I stopped watching it. You can't give a woman that much power! Damn it!! Anyway, both Kim K and Nicki Minaj also control those they're with.

Typo. Meant to write its not.
But these days, averagely, classy has nothing to do with being a virgin or not. Well except if u are the any stick goes in my hole type of lady or any hole goes with my stick type of man.
When someone says a lady is classy, the first thing that comes to mind is intelligence, education, dressing, eloquence, carriage...... etc. People rarely think about Vurginity as a sign of class.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Ewuro4: 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
DollyParton1:

Coz the President lays her or she's always in pantsuits compared to other 2?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is It Difficult For Two Females To Live Together Peacefully? / Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant / Ghanaian Girl Shares Her Experience In The Hands Of A White German Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.