Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,989 members, 7,942,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Next Senate President - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Senate President (70993 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / Yerima Tipped To Be The Next Senate Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Senate President by Fce20888(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
If not that Gov.Kwankwaso is from the NW,I would have love him becoming the next SP
Re: Next Senate President by Ghost01(m): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
George Akume or Bukola Saraki.

The president (1) is from the North, the VP (2) is from the South, the Senate President (3) may likely be from the North.
Re: Next Senate President by jaybee(f): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibabe3:
We actually need a matured senate president like David Mark and one that will help in stabilizing the nation.

The ignoble David Mark is a key player in the 16 years destruction of Nigeria by PDP government. He presided over the legislature that is milking the Nigerian treasury mindlessly. Under David Mark the national assembly turned into a racket extorting money from government establishments, private corporations, individuals etc.

2 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by Chinom(m): 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
stevoski059:
commisioner of finance imo state won the senate sit under apc

Oh really. In that case, he is the next senate president. Experienced or not. Miss Ette, the hairdresser had zero experience when she was made speaker of the house. She got it just for being a Yoruba from the SW. Those positions are zoned for fairness and equity.

That man is a lucky man.
Re: Next Senate President by JosephPhilip: 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Let's wait and see how things will eventually turn out.

Re: Next Senate President by osayuking(m): 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibabe3:
Since north is producing the president, SW the vice president, where will the next senate president go to. Dr Chris Ngige would have been the best choice but then Ekwunife PDP frustrated him out... what do you think my people as APC must produce the next senate president. Dr Saraki stands a better chance due to the role he played in scuttling PDPs opportunity of winning the election.
senate leader is yet to be elected...it will be from the south south because th north and west has 01/02 th east are minority ℓ believe samson osagie from Edo who has been there for 16yrs being th minority leader with so much experience is fit for th post and he's yet to be elected hopefully he's gonna be th elected
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I have made it a duty to kick Ibo into a state of political awakening, whether they like or not. angry
Yes, thats what I said.....whether they like it or not they will see me on Ibo politics for next 4years.

First, my inlaws distanced from APC because according to them it was Awolowo party....only cow herders (referring to Fulani) and amala and ewedu (referring to Yoruba) people should be members.....it is below Ibo to belong in APC.

They failed to assess risks and calculate forward that in the event of a NW/SW win at the executive, the legislative will be a crucial base from which to protect SE interest.

Now we are looking to distribute power and everyone has a horse standing on the line and ready to carry the weight but guess whose horse is again positioned behind the wagon? angry Ibo people don fail me again!

When Ibo reps and senators...all PDP and in minority need help from other zones to defeat a bill, na who dem go ally with now? The cow herders or the amala eater?

Ibo suffer head version II is about to start....and its all self inflicted, courtesy of Ohanaeze!

I really fail to understand why everyone is bashing the Igbos from every corner just for making a choice... Democracy is all about choice, if the entire country had voted for Buhari, it won't be democracy anymore. In Democracy, good and vibrant opposition is as important as the government of the day.

For long, the Igbos has been accused as AGIP, now is the time for them to play the opposition for the first time and you are still bashing them? I think you folks should be happy that for the first time Igbos are in the opposition, so lets see how they will play it.

In terms of who occupy which post, I really cannot understand why it so important. In this administration, President, Vice president, Senate president, deputy senate president, speaker, deputy speaker, even SGF non is from SW yet it has not stopped their development, so why do folks think that the Igbos will suffer then?

As for Ngige, it is ironical that people here are shouting change, yet when the people of Anambra central effected the change, you lots are abusing them. I have challenged anybody to tell me 1 single reason why Ngige deserve a second term as a senator. What 1 community project did he initiate in Anambra central, he never campaigned as much as Ekwunife thinking that his work as a governor 10 years ago will continue to sell him. He was always with Buhari, forgetting his own campaign.

We have made our decision and should be respected. If the Igbos think that their interest is more protected in the PDP, so be it and people should stop castigating them.

6 Likes

Re: Next Senate President by AndreUweh(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Deacon Chike Okafor, former finance commissioner in Imo state won the house of rep seat for Okigwe south constituency and not the senate. INEC has not declared any body winner for Okigwe senatorial zone. Chief Uwajumogu of APC, Agu out aka of PDP and Mazi Owunna of APGA all had equal amount of votes.
If APC's Uwajumogu wins, He may be the senate president.
Chief Uwajumogu is the current speaker Imo state house of assembly. Surely he will bring experience to the senate.

