Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,035 members, 7,903,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:29 AM

Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales (880 Views)

Toyota Overtakes Volkswagen To Regain Lead In Vehicle Sales / ****Lightening Fast RO/RO Vehicle Shipping From Any U.S Location Made Easy***** / Thread On Vehicle Importation Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Omolabi1: 9:53pm On Jan 27, 2009
Nairalanders:
I see all manner of posts in this section on vehicle sales. I guess we need to standardize posts ----- i.e. set minimum requirements. For instance, I suggest a vehicle that is more than 7 years old should be disqualified by the moderator. So goes for any post that does not include photos, VIN, model, price etc. What do you think, fellow nairalanders? Let us take this section to the next level!!
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Martins00(m): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
I think you are a Joker! We've seen enough freaks like u already!
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
Omo_labi:

Nairalanders:
I suggest a vehicle that is more than 7 years old should be disqualified by the moderator.

Read what you've posted, and see if it makes any sense. undecided

Are you saying that everyone wants to buy a brand new car?
And those who own cars that fall short of your "requirements" should dump them rather than sell?

Please, try thinking first, before you decide to post!

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by igwe11(m): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2009
Omo_labi:

Nairalanders:
I see all manner of posts in this section on vehicle sales. I guess we need to standardize posts ----- i.e. set minimum requirements. For instance, I suggest a vehicle that is more than 7 years old should be disqualified by the moderator. So goes for any post that does not include photos, VIN, model, price etc. What do you think, fellow nairalanders? Let us take this section to the next level!!
Standardization is good in everything we do but your suggestion came rather too late. Oooooooh! that highlighted portion of your post really sucks.
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by greatikena: 1:06am On Jan 28, 2009
Thank you igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for that reply
You are indeed are wise igwe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by kingrd(m): 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2009
Bravo for your bold initiative omo_labi. Those who offer lemon for sale on nairaland are opposed to standardization. It is instructive to note that babeisme, inspired-m etc who offer good vehicles for sale have not condemned this brilliant idea. If you are opposed to it , Do not use foul language.
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by evangy69(m): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2009
Hi All,

If we check Omo_labi 's blood,there will be traces of OBJ(Gen. Obasanjo) blood running in him. They seem to think alike. Just because you are rich enough to buy/sell new cars doesn't mean others should not. The age is not the issue but the condition of the car(Engine/wiring/internal conditions etc). Watch out for people like this coming to governance,otherwise we might need to smuggle our cars to neighbouring countries for sale as we're buying cars from Togo/Benin etc. Please stop the criminalisation of basic things of life or the bar raising mentality(Live and let others live). The failure of government in Nigeria is what reduces Nigerians to cater for themselves and please if you can't help them,don't add to their problem.
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Areaboy2(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2009
lol, everyone wants to eat him up,

his idea of standardization is very good, in the sense that

VIN,
Photos,
price,
Mileage

must be included in all advert,

but his idea of 7yrs old cars out of the picture is where he jumped for the bridge and missed. hook, line, sinker, and bait grin grin, tongue
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Busybody2(f): 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2009
Area_boy:

lol, everyone wants to eat him up. . .
. . . but his idea of 7yrs old cars out of the picture, is where he jumped for the bridge and missed. hook, line, sinker, and bait grin grin, tongue

Hence the reason we the people should be allowed to eat him up, but only on the concession that we skin him alive first cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2009
Eat him alive over the 7 year clause, just remember to spit out his bootlaces.  tongue

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2009
Guess the worry here is about salvage and rebuilt cars.

Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect the majority of actual and potential car buyers on Nairaland are not in the market for multi-million naira cars (yes, I know we also have the affluent amongst us but as is typical of the Nigerian situation, they are in the minority). I would venture to say most budgets would range under N1.5m.

Now, salvage/rebuilt titles are generally cheaper and more affordable. If a dealer is willing to pass the cost savings to the customer, this whole issue would not be such a big deal.

