Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,503 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:40 PM

Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (65561 Views)

Top 3 Things I Will Fix Before Leaving Office - Buhari / Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates / "Nigerians Should Not Expect Miracles From Me When I Assume Power- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by anytaij: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
My sis u don talk am well me sef no vote am neva .
Talie2kiss:
I laugh in chinko, since he's a miracle worker let him perform his miracles na.I weep for naija cos d era of free election has been wiped away so even if he performs or not he will still rule for 8yrs that's if him no change am to 50yrs.for me my conscience won't disturb me cos I never voted for him. Na to dey watch and endure until God's liberation locate us.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by hardbody: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Is that how your own brain can interpret his comment??Why are you crying than the bereaved??if buhari don't perform well we will vote him out the way we voted out the clueless jonathan!!!!Haba stop spreading lies post the videos of where he(buhari) mentioned 3,4 and 5 or shut up.........it was okorocha that even mentioned 3 at the imo campaign rally,buhari never mentioned that....!!!!

Just shut up and dont take us for a ride. Even if Nigerians suffer from amnesia it is definitely not all of us and importantly it is not people in this generation. Your president elect and his deputy make promises upon which we voted out the incumbent and now you want to interprete what was written in black and white? Jonathan is already laughing at you. The next thing you people will tell us you inherited an empty treasury. What was the basis of your earlier promises? God punish una make una fvck up.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by obaede: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
Teacher for any subject and school bursar/
accountant
are needed. Please kindly submit your CV @
Pillars Private Secondary Schools, 27, Mary
Street, Irawo Bus-Stop, Mile 12- Ikorodu Road,
Lagos.
Enq: 0807 361 7207
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by chigoizie7(m): 12:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Oh so lai mohammed is now the buhari you mentioned earlier?or the incoming president??

If u have been following GMB campaign train, u will agree with me that his watch word has always been, "our party's(APC) agenda" and not his personal agenda, so whatever any high ranked stake holder of the party said during their campaign is the party's agenda as-well .

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by digitalembrace(m): 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
Talie2kiss:
I laugh in chinko, since he's a miracle worker let him perform his miracles na.I weep for naija cos d era of free election has been wiped away so even if he performs or not he will still rule for 8yrs that's if him no change am to 50yrs.for me my conscience won't disturb me cos I never voted for him. Na to dey watch and endure until God's liberation locate us.

My sentiments exactly.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Honestagbons(m): 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
God LL bring miracle,but do well
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by hardbody: 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
Swiftlee:

Alright,One love, One Nigeria. I was really annoyed when I saw the President Elects comment. He was actually blaming GEJ of incompetence and promised to change Nigeria. Well, I am not a pessimist but he needs to do a lot to convince me that he is better than GEJ. I give him my support anyway but any flop, we throw him out!

Nice post but honestly this man will not be easily thrown out. Dogs and Baboons are waiting to be soaked in blood. It will happen when you try voting this man out. I will start preparing my evacuation now. What we expected this year will happen during the next election year. Bookmark this post.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by eph12(m): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Kentrasso:

I never knew democracy stopped at primaries.
If we have no voice to state what we want and have it done by the people WE elected to represent us, then i'm afraid we're still a long way from free and fair elections. all na wash
Its not about free n fair elections. Its about our senate n house of rep members acting in the interest of the people they're representing. But am afraid our representatives are more loyal to their party than their country.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Obynolee(f): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:
What awaits you is much more than Jonathan saw. Why will we not expect miracle when you promised us more miracles than even prophets had wrought? Such miracles as; 1naira =1dollar, you will regulate international oil price, wipe out bokoharam, and feed students twice daily.
Wipe our corruption and employ every youth.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Work your talks or face more insults than Jonathan received.

Bros you are right,in fact,it was even because of the miracle that he was voted in,we expect more than miracle

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by sarris(m): 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
9jvirgin:
Baba, please take your time jare cheesy no rushing.

