Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:33 PM

Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit (31593 Views)

Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / UNIZIK Student Ptotests Against Ecobank As ATM Debits Her Without Dispensing / Someone Paid Me With Fake 1000 Note. What Will I Do?? Pics!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by xabi148(m): 8:28am On Feb 20, 2015
Lol na so d CBN pple don do reach we nid amnesty ooo
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Kirinwa: 8:29am On Feb 20, 2015
adexsimply:
Don't even waste your time trying to chase the case. I was almost arrested about a year ago after I experienced the same thing. I went to lodge a complaint, before I could say "Jack Robinson" two plainclothes have already taken it up, no be small thing that day o..

They just want to discourage and intimidate you.Next time consult a lawyer.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by fanex: 8:29am On Feb 20, 2015
play the player. they will never refund you money. stick the counterfeit notes in a good chunk of cash and deposit it when theres a long queue in the bank. wink
pasino26:
Were it from someone else I would have given reasons why it will be impossible for an atm machine to dispense counterfeit naira notes. But an atm machine in Omoku Rivers State after series of withdraws yesterday 19/2/15 dispensed a counterfeit #1000 note. It was a shocker. I immediately alerted the security men there, they advised I wait till 8am when the bank usually opens and all other witnesses around were filled with awe. Finally they opened their doors to customers around 8:30am I walked in and got a bigger surprise; the senior officer or operations manager said there's a possibility I had it on me that I should write a complaint and attach the note (story for the gods). So my dear good people of NL. How do I handle this? I still have the note with me. Lest I forget, there and then a security guard offered me #500 for that same note but I refused. My anger was the attitude of the customer relations officer and whoever the operations manager was for saying I had it on me. I had to collect phone numbers of people who witnessed the incident. So give me the best way to get them not to make such expensive mistake again.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by 19naia(m): 8:29am On Feb 20, 2015
thats the easiest crime for bank employees to do in the banks and not get easily detected.. Banks look for missing money. As long as all the money there is accounted for, they dont worry about much.. So, replacing good bills with fake bills will keep the account going as long as its an employee exchangeing the bills after any counterfiet detection process.
The best security is for the ATM to be equipped with counterfiet detection which then seizes the bill before it is delivered to a customer..

And to think this guy may be paying bank fees to be serviced with theft of his money via counterfiet fraud.. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by MVLOX(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2015
I guess dis is wat we all get for having an incompetent presido....guy no relent oo sue dis tifs who make us queue to keep our money with them den make us queue harder wen we try to get sum back....after all dis dem go still pay person wit counterfeit......like a friend will say "OGUN kill dem all"
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Smartbrainard12: 8:31am On Feb 20, 2015
Why What a Negligence in the Part of the Bank. That was embarrassing.

Hello Nairalanders, Blessed Day To You Guys, My People, BY the Grace of God Almighty. I have a very Important and Rewarding Information For You. There is a document below this Post, Endeavor To Check it Out. It is very interesting and Rewarding, You will not regret doing So. Invest in your Future Today, and The Sky will be your stepping stone. Your Financial Woes Are Over. Get That Rewarding Business To Improve your financial Life, You will Forever be grateful to Me And You Wont regret ever doing so. It Is Word Document, all you have to do is to Download it, Its Kb is not too much, you can afford it and secure you financial future. Thank You. As we expect to hear from you soon. Love Y'all.

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 20, 2015
Na wa ooo...Eleyi gidi gan oo...So,some banks steal better than GEJ..Lobatan..
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by allanphash7(m): 8:33am On Feb 20, 2015
rhis is not funny o..... had it been the only money you have in your account is that 1k and you wanna eat and go somewhere important what would have happened to you and this happen on weekend

