Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

"I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." (4400 Views)

My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41 / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by DollyParton1(f): 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ewuro4:

Coz the President lays her or she's always in pantsuits compared to other 2?

yes and yes. grin grin grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Ewuro4: 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
SirShymexx:

We're all always guilty of that, but words have nuances when it comes to application in context.
Nicki Minaj, Kim K, and Olivia Pope are supremely classy women albeit perhaps not on a particular standard where morals (even this one is debatable cos we all judge them based on how public their private lives are) are involved. I'd even throw Amber Rose in there. We as human beings are just naturally judgemental based on preconceived notions and our outlook to life .

QED wink
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Ewuro4: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
DollyParton1:

Before nko ? grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 12:04am On Feb 13, 2015
DollyParton1:

Typo. Meant to write its not.
But these days, averagely, classy has nothing to do with being a virgin or not. Well except if u are the any stick goes in my hole type of lady or any hole goes with my stick type of man.
When someone says a lady is classy, the first thing that comes to mind is intelligence, education, dressing, eloquence, carriage...... etc. People rarely think about Vurginity as a sign of class.

Lol. I hear that.

But to Islamists who swallow c4 all the time for 72 virgins, class(y) and virginity are intertwined. Ditto traditional Christians, who still uphold white wedding in its purest form...and Vatican where high morals, especially when it comes to se.x, are still highly regarded. I'd wager that based on how Nigerians tout religion all up in everyone's grill, like religious wingnuts, the same should be case, on the surface. tongue

Anyway, a lot of words these days are just overrated, and folks just like throwing words around anyhow, hence I don't take folks seriously.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 12:06am On Feb 13, 2015
DollyParton1:

Pum pum power! grin

Like I said on the other thread, before the illiterate villagers nuked it: a woman's power lies in her puss.y. grin Shoot me! tongue
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by DollyParton1(f): 1:55am On Feb 13, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I hear that.

But to Islamists who swallow c4 all the time for 72 virgins, class(y) and virginity are intertwined. Ditto traditional Christians, who still uphold white wedding in its purest form...and Vatican where high morals, especially when it comes to se.x, are still highly regarded. I'd wager that based on how Nigerians tout religion all up in everyone's grill, like religious wingnuts, the same should be case, on the surface. tongue

Anyway, a lot of words these days are just overrated, and folks just like throwing words around anyhow, hence I don't take folks seriously.

Don't go too far.... What does classy in its simplest form means to u? Religious and cultural sentiments aside.
And really you have little idea about Nigeria system in this case... Being a virgin does not translate to being a classy for an average Nigerian. It just mean that the lady in question is morally upright (and that even is debatable) or lack of opportunity (according to some clowns)

By the way, someone who is ready to blow himself up for 72 virgins is a religious lunatic
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 6:31am On Feb 13, 2015
DollyParton1:

Don't go too far.... What does classy in its simplest form means to u? Religious and cultural sentiments aside.
And really you have little idea about Nigeria system in this case... Being a virgin does not translate to being a classy for an average Nigerian. It just mean that the lady in question is morally upright (and that even is debatable) or lack of opportunity (according to some clowns)

By the way, someone who is ready to blow himself up for 72 virgins is a religious lunatic

Lol. The crafty nature of the daughter of Eve is about to strike...tryna make me commit to one school of thought, no? tongue

Err, I'd say in popular culture, without diva-esque front, Angela Davis (darn! her legendary afro inspired a generation), Alicia Keys, and Sade Adu represent classy to me. Ditto my fellow capricornian, Denzel Washington. Define that how you wanna define it - but it doesn't negate other people's perspective.

I was just messing about with the 72virgins example. Just a way of saying Muslim communities/societies attach a lot of importance to virginity, hence you see old heads marrying kids. Not slagging them off though. grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by DollyParton1(f): 7:08am On Feb 13, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. The crafty nature of the daughter of Eve is about to strike...tryna make me commit to one school of thought, no? tongue

Err, I'd say in popular culture, without diva-esque front, Angela Davis (darn! her legendary afro inspired a generation), Alicia Keys, and Sade Adu represent classy to me. Ditto my fellow capricornian, Denzel Washington. Define that how you wanna define it - but it doesn't negate other people's perspective.

I was just messing about with the 72virgins example. Just a way of saying Muslim communities/societies attach a lot of importance to virginity, hence you see old heads marrying kids. Not slagging them off though. grin

No one is trying to make u commit to one school of thought. You were the one trying to be crafty instead. But I got my answers.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by 5minsmadness: 9:02am On Feb 13, 2015
TreQuartista:

No, there isn't. Any attempt to define 'classy' would at best be an emotive exercise carried out in the prism of the person's world-view. In other words, it is highly subjective.

