Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,133 members, 7,907,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

Next Senate President - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Senate President (70868 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / Yerima Tipped To Be The Next Senate Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Senate President by VirginFinder: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
saiji:
[/b]HEY SENETOR BUKOLA IS TOO ARRANGANT TO BE OUR DEAR CONTRY SENATE PRESIDENT OOOOOOOO[b]

I prefare Geoge Akueme

Sai Buhari

George Akume will become another David Mark.

Benue people didnt have minding having one of their own as life Senate President, hence they kept returning David Mark to the Senate time and again.

Thank God David Mark is now a minority leader.
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
Waspy:

embarassed

Igbos will never be savvy in politics. Guess one can't eat his cake and have it. They already ate the business cake. They shld learn not to be dogmatic in reasons/philosophy. Igbos are more emotive than cognitive undecided
Sir calm down. That PDP won in the south East does not mean all Igbos voted PDP. Tribalism is a problem in Nigeria, it's with massive citizens education that we can checkmate it. It was until I read books on Nigeria's foreign policy that I became a lover of Buhari. A majority of those who voted ignorantly did so by going with the opinion of opinion moulders in the south East. I am a proud Anambrarian and am proud to tell you that I campaigned for general Buhari both online and through house-to-house visitations done by my party.

8 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Igbo bashing thread ...smh for the tribalism and hate in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Senate President by Isiterere(m): 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
gratiaeo:

Igbo will spearhead the opposition just like Yoruba did in the GEJ government. Stop worrying about Igbo. Yoruba are true definition of hypocrisy

Igbo forming opposition =fruitless effort that won't yield any result.
Igbo +=??

Igbo can't do it alone, I don't see you people aligning with Yoruba or North? You called Yoruba(amala) and North(cattle rearer)..
Nigeria politics should be left for intelligent people, not like.......

**My first congratulatory message to the People's general.

wishing you the strength and energy to change naija.
ALL IZZ WELL

4 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
nwaanambra1:

MY PEOPLE STUPID FOR POLITICS EH! angry angry

I FORESAW THIS SINCE WHEN APC WAS FORMED - I WONDERED WHY OHANAEZE DID NOT ENCOURAGE SOME YOUNG IGBOS TO JOIN APC. THEN I CONSOLED MYSELF WITH THE HOPE THAT NGIGE IS SMART ENOUGH TO JOIN APC ONLY FOR THE STUPID POLITICALLY MYOPIC NDI IGBO TO VOTE OUT THE ONLY APC CANDIDATE IN THE SOUTH EAST!

NOW WE ARE ALL ROUND LOSERS! cry cry cry cry cry cry

I HAVE BEEN HAVING SLEEPLESS NIGHT SINCE YESTERDAY JUST TRYING HARD TO OVERLOOK THIS SAD LOSE - BUT THE TRUTH IS, I JUST CANT STOMACH IT! LOOK AT WHAT AN IJAW MAN HAS COST US! WELL I CANT EVEN BLAME THE IJAW MAN I BLAME THE POLITICAL NAIVETY OF MY PEOPLE! angry angry

WHEN I REMEMBER THE INSULTS THEY WHERE POURING ON ME WHEN I WAS POINTING OUT TO THEM THAT WE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AND GREATER OPPORTUNITIES WITH APC, THAT THE IGBOS SHOULDN'T PUT ALL THEIR EGGS IN ONE BASKET, SOME WHERE EVEN CALLING ME NAMES AND TELLING ME TO GO AND ASK MY MOTHER TO TELL ME WHO TRULY IS MY FATHER CAUSE MY NOT SUPPORTING GOODLUCK IS AN OBVIOUS SIGN THAT MY "IGBONESS" IS IN DOUBT! NOW SEE WHERE WE ENDED UP - WE HAVE BECOME THE ASS-HOLES OF NIGERIAN POLITICS!