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by rottennaija(m): 8:36am On Feb 20, 2015
Some weeks ago, I was drinking bottle of coca cola and found another cover folded inside it... The sellers saw it, but I couldn't do anything since they will say I put the cover inside
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by 19naia(m): 8:36am On Feb 20, 2015
If banks dont protect the nations currency at street level, such as by taking counterfiet circulation seriously, then the nations currency is doomed to further instability and deflated value... Excess currency flowing around will make cash cheap and drive prices up.. When you can sell a 1000 naira note for 500, markets will have to sell a 1000 naira item for 2000 just to make real value on a 1000 note that can be bought for 500.. All because counterfiet floods the currency flow... It drives the value of the money down and prices go up to compensate...
Thats the worst kind of devaluation, when its created internally -rather than adjustment to foriegn factors and currencies.. You can easily see 1million naira notes in the futre, being needed just buy a good meal, if the currency integrity cannot be controlled for any level of reliability when counterfiets are allowed to thrive...

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by debbydee(f): 8:37am On Feb 20, 2015
op do the needful ASAP
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by baski92(m): 8:39am On Feb 20, 2015
Na lie.... U blow,,,,
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by j4sure(m): 8:41am On Feb 20, 2015
Its possible joor

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by shevon: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2015
The same thing happened to me at Ecobank and nothing was done about it. I have sent this post to their customer service via twitter. Let's see what their response will be.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by 0b1nna: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2015
OP you have two options...either you take them up or just pretend it never happened, but don't bother about reporting to their cash officer, operations manager or who ever it is 'cos nothing would be done about it..

Mine happened in fidelity bank. I withdrew about 100k (N500 denomination) and went to a bank across to pay in, the cashier detected it, peforated it and told me to go back to fidelity with the wrapper (since it had the signature of the staff who accepted the fake note) I went back and made a report. They told me all sorts of stories, finally they said they were goint to investigate the matter blah blah blah and find out whose signature it was on the wrapper. Story for amadioha!
Make them sweat a little and get your cash back or do what most Nigerians do, let it slide.
Goodluck!
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by PervRocker: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2015
priscaoge:
Lolest cheesy cheesy

No wonder I see many people counting their money in front of the ATM after withdrawing money just in case cheesy cheesy
u nor even fine seff.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by goldman777: 8:49am On Feb 20, 2015
eco bank is a very poorly managed bank their workers ur very rude and not customer frendly i jus hate dat bank il vote it d worst bank in nigeria in terms of services

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by cozy7(m): 8:52am On Feb 20, 2015
My brother, thst money plenty nah. So I suggest u sue them and paste this story on more social site n news papers. Trust me, no financial institution would like thst kinda scandal.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by 0b1nna: 8:55am On Feb 20, 2015
PervRocker:
u nor even fine seff.

Heheheheeeeey! cheesy this guy!!! Wetin concern beauty and pesin wen ATM pay counterfeit?
Choi
grin grin grin
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by enny09: 8:55am On Feb 20, 2015
my guy threaten the useless ecobank by reporting to bank regulatory bodies either NDIC or CBN or findout other regulatory body for banks and make sure u write an official letter to either of these bodies with photocopies of the counterfeit note and u can also get a lawyer and tell the lawyer to file a suit for the damages done to u with both of u sharing any amount the bank later pay 50-50. and remember ur evidence is the CCTV footage of the ATM, which must be tender in the law court and other witness available, i guess when u get to this level they will be pleading for out of court settlement.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by dulux07(m): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2015
alienvirus:
The head of operation should be sacked and arrested.

Guy, take it easy, if u wer to be the head of operation, or one of the bankers you will act d same way, coz the situatn is very odd, n besides we all make mistakes
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by decountof(m): 8:58am On Feb 20, 2015
i had same experience with an Atm machine @ ikotoun Dm bank,security officer was there,the bank manager told me same,that i probably came with it angry.........i vex oooo
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by zaragoza(m): 8:58am On Feb 20, 2015
Have had same experience at skye bank rumudara ph. I withdrew from their atm then went to pay in at first bank okporo. Immediately the cashier noticed the fake 1000 naira note he ripped it with scissors and gave it back to me. The funniest part was that the woman in front of me was also having two fake notes and in my mind I was already accusing her of deliberately inserting the counterfeit not knowing that the same fate wld befall me .

