Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,855 members, 7,980,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:58 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1309545 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) ... (1551) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
SMUAG:

Yes, even if we all are DC fans, we still have our preferred directors or writers that make us to fall in love more with DC. On that note, Snyder takes the major share.
Funny thing is, actually, I wasn't even a Snyder fan before DCEU, but when I watched MoS (June 15th, 2013 at Genesis cinema. A date I can't forget)....mehnn....I was blown out by what he actual did, and cause I had never seen anything close to that when replicating a comic book page into an actual movie!
Ironically, the number 1 hater of MoS are comic book reader, I don’t know why though
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Ironically, the number 1 hater of MoS are comic book reader, I don’t know why though
Something about MoS going against everything related to the characterization of Supes. Standouts were the Pa Kent suicidal sacrifice and the Zod murder.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nickshrapnel:

When I first watched MOS despite being blown away it left a sour taste in my mouth cos of Zods murder but now in hindsight I think it was genius...

That movie was a solid 9/10 with soomany iconic Superman scenes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
TonySpike:

Hail Snydra!!!

I laugh when people on this thread say Snyder's fans are minority. This should be an eye-opener...lmao

Now, He got an Oscars. Pretty impressive, hey. It was meant to be ZSJL but it was ineligible because of earlier Josstice League version.

Lol, so you think only Snyder fans voted for ZSJL Flash scene. LMFAO. If I had the chance I'd definitely vote for it too despite me being vocally against his fans. Cos I'm a DC fan.

Let Zack's fans enjoy this win for the moment. This argument is for another day.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nickshrapnel:

They won't acknowledge this truth.
The most vocal members who hate the movie are hardcore comic book readers cos it goes against what Supes stands for.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Am still confused at how that flash scene won the highest cheer over avenger assemble scene and NHW all 3 spiderman landing scene.

Mayb no be the same movie I see sha, cus the only explanation I can see is, it was based or fan votes, that yeye flash scene??
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
RIP

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
pu7pl3:
Still can't believe Army of the dead beat Spiderman No way home...at this rate Zach's movies would keep raking up fan votes anytime they are in contention.
People like him as a person. The man is good, and trust people to have this admiration for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minulight: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
So guys, I started an entertainment blog and unexpectedly I found myself writing about Will Smith as my first blog post...
My thoughts on it below:
https://eddieinception./2022/03/28/everybody-hates-will/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
°°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 9:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
Batman may not make 800 mill ... Current low key estimates are around 765 to 780..High would be 800 to 810...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
MCU media be wilding undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2022
Morning, guys...
I want to start a DC debate here...
Do you know Kryptonite isn't harmful to Superman but rather it's the yellow sun?
Let's talk.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:38am On Mar 29, 2022
The Flash’ Star Ezra Miller Arrested In Hawaii Over Disorderly Conduct In Bar...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:39am On Mar 29, 2022
BlackManta:
MCU media be wilding undecided

Yea, they care so much they sponsor publications and articles wondering how those two scenes won...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 9:17am On Mar 29, 2022
Minemrys:
Morning, guys...
Do you know Kryptonite isn't harmful to Superman but rather it's the yellow sun?
Let's talk.

It is, but he can overcome kryptonite if he wants to, by going berserk, but still, Supes won't do that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2022
Minemrys:
Morning, guys...
Let's talk.
How so?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:47am On Mar 29, 2022
SMUAG:

It is, but he can overcome kryptonite if he wants to, by going berserk, but still, Supes won't do that.
He can't. The Yellow sun is toxic to Kryptonians, but their physiology allows them to adapt to it in a way that it wouldn't kill them, it's like a radiation, Kryptonite removes this effect but outrightly draining them of their life force. On Krypton or in the presence of a red sun and absence of a yellow sun, kryptonite won't hurt them.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
How so?
Superman powers are an effect of the yellow sun and earth atmosphere, block the sun's radiation, kryptonite will be harmless to him. Kryptonite is rather harmful to humans but in a different light. Kal el as an alien is trying to adapt to Earth atmosphere and the sun, coming close to kryptonite removes the effect of the sun but it takes draining him. The longer it drains him, the sooner the Earth atmosphere fights back, hence kryptonite is trying to cure him of the sun radiation but at the same time, the sun and earth are fighting back.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 5:00pm On Mar 29, 2022
Minemrys:

