Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) (58952 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A9 With 6 Inch Full HD Display Officially Unveiled / SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Was Released Today, See This... / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Edusouls(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
ckhelvin:
Samsung is far way back in terms of design..and believe me when I say with design like dis don't think dey can see way past iPhone 6..thou sometimes specs doesn't really count but wat matters is the smooth user interface .and apple av claimed and succeeded to bin the top-dog in smartphone biz..
brother you dont know what you are talking about, ol boy these are more than phönes these are powerful handheld computers,far way powerful, i phone 6 don see competitors wey pass am..

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Holywizard: 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
bigtt76:
Are they competing? Everyone has priorities dear Seun might be quiet but not extravagant. To me once a fone can make calls and browse the Internet I'm OK. Not down with the joneses grin

does it mean he might be using nokia c1
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
OohMpa:
Quite dumb actually.....

Samsung just shot themselves in the foot with the exclusions of sd card and removable battery, their edge against other Android flagships; all in joining the trend of obsession for thinness.

And with the so called "thin crave", they shrunk the battery with a battery hog of a resolution and super Amoled. We'll wait for the battery tests though
Even downgraded to a single led flash....angry

Ooh Mpa sees a further plummet in sales especially in the dev category seeing they opted for in house Soc with less open source

Ooh Mpa is sticking with his note 4 for the next two years. THANKS angry
actually , it isn't as bad as you think...just check out the hands on and the live stream event.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
ollah1:
The s6 edge is insanely beautiful
it's gorgeous cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by yaudee(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
Samsung has officially unveiled the galaxy s6 and s6 edge with a 3GB Ram , 32GB/64GB/128GB , 577ppi density , corning gorilla glass 4 and an Exynos 7420 Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6-6849.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6_edge-7079.php

Hands on here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QJIayQLY7c

See photos:
The phone is great my concern is the battery and price!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
psychologist:
The same old shit in a new casing
Team tecno
Team neveragain
na wash jare tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Edusouls(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
Chemosynthesis:
Wao! Nice one. Thank God I am using S5 and I will soon get this one. wink
hungry nigerboy i dey feel you forming, nothing do you ma guy..
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
horlabiyi:
I never see money buy s5 now s6 is out.
lol , GOD will provide.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
I never get S5 yet another beast S6 is out cry
lol
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
HyDef:
I'm not very enthralled by the design. Still the same Galaxy look, and to me, the Galaxy look is boring.

Top of the line specs, although I don't think the removal of water-resistance was such a spectacular idea. I know they want to reserve that feature for the S6 Active, but that's one of the selling points of the Xperia Z line, and by addressing that, they prevent the competition from having an obvious pro.

You don't expect an OEM to pack all features in a phone. If they do and the phone malfunctions we will still complain. Why do some people think iOS is better than android? Its cos its light and has less features. Now look at iOS 8 that has packed some high end features, is it stable? Like u said its reserved for the Active line, if thats what a consumer needs, he should opt for that
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
nairaman66:
Just an average phone!

SG 3, SG 4, 5 and 6 are one and thesame phone!!
nah , the S6 specifically ain't an 'average phone'
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by romzyxy(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ipledge:
Na God go purnish Samsung when am still planning to buy my S5,I never see the money sad

we r putting on the same shoe here. Bt some are planing 2 for d S6. such is life.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Edusouls:
brother you dont know what you are talking about, ol boy these are more than phönes these are powerful handheld computers,far way powerful, i phone 6 don see competitors wey pass am..

Note 4 already murdered iPhone 6 but its too big to some people. But these phones super murdered it
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Sunymoore(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Billyonaire:
I live in Nigeria, and network isnt bad at all. There is no going back on cloud, its the future. Remember diskette ?
Is the future of course, but the whole world is not ready sir... Ohh the diskette, Diskette was 1.44 MB in size, But flash and SSD provides more space, portability and life span... What is the egde of cloud over SD card ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Edusouls(m): 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
horlabiyi:
boy go save money, chop wella ooo, hunger go dabaru you for niger, these machines are not meant for third world brother..
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
ignis:
No much difference with samsung Galaxy S5,
Same plastic casing.
lol , it's metal this time around + it's been confirmed to be a durable device. wink
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Georgematics(m): 10:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Holywizard:
trust me Linda Ikeji will first Seun to buy this phone.
Seun prove me wrong.

