Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,085 members, 7,887,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:23 PM

modify is the only way to delete... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / modify is the only way to delete... (3423 Views)

Man Asks Side Chic To Delete His Photo From Her Instagram Page / Is Marriage The Only Way To Secure A Relationship / Ladies who Reply Msgs As If Dey Ar Being Charged Per Letter* Delete or Ignore ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

modify is the only way to delete... by TaniCarr(f): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2006
not sure why you set this up like this....
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by GNature(m): 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2006
@TaniCarr

Have you been with a Nigerian guy that treated you or thought of you
as a harlot ? OR are you just going by hear say ?
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by MrLoverMAn(m): 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2006
just be yourself
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by iice(f): 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2006
Hope and pray you meet a Nigerian man who really wants and loves you just the way you are
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by ikamefa(f): 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2006
iice:

Hope and pray you meet a Nigerian man who really wants and loves you just the way you are

word!
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by emeka83: 8:57am On Aug 31, 2006
TaniCarr:

I am declaring myself officially single again,although I guess in the guys mind I have been single all along. I just want to know how an american girl who love the nigerian culture, get a Nigerian to see her as more than just an "acata" or an black american.What are some signs that he may like us for real? undecided What can we do to make Nigerian men look at us as possible wives and not just harlots.

sorry,,,,,,tell BET to stop presentin AA girls as booty calls and maybe that will help. Also NIgerian men mostly like family oriented women that care about his family as well, not one that will come in create a gap. In general Nigerian men prefer nigerian women because of the same reason that i am explaining this thread to u. NIgerian women just get it because they are nigerian u see?,,,,,,,

yeah,,,,,,one more thing,,,,,do u have a thick accent, as in a strong AA accent,,,,,trust me that might not be helping either
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by TaniCarr(f): 9:28am On Aug 31, 2006
Well, I have never been called a harlot but I know lots of nigerian men use us for sex. I live in Dallas and that's all you see.You will see them "dating" but never married for real. I can't stop BET from showing booty on TV what do I have to do with that? Obviosly being yorself is not enough to know if they are taking you serious or not. I know that most of us are easy to have sex with which doesn't make matters any better,but for me I'm not like that. I love God and by his grace I keep my legs closed.Nigerian men have always liked me but sometimes I wonder why.Like at my church,I get approached all of the time.They take me out on dates and then try to hav sex with me when I say now it's like they are offended as if I am suppose to do it.Like that's what I am made for.I hate that!!!!!!I'm am not a toilet,so no one will dumped their mess in me whenever they need to.HOLYGHOST FIRE!!!!!!!!I REFUSE IT. I really had to work hard to gain a good reputation in the african community,because they think we are all bad. I cook egusi,moi moi,okra soup,jollaf rice and I am nice and yet I still get men who just think I am suppose to have sex with them,THAT"S NONSENSE.I am not a virgin,in fact I am very from it,but I still have to respect myself as a child of God.What do you think?
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by 1k001(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2006
I guess it is difficult to shake off the stereotype conferred on AA women. Same as nigerians being labelled as scammers or arabs as terrorists. That's how our world is today, thanks in no small measure to the all mighty media. All i can say is just keep plugging away and you'll eventually get what you desire. The qualities you possess will someday attract a gentleman of similar character. Then you'll live happily ever after smiley
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by superman(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2006
TaniCarr i dig ur style! nonesense? hahaha oh well u sound nice fro real unlike that ghana must go fat gal in the house "trini_gal" jealous because nigerian men are shaggin all the gals!
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by PTBNaija(f): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2006
I do have to admit that the stereotypes that are portrayed against AA women are sad, but anybody who sees stuff like that on t.v. will always have that in the back of their minds even if they don't just come out and say that to you.

Your best bet honestly, is just to look for a guy that will love you, and I don't see why you feel the need to just limit yourself to Nigerian men when there are so many guys out there (I'm not knocking on my naija bros out there though wink) But just as you wish for Nigerian guys to open their eyes, you need to open your eyes as well that there are actually other guys in the world out there, and many that are perfectly capable of loving you just the way that you are. Don't keep chasing after something (in terms of relationships) that have failed many times before. Because if it's not working, then it's not working and it's time to move on and try something else.

