Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,989 members, 7,942,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Next Senate President - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Senate President (70992 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / Yerima Tipped To Be The Next Senate Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Senate President by osayuking(m): 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibabe3:
sadly yes
YES it comes from th majority....aPc 64 pdp 45

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ipledge:
I swear igbos politics need to be restructured,i love igbos dearly but its as ir They dont love themself.why vote against ngige?now the number 3 Man in d country would ve been a igbo Man.hope de have Apc rep from south south south.

Its time for you guys to Team Rochas,i see him as d next APC presidential[b][size=20pt] candidadate[/size][/b].Always remember nobody will be foolish to choose someone that cannot win how zone as presidential candidate
[size=15pt]God come and save us, illiterates and criminals[TINUBU] have taken over.a mallam is now a president. God please intervene.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by leke12(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
U guys are just guru for business and "anything dat can bring money" but in politics u are below average. Every other zones(NC,NE,NW,SW) in Nigeria played their cards well,both zones produce at least 1 senator and rep in both APC and PDP knowing fully well that anything can happen. Each zones have gud representations except SE and SS, u guys shud not blame anyone for ur woes.

2 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Dnaz(m): 12:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Same thing happened to South West under Jonathan. So u see we are not the first, we won't die

2 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 02, 2015
chibabe3:
Since north is producing the president, SW the vice president, where will the next senate president go to. Dr Chris Ngige would have been the best choice but then Ekwunife PDP frustrated him out... what do you think my people as APC must produce the next senate president. Dr Saraki stands a better chance due to the role he played in scuttling PDPs opportunity of winning the election.

It will very likely fall to the hands of igbo Men.
Re: Next Senate President by manie(m): 6:37am On Apr 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I guess he is a first timer; as such he won't get it. The position of president of the senate is for experienced people.

The post of a Senate President does not go to a first timer
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 02, 2015
googlepikin:
[size=15pt]God come and save us, illiterates and criminals[TINUBU] have taken over.a mallam is now a president. God please intervene.[/size]
You are Nothing but a fool,thats d only thing ur brain can decipher in my msg

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by mensdept: 6:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Ipledge:
You are Nothing but a fool,thats d only thing ur brain can decipher in my msg

But to some extent he's right, all in the name of "change"
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 02, 2015
mensdept:

But to some extent he's right, all in the name of "change"
he bolded d word candidate because of d mistake
Re: Next Senate President by Marcelinho(m): 6:47am On Apr 02, 2015
it not gonna be sariki because he is a first timer
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 02, 2015
osayuking:
yess th election was cancelled due to some irregularities in delay of material, insecurity and card reader failure....so inec is yet to fix date for th election but hopefully soonest it will be rescheduled
He now has a chance, atleast people will vote freely.
Re: Next Senate President by sunrothyme: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2015
Afterall Edo have Apc senator.

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by nickxtra(m): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I'm sorry to say this to you but PDP won all the senatorial and house of rep seats in SE & SS.
You are not correct sir. So far, Edo State has 2 Reps elect. In my Edo North, APC has atleast 1 Rep elect - Hon. Philip Shuaibu(presently Majority leader, Edo State House of Assembly) and Comrade Peter Akpatason of Akoko Edo Federal Constituency and one Senator elect - Barr. Francis Alimikhena. Philip Shuaibu is a very experienced legistlator.
Re: Next Senate President by feyisejoy(m): 8:23am On Apr 02, 2015
Speaker can come from SS since Edo APC won a seat in representative....

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by nickxtra(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2015
feyisejoy:
Speaker can come from SS since Edo APC won a seat in representative....
I think Comrade Peter Akpatason, representing Akoko Edo Federal Constituency of Edo State, can make a good Speaker
Re: Next Senate President by mankay(m): 8:54am On Apr 02, 2015
chibabe3:
Since north is producing the president, SW the vice president, where will the next senate president go to. Dr Chris Ngige would have been the best choice but then Ekwunife PDP frustrated him out... what do you think my people as APC must produce the next senate president. Dr Saraki stands a better chance due to the role he played in scuttling PDPs opportunity of winning the election.

