Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,427 members, 7,974,749 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:36 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71846 Views)

Poll: Will you still support Arsenal if it ends the season in 5th?

Yes - Rain or Shine I support Arsenal: 67% (51 votes)
I will still support if Wenger is fired: 6% (5 votes)
NO!! Top 4 or NOTHING: 19% (15 votes)
I will if Wenger buys world class players: 6% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mayordee(m): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2009
Debosky, u are one of the truest Gunner in town, one love man
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:50am On Mar 12, 2009
Debo is the Gunner Chief  cool

I removed lots of braids on my head last nite embarassed i saw the destruction i did this morning grin

Cant even talk no voice sef tongue

I just hope we never go through this ever again tongue

cheksli fans running riot in here, had it been you guys on pens , you would have lost  grin

special edition Teary dolls tongue

bring on blackburn,  cool

Cheksli plays Citeh and Man plays pool. kill urselves jo grin

If you missed the Pens watch itHere
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
Lord, just because they scraped through against Roma of all teams, they wont allow us to hear word again.

debosky:

You can't go through an experience like this and remain the same. Something distinct and enduring has been added to the spirit of this squad. . . I'm not certain they will win anything (but I am hopeful) but they will be BETTER as the season progresses, that I'm sure of.

Take a bow lads! It was tough, it took guts and you pulled through! cool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. . . . . . . . . . Nonsense!!!

If Chelsea had to rely on penalties against a team like Roma, the fans would be in a state of crisis, not lauding some imaginary 'acquired' mental fortitude.

After all this talk, Arsenal will still get knocked out in the next round as soon as they meet a decent team.

Better pray to draw Villareal or Porto!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ibime:

Lord, just because they scraped through against Roma of all teams, they wont allow us to hear word again.
You better shut your gob - didn't this 'Roma of all teams' SPANK you 3-1 at the Stadio Olimpico?? cheesy

Chelski lost 3-2 to Roma on aggregate if you consider the group games played by both sides, so what nonsense are you going on about?

If Chelsea had to rely on penalties against a team like Roma, the fans would be in a state of crisis, not lauding some imaginary 'acquired' mental fortitude.

After all this talk, Arsenal will still get knocked out in the next round as soon as they meet a decent team.

Does this look like stinking Chelski to you? We are building our young players and forging them into a stronger unit. A midfield of Nasri 21 Diaby 21 Denilson 20 and Walcott 20 have never experienced penalty shoot outs in their careers. Experiencing this pressure will DEFINITELY encourage and increase confidence. Putting away your penalties crisply with 60,000+ supporters screaming at you to miss? cheesy That takes nerves dude, whether you admit it or not. cool

We know what happened to Chelski when they faced that - Terry SLIPPED! cheesy grin grin grin

Regardless of who we draw, we will be ready to face them. We will be BETTER in the quarter finals than we were yesterday, better believe it! cool

PS Once Arsenal qualify for the FA Cup semis, you better get a ticket for Wembley cos I'm gonna laugh in your face when we eliminate you there! cool

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
Lawd have mercy!

The reason I love Arsenal is that they are consistenly incosistent. All this jubilation will turn to groans within the next 2 weeks! embarassed

No wahala, the proof will be in the pudding. False pride will not allow Gaynners to admit they are 2nd class citizens where the big boys are concerned. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ibime:

No wahala, [b]the proof will be in the pudding. [/b]False pride will not allow Gaynners to admit they are 2nd class citizens where the big boys are concerned. wink

We've seen the proof - deciding kicks Diaby scoring and Terry slipping grin grin grin

Big boys? Remind me. . . who won when we played Chelski at the broken down bridge? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ajibawealt(m): 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
at debosky

Thanks man for keeping most of us that were unable to watch the match posted. U really deserve the chief title.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ Debo,

We will MURDER you at the Emirates!!!

My dream is to draw Arsenal in Champions League quarter-final. We will knock you out of UCL, FA Cup and beat you at Emirates.

This summer, Arsenal fan thread will be DESERTED!!!

This Chelsea is not the Chelsea of LFS, and you will not get your bloody offside goals again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by codedguy1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ibime:

@ Debo,

My dream is to draw Arsenal in Champions League quarter-final. We will knock you out of UCL, FA Cup and beat you at Emirates.

This Chelsea is not the Chelsea of LFS, and you will not get your bloody offside goals again.