THE SAD PART IS MANY OF THEM STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT OF THIS LOSE TO THE IGBO NATION! embarassed embarassed

NDI IGBO BU OTULE NI FE GBASARA POLITICS! cheesy cheesy

CHAI! SOMEBODY SHOULD PLS BORROW ME HANDKERCHIEFOOOO!!! EWEEEE!!! NNAAAAAMMMEEEEE!!!! ANWUALAMEEE!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Abeg, no cry. What has been done is done. Still, some won't see it the way you do.
Re: Next Senate President by Onlymewakacum(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
George akume can still fit in since his from middle belt! Buh david mark remains minority leader![/quote]

Lmao! wetin carry David Mark come here?
Re: Next Senate President by holyokoto(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
fiftynaira:
George akume can still fit in since his from middle belt! Buh david mark remains minority leader!

Am from Benue state, sorry We do not need any Benue man there again. They are disasters

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by darediamond(m): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bro, the hunter dog wey go go lost in the bush will never hear the cry of him owner now.

The northerners the parasites at it again to eat where they have not sown.
pomporiking:
Why the sudden attack on igbos.its not like northerners care about anyone but themselves just watch how they would share the major appointments.Jonathan even appointed a woman who can't speak english minister of education just to please them
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
mohdimplez:
Rabiu Kwankwaso may likely emerge as the senate president.
senate rule... First timer can't occupy the presidency.
Re: Next Senate President by ABEngine(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
watered:
Ewu Bayelsa... Don't worry, the Aminus' and and the Musas' are coming to execute contracts in your home states and your Chijiokes' and Ngozis' will serve us. Shege yaron karuwa!

Did I not just ask you to stop thinking from your anus? Meanwhile I dont have a problem with them coming over the pasteur is greener on this side but then I think I should ask you what you have been smoking all day, doesn't seem good enough for someone who wishes to restore his sanity
Re: Next Senate President by daresimon(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
The position suppose go to the south south or south east but this one wey dem don carry all their eggs put for one basket now.
Abeg shey no senator from that region dey wey be APC man?

Now these people go start to dey shout marginalisation now ehn?
Re: Next Senate President by TS2(m): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
Waspy:

embarassed

Igbos will never be savvy in politics. Guess one can't eat his cake and have it. They already ate the business cake. They shld learn not to be dogmatic in reasons/philosophy. Igbos are more emotive than cognitive undecided

I love you #nohomo
Re: Next Senate President by frank043(m): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
suwailad:
The senate president is "supposed" to be an Igbo Man but i dont know what my igbo brothers did to truncate their chance.
It will take the big wigs senators in pdp of igbo extraction to defect to APC now so as to position for the senate president.

Cool...smart talk. You must have politics in your blood.
Re: Next Senate President by aderemiAf(m): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
It must be SENATOR BUKOLA SARAKI
Re: Next Senate President by nwaanambra1(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
tit:
dont give anything to yeeboes.
the last time we gave them senate president, they were changing the thing like pure water.

[size=18pt]NAIRALAND IGBOS WHERE UNA DEYOOO!!!

SEBI NA DIS MAD IJAW WOMAN ALL OF U NA JOIN MOUTH DEY CORSE ME WHEN I WAS POINTING OUT MY REASONS WHY SOME IGBOS SHOULD JOIN APC!

UNA SEE UNA LIFE BA??
[/size]

SHAME ON ALL NAIRALAND IGBOS THAT OPPOSED MY SUGGESTION FOR SOME NDI IGBO TO JOIN APC!

SHAME ON YOU ALL!! angry angry angry

NDI ONUKU! angry

4 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
franciskaine:
Sir calm down. That PDP won in the south East does not mean all Igbos voted PDP. Tribalism is a problem in Nigeria, it's with massive citizens education that we can checkmate it. It was until I read books on Nigeria's foreign policy that I became a lover of Buhari. A majority of those who voted ignorantly did so by going with the opinion of opinion moulders in the south East. I am a proud Anambrarian and am proud to tell you that I campaigned for general Buhari both online and through house-to-house visitations done by my party.
I share your opinion too, SE governors are of PDP and manipulated the votes.

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by donnelly(m): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
new2020:
L

Hope you know Igbo people are intelligent than you and your people...always keep that in mind. Yoruba didn't have anyone in the seat of power for the last 4 yrs...president, vice president, senate president, deputy senate president, speaker, deputy speaker and chief justice of the federation. Did yoruba people die?
obj was the head of state for 8 years, Give igbo man president for 4 years, we ll not ask or bother for political position.for d next 4yrs.
Re: Next Senate President by mavinc4u(f): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I have made it a duty to kick Ibo into a state of political awakening, whether they like or not. angry
Yes, thats what I said.....whether they like it or not they will see me on Ibo politics for next 4years.

