Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,299 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit (31608 Views)

Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / UNIZIK Student Ptotests Against Ecobank As ATM Debits Her Without Dispensing / Someone Paid Me With Fake 1000 Note. What Will I Do?? Pics!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Abbey2sam(m): 9:25am On Feb 20, 2015
AmberQueen:
If truly u didn't have it on you & they do nothin to rectify it or show true remorse,sue them for fraud & deceit...

wanna sue a bank?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by ndizzle(m): 9:27am On Feb 20, 2015
The same thing happened to me last month in awka .zenith bank atm by zik's Avenue paid me counterfeit #1,000. It wasnt working hour and i had an occasion to attend.just came to awka to use an atm machine.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2015
Nzeokafor:
na big lie.... u are a thief... dat fake money no follow ATM comot na u put am inside... see as d money rompul... thief... ole

Reasons I love NL. Am taking legal action and people like you will ask for advice someday. With all the testimonies here one thing is sure; it happens.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Pame(m): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2015
It has happened many time over, not to me but people that are close to me. I have seen a situation in which an Enterprise bank teller in Lagos Island paid #7,000 fake notes among the notes she was paid, right across the counter.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by kenmaro: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2015
I have also been a victim too. My client withdrew over a million naira in the banking hall of UBA bank in Lagos to pay me. All the note(1000naira notes) bundles were sealed in a nylon pack. Only for me to discover a counterfeit perforated note in one of the packs while depositing the money in another bank. I took d note back to UBA but was surprisingly denied by the bank teller. Most Nigerian bank officials are criminally minded and suspicious. Always reconfirm your cash before u leave their presence no matter how large d amount even if it will take some extra time. Change we seek in Nigeria is not only in the govt and political sector, all of us, Nigerians, need a comphrensive individual change. Including all foreigners domicile in Nigeria.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by charleff512(m): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:
Were it from someone else I would have given reasons why it will be impossible for an atm machine to dispense counterfeit naira notes. But an atm machine in Omoku Rivers State after series of withdraws yesterday 19/2/15 dispensed a counterfeit #1000 note. It was a shocker. I immediately alerted the security men there, they advised I wait till 8am when the bank usually opens and all other witnesses around were filled with awe. Finally they opened their doors to customers around 8:30am I walked in and got a bigger surprise; the senior officer or operations manager said there's a possibility I had it on me that I should write a complaint and attach the note (story for the gods). So my dear good people of NL. How do I handle this? I still have the note with me. Lest I forget, there and then a security guard offered me #500 for that same note but I refused. My anger was the attitude of the customer relations officer and whoever the operations manager was for saying I had it on me. I had to collect phone numbers of people who witnessed the incident. So give me the best way to get them not to make such expensive mistake again.
Check out my post on www.nairaland.com/1931622/fake-one-thousand-naira-notes
the phenomenon is rampant in banks across the country
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by xenten: 9:31am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:
Were it from someone else I would have given reasons why it will be impossible for an atm machine to dispense counterfeit naira notes. But an atm machine in Omoku Rivers State after series of withdraws yesterday 19/2/15 dispensed a counterfeit #1000 note. It was a shocker. I immediately alerted the security men there, they advised I wait till 8am when the bank usually opens and all other witnesses around were filled with awe. Finally they opened their doors to customers around 8:30am I walked in and got a bigger surprise; the senior officer or operations manager said there's a possibility I had it on me that I should write a complaint and attach the note (story for the gods). So my dear good people of NL. How do I handle this? I still have the note with me. Lest I forget, there and then a security guard offered me #500 for that same note but I refused. My anger was the attitude of the customer relations officer and whoever the operations manager was for saying I had it on me. I had to collect phone numbers of people who witnessed the incident. So give me the best way to get them not to make such expensive mistake again.
its true. I collected one like that from Iyana-Ipaja Branch of Ecobank. I did not suspect because all the notes are were mints. It was when I wanted to pay for something, that my attention was drawn to it. I was very embarrassed. I did not report because it was a weekend. for you to say this has happened again, i am beginning to suspect there is a syndicate in their cash management team who is perpetrating this heinous act. It is evil.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by ajayiopy: 9:33am On Feb 20, 2015
Sanusi has done his best for Nigerian as per e-payment system. Most of the things we withdraw money for can be paid for via POS terminals but the problem of POS in Nigeria is getting the value for your transaction on the next day.CBN needs to work on this so that POS can be more effective and reliable
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by k9ine(m): 9:33am On Feb 20, 2015
@pasino26
I praise your smartness the moment you noticed it - waving it at the CCTV, getting witnesses contacts, and recording your complaints to the bank.
Get a GOOD lawyer, sue for damages and the slandering of your name. What the Judge would be looking at is if there are records to show that the ATM paid you the said N1,000 fake note, I'm sure you have these. The court will make a requisition of their CCTV footages.
DON'T EVER ATTACH THE FAKE NOTE TO THE LETTER YOU GONNA WRITE, LEST IT BE DECLARED MISSING OF CHANGED WITH A GOOD ONE!
This is a sad story. A similar thing happened to me few days ago. I withdrew from a First Bank ATM, the following day I wanted to make a deposit at another bank, behold the cashier detected a fake note. I tore it right there. You may ask why - how do I prove it to the paying bank the note did not come from me since it was a day later.
I can guarantee the bank will be calling you to settle out of court.(You got their balls in your hand).
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by LuckyLadolce(m): 9:34am On Feb 20, 2015
alienvirus:
The head of operation should be sacked and arrested.
GIVE UR REASONS
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by xenten: 9:35am On Feb 20, 2015
Nzeokafor:
na big lie.... u are a thief... dat fake money no follow ATM comot na u put am inside... see as d money rompul... thief... ole