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by Skoopy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
ibedun:
[size=18pt]No o! It must be Senator Oluremi Tinubu[/size]

The west can't have both the senate president and the VP. I pity Nigerian cos this would have been his chance. Anyways it should go to the east.
Re: Next Senate President by amahundu: 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
The Senate President will go to the South South. It would have gone to South East but day did not produce any APC Senator.
Re: Next Senate President by AndreUweh(m): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
amahundu:
The Senate President will go to the South South. It would have gone to South East but day did not produce any APC Senator.
Okigwe senatorial zone senator is yet to emerge. It may be APC, so you never know.
Re: Next Senate President by netmillionaires(m): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
ibedun:
Sen. Remi Tinubu can't because it will cause problem in some quarters who may accuse Tinubu of favoritism. I believe Tinubu will want to avoid that.
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
Evathyst:
Forget it bro! The life of the average igbos is about money. Even the kinda politics they play is 'money politics'

How on earth will you explain their suicidal decision to support GEJ @ their own detriment.

Firstly, by supporting GEJ, they lost the VP, Senate president, and speakership seat.

Secondly, APGA's forging an alliance with PDP broke the camel's back. Now, they are as good as been politically dead. because as it stands, Igbos have no party of their own.

If one is deluding oneself dt doz 'so-called' positions ain't important, then such a person must have studied political science in Uganda. because in the Nigerian setting, politics is a game of 'POWER' i.e Who has what dictates what.

Well, such a time like ds has occurred in the life of the westerners. What did we do? We didn't play the blame game, neither did we settle for crumbs(Jonathan's support of Mulikat Akande for speakership is a political crumb cos the Notherners would have impeached her easily).

Our Asiwaju simply restrategized by forming an alliance with the North. Already, they were bitter that their own 8yrs tenure wasn't completed by Yar'adua.

Forgive my disjointed explanation if it seems vague, I'm not a good narrator, I only studied in Lesotho. cheesy

Care to remind us which key position the SW is occupying in GEJ administration... not even key ministerial post, most are just junior minister yet SW people are progressing. I would rather all position go the North if it means a better economy for Nigeria, constant electricity and good governance. Those Igbo who are in the position of authority since 1999, what benefit are they to the Igbo agenda or the development of Igbo land?

Just like you said, since such have happend to the SW and the re-strategized, maybe it's time for the Igbos to do the same. I have never seen any Igbo blaming anybody for not getting the so called position, rather it mostly the SW who are crying more than the bereaved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Next Senate President by terrifik19(m): 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
someone from the east or west should be in the post...

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by naijacann: 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibabe3:
Since north is producing the president, SW the vice president, where will the next senate president go to. Dr Chris Ngige would have been the best choice but then Ekwunife PDP frustrated him out... what do you think my people as APC must produce the next senate president. Dr Saraki stands a better chance due to the role he played in scuttling PDPs opportunity of winning the election.
How can Ngige be the Senate President? He lost his re-election bid to Ekwunife
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
tit:
I hereby direct all PDP senators to vote for Oloja Remi Tinubu as Senate president!
We women have suffer in this country!
It is time for woman senate president!
After Baba Buhari, Remi will be the first female president and commander-in-shief.
Word

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by emmysoftyou: 7:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
stevoski059:
commisioner of finance imo state won the senate sit under apc
re u certain abt this? If yes, why ve they not call his name to order.
Than making it look like apc didnt win in southeast..
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibabe3:
We actually need a matured senate president like David Mark and one that will help in stabilizing the nation.

Yes, as he has been doing for the past sixteen years under the torn umbrella undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I'm sorry to say this to you but PDP won all the senatorial and house of rep seats in SE & SS.