Let's face it, some accidents that are reported on CARFAX and AUTOCHECK are not serious enough to raise the kind of paranoia that bursts loose in some people's minds. Some of these accidents can be likened to a sleepy driver hitting your car from behind in Lagos traffic. Importers of these cars can easily get a document called the Accident Report which details everything that occured and that can help decide if the accident was serious enough or not. The key here is a willingness to pass on the savings in the form of a reduced price to the customer.

I challenge any dealer on this forum to consider a thread for Salvage/Rebuilt titles, methinks the customer traffic might become too much to handle cool cool cool
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Busybody2(f): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2009
wwheelz:

Guess the worry here is about salvage and rebuilt cars.

Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect the majority of actual and potential car buyers on Nairaland are not in the market for multi-million naira cars (yes, I know we also have the affluent amongst us but as is typical of the Nigerian situation, they are in the minority). I would venture to say most budgets would range under N1.5m.

Now, salvage/rebuilt titles are generally cheaper and more affordable. If a dealer is willing to pass the cost savings to the customer, this whole issue would not be such a big deal.

Let's face it, some accidents that are reported on CARFAX and AUTOCHECK are not serious enough to raise the kind of paranoia that bursts loose in some people's minds. Some of these accidents can be likened to a sleepy driver hitting your car from behind in Lagos traffic. Importers of these cars can easily get a document called the Accident Report which details everything that occured and that can help decide if the accident was serious enough or not. The key here is a willingness to pass on the savings in the form of a reduced price to the customer.

I challenge any dealer on this forum to consider a thread for Salvage/Rebuilt titles, methinks the customer traffic might become too much to handle cool cool cool

You ain't never lied grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Busybody2(f): 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2009
Siena:

Eat him alive over the 7 year clause, just remember to spit out his bootlaces. tongue

DeltaVAGTM

Love this newly acquired evil streak running through your vein grin grin grin
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
Evil streak coursing through Siena's veins?  shocked

Persih the thought, big_bumper!  angry

Siena's completely harmless. Just like JK. wink
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Omolabi1: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2009
Anyone who reads Babeisme's post of January 28 will agree with me on the need for standardization. This is GOLD standard post and we must insist that others should fall in line. The cost of the Siena '05 is not prohibitive unlike those who think they can offer lemons of 9 plus years, 100000 Miles (160,000Km) plus junks at cut throat prices. We must not allow Nigeria become a dumpsite for derelict vehicles.
Babeisme,I doff my hat for you. Keep up the good work.
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by t0kunb0(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2009
Omo_labi:

Nairalanders:
undecided
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Busybody2(f): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2009
I have not read the post dated the 28th of January undecided Dang, don't tell me my tatafo antenna needs tweaking again angry

Anyhoo, if the comment about knowing a dealer who dabbles in rolled back odometer, was uttered by an indifferent bystander, then maybe your submission would have held water undecided
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by kingrd(m): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2009
Busy-body:
Are you throwing jabs at Babeisme? Odometer tampering is a serious allegation. I guess Babeisme can speak for self. Proven cases of dishonesty should attract sanctions. Another reason for maintaining a minimum standard!!!!!!
Re: Need To Standardize Posts On Vehicle Sales by Busybody2(f): 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2009
kingrd:

Busy-body:
Are you throwing jabs at Babeisme? Odometer tampering is a serious allegation. I guess Babeisme can speak for self. Proven cases of dishonesty should attract sanctions. Another reason for maintaining a minimum standard!!!!!!

And you are undecided

Did I lie about what I said undecided

Are you questioning my right to my opinion undecided

Am I the first to come out with such undecided

Would I be the last undecided

Nice to meet you too cool

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Cross You Cars Nd Other Item Through Seme Border(benin Republic) / Lagos Mass Transit Rail Update will crash car price in Nigeria? / Whats The Best Model Of Golf3 For Use In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.