you are definitely an ideot.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by menix(m): 9:38am On Feb 20, 2015
Its very possible for ATM to pay u a counterfeit, its actually d fault of the ATM custodian who did not do a good job.

Also I won't blame d operations manager cous I ve met a customer who walked into d bank wiv torn 500 naira note nd claimed atm paid him in 500 naira notes nd none of the branch ATm pays in 500 naira denomination.

I told him if he had not come up wiv such story I wuld ve helped him out, he left wiv shame knowing he came to d wrong shop...
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by loomer: 9:42am On Feb 20, 2015
alienvirus:
The head of operation should be sacked and arrested.

Na head of operations de put money for ATM?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:

Bros no way, am suing them the idiots. Am good o, na una work carry me enter Omoku.

In all I did record my conversation with them inside the bank. The way they were sending me from one desk to another. The response was anticipated, just getting ready to make them pay wella. I told the manager to get the footage from the cctv in the atm ready. Am just laughing in Swahili.

No worry, in court it's all bout facts. They will have to disprove me and three other witnesses I have their contact with that footage. Funny I waved it in front of the camera. My lawyer friend got #700k for cockroach inside a coke bottle for his younger brother outside court talk more of when I've #1000 counterfeit from a bank.
You go fear say the CCTV no dey work. I don get that experience for UBA, mine was even around 7pm. Security man know how e happen, but the bank officers no agree the next day and I no show for the camera cos e no dey work.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by menix(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2015
k9ine:
@pasino26
I praise your smartness the moment you noticed it - waving it at the CCTV, getting witnesses contacts, and recording your complaints to the bank.
Get a GOOD lawyer, sue for damages and the slandering of your name. What the Judge would be looking at is if there are records to show that the ATM paid you the said N1,000 fake note, I'm sure you have these. The court will make a requisition of their CCTV footages.
DON'T EVER ATTACH THE FAKE NOTE TO THE LETTER YOU GONNA WRITE, LEST IT BE DECLARED MISSING OF CHANGED WITH A GOOD ONE!
This is a sad story. A similar thing happened to me few days ago. I withdrew from a First Bank ATM, the following day I wanted to make a deposit at another bank, behold the cashier detected a fake note. I tore it right there. You may ask why - how do I prove it to the paying bank the note did not come from me since it was a day later.
I can guarantee the bank will be calling you to settle out of court.(You got their balls in your hand).

Broz wake up frm ur sleep, sue cous of 1k in 9ja nd u pay d lawyer 200 naira bah..
Let give pple d right advice..

@OP.. Jst write them a complaint letter stating diz facts u mentioned, very sure it wuld b resolved buh sincerely u wuld b fukin dat security man's job

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Joel3(m): 9:49am On Feb 20, 2015
There was a time i received half not from atn.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by alienvirus: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2015
dulux07:

Guy, take it easy, if u wer to be the head of operation, or one of the bankers you will act d same way, coz the situatn is very odd, n besides we all make mistakes
and loomer.