Oh boy, see boasting oo shocked shocked

See wetin guus don do, kai

Debo, what are u gonna do bout this, on your sacred thread. shocked grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ibime:

@ Debo,

Let us wait and SEE!!

Was it the same way you murdered us there last season?  cheesy Was the bullet header that Gallas used to beat you at the Emirates offside as well? cheesy grin grin

PS - You won't get any OWN GOALS either! cheesy grin grin

Your dream of getting us might come true, but the rest will simply be a nightmare. We will beat you in the FA cup (if we qualify) and we will beat you at the Emirates. Don't get it twisted - this ain't Carling cup!!  cool

NOTHING (except Jesus comes and takes us away  cheesy) can make the Arsenal thread deserted. Even if we don't win a THING we will still be here - as the poll shows, even if we come FIFTH [/b]70% of Arsenal fans will still be here so forget about that.  cool

All the Guus gra gra is fading already - managing to draw with a team down to 10 men?

[b]Y'all are going down at the Emiraati in a blaze of gunfire!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2009
Just set up the direct debit now!  grin

Do you want accumulator bet or a series of independent bets?   angry

Even though my risk management is strong, I am EXTREMELY confident of the accumulator!!!   grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2009
I am a pastor-in-training and gambling is against my religion grin grin grin

Let's do this though - I'm gonna do my best to get tickets for the game at Wembley - whoever loses will refund the other party's ticket cost. Deal? cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ibime:

@ Debo,

Chelsea scumtwats are reputed for being too mouthy so this epileptic utterances above doesnt surprise me

My fingers are crossed till the day we put CHELSEA and STAMFORD BRIDGE TO SWORD!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
debosky:

Let's do this though - I'm gonna do my best to get tickets for the game at Wembley - whoever loses will refund the other party's ticket cost. Deal? cool

Come on man! Thats chump change!

I shall be in Gambia during that period. How about this - if you win, I refund the cost of your trip to London, and if we win, you refund the cost of ma trip to Gambia!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ibime:

I shall be in Gambia during that period. How about this - if you win, I refund the cost of your trip to London, and if we win, you refund the cost of ma trip to Gambia!!!
grin grin grin

DEAL!!! (as long as your trip to Gambia is by Camel grin)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
You better hedge yourself against currency exposure cos I am holding the cost of my trip to Gambia against today's exchange rate! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by codedguy1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2009
debosky:

I am a pastor-in-training and gambling is against my religion grin grin grin

Ibime:

Lets make this more interesting!!!!!

Whoever loses dances naked on NL shocked grin grin

debosky:

grin grin grin

DEAL!!! (as long as your trip to Gambia is by Camel grin)

ROFLMAO grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
Check out this quote from Tmoni a Man Utd fan:

Tmoni:

me, i like things d easy way except otherwise so i would want us to be drawn against either:

1. Porto
2. Villareal
3. Arse-anal,

we are almost guranteed a semi- final spot

Everybody knows Arsenal are chumps!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ibime:

Check out this quote from Tmoni a Man Utd fan:

Everybody knows Arsenal are chumps!!!

So some scumtwat comes here talking nonsense and you believe him?

Question - what happened to the scumtwats when they visited the Emiraati this season? cheesy

You got it - destroyed in a blaze of gunfire!!

Real Madrid was also happy to pick us in 2006 before we eliminated them clinically, ditto with AC Milan in 2008. cool

It doesn't matter who we face, we are the ARSENAL!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Emperoh(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
debosky:

So some scumtwat comes here talking nonsense and you believe him?
Question - what happened to the scumtwats when they visited the Emiraati this season? cheesy
You got it - destroyed in a blaze of gunfire!!

Thunda faya ya key board dia
What happened to Arseanal when we visited the Emirates last season? FA Cup?
They were dismembered sliced to bits by a class B Man U team!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2009
Of all teams left in the UCL;
Arsenal have beaten 3 this season alone(all competitions) though we lost to one in a return fixture.

Of all 7, it would make alot of sense to meet chelsea cos they're the most winnable team left.
I would really hate to meet liverpool over 2 legs cos they're adept at those kind of games-preferrably final after they've handled Barca.
That leaves Bayern, who will do the dirty work there ?
If God wills it, Platini'll give them to Man U.
But it's all speculation, let's wait and see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2009
edoyad:

Of all 7, it would make alot of sense to meet chelsea cos they're the most winnable team left.

