Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,483 members, 7,947,932 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit (31718 Views)

Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / UNIZIK Student Ptotests Against Ecobank As ATM Debits Her Without Dispensing / Someone Paid Me With Fake 1000 Note. What Will I Do?? Pics!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by lovely17(m): 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
inikamoze:

Punctuation marks are FREE. Bros pls use them... grin grin grin
life is too short to punctuate on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by darqly(m): 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
Fact is Nigerian banks don't have the tech to detect most counterfeit naira bills. Even the CBN have circulated dodgy notes occasionally. Atms cannot detect counterfeit notes either, at least not the old school models we're using. If it's not spotted by the sorting machine prior to being loaded in the terminals, you'll get a fake. Forget that cctv footage, unless it somehow captured the serial nos of the notes as they were dispensed. The bank should've borne the loss, and more importantly, they shouldn't have questioned your integrity. I'm watching to see who blinks first.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by SS681: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
alienvirus:
The head of operation should be sacked and arrested.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by smasher1(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:

Bros no way, am suing them the idiots. Am good o, na una work carry me enter Omoku.

In all I did record my conversation with them inside the bank. The way they were sending me from one desk to another. The response was anticipated, just getting ready to make them pay wella. I told the manager to get the footage from the cctv in the atm ready. Am just laughing in Swahili.

No worry, in court it's all bout facts. They will have to disprove me and three other witnesses I have their contact with that footage. Funny I waved it in front of the camera. My lawyer friend got #700k for cockroach inside a coke bottle for his younger brother outside court talk more of when I've #1000 counterfeit from a bank.

You think the camera is a CCTV?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by smasher1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Kirinwa:
Sue Ecobank for fraud. Contact me. Its a good case. What people don't know is there's a cctv in every ATM.

You think there is a CCTV in every ATM?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by smasher1(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
inikamoze:

Punctuation marks are FREE. Bros pls use them... grin grin grin

The manager that gave you 2k was for which bank? UBA Or First?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by smasher1(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
chidooh1:
You allowed your ears to hear and accept nonsense from them. It happened to me in lagos, we discovered a day after and rushed back to Eko bank, u need to see what happened, everybody was begging us including their security men we threatened the brand manager to the extent that he took us to his office with serious begging. The one thousand note was replaced and we ordered him to distroy the counterfeit which he did immediately. We took over the bank, all operations stopped they begged and told us not to tell outsiders. It took only two of us to achieve that, don't fear arrange ur friends and embark on a serious mission there. That branch is aware of that, that's what they do they collaborate with fraudsters to help sale counterfeit for them.

Don't try that on a bad day.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by xtripple: 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bank is an institution of learned criminals.

The most corrupt institution.

Even satan is afraid of their lies.

They intentionally put one counterfeit in every one bundle in ATM. Sue them Thiefs
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by afanide: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Akkord4gov:
That is Nigeria for u,u have already been told that no evidence to proof ur claim.So my bro,my advice is accept what cannot be change and fast for 41 days with immense prayers for ur beloved country.With prayers,everything is possible

What do u mean by NO EVIDENCE?

The withdrawer he made has a record of the amount, Time, Denomination, and possibly number written on each note.

If they dont co-operate, get a charge and bail Lawyer and he will win the case for u.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by smasher1(m): 5:11am On Feb 21, 2015
afanide:

What do u mean by NO EVIDENCE?

The withdrawer he made has a record of the amount, Time, Denomination, and possibly number written on each note.

If they dont co-operate, get a charge and bail Lawyer and he will win the case for u.

Just like that?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by smasher1(m): 5:17am On Feb 21, 2015
kenmaro:
I have also been a victim too. My client withdrew over a million naira in the banking hall of UBA bank in Lagos to pay me. All the note(1000naira notes) bundles were sealed in a nylon pack. Only for me to discover a counterfeit perforated note in one of the packs while depositing the money in another bank. I took d note back to UBA but was surprisingly denied by the bank teller. Most Nigerian bank officials are criminally minded and suspicious. Always reconfirm your cash before u leave their presence no matter how large d amount even if it will take some extra time. Change we seek in Nigeria is not only in the govt and political sector, all of us, Nigerians, need a comphrensive individual change. Including all foreigners domicile in Nigeria.

The money you got sealed in nylon pack was likely from CBN.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Chuksgeo: 11:11am On Feb 21, 2015
These bankers play smart a lot and do as if it was chance. In December, I went to collect WU, because the money was a huge sum that would seem needless of me to start counting, the cashier paid me less than #600 thinking I wouldn't count it which I did and when I discovered the shortage and tried complaining he smartly wanted to make me shy away from it since I am cashing a big sum supposedly for Xmas. But trust naija guy like me na I still insisted that he must pay me the reminder but later allowed him only #200. This he later paid trying not to attract much attention already.

My advise is bros organise ur evidences properly and get a good lawyer. Even our fellow Nigerians make life miserable for fellow country mates, so don't let this slide. In May 2013 a lot reports of ATMs in Lagos was reported to be reeling out fake currency notes. This is not a new a thing in this country, it has to stop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latest Way To Start Data Selling Business In Nigeria 2020 / 15 Lucrative Business Students Can Do On School Campus To Make Money / Ikenna Ordor: The Nigerian Building UK's Biggest Supercar Rental Company (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.