Yeah, but they are the minority. APC has it in NE, NW and SW so things wouldn't favour the IBOS because the majority are in the APC while the minority ibos are in PDP.
Re: Next Senate President by Rapmoney(m): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
ibedun:
Are you joking? President from North, VP from West, Senate-President from West again? You need malaria drugs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Senate President by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibabe3:

U mean D same Mark that saw noting Wrong about obanikoro involvement in ekiti ? D post belong to d S E bt since their hatred has made dem vote pdp. No story for dat one again...
Re: Next Senate President by emmysoftyou: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I guess he is a first timer; as such he won't get it. The position of president of the senate is for experienced people.
stoped guessing bro.he is not a first timer,but once a commission of finance in imo state,a very vital position,so he is also experienced..
And again hmmm.
ur statement smells like tribalism and emtional rather than rational...
I could ve call yu stupid or ediot
but i love my yoruba frend tola ,so i wont call yu that....
If the man is not experienced as yu said,but he is the only hope for the east rightnow,and if i may ask?
what is the criteria to prove to nigeria that he cannot handle the post of a senate president

is it bukola or remi tinubu that are of yoruba origin,yu want them to be there undecided
Bro stop bringing more hatred to yoruba pples...
cos i love some of them...

Nigeria is own by all tribes and not by hausas and yorubas off shoot alone..
We can make this country great if we reasons like human being here on earth....

Tanx ....next...
Re: Next Senate President by Mbediogu(m): 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Abi ooooo. They put all their eggs in one basket. Ngige would have been the perfect choice. Namsense!

So long as people keep sidelining and rejoicing at Igbo (or any other group for that matter) exclusion in national affairs, so long will Nigeria be a semi demi quasi partial State.
Most Igbo elite cannot do for Nigeria what they did for Biafra. How many of them still invest here? It is just butter and bread ...If the new president who is noted for action doesnt start correcting this anomaly soon, well... Any chain ornamental or political, can only be as strong as the weakest link. No prophesies required here, no insults intended or expected from readers. Thank you.
Re: Next Senate President by gidjah(m): 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
ibedun:
stop been sentimental about this it wont go to d sw, it must be for the se or even ss but d fact dat there is no apc senate from them thus it wil go to d north west(kwara)
.pls deal with that
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
AndreUweh:
Deacon Chike Okafor, former finance commissioner in Imo state won the house of rep seat for Okigwe south constituency and not the senate. INEC has not declared any body winner for Okigwe senatorial zone. Chief Uwajumogu of APC, Agu out aka of PDP and Mazi Owunna of APGA all had equal amount of votes.
If APC's Uwajumogu wins, He may be the senate president.
Chief Uwajumogu is the current speaker Imo state house of assembly. Surely he will bring experience to the senate.
we don't seem to get it, there is a senate rule that first timers can't be senate president.
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
emmysoftyou:
stoped guessing bro.he is not a first timer,but once a commission of finance in imo state,a very vital position,so he is also experienced..
And again hmmm.
If the man is not experienced as yu said,but he is the only hope for the east rightnow,and if i may ask?
what is the criteria to prove to nigeria that he cannot handle the post of a senate president

is it bukola or remi tinubu that are of yoruba origin,yu want them to be there undecided

Tanx ....next...
Bros, you are misunderstanding him, there is a ground rule in senate which will not allow first timers take the seat.
Re: Next Senate President by OYAY(m): 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
The Igbos will always shoot themselves in the leg if they did not desist from politics of hatred and non principle type of politicking! Because it beat my imagination that the APGA that Ojukwu betrothed to them is dying right before their eye and they busy embracing PDP that is without driver (leader).

1 Like

Re: Next Senate President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
emmysoftyou:
And again hmmm.

Tanx ....next...
Keep shut. He has no legislative experience.
Re: Next Senate President by emmysoftyou: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
chibabe3:
Bros, you are misunderstanding him, there is a ground rule in senate which will not allow first timers take the seat.
tanx for explainin bera..
Now i understand...
Re: Next Senate President by emmysoftyou: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Keep shut. He has no legislative experience.
bro easy..ur explanation could ve done more good than telling me to shot up..

Anyway, she has explained bera to me..

Bye...
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
fiftynaira:
George akume can still fit in since his from middle belt! Buh david mark remains minority leader!
Yeah Gorge Akume and Bukula Saraki are the leading contenders.
Re: Next Senate President by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
emiye:
It was a miscalculation for the east to have voted out Ngige, i mean they ought to have gambled with him at the very least, sad.

The House of representatives should produce at least one APC member from the east, Imo i presume. whosoever becomes the speaker.
SS or SE

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust / Jibrin Of Sudan And The Audacity Of Fake News / Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.