But whatever your decision is, I wish you luck smiley

1 Like

Re: modify is the only way to delete... by superman(m): 1:06am On Sep 03, 2006
TaniCarr ur quest for a nigerain man is not a bad move! keep ur eagle eye open nevermind the hater bound to rot in hell
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by gigitte(f): 7:04am On Sep 09, 2006
lol tanicarr, don mind those foolish naija men, what are they doing in church? pray that God will give u ur own non-419 man ojare
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2006
tanicarr
i am the man for u any dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

u can buzz me lets chatttttttttttttt

i think my address shouldbe in my profile i guess wink

take care
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by katherinae(f): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2006
nigerian men are overrated, and i think most of them were naturally born with minimal brain damage. hmm u sure u want that, i guess just dont have sex with them
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by superman(m): 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2006
katherinae

are u referring to ur uncle or emm yea?
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by krudol(m): 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2006
Study their minds and understand them
before u reach out for d heart
don't go opening them legs
or else they'll disrespect ya
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 22, 2006
katherinae:

nigerian men are overrated, and i think most of them were naturally born with minimal brain damage. hmm u sure u want that, i guess just don't have sex with them

@katherinae

well thanks for the compliments
1.   minimal brain damage-  that means they r actually ok . maybe u would have said maximum brain damage

superman:

katherinae

are u referring to your uncle or emm yea?
2.there is a probability that the men u have dated or dating have minimal brain damage- with simple logic A implies B and B implies C then A=B so there is a possibililty for u to assume most nigerian men have brain damage then  u might have been following the few that had which means u also have minima brain damage( likes follow like)

3. ur a beautiful girl so stop following dumb men

have a splendid dayyyyy cheesy
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by Saddam: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2006
@katherinae

How dear you say such?

Ur Future Husband will surffer From minimal brain damage- May be ur numerous boy friends are overrated.
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by katherinae(f): 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2006
God forbid, the man i will marry will be very intelligent, look dont get mad at me because i only speak the truth. why dont u guys change the way u treat women regardless of whether they are nigerians, american born nigerians, white americans, or black americans
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2006
katherinae:

God forbid, the man i will marry will be very intelligent, look don't get mad at me because i only speak the truth. why don't u guys change the way u treat women regardless of whether they are nigerians, american born nigerians, white americans, or black americans

well katherinae
the problem is not with the men it is with the ladies, how ? u might ask
girls love guy that tell them lies and treat them shabily, u should ask your self how come u ladies don't fall for guys that treat u like a queen, an angel which u indeed are with all of your beauty.

well until women begin to follow their heart and sepreate real guys from quacks am hell sorry many will be treated wrongly and they would be forced to generalise that all guys are same,

mind u your mr intelligent may or maynot be mr caring, mr loving, mr smouching, mr romantic may not be all u think he can be but just note he might be mr loving.

take care and don't date dumb men your too beautiful
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by katherinae(f): 3:08am On Oct 23, 2006
thanks for hte advice Mr. KACEY

I do know how to pick a guy worthy of me.
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by kimba(m): 3:54am On Oct 24, 2006
katherinae:

God forbid, the man i will marry will be very intelligent, look don't get mad at me because i only speak the truth. why don't u guys change the way u treat women regardless of whether they are nigerians, american born nigerians, white americans, or black americans
or Chinese Nigerians!!

why don't u guys change the way u treat women,
Its like you have more to say, spit it out.

Who's the Nigerian boi that made you cry? how could he?

Mention his name and let me deal him a karate kick!!!

chiang??
haya!!!!
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by katherinae(f): 1:03am On Oct 25, 2006
Lol Kimba

thank u but i can handle myself. and no nigerian boy hurt my feelings. i am just a little fed up of hearing non-nigerian girls repeat the same old story. it is not a sin to like a nigerian brother, infact they should be flattered, and just learn to appreciate ladies. u dont know how many nigerian brothers have approached me in a very disrespectful manner, until they hear my accent and realize that i be naija babe. then their whole persona changes. its a real turn off. so sweety, i love my nigerian brothers, but i am quit ashamed that they act the way they do, and if u really want to date an african opt for maybe a ghanian, or cameroonian. goodluck dear.
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by krudol(m): 2:26am On Oct 25, 2006
katherinae:

if u really want to date an african opt for maybe a ghanian, or cameroonian. goodluck dear.
u need help
if u feel ghanian or whatever
are better than nigerian men
these days people don't generalize that way
did u do any research b4
coming to that conclusion
u really,really need to be examined
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 25, 2006
well she really need to be examined

likes follow like, the impression u give the men thats how they will take u.