Nigeria is dead, don't let anyone harass you into performing miracle.
My Nigeria is not dead it is ur house that is dead.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Swiftlee(m): 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
zeelo2014:

Didn't u see the amount of votes he got from the core North? You think they all voted for change in the education sector, change in the power sector, change in the economy? Think about it. It's all about power returning to them.
You are correct! The change the core north was looking for vigorously was not of development but of power returning to the north by all means. They took advantage of gullible Nigerians to help destabilize GEJ's Government and then capitalize on that for campaign. Well well God had mercy on them and they won! Baba kept using security as a key campaign strategy. If he was intrested in the peace of Nigeria, why did he not discuss with GEJ on how to tackle it? Always feeling he was the messiah of Nigeria, self acclaimed baba geskiya! Uneasy the head that wears the crown and he has not even won it and he is complaining.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hahahaha our people always say that it's easy to give a monkey water with cup but it's very difficult to take the cup back from him .........

chisooooos we have entered one chance oooooooooooooooo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by chigoizie7(m): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're confused. The work of a legislator is not to provide amenities.

And I bet they all have their constituency pet projects during awarded and funded by FG, what were they doing with the money meant for such projects? In my area alone, a state assembly law maker has built a 6 classroom blocks for six different schools for each town in his constituency in just 4yrs, just imagine what a federal law maker can do.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Themandator: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Is that how your own brain can interpret his comment??Why are you crying than the bereaved??if buhari don't perform well we will vote him out the way we voted out the clueless jonathan!!!!Haba stop spreading lies post the videos of where he(buhari) mentioned 3,4 and 5 or shut up.........it was okorocha that even mentioned 3 at the imo campaign rally,buhari never mentioned that....!!!!

Was Buhari present at the rally when okorocha was a making the promise? I ask because silence in law connotes consent
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by emy77: 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
greatnow:
One day Nigeria will remember and miss GEJ....

U are very right.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
Baba, you must do miracles. You must perform policy wonders. You must deliver on all your promises of utopia....

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Omooba77: 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
chigoizie7:

And I bet they all have their constituency pet projects during awarded and funded by FG, what were they doing with the money meant for such projects? In my area alone, a state assembly law maker has built a 6 classroom blocks for six different schools for each town in his constituency in just 4yrs, just imagine what a federal law maker can do.

Each legislature collect constituency allowance,same with state too.Unless we change the system we run,the incumbent WILL always be worse than predecessor...God bless Nigeria.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nicepoker(m): 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Grand pa I pity ur stay in aso rock. Pressure from nigerians will certainly kill u.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Themandator: 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
hardbody:

Nice post but honestly this man will not be easily thrown out. Dogs and Baboons are waiting to be soaked in blood. It will happen when you try voting this man out. I will start preparing my evacuation now. What we expected this year will happen during the next election year. Bookmark this post.

Power had returned to the North via his presidency. In 2019, he won't be in the ring but supporting a younger Northerner

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by kenny987(f): 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
The major problem in Nigeria is reposing too much trust n expectations in the President and the centre. For Nig to go past this point, the regions must bind together n develop/work as united but individual entities. Our representatives in the Senate know this n there ought to be a way to hold them accountable for developmental projects expected in their various regions. Unfortunately, greed n party affiliations stand in the way...if only they would listen.
The incessant stealing should be kept aside n let the right things be done, the centre is too attractive n that's why we are d way we are...

That said, GMB/APC had better show that their electoral victory is not in vain. And as has been asked, will 'free n fair' elections continue to thrive or are they gone with the wind? Just a taste and it's no more?
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by hardbody: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
See cry even as Jonathan never handover.

Chai! Una dun enter pocket.

Next 16yrs of crying awaits you people ,just watch and see.

Thank God Jonathan has finally squashed boko haram,he won't give excuses of insurgency even as it was obvious that APC reps and senators were responsible for blocking budgets made to buy arms legally ,and once they notice that the President was ready to use his power and security votes they quickly ran to the international community screaming 'GENOCIDE' and the West that has become angry over Jonathan's unpopular policies especially the PIB and gay rights quickly used that opportunity to pay him back .

They frustrated the man to an extent that he decided to do it clandestinely yet the same APC got wind of it and blew the issue out proportion and the MumuNigerians didn't see all APC's lies and deceit.