Full Definition of CLASSY\ˈkla-sē\ (merriman-webster's dictionary/encyclopedia brittanica)

: having or showing class: as
a : elegant, stylish <a classy clientele>
b : having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior <a classy guy> <a classy gesture>
c : admirably skillful and graceful <a classy outfielder>
— class·i·ness noun
First used in 1891.
Synonyms
elegant, courtly, fine, graceful, handsome, majestic, refined, stately, tasteful

Antonyms
dowdy, graceless, inelegant, styleless, tasteless, unfashionable, unhandsome, unstylish

On what premise are you denying Nicki Minaj as being 'classy'. I hope her supposed 'indecorum' has nothing to do with Anaconda? grin
That video was the direct opposite of classy. most of her videos aint classy. even in the western 'modern/liberal' world her dressing(just one of the factors in defining classiness, i know) is not classified as classy -yes i watch fashion police and am not ashamed to say it angry grin . Niki minaj is sexy and my dream crush like i have stated here before. But she is not classy.

This is at best simplistic. 'Beyonce has class' because? 'Amber Rose doesn't' because?

This assertion belongs to the realm of opinions.
Nothing wrong in being simplistic. Though i agree with the other poster that beyonce was not the best example to use. But Beyonce still has more class (less provocatively dressed, more respectable, less crude, more graceful, more refined) than amber rose.
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by 5minsmadness: 9:09am On Feb 13, 2015
And for those of you who think africans/nigerians are too conservative or backward or primitive in their thinking of what 'classy' should be; here is a step by step approach on how to be classy from our ever superior white folk themselves smiley. Enjoy.
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Classy
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by MizMyColi(f): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
undecided
aflyingbird:

true oo. virginity berra. d non-virgins r going to come in n hate, some of dem r alreeady here lipsrsealed sayin virginity no be class, self-aggradize..mcheww.. dis one sef, u can use simple word but she too like forming, nonsense. others won't b virgins oo but they will come in 2 support it forming virgin. too many hos parading nairaland abeg, men b careful. will neva take a ho for a wife lipsrsealed
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
5minsmadness:
And for those of you who think africans/nigerians are too conservative or backward or primitive in their thinking of what 'classy' should be; here is a step by step approach on how to be classy from our ever superior white folk themselves smiley. Enjoy.
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Classy
#11 grin grin
Keep the promiscuity to a minimum.
If you want to be classy, then you shouldn't go hooking up with random people every night. And if that's your thing, at least don't talk about it, brag about it, or walk around with lots of visible hickeys. Classy people don't kiss and tell, so don't divulge the details of your latest hook up session. Don't let people see you making out on the dance floor either, because guess what, that is not classy.
[size=20pt] •It's okay to experiment and have several sexual partners[/size]. But if you brag about it or treat it like a contest, you will run into trouble.

1 Like

Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by SirShymexx: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
DollyParton1:

No one is trying to make u commit to one school of thought. You were the one trying to be crafty instead. But I got my answers.

Lol. DollyParton the sly chic.

Thank God I've got the answers unlike Sway. grin

Kanye: "You ain't got the answers, Sway." grin
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by 5minsmadness: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
Flytefalls:

#11 grin grin
I liiiiiike you cheesy
You actually took time to read it grin
You didn't see the first paragraph wink
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
5minsmadness:

I liiiiiike you cheesy
You actually took time to read it grin
You didn't see the first paragraph wink
I liiiike you too grin
I read it because I knew it'd be something ridiculous, and I have an hour to kill.
Which first paragraph?
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by 5minsmadness: 7:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
Flytefalls:

I liiiike you too grin
I read it because I knew it'd be something ridiculous, and I have an hour to kill.
Which first paragraph?

Being classy is not about being stuck up. You need to cultivate respect. And that means respect for everyone, including yourself. Take care to be polite to others and to reflect a genuine interest in them. Be confident in yourself, [size=16pt]dress how you want [/size]and act accordingly

Awwww c'mon it wasn't all ridiculous! Most of the points were actually very good!.

•It's okay to experiment and have several sexual partners. But if you brag about it or treat it like a contest, you will run into trouble.
And remember, a cheat isn't really a cheat until caught wink
Re: "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." by Nobody: 2:19am On Feb 14, 2015
5minsmadness:

Awwww c'mon it wasn't all ridiculous! Most of the points were actually very good!.

And remember, a cheat isn't really a cheat until caught wink
Haha, 5minutesofdrivingmenuts what are you on about? You're too funny, where did cheating enter from? grin.

Re the link, I hate being told how to act. Borrowing the words of Eric Cartman, my philosophy is; "it's my hawt body, I do what I want". I don't care to be classy, so I'll just duck out now undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant / My Two Children & Their Habits: / Why Is It Difficult For Two Females To Live Together Peacefully?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.