He can't. The Yellow sun is toxic to Kryptonians, but their physiology allows them to adapt to it in a way that it wouldn't kill them, it's like a radiation, Kryptonite removes this effect but outrightly draining them of their life force. On Krypton or in the presence of a red sun and absence of a yellow sun, kryptonite won't hurt them.
On Krypton and in the presence of red sun, they basically have normal human physiology, so kryptonite should hurt them in the long term, since that’s the effect it has on normal human
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Thinking of flash, Flash wrapped filming in October last year,got pushed to next year for VFX issues. It's VFX will take a year and some months, that's a very long time just for VFX issues....
Very weird...

Lol...
OG LAMBA pon da bEAt... grin

My own reasoning or understanding, since it is Flash and CGI heavy I mean it has 2500 VFX shots. Also it's 7 months extra from its initial release date.
VFX studios have huge pile up of projects based on Covid-19 disruptions and could most likely not meet up the deadline since there would be evidently other movies which had been booked up before Flash's production started.
Also Aquaman which is CGI heavy gets pushed from December.

Remember hastened VFX work to meet deadline was the sole reason we get that stupid superman lip/moustache meme.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
Watching Shazam 2 for the plot. grin grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
On Krypton and in the presence of red sun, they basically have normal human physiology, so kryptonite should hurt them in the long term, since that’s the effect it has on normal human
You are forgetting kryptonians aren't exactly humans. They are way different. They maybe powerless in Krypton but way different from human. Their planet is way harsher than earth. Besides, kryptonite is a mineral resources on Krypton. So how can it be dangerous on them? It's like saying charcoal or something is dangerous on humans.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
abduleez1:
Watching Shazam 2 for the plot. grin grin
Who's the babe?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kaycee7:
Who's the babe?

Grace Fulton. She'll play both Mary and Mary Marvel in the sequel.

She played only Mary in Shazam. I'm really surprised by the wild optimism Shazam 2 is getting on social media. Peeps seem genuinely interested in the project and gets consistently in the topics. I dey hardly even see Aquaman 2 for topic sef. cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
abduleez1:

She played only Mary in Shazam. I'm really surprised by the wild optimism Shazam 2 is getting on social media. Peeps seem genuinely interested in the project and gets consistently in the topics. I dey hardly even see Aquaman 2 for topic sef. cheesy
She resemble her name sef.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
abduleez1:

Oh, yes. I'm seeing some nice character development tongue
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kaycee7:
Oh, yes. I'm seeing some nice character development tongue
Hmm, character development grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
Minemrys:

You are forgetting kryptonians aren't exactly humans. They are way different. They maybe powerless in Krypton but way different from human. Their planet is way harsher than earth. Besides, kryptonite is a mineral resources on Krypton. So how can it be dangerous on them? It's like saying charcoal or something is dangerous on humans.
Kryptonite is not a mineral in Krypton only on earth.

Besides, your analogy of charcoal made me laugh considering that when the fume from a burnt charcoal is inhaled by a human it can result to death and the kryptonite is formed from the remains of krypton when it exploded grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Kryptonite is not a mineral in Krypton only on earth.

Besides, your analogy of charcoal made me laugh considering that when the fume from a burnt charcoal is inhaled by a human it can result to death and the kryptonite is formed from the remains of krypton when it exploded grin
Lol, anything is dangerous bro. What I meant by the charcoal analogy is that being with it doesn't hurt a human. As for the Kryptonite, it depends on the version. In most versions, it is a mineral, like in Smallville, it was a mineral that even jor El made use of. It being a part of Krypton makes it a mineral though cause generally minerals are mined from the earth's crust and they are a part of the Earth or gotten from the earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) ... (1551) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.