until u begin to carry ur self with respect am sorry dear u would only get 2nd calss nigerian men and probably some ghanian boyz
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by Uche2nna(m): 6:44am On Oct 25, 2006
Word! Like begets like.
The Person that complains that flies are becoming a nuisance shd think more of what is attracting the flies.
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by katherinae(f): 2:39am On Oct 26, 2006
ehya krudol

i know the truth hurts, but u know nigerian men can be extremely silly, they think so highly of them selves when they havent accomplished jack. they are extremely shallow when they them selves should wear paperbags and alot of them think they are God's gift to women, chai i pity una. i have a lot of african friends from west africa, and it is sad to say that i am dissappointed by the way the naija brothers treat their women, especially those who date non nigerians. im sure u urself u know what i am talkin about. so please dont shoot hte messenger,
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by Uche2nna(m): 4:53am On Oct 26, 2006
I wonder how u arrived at this lopsided decision undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by TaniCarr(f): 6:30am On Oct 26, 2006
It's not like I have an eye for Nigerian men,they have an eye for me. shocked My church is an african church and I go there because I like it and I like it because of the worship. I have never really been the type to "look" for a man,I really don't need to.It's not because I am all of that or anything,I'm just liked.Now that most of the people around me know that I am not a "hoe" they treat me differently.Well I am officially off the "market" so it doesn't really matter any more anyway! grin
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by superman(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2006
katherinae

hey god know say u fine! your fine no bei small! can i give you a ride baby!

hey remember soldiers dnt joke around. hope you remember that one . however i must say that lips looks so appeallling to my satisfaction! no offence intended im only tryin to be myself well nigerian man ! hope you havnt got a problem with that
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by krudol(m): 12:36am On Oct 27, 2006
katherinae:

i know the truth hurts, but u know nigerian men can be extremely silly, they think so highly of them selves when they havent accomplished jack. they are extremely shallow when they them selves should wear paperbags and alot of them think they are God's gift to women, chai i pity una.
katherinae,
lt's obvious, u've been running things with the wrong crowd
men that fits ur description are commonplace in every nationality,be it Asian,British or whereever
why are u being this particular about nigerian men
l'm a nigerian man and l don't fit into those kind of people u know
and l know alot of other nigerian men that don't fucking fit into that category
u gat to leave your eyes open and meet a real nigerian man
then u will dump this notion of urs, u don't necessarily have to open your legs for him
and l didn't shoot d messenger, l know that's gonna disappoint ya
Re: modify is the only way to delete... by sage(m): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2006
@TaniCarr

i posted this while you were away. i just thought i will bring it to your attention. Always good to have it at the back of your mind.

U said Nigerians believe that sex matters should be kept for marriage, well not strictly. It should be if u are a woman.

@TaniCarr

Ive followed your posts and i was quite impressed when u said that u knew how to cook some nigerian dishes eg Egusi. Looks like u have an open mind mind towards other cultures. It seems u are really intrested in Nigerians
  That said, if u want to do things do them because its what u want to do 4 yourself. Seems like all the things u do are influenced by what the Naijas do. Well if u finally end up with a Naija man u should be straight but always have this in mind

IN NIGERIA THE WORLD OF A MAN IS DIFFERENT FROM THE WORLD OF A WOMAN.

for eg in your church now u have had to stay away from sex totally in order to build up your reputation
Does any man in the church have to do that for even a day in order to build up a reputation, NO Y? because he is a man
U mentioned something about your not beign a virgin beign a kind of a bad mark on u in their eyes.
is it so for any of the guys NO Y? because he is a man.

As long as u realize that that u have to be under certain behavourial confines because u are a woman then u are ready to deal with life with Nigerians in general. Goodluck too

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need To Praise Him / Ladies How Do U Classify A Guy As Chewing Gum Boyfriend. / Wife, Sister And Mother - I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.