Just #200,000
we dey supply de london use oh...incase anyborry need am. 25%discount. grab ur copy while stock last.!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Edusouls(m): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
horlabiyi:
go save money chop wella first ma guy, no go dy dream about these luxuries no be for poor man..
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by dramaine(m): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
So what would happen to my s5 now?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
yaudee:

The phone is great my concern is the battery and price!
pricing isn't available yet ( it'll be around 650 dollars hopefully ). as for the battery , the phone is battery friendly ( according to what i heard while i live streamed it ).
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ketekete: 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hands on with the new Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.

Learn More: http://ketekete.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6-plus/
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sunymoore:

Is the future of course, but the whole world is not ready sir... Ohh the diskette, Diskette was 1.44 MB in size, But flash and SSD provides more space, portability and life span... What is the egde of cloud over SD card ?
with cloud, files are operable on several platforms including phones, TV, tablets, and even multiple devices, secondly, it has capacity for limitless capacity expansivity. The samsung phones comes with 115GB of free OneDrive cloud storage (wetin you wan store pass this one, abi you wan store holy ghost). SD is a hardware, cant be integrated to all platforms, there is limit to its capacity expansivity. Let's argue to learn, not to win. Cos I have no time to further this dialogues.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Kzealz(m): 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
if dis phone can not call God
.. its as useless as P in psychology..
sabi na pinging.. my tecno de do am
#TecnoF9

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by KcVictor(m): 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
No much difference between s5 apart from the Designs.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Ejjis(m): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
How much?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by simdam500(m): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
angry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Engrpj(m): 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
Patiently waiting for the 2nd hand grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
KcVictor:
No much difference between s5 apart from the Designs.

Do you know the meaning of difference at all?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by OohMpa: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
Billyonaire:

What bothers me is why techies always like to show off their knowledge by arguing and condemning. SD Card isnt necessary in this and next generation, the reason is simple. Cloud computing saves us all the energy of shopping for large Gb storage from hardwares. Samsung has cloud service, so what I and every other futuristic person do is store all your files in the cloud play them right from there using any of your samsung phones, tv etc. Stop arguing about SD, it simply makes you sound so 19th century. No insult intended.

None taken bro smiley

Sony started with an Xperia s with no sd, had losses and released Xperia z and recent flagships with one

Htc started with One x and One M7, had record breaking losses; included the sd card in M8 and have gotten slim profits

This is Android - open source
Until they move to Ios or even Windows, most users appreciate expansions Cloud storage or not.

Funny enough, Sandisk released a 200gb sd card today after their Q3 profit results. Even the ones clamoring for Sd cards are the ones living in areas better suited for the cloud storage. If you doubt, read up comments, hands on and reviews from today

And NO, it ain't show off lol
It's akin to politics, you debate with facts and figures

#Sai

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Sunymoore(m): 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
Billyonaire:
with cloud, files are operable on several platforms including phones, TV, tablets, and even multiple devices, secondly, it has capacity for limitless capacity expansivity. SD is a hardware, cant be integrated to all platforms, there is limit to its capacity expansivity. Let's argue to learn, not to win. Cos I have no time to further this dialogues.
You gave nice points.. I'm not here to win but to learn too.. its all well...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
OohMpa:

None taken bro smiley

Sony started with an Xperia s with no sd, had losses and released Xperia z and recent flagships with one

Htc started with One x and One M7, had record breaking losses; included the sd card in M8 and have gotten slim profits

This is Android - open source
Until they move to Ios or even Windows, most users appreciate expansions Cloud storage or not.

Funny enough, Sandisk released a 200gb sd card today after their Q3 profit results. Even the ones clamoring for Sd cards are the ones living in areas better suited for the cloud storage. If you doubt, read up comments, hands on and reviews from today

And NO, it ain't show off lol
It's akin to politics, you debate with facts and figures

#Sai

Are you aware that the Samsung S6 comes preloaded with Windows apps including 115GB of free OneDrive cloud storage ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Confuciusng(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Garbage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glo Unveils 1GB For N200 / "Anytime You Buy Fairly Used Phone, You Could Be Buying Your Way To Prison".PICS / Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.