The respected Senate should not make the mistake of appointing Bukola Saraki as the Senate President as this will make several people to see APC government as no better than the GEJ-led PDP Government. They actually need to showcase credible politicians with little or no record of corruption and not a god-father to gain the trust of Nigerians. I think it should be the turn of the NE since the NC has been occupying the seat for 8 years.
Re: Next Senate President by baysol: 9:09am On Apr 02, 2015
I have a brite idea out of this stalemate I think lets give it to someone who's desperate enough for an expired ministerial post our one and only Senator Musiliu Obanikoro. Hip hip...........
Re: Next Senate President by annibro(f): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Am surprised SE don't ve a national Leader like Jagaban etc.
Anyway, Chris Ngige as a Medical Dr will likely get d Minister of Health Port Folio
Re: Next Senate President by jeroton: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2015
Barnabas gemade should also be considered
Re: Next Senate President by Lingx(m): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Sen Dino Melaye
Re: Next Senate President by Elprinz(m): 9:53am On Apr 02, 2015
farem:
[color=#000099][/color]

Can you see how a race blindly rig themselves out of fortune! No matter how the APC would have loved to do it, the door is self-closed. Putting ALL eggs vote in one basket man-gej is the millennial foolishness, 'cos even if one of them in PDP defects to APC, that wont make it happen.

Can't we learn for once from yorubas; how they strategically shared there eggs votes? That whereever the pendulum swings would not expose them as traitors. Oh God, I am ashamed of the majority of the Easterners (I have a lot of them that canvassed, worked and voted for GMB, though).

Read below a word from a dear easterner:
Culled from Afam B. C. Nnaji (a man from the east)

Only the South West recorded a balanced election where votes returned didn't look like those from the North West, North East, South East and South South.

Same way they show more tolerance when it comes to religious issues where it is common to see a family with a Muslim father and Christian mother with the children choosing to go to church or the mosque.

My salute goes to them whether or not this particular election is a rare even
You just defined what the yorubas are! Hypocrites
Always sitting on the fence. Never to be trusted
Re: Next Senate President by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2015
nickxtra:
You are not correct sir. So far, Edo State has 2 Reps elect. In my Edo North, APC has atleast 1 Rep elect - Hon. Philip Shuaibu(presently Majority leader, Edo State House of Assembly) and Comrade Peter Akpatason of Akoko Edo Federal Constituency and one Senator elect - Barr. Francis Alimikhena. Philip Shuaibu is a very experienced legistlator.
Good news this is! BTW, I'm a female or you didn't see the "f" beside my name? Thanks for the information!
Re: Next Senate President by nickxtra(m): 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Good news this is! BTW, I'm a female or you didn't see the "f" beside my name? Thanks for the information!
Sorry dear, for the error. I thought I was writing an official letter, where you don't apply 'Ma', but 'Sir'
Re: Next Senate President by osayuking(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
joker5180:
He now has a chance, atleast people will vote freely.
yess he has a very big chance now all eyes are there , th governor is in city now th deputy hails from same constituency. So he is 90% sure of victory
Re: Next Senate President by Mynd44: 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
OAM4J:

How can you have a VP from SW and also canvass No3 postion for someone from SW?

Na only SW waka come? cheesy

Saraki is from NC geopolitical zone... so it might go to him since no APC senator comes from SS and SE.
Wrong
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
osayuking:
yess he has a very big chance now all eyes are there , th governor is in city now th deputy hails from same constituency. So he is 90% sure of victory
for fairness, we have to consider him for the position so that the minority will feel that they are part of the government.
Re: Next Senate President by osayuking(m): 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
chibabe3:
for fairness, we have to consider him for the position so that the minority will feel that they are part of the government.
all we hoped for if only he wins but if th reverse is now th case? SP has to go to th middle belt
Re: Next Senate President by farem: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Elprinz:

You just defined what the yorubas are! Hypocrites
Always sitting on the fence. Never to be trusted

I don't really see it that way. Rather I see them as individually focused, who have liberal heart and have freedom of choice without sentimental attachment. Would you also conclude that it is because siblings, who are mslims and Christians, are hypocrites that is the reason they are not slitting one and another's throats? I will believe they are sophisticated; and you cannot fault our president (Gej) when he described them so
Re: Next Senate President by help3852: 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
Saraki is a big thief, GMB should not allow such.

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
Marcelinho:
it not gonna be sariki because he is a first timer
Saraki is not a first timer.
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 03, 2015
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/180474-with-apc-win-south-east-shuts-self-from-senate-president-speaker-slots.html

What do you think my people, reading this editorial on Premium times shows that they have been reading Nairaland and getting most of their information from the site. We have been making comments on this post and someone has compiled all of them into an editorial... interesting.
Re: Next Senate President by Rexyl(m): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2015
chibabe3:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/180474-with-apc-win-south-east-shuts-self-from-senate-president-speaker-slots.html

What do you think my people, reading this editorial on Premium times shows that they have been reading Nairaland and getting most of their information from the site. We have been making comments on this post and someone has compiled all of them into an editorial... interesting.

That's power of research

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust / Jibrin Of Sudan And The Audacity Of Fake News / Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.