First, my inlaws distanced from APC because according to them it was Awolowo party....only cow herders (referring to Fulani) and amala and ewedu (referring to Yoruba) people should be members.....it is below Ibo to belong in APC.

They failed to assess risks and calculate forward that in the event of a NW/SW win at the executive, the legislative will be a crucial base from which to protect SE interest.

Now we are looking to distribute power and everyone has a horse standing on the line and ready to carry the weight but guess whose horse is again positioned behind the wagon? angry Ibo people don fail me again!

When Ibo reps and senators...all PDP and in minority need help from other zones to defeat a bill, na who dem go ally with now? The cow herders or the amala eater?

Ibo suffer head version II is about to start....and its all self inflicted, courtesy of Ohanaeze!
One thing you fail to understand is that real igbos are more concern about the progress of their business and not about who the next senate president or whatever should be. The North or west can have it also as it does not really affect the igbos abi na today e start. It has been happening so they decided to remove their minds off such.

3 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by nwaanambra1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
frank043:

Cool...smart talk. You must have politics in your blood.

HE IS AN HAUSA GUY NA! THEY SLEEP, EAT, DRINK AND FUK POLITICS!

NOW YORUBAS ARE PERFECTING THEIR GAMES TOO!

ONLY MY PEOPLE REFUSE TO SIT UP AND LEARN! angry angry

VERY STUPID PEOPLE! angry angry

LETS HOPE ITS NOT TOO LATE FOR HIS SUGGESTION - BESIDES, WHICH IGBO POLITICIAN CAN MAKE THAT SMART MOVE NOW?
Re: Next Senate President by VirginFinder: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
alphalpha:

No she can't... she is from the SW
there are 6 positions, each to be occupied by a person from each of the 6 geopolitical zones

Wrong!
Positions alternate between north and south.
As it stands,
No 1 has gone to north
No 2 has gone to south
No 3 must go to north (North Central - Bukola Saraki)
etc etc

2 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Evathyst(f): 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
Boss13:

The Igbo race is the architect of their own destruction. They have never been able to consolidate themselves politically. They think about the gains first rather than the mission. Little wonder they fight themselves like crazy. This election should be a lesson to them.

The Igbo race first needs to form a strong political party and pursue their relevance to the national level. This is the only way an Igbo President can emerge. First you must be relevant, then your allies would come join you to achieve your dreams.

We can see that the North is really relevant in the scheme of things politically. The South-west, thanks to the great Jagaban has proved that they cannot shut them out. The Igbos must build quietly and earn the trust of the Niger deltans, then merge with the North. They must select for themselves a national leader, who must not necessary pursue personal ambition but collective ambition of relevance. If they can do this, in 2019 or 2023 there will be an Igbo president.
Forget it bro! The life of the average igbos is about money. Even the kinda politics they play is 'money politics'

How on earth will you explain their suicidal decision to support GEJ @ their own detriment.

Firstly, by supporting GEJ, they lost the VP, Senate president, and speakership seat.

Secondly, APGA's forging an alliance with PDP broke the camel's back. Now, they are as good as been politically dead. because as it stands, Igbos have no party of their own.

If one is deluding oneself dt doz 'so-called' positions ain't important, then such a person must have studied political science in Uganda. because in the Nigerian setting, politics is a game of 'POWER' i.e Who has what dictates what.

Well, such a time like ds has occurred in the life of the westerners. What did we do? We didn't play the blame game, neither did we settle for crumbs(Jonathan's support of Mulikat Akande for speakership is a political crumb cos the Notherners would have impeached her easily).

Our Asiwaju simply restrategized by forming an alliance with the North. Already, they were bitter that their own 8yrs tenure wasn't completed by Yar'adua.