He should be sacked because he alleged he had the bad currency with him before he withdrew from the ATM. He thought he was smart but he was acting BS.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by lovely17(m): 9:52am On Feb 20, 2015
my own funny this last Tuesday my first bank ATM.card got stuck in UBA bank Atm I was That time the bank was close so I had to wait till the next day no probs woke up the next day bounced to the bank then I met the shock of my life I was told the ATM as been destroyed that day was not smiling I almost tore that bank down and new ATM was 1000 the manager had to give me 2k for conpesation as nd 1k for new atm it was not funny no be small thing so @op no dull at all threathen fire and hailstorm they will refund the money
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Texykool: 9:53am On Feb 20, 2015
sammieguze:
Na today?

There was a day i left d office unknowingly wit an empty wallet.

Lift is not working and i can't climb stairs to the fifth floor to retrieve my money so, i decided to just use the atm and withdraw 1000 naira to use as tfare. Lo and behold, the sole note dispensed to me is a fake note. Shaperly i went into the banking hall and changed the money.

The idiot wanted to claim i had other notes on me so i just showed her my wallet containing just 200 naira.

She got no choice o.

Btw... Myself and some of my colleagues has been a victim many times.

Akure (alagbaka)

Happened to me too... FUTA, Akure.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by loomer: 9:56am On Feb 20, 2015
alienvirus:
and loomer.

He should be sacked because he alleged he had the bad currency with him before he withdrew from the ATM. He thought he was smart but he was acting BS.

Yes, its possible he had the money on him cos nobody go stand with am wen him de collect the money from the machine.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Malawian(m): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2015
meen, things are happening.

the one i know of is the already torn (almost 3/4 in size) 1000 note my friend withdrew from the ATM.

i didnt even know of this fake notes.

i suppose cashless is the way to go.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by nebukadnezzari(m): 10:05am On Feb 20, 2015
Guy pls dont let this slip abeg if you do it will continue, its time we nigerians fight to better this country abeg. Corruptiin don tire me and if we dont stop it, my own go worse oh. The security guard offering u money for a counterfeit note must go down as well. I SMELL A CARTEL.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2015
loomer:

Yes, its possible he had the money on him cos nobody go stand with am wen him de collect the money from the machine.

I withdrew enough not to bother for a meagre #1k. God has blessed me and not even your comment can make me feel insulted.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by k9ine(m): 10:05am On Feb 20, 2015
menix:

Broz wake up frm ur sleep, sue cous of 1k in 9ja nd u pay d lawyer 200 naira bah..

@OP.. Jst write them a complaint letter stating diz facts u mentioned, very sure it wuld b resolved buh sincerely u wuld b fukin dat security man's job
Interesting you said I am asleep, then you are awake. ok na.
If he does'nt shake them legally nothing will happen, they will dash him some 'coins' and it will repeat itself. Are you not surprised that a security man at the bank was offering to buy the fake note for N500, what do you think he was going to do with it - frame it and hang it on the wall of his home as a spoil of war.
A staff is playing smart there.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by loomer: 10:09am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:

I withdrew enough not to bother for a meagre #1k. God has blessed me and not even your comment can make me feel insulted.

I'm not trying to insult any one, its a two way thing.

There are always 2 sides to a story
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Austinio: 10:11am On Feb 20, 2015
Same thing happened to me on the 25 dec 2014 @ UBA branch near lbuzor junction Asaba.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by redsquare(m): 10:12am On Feb 20, 2015
menix:

Exactly. People have been advising the OP to sue the Bank because of 1k as if it is that easy in our present day Naija.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by soldierdollar(m): 10:18am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:

You have no witness as long as the security do not want to lose their jobs .

Case closed !
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by 100Cents: 10:20am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:

No bank will treat your request based on word of mouth.

You should have written the complaint and attach the N1,000 note before leaving the premises. You would have gotten your money back being that you had witnesses. That is the only way to handle that case. Only that branch can resolve it.

The operations manager would then querry the ATM officer..
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by 100Cents: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2015
priscaoge:
Lolest cheesy cheesy

No wonder I see many people counting their money in front of the ATM after withdrawing money just in case cheesy cheesy

Before nko ?

Is the ATM your brother that you will trust it ?

Mind you, what you feed to the ATM is what it will give out. Some people think ATM manufactures naira notes, sorts it, separates good from bad notes, destroys bad notes and pays good ones. I laugh..

That machine is very dumb. Humans pass through so much care to feed the machine with clean notes that will not plug its exit hole while making payments.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by alienvirus: 10:29am On Feb 20, 2015
loomer:

And you thought the security men on duty wouldn't have confirmed that before they admitted his allegation?
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Franknigga(m): 10:30am On Feb 20, 2015
I had that experience to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount / Ebenebe Residents Trooped Into Blord's House For Christmas Gifts (Pictures) / What Business Can I Start With 180k Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.