Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,698 members, 7,914,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:57 PM

Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) (59107 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A9 With 6 Inch Full HD Display Officially Unveiled / SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Was Released Today, See This... / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by HyDef(m): 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
ollah1:

You don't expect an OEM to pack all features in a phone. If they do and the phone malfunctions we will still complain. Why do some people think iOS is better than android? Its cos its light and has less features. Now look at iOS 8 that has packed some high end features, is it stable? Like u said its reserved for the Active line, if thats what a consumer needs, he should opt for that

I agree with you completely, but I find it strange to have such a feature on one iteration and then just remove it. I understand that there is a limit, but personally (and maybe that's just the thing), I find water-resistance a selling point. So like you said, it's about what the consumer wants. As long as there is no downgrading on the S6 Active (at least significant downgrading), I'll be fine with that.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Emmayur(m): 12:33am On Mar 02, 2015
I love samsung i swear but emmm Iphone 6 nah the boss for now.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by daxon001(m): 12:39am On Mar 02, 2015
ollah1:
The s6 edge is insanely beautiful
kini?phone wey b like nokia c3undecided
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by OGeeKush(m): 12:45am On Mar 02, 2015
With dis kyn phone. Nna ehn. I no even need car to chyke anymore grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Gamesound(m): 1:00am On Mar 02, 2015
Wow! I surely get S6 edge its very cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Leopantro: 1:15am On Mar 02, 2015
Billyonaire:
with cloud, files are operable on several platforms including phones, TV, tablets, and even multiple devices, secondly, it has capacity for limitless capacity expansivity. The samsung phones comes with 115GB of free OneDrive cloud storage (wetin you wan store pass this one, abi you wan store holy ghost). SD is a hardware, cant be integrated to all platforms, there is limit to its capacity expansivity. Let's argue to learn, not to win. Cos I have no time to further this dialogues.

are you aware that onedrive has a problem that Microsoft has been unable to fix? upload speed has no issues but download speed is limited to 355kb/s. have confirmed it on laptops but not on phones. it's still an open question on the Microsoft forum that is yet to be solved.imagine trying to sync files across devices with that limitation.

the cloud has great merits but with the constant thread of hacking, as the past have showed us, is it secure. you have to factor being online real-time to access your files. in developed countries that's not an issue. Nigeria is getting there but not there yet.then again, they didn't make such phones with third world counties in mind

another issues with the internal memory, if you take pictures a lot your thumb files keep increasing in size.mine gets up to 3gig. if I get a 32gig version of which 6 gig will be for NAND and OS, subtract another 9gig for two or more ROMS to flash. that's more than half already gone for files I can't move to the cloud.

pity I can't have my own personal cloud. or can't I?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 02, 2015
Sweet Lord I hate androids
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by VellyG(m): 3:49am On Mar 02, 2015
Barselonia:
team tecno..... still rocking my tecno.... F7... still doing d same function
Am yet to see a reason why i should dump my F7. Does literally all the function I expect from it.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by killzone(m): 4:08am On Mar 02, 2015
Billyonaire:

What bothers me is why techies always like to show off their knowledge by arguing and condemning. SD Card isnt necessary in this and next generation, the reason is simple. Cloud computing saves us all the energy of shopping for large Gb storage from hardwares. Samsung has cloud service, so what I and every other futuristic person do is store all your files in the cloud play them right from there using any of your samsung phones, tv etc. Stop arguing about SD, it simply makes you sound so 19th century. No insult intended.
in this generation not in. Nigeria because Nigeria is at the back is it all this our service providers network or mb u want to use upload besides not everyone in naija has the money to acquire all these 4G service providers like swift, and be subscribing
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by killzone(m): 4:10am On Mar 02, 2015
zizirecords:
I share your view. This is absolute rubbish! Rebranding the same old trash and marketing it as special. It couldn't even get a 4G RAM memory. Choi! I will remain with HTC for now. The new M9 on my mind. angry undecided
are u minding samsung always little improvement in spec,wack design and they want us to buy the phone at one high price like this
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by killzone(m): 4:12am On Mar 02, 2015
Sunymoore:

You're joking sir.. Even in the US people still complain about cloud storage... Because network at times is pretty low and some places have virtually no network... This phone is supposed to be international version, so SD card is God sent in some part of the world, Nigeria inclusive
thank u so I upload my files to the onedrive with which mb in naija and where's the network we don't even have good 4G speed
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by killzone(m): 4:12am On Mar 02, 2015
Sunymoore:

You're joking sir.. Even in the US people still complain about cloud storage... Because network at times is pretty low and some places have virtually no network... This phone is supposed to be international version, so SD card is God sent in some part of the world, Nigeria inclusive
thank u so I upload my files to the onedrive with which mb in naija and where's the network we don't even have good 4G speed talkless of even having 4G sef

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ketekete: 4:50am On Mar 02, 2015
The biggest smartphone we will ever see will remain in the rainge of 5 to 5.5 inches wide.

