Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,212 members, 7,903,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:38 AM

To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? (842 Views)

Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by Ndipe(m): 12:03am On Jan 05, 2009
If you were so broke, or just relocated to a new city, like Lagos, renowned for its ridiculous real estate prices, will you move into your father in-law's house to stay, or will you rather, no matter the circumstances, look for accomodation elsewhere? I heard from one of my tribesman (ibibio) that it is insulting for a man to live in his father in-law's house, and I'd think that traditionally, it will be frowned upon, because it will portray you as incapable of providing for your wife/children.
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by bigfather(m): 2:25am On Jan 05, 2009
God forbidd bad thing ! Can't stay in his house,even while on holidays !
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by Ben13: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2009
It depends
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by spikedcylinder: 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2009
With the size of egos men have? They will die first.
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by sparta(f): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2009
its not advisable but if push comes to shove you got to lay your head somwhere.
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by Jascobee: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
Well,it's african wahala and it's understandable.My wife and myself relocated from the UK some months ago and my father-in law just completed a duplex house which was very beautiful.He strongly persuaded us to take the house but i refused.
I did that because i had small change for my hand,if not i wouldn't have had any option.

But to be honest,if the two families are knitted together,i dont see any big deal there.
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by toba1909(m): 10:51pm On Jan 06, 2009
Never!
It's presume as being sleeping on a heap of junks,
if one sleep in his in law's house.
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by Ndipe(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
toba1909:

Never!
It's presume as being sleeping on a heap of junks,
if one sleep in his in law's house.

Rude!
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2009
house don finish?
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by Godalone(m): 10:12am On Jan 07, 2009
Ben20001:

It depends
You are right
Re: To Men: Will You Live In Your Father In-law's House? by Ndipe(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2009
I can now see why my people, the Ibibios regard it as demeaning to their egos. As a man is the Head of the family, relocating to your father in-law's house means, you will be defering to him. And, boy oh boy, if your wife is the 'daddy's girl' type, that will be another wahala.

Has anybody read this novel, "The Narrow Path", by Francis Selormey? The protagonist's father was transferred to a new locale close their (and his mom's) hometown. Since they had no residence of theirs, the alternative was to move to their family compound. The mother refused to, because she realized that she would be at loggerheads with her sisters in-law. Her mother was willing to accomodate them, which would have been beneficial to the novelist, but his father refused, citing that he wants to be the head of his household. It's a very touching scene.

(1) (Reply)

Carpet Cleaning / A Token From My Heart / Will You Divorce Him/her If:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.