Make una no worry ,una go hear wheeee.. grin

Bros i analyze political economy but never saw Jonathans plight from this prism. Thanks for the enlightenment.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
NO EXCUSES!

These are the changes Buhari promised:

1. Stabilize oil prices at $100 a barrel.
2. To reduce fuel price to N45 a litre.
3. Provide free education to all Nigerian children.
4. Pay the poorest 25 million people N5000 every month.
5. Generate 40,000 megawatts of electricity in 4 years.
6. Pay youth corpers for one more year after service.
7. Provide one meal a day for all Nigerian students.
8. Provide 3 million jobs in his first year.
9. To make N1 equal to $1( though he didn't actually say it shaaa)
10. Build 4 refineries in 4 years.
11. To stop Boko Haram and bring back chibok girls.
12. He also promised to remove immunity on public office holders, he may have forgotten.
13. Fight corruption.
14. Scrap the office of First Lady.

We are waiting

Sai Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by omocheche(f): 12:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
I talk you see? See how una don dey push the blame to your party members in the east? Now no b Buhari talk am na Okorocha lol.... I said it by the time hausa use Amaechi & Okorocha to achieve their aim they will push them aside and put all the blame on them, ha I will laugh Amaechi Ehen! Okorocha own na small #Buhari the magician lol
wakacome:

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by bejeria101(m): 12:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:
What awaits you is much more than Jonathan saw. Why will we not expect miracle when you promised us more miracles than even prophets had wrought? Such miracles as; 1naira =1dollar, you will regulate international oil price, wipe out bokoharam, and feed students twice daily.
Wipe our corruption and employ every youth.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Work your talks or face more insults than Jonathan received.

Thank u boss i thot na only me see the 1naira to 1dollar miracle.excuses we are tired of them
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by omobrown(f): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
grin grin grin grin now so oshiomole talk 4 Edo state say 4years no go reach to repair the state, na style to ask for another 4years b this oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by tunnary(m): 12:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
why didnt he make dis statement during his campaign? Nw he don win election he wan turn his back on us. all of dem r always d same, d one wen gud smal una don push am comot cos he's 2 quiet. Were r d peopl shoutin sai buhari? See wetin una oga dey talk o. D one dat even amazes me most is making naira equivalent 2 dollar in value. There must always be excuses

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by hamilton62(m): 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
bigbams24:

Two things:

1. 4 years is never going to be enough to fix a lot of the issues wrong with this country. But the thing is, all what we can ask for is to see progress in all aspects. Then they won't need to spend billions on campaign because we will want them to continue with the progress.

2. Most of the people who will react negatively to these statements are the sore losers who followed GEJ to his political grave. If you want to be objective enough, you'd know that no miracle is expected of any single government no matter what they said before entering. We didn't chase GEJ out because he didn't perform miracles as his supporters always want to believe. We sent him packing because he wasn't progressing the country in any way that impacts the people's lives and he was both inept and corrupt at the same time. None of those who voted him out will regret it because if GMB fails, we'll just as well send him packing again. So stop the taunts about what they promised and what we are going to see. GEJ had 6 years, 4 years isn't too much to give someone else.
God forgive me for saying this but I couldn't stand here and let your stupidity reign as a champion. You are more stupid than a chicken God knows this... GEJ did his best and achieved a lot but we said the he didn't and needed change because the money isn't in our pocket... Though he government never fought corruption but he achieved in employment(1.4million annually though he promised 2M while 1.8 is realistic for us), Agriculture... SME and youths empowerment...
He failed us because corruption was draining us not that he didn't do well so get it in you fish brain...
Nigerians are wiser now and all thanks to GEJ for his electoral reforms and freedom of speech and others... He is a Hero but we needed more stiffer hand who can leave up to his and still fight corruption otherwise, we will change him

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by bajosky: 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Baba and osibanjo personally promise to lead the war to bokoharam domain physically.