Learn More: http://ketekete.com/the-race-for-the-biggest-smartphone-is-over/

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 02, 2015
Just change of design and improved ram same old poo

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by onochieco(m): 7:09am On Mar 02, 2015
this phone is still outdated compared to my Nokia E63 tongue undecided

I reject Poverty!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2015
1bkaye:
Sweet Lord I hate androids

Go suc.k a dic.k
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2015
Emmayur:
I love samsung i swear but emmm Iphone 6 nah the boss for now.

Boss of Wetin? Note 4 already murdered it. What is this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 02, 2015
onochieco:
this phone is still outdated compared to my Nokia E63 tongue undecided

I reject Poverty!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
If your calling S6 outdated and your still using E63 that means in 10 years time you'll be using 3310

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 02, 2015
HyDef:

I agree with you completely, but I find it strange to have such a feature on one iteration and then just remove it. I understand that there is a limit, but personally (and maybe that's just the thing), I find water-resistance a selling point. So like you said, it's about what the consumer wants. As long as there is no downgrading on the S6 Active (at least significant downgrading), I'll be fine with that.

It is a selling point and I don't think sammy would downgrade the active version. I think sammy wants s6 and the edge to be cute and very functional without any issues. They have slimed down Touchwiz too.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by temmypotter(m): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2015
YNeme3E:
other pple are moving forward.. U still in tecno age..
so this is what occurs to you as moving forward?..really?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by netbizmoney: 7:54am On Mar 02, 2015
Classic phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by abatically(m): 8:01am On Mar 02, 2015
Now I can finally go back to Samsung after 2 years of porting to HTC. This is a really beautifully made phone. And they trimmed down touch wiz to make it lighter.

But hold on, no expandable memory? The HTC one m9 equally looks gorgeous and it has expandable memory. Hmm looks like I'm a stick with HTC because I know sense would always be smoother than touchwiz
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Baadal(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2015
Note 4 is still d best! Nice phones though!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 8:07am On Mar 02, 2015
abatically:
Now I can finally go back to Samsung after 2 years of porting to HTC. This is a really beautifully made phone. And they trimmed down touch wiz to make it lighter.

But hold on, no expandable memory? The HTC one m9 equally looks gorgeous and it has expandable memory. Hmm looks like I'm a stick with HTC because I know sense would always be smoother than touchwiz
lol , it comes in 32GB , 64GB and 128GB and as for touchwiz it's faster now.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Femistico(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2015
infact if I get any of these phones I can f**k any girl I like..
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2015
ollah1:

Go suc.k a dic.k
Bring it for me

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by abatically(m): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2015
OohMpa:
Quite dumb actually.....

Samsung just shot themselves in the foot with the exclusions of sd card and removable battery, their edge against other Android flagships; all in joining the trend of obsession for thinness.

And with the so called "thin crave", they shrunk the battery with a battery hog of a resolution and super Amoled. We'll wait for the battery tests though
Even downgraded to a single led flash....angry

Ooh Mpa sees a further plummet in sales especially in the dev category seeing they opted for in house Soc with less open source

Ooh Mpa is sticking with his note 4 for the next two years. THANKS angry

Removing the expandable memory is a big let down as it has always been their selling point, but that's the reason they start with 32gb model up to 128gb (no more 16gb models). Also having files in SD cards slows down the phone overtime and Samsung's main focus here is for this phone to be fast and lag free like the HTC one m7/m8. We will have to wait and see how that turns out.

They reduced the battery size and added rapid charging. They claim the exynos chip uses very low energy, again we wait and see. In all honesty, it is not how big the battery is but how well the software can optimize it.

I love this phone and thinking of buying one already, but I'll have to wait to see a few reviews before I make my decision. The HTC one m9 looks flawaless and I just might stick with HTC.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by abatically(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2015

lol , it comes in 32GB , 64GB and 128GB and as for touchwiz it's faster now.

Yea, I know it comes with 32gb as the lowest model (smart move). But u can't say for sure if touchwiz is faster. Sense has always been way faster and smoother than touchwiz. In the review by technobuffalo, the s6 still stutters a little when pressing the home button. It still takes lik e 1-2 seconds for the weather widget at the home screen to load. This is without even downloading any apps, what will happen when u load it with apps. This is something u will never see in HTC one m7/m8 not to talk of m9.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2015
dondemex:
Just change of design and improved ram same old poo
the phone ain't no 'poo' , just check out the hands on.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Sunymoore(m): 8:21am On Mar 02, 2015
killzone:
thank u so I upload my files to the onedrive with which mb in naija and where's the network we don't even have good 4G speed
4G bro? Even 2G is not perfected in Nigeria bro... I bet 80% of our youth cannot afford that.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 8:21am On Mar 02, 2015
killzone:
are u minding samsung always little improvement in spec,wack design and they want us to buy the phone at one high price like this
Apple iphones best suits that category.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Avatar(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2015
Sunymoore:

4G bro? Even 2G is not perfected in Nigeria bro... I bet 80% of our youth cannot afford that.
it's not a 'must' for you to get the device , if you can't afford it...fine , if you can...well praise the lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

WhatsApp Is Down All Over The World / How To Fix All Dstv Now Error Codes || 503, Sna 403, Per 0, Per 1, Eve 403 / How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.