Forgive my disjointed explanation if it seems vague, I'm not a good narrator, I only studied in Lesotho. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Rexyl(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
I would prefer George Akume to Saraki

Akume joined the APC train around 2011 while Saraki joined just last year
APC also need to solidify their hold on Benue and Akume would be key

We need to squeeeze David Mark and any remnant of PDP out of the polity

You forget that government without opposition will be as useless as straw. Mark's people probably saw beyond what some people are seeing. They understood he still have vital roles to play that they wanted him for the fifth time.
Re: Next Senate President by dassyslimmy(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
the senate president is
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki
Senator Bukola Saraki

the alayeluwa,jagaban,wakari of ilorin.
Re: Next Senate President by nwaanambra1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Abeg, no cry. What has been done is done. Still, some won't see it the way you do.

MADAM YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND. AV BEEN CRYING FOR REAL SINCE YESTERDAY WHEN I HEARD THAT NGIGE LOST HIS POSITION!

ALL MY PERMUTATION HAS BEEN THAT IF APC WINS THE PRESIDENCY, NGIGE WILL BE MY JOKER IN THE PACK! ALL MY HOPE HAS BEEN THAT THE SENATE WILL COME TO THE IGBOS THRU NGIGE WHETHER HE HAS SPONSORED ANY BILL OR NOT.

IF IT IS THE HAUSA PEOPLE, THEY WILL SUPPORT HIM TO WIN RE-ELECTION SO THAT HE WILL BE IN THAT POSITION WHETHER HE HAS HELPED ANYBODY OR NOT - THE IMPORTANT THING IS, THEY HAVE THEIR SON THERE!

BUT NOT NDI IGBO - THEY WILL REMIND YOU THAT NGIGE IS SELFISH! LET ANOTHER PERSON ENTER! THAT POSITION IS NOT HIS FATHERS PROPERTY! BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THAT POLITICS DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!

LOOK AT DAVID MARK - BENUE PEOPLE LEFT HIM THERE NOT BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST THEY CAN PRODUCE - NO! ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE POSITIONING HIM TO ANSWER THEIR CALL WHEN THE PRESIDENCY WILL COME TO THEIR REGION! THAT'S CALLED POLITICS OF COMMON SENSE!

4 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
I am not ibo but l lament for them let it go to south south give them something to pacify them l just wish the ibos had split their votes between PDP and APC.l feel they should be part and parcel of this government
Re: Next Senate President by kindnyce(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
MY GREATEST DISAPOINTMENT IS THE FACT THAT DR NGIGE LOST...

NGIGE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST OPTION

IBOS ARE POLITICALLY BACKWARD

AS IT IS NOW,I GIVE IT TO GEORGE AKUME
Re: Next Senate President by Arcard(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
2 bad da apc wan retain pdp's sharing formular, gv am to who dserve am.
Re: Next Senate President by noeloge82(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
Really ibos are constantly developing their biz building up their community with little or no government presence currently the igbos need either a presidency or vice if not they not interested in national politics
Come to think of it of all d sarakis,marks and other northern politician s how many employment investment s can they boast of,or what development have they attracted to their local community

2 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by demola7: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
I would prefer George Akume to Saraki

Akume joined the APC train around 2011 while Saraki joined just last year
APC also need to solidify their hold on Benue and Akume would be key

We need to squeeeze David Mark and any remnant of PDP out of the polity

U funny die! How much did he contribute to APC success! Financially saraki, tinubu n rotimi r the brains behind the success! So he deserves it! Saraki is the nxt senate president!
Re: Next Senate President by ojsmscom(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
My dear what the south east and south south did was a very pure solidarity move.it is very ok by us.we don't need the senate presidential post dats why we didn't bet for it.if the good governance the APC promised is real then it is insignificant to know who produces d Speaker or the senate president.the only when we will have an effect is if he goes by divide and rule.then we will show you we are never minority....nothingwill happen if GMB keeps to his promises.which includes massive employment,social security for all unemployed.massive development and eradication of corruption.believe me,when all these are done we are ok op
Re: Next Senate President by akinbros: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
As this thread is going on.....my thought is what if the SE/SS decided to pull out of the county if they are not given the senate presidency.

But must it be the same party to give out the senate presidency?
Re: Next Senate President by christopheojo(m): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I'm sorry to say this to you but PDP won all the senatorial and house of rep seats in SE & SS.

Mind u edo south senatorial election is still pending so samson osagie the minority leader house rep(APC) might have it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe / Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) / Nigerians React To A Picture Of Adamu Dragging Tinubu By The Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.