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by simplynola(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2015
Happend to me at the Sterling Bank ATM Gowon estate Lagos. All the notes i withdrew were simply eyesore, badly celotaped with two different numbers in a note. even other banks rejected it when i tried re-depositing. All these new bank staff are big fraudsters. My advice... never withdraw from atm that is standalone i.e not situated inside a bank. 2 dont withdraw too much on a weekend, so your complaints can be addressed faster.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Kaybaba5(m): 9:00am On Feb 20, 2015
my own story is different, i went to unity bank Branch in Delta State, to withdraw money , to my surprise they paid me with fake 1000 naira note. i collected the money around 5pm from the bank i took it to nearby keystone bank when i got there the cashier identified the fake note, he wanted to put hole on it i said no that i will return the money back to the bank that paid me. i went to the bank the next day . i met a man at the customer service and he begged me that i should just forget it. that they cant replace it for me. so i left with annoyance.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by walosha(f): 9:01am On Feb 20, 2015
I still have my money trapped #14,000.00 trapped with wema bank. those banks officials are thieves.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by meetndee(m): 9:08am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:

Bros no way, am suing them the idiots. Am good o, na una work carry me enter Omoku.

In all I did record my conversation with them inside the bank. The way they were sending me from one desk to another. The response was anticipated, just getting ready to make them pay wella. I told the manager to get the footage from the cctv in the atm ready. Am just laughing in Swahili.

No worry, in court it's all bout facts. They will have to disprove me and three other witnesses I have their contact with that footage. Funny I waved it in front of the camera. My lawyer friend got #700k for cockroach inside a coke bottle for his younger brother outside court talk more of when I've #1000 counterfeit from a bank.
I will be praying for you, only if i go get share 4 any tin wey comot inside. So?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by PervRocker: 9:09am On Feb 20, 2015
0b1nna:

Heheheheeeeey! cheesy this guy!!! Wetin concern beauty and pesin wen ATM pay counterfeit?
Choi
grin grin grin
tongue
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by tooson: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2015
I was ones paid with counterfeit. .. its very much possible
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by biggiedol: 9:15am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:
Were it from someone else I would have given reasons why it will be impossible for an atm machine to dispense counterfeit naira notes. But an atm machine in Omoku Rivers State after series of withdraws yesterday 19/2/15 dispensed a counterfeit #1000 note. It was a shocker. I immediately alerted the security men there, they advised I wait till 8am when the bank usually opens and all other witnesses around were filled with awe. Finally they opened their doors to customers around 8:30am I walked in and got a bigger surprise; the senior officer or operations manager said there's a possibility I had it on me that I should write a complaint and attach the note (story for the gods). So my dear good people of NL. How do I handle this? I still have the note with me. Lest I forget, there and then a security guard offered me #500 for that same note but I refused. My anger was the attitude of the customer relations officer and whoever the operations manager was for saying I had it on me. I had to collect phone numbers of people who witnessed the incident. So give me the best way to get them not to make such expensive mistake again.

It happens, it had happened in my presence before in an UBA ATM in ikotun in lagos, so OP it's not new, even when they still paying out dollars in western union, they still pay fake dollars, just have a proof and witness anyway.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Meringe(m): 9:17am On Feb 20, 2015
See experiences, I never knew that our banks have gone this low.

This thread is enough petition against Nigeria banks, all inclusive. This is robbery.

This is serious, not even one mistake but many experiences.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by pglobal: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2015
write to the bank officially and attach the counterfeit note but state it clear on ur letter of complain that find attached the counterfeit note for their action and have ur own copies. after one week if they could not reply u find attorney and report ur case also state in ur later the statement made by the cso because that is and accusation, also all the phone numbers of the witnessesd should be attached. because u have a good case if u know hw to go about it. thanks may god help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 180k Capital / Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount / Ebenebe Residents Trooped Into Blord's House For Christmas Gifts (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.