I dey wait to seee d execution of sekarau

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by jibs4lv(m): 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
major466:
Interpretation of Buhari's comments: Don't expect me to fulfill my promises to
1. Wipe Kworroption.
2. Stabilize international Oil Prices single handedly.
3. Make $1=N1
4. Provide 20,000MW of Power Supply within one Year!
5. End Boko Haram in two months.
6. Give N5,000 to 25 million unemployed youths.
7. Free meals for Children.
8. Create 7 million jobs per annum.
9. Free health care for everyone.
10. Turn Nigeria into Dubai.

They were busy making unrealistic plans without adequately streamlining the Viability and Possibility of implementing them. No road map on where the funds will come nor how they intend to generate finances needed to fulfill these bogus projects.

So there you have it Nigeria. This is the Change you voted for. Change from making promises to breaking promises.
animal ! Won't u accept defeat
major466:
Interpretation of Buhari's comments: Don't expect me to fulfill my promises to
1. Wipe Kworroption.
2. Stabilize international Oil Prices single handedly.
3. Make $1=N1
4. Provide 20,000MW of Power Supply within one Year!
5. End Boko Haram in two months.
6. Give N5,000 to 25 million unemployed youths.
7. Free meals for Children.
8. Create 7 million jobs per annum.
9. Free health care for everyone.
10. Turn Nigeria into Dubai.

They were busy making unrealistic plans without adequately streamlining the Viability and Possibility of implementing them. No road map on where the funds will come nor how they intend to generate finances needed to fulfill these bogus projects.

So there you have it Nigeria. This is the Change you voted for. Change from making promises to breaking promises.
animal ! Won't u accept defeat
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by omocheche(f): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lol see defence minister for Buhari & APC o! Would you mind tell us the difference between APC & Buhari? So na the nonsense wey una won give us for 4yrs be this? Wait o make he no be say we don enter one chance o
chigoizie7:

If u have been following GMB campaign train, u will agree with me that his watch word has always been, "our party's(APC) agenda" and not his personal agenda, so whatever any high ranked stake holder of the party said during their campaign is the party's agenda as-well .

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by hamilton62(m): 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
munex007:
Stop the lies abeg..

He never said he will make N1=1$ he was misquoted during his campaign in Imo he said "N1=1$ is not acceptable..I suppose you are intellectual or at least you did elementary Economics you shld know that the rate is determine by the force of market..

It won't be easy but no doubt I believe his adminstration will be better than that slowpoke with corruption reaching new heights

He has not even started official..Naira is already appreciating and new investors already promising Capital inflow which will boost FDI

Don't expect the Government to do everything for you!.Theirs is to build enabling environment.

Let the Process of Healing and Reconciliation Begin. God Bless Our President Elect, General Mohamadu Buhari (GCFR)

Why talk from both side of the tongue?
You spoke about economics and yet you know nothing about it by saying that GMB has not started and naira has gained strength, or should I teach you that election affects the local currency of any country?
We noticed a lot rigid economy due to the heist of election and it will normalise after election so rather than giving GMB praise on this, GEJ is the possessive personality here.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
hardbody:

Bros i analyze political economy but never saw Jonathans plight from this prism. Thanks for the enlightenment.
They fought that man from every angle and when he noticed that the people themselves aren't on his side due to his economic policies that didn't trickle down to the poor masses he knew that the game was over.

His govt was sabotaged on many fronts and that's what you get when you're brought in as a puppet and all of a sudden you want to be your own man ,your puppeteers will destroy you ,after all they still control the institutions of the country with hundreds of their loyalists serving under your govt.

If he was a rugged man before now ,most of them would have been disposed to enable him become his own man and do his job to satisfy the people ,but he left them alone while they plot his downfall or maybe he's simply too afraid to take any bold step against them knowing fully well that they own majority of the people in both house and they won't waste time in impeaching him and disgracing him .

The man simply used his head and gave us our irredeemable country back but he did something and that alone has sent a message to ordinary Nigerians that has functioning eyes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

FG Can't Share Donated Funds To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Remi Tinubu Can Never Be First Lady Of Nigeria - Nigerians Tackle Tinubu's Wife / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.