Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,735 members, 7,972,665 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:24 PM

Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief (4491 Views)

The Absurdity Of Atheism / The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. / The Absurdity Of The Bible And Biblical Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2009
mazaje:

i don't need your kisses which one be money for hand babe for bed. . . . . why are you cheating on mazaje the guy with the magic bulala? chris can never fire you like mazaje.

u know chris is like a brother to me kiss kiss kiss d babe im talking about isnt me,but smone else,but common u know i cant cheat on u,not when ur "kini" is very active and powerful kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:19pm On Jan 06, 2009
money for hand babe for bed,give me money first Grin Cheesy
* Turns his shokoto and brings out five bundles of Nairaland dollars*

grin grin grin grin I told you money was not a problem at least 50k is a good start grin
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by Ascony(m): 2:41am On Jan 07, 2009
angry angry angry angry
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 10:14am On Jan 07, 2009
debosky:

The issue of the original poster is a lack of perspective and little/no understanding of God.

A 'good' God in the poster's understanding does not allow 'bad' things to happen. This is a fallacy.

When God described his creation as 'good' - it meant fit for purpose. Sin came in as a result man fell and things are no longer perfect. Even in the midst of these imperfections, God still intervenes when He chooses to, and according to divine principles and shows forth His Glory.

Furthermore, the Sovereign Nature of God means an explanation of each and every step is not necessary. Even if explained, the limited reasoning ability of man means complete comprehension cannot be achieved.

You do not require the absence of 'bad' things in order to prove that God is Good - His Goodness is an innate quality, it's like being a man, you don't have to reveal your genitals each time or produce children to prove you are a man.

The premises of the poster's reasoning are even flawed. God's design IS perfect, but was corrupted. It will be redeemed eventually, but the human mind struggles with this due to the concept of time. God is beyond and outside of time, so he is not limited by it nor defined by happenings within it.

this is god as defined by you to help you explain away things that seem contrary to what you believe.

God is beyond and outside of time, so he is not limited by it nor defined by happenings within it.

there is no such thing in the bible, this is god as defined by you so that you can use the above defination to better explain away things that seem contrtary to the nature of god as portrayed in the bible.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by fyneguy: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
mazaje

See this other ''well acted out'' miracle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpO-ZmlMH0A&feature=related
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2009
fyneguy:

mazaje

WTF was that!
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2009
fyneguy:

mazaje

women give birth on a daily basis, i have been opportuned to witness such an event once, a friends wife give birth VERY easily (in a matter of seconds) in our presence as we were about to take her to the hospital (she was in labor for about 2-3 hours) the baby just dropped as she was about to stand up, she did'nt squeal or cry at all and she was a moslem. is this all your god can do or show?  grin grin grin men have done a million times better. if this is all what your god can do then all i have to say is that he needs to go and learn more. i can teach him some tricks if he wants.

this is going to be my last post on the nairaland religion section, Bleep all the gods (jesus, jehova, allah, kisna, buddah, pahlygon, etc) and the men that keep deluding and collecting peoples monies while promulgating such imaginary and impotent beings. to every body on the nairaland religious section have a blissful and prosperous new year filled with happiness and love. I am now a MILLIONAIRE($$$$$$$$$$$$$). i will be traveling the world beginning from febuary and i don't have time to be arguing about non existent and impotent beings. it really has been nice being here. Bleep all the gods once more am out. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2009
mazaje:

women give birth on a daily basis, i have been opportuned to witness such an event once, a friends wife give birth VERY easily (in a matter of seconds) in our presence as we were about to take her to the hospital (she was in labor for about 2-3 hours) the baby just dropped as she was about to stand up, she did'nt squeal or cry at all and she was a moslem. is this all your god can do or show?  grin grin grin men have done a million times better. if this is all what your god can do then all i have to say is that he needs to go and learn more. i can teach him some tricks if he wants.

this is going to be my last post on the nairaland religion section, Bleep all the gods (jesus, jehova, allah, kisna, buddah, pahlygon, etc) and the men that keep deluding and collecting peoples monies while promulgating such imaginary and impotent beings. to every body on the nairaland religious section have a blissful and prosperous new year filled with happiness and love. I am now a MILLIONAIRE($$$$$$$$$$$$$). i will be traveling the world beginning from febuary and i don't have time to be arguing about non existent and impotent beings. it really has been nice being here. Bleep all the gods once more am out. . . . . . . . . .

Bros e never reach like that na, why you wan go? I was coming to nairaland just to read entries before I finally decided what I believed, trust me you are sending a message to some people. Abeg na reconsider,
Busybein no go happy oh grin grin grin grin you know say she dey gbadu your style for hia, grin grin
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2009
@mazaje

who cares if u r a millionaire,or not,who cares if u r going to be travelling round d world or not?

abeg go ojare,make we see road undecided

@christians

thumbs up to y'all,we all won a very good battle,when two powers jam d lesser one will bow
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by duduspace(m): 3:58am On Jan 08, 2009
@fyneguy

To hell with you and your pastor as well as your imaginary god, see how the innocent baby's head was banged against the floor just because that stupid demi-god of Ikotun wanted to show off on TV. I'm not convinced that baby will be totally alright. I mean WTF.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by bindex(m): 1:00pm On Jan 08, 2009
busybein:

@mazaje

who cares if u r a millionaire,or not,who cares if u r going to be travelling round d world or not?

abeg go ojare,make we see road undecided

@christians

thumbs up to y'all,we all won a very good battle,when two powers jam d lesser one will bow

Busybein come and be my wife now that Mazaje is out of the secene, I also have a magic stick.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by duduspace(m): 1:03am On Jan 10, 2009
bindex:

Busybein come and be my wife now that Mazaje is out of the secene, I also have a magic stick.

Haba, Bindex are yu that desperate? let her grieve for the exit of her dear Mazaje for a while first.
Your friend wey leave him wife with you don enter wahala han han!!!
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by bindex(m): 1:23am On Jan 10, 2009
duduspace:

Haba, Bindex are yu that desperate? let her grieve for the exit of her dear Mazaje for a while first.
Your friend wey leave him wife with you don enter wahala han han!!!

grin grin grin Mazaje is a very good friend, so now that he is gone from here I can go ahead and inherit his wife.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by amaikama(m): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2009
Bindex!! you let your imagination to take absolute control of you without reasoning that fact that God can do wonders both in the physical and in the spirit. The devil means evil for the family while God, ever mighty in battle meant it for good. Who was there in the womb with the babe, is it you, the father or the mother, at least she can attest to his movement now and then but she is not there with him one hundred percent. But God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob was ever present to perform his wonders on the babe even when the oxygen does not get to the babe.

Never doubt the powers of God in any situation you find your self in, that is if you have a strong relationship with him oohhh!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

" / Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? / Download The Full Rccg January 2020 Fasting And Prayer Guide Pdf Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.