WHATTTTTT!!!!!

You must be joking! Chelsea and Liverpool are the most consistent teams in UCL for the last 6 years!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Akolawole(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Ibi

You get time sha!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
My boys came good on the night,what an exceptional display of mental strength and calmness
To think that this was the same turf on which chelski was roasted in the qualifying stages

For all those voyeurs who've been on the verge of suffering cardiac arrest,especially those of chav extraction, because we did what they couln't do,helllllllllllllloo Arsenal has been and will always be better than your blue-wannabe asses.

Last time I checked,we beat you in your backyard this season already,so quit complaining
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
Don't blame these gay-ners running their mouth.
We lost to you, we lost to Roma, United, Pool etc
That was the Chelsea in crisis.
Can't wait to play u at the Emirates and FA semis
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Emperoh(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2009
Meanwhile. . . . . . . . .

Arsenal are on the verge of civil war after Kolo Toure revealed the rift at the heart of the Gunners' defence.

The north London side have set their sights on winning the Champions League and FA Cup
but the players' strained relationship with William Gallas threatens to derail their pursuit.
Controversial Gallas fell out with a number of key Arsenal stars earlier this season
and had a furious row with Toure, who handed in a transfer request in January
and came close to joining Manchester City. He withdrew it after being persuaded to stay at the Emirates.

But the Ivory Coast centre-back has now revealed that the pair barely speak,
sparking fears that Gallas' continued presence will harm Arsenal's chances of silverware.
'Our relationship [with Gallas] has improved, but it’s just a professional relationship,'
Toure told Setanta. 'Once we are on the pitch we try to keep a professional attitude and to communicate.
'We never got on well together. You see, I’m friends with (Johan) Djourou,
with [Emmanuel] Eboue, with Gael [Clichy], but it’s not the same with William.
It’s the same within every company, you can’t be friends with everybody.'
Toure, 27, revealed that a lack of playing time forced him to consider his Arsenal future,
but is now focused on helping the club end their four-year trophy drought.

'Many problems occurred and made me want to move on,' he added.
'Is it because of Gallas? Not at all. At the start of the season I didn’t play a lot and I felt that it was the right moment to go.

'There were some problems between the players,
but this must remain an internal matter because I’m not the kind of man who creates controversies.
I have changed my mind and I hope I will stay at the club, for sure.

'The most important thing for me is to give the best to the club of my heart, because Arsenal remain the club of my heart.
'Wearing the Arsenal shirt gives me huge pride and I hope I will stay.
We will see at the end of the season, but I am under contract until 2011.'

Fellow defender Johan Djourou also confirmed there had been problems
behind the scenes at Arsenal this season but insisted they are now in the past.
The Switzerland international said: 'Something happened, but it’s a thing of the past.
He did want to go, but he’s here to stay.
'Honestly I think that Kolo is impressive as a person and as a player.
I can speak about him because we are very close friends.'
Mexico striker Carlos Vela also played down suggestions of a dressing room rift and
praised Gallas for helping him as he adjusts top life in England.

'It’s not a big deal and it’s a thing of the past,' said Vela.
'Everybody in the dressing room is talking to him and has a normal relationship with him.
'He remains the same. He is pretty much committed to the team and is not left apart from the squad.
As far as I’m concerned, I have a very good relationship with him (Gallas) and he’s always happy to give a hand.'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2009
BlueDiva:

Yea right,why not blame it on the rain
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2009
Don't blame these gay-ners running their mouth.
We lost to you, we lost to Roma, United, Pool etc
Can't wait to play u at the Emirates and FA semis

Teams usually have their sanctuary. A place come rain or shine they can manage to scrape result.
Now that chelsea don't have one anymore you think Emirates will compensate ?
Na there you lie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
What is new in the poppycock Emperoh posted? undecided

Another lame attempt by some gossip rag to rake muck about Arsenal players.  tongue

Bendtner and Ade aren't the best of pals, who cares? They get on the pitch and play together when necessary.

Kolo and Gallas aren't friends right? But Kolo still waited for Gallas to get back onto the pitch in the first leg. Who ever thinks 25+ players at a club will all like each other must be a naive prat.

I am cock sure that Ronaldo has slapped Anderson before for blasting the ball into the stands stupidly time after time instead of passing.  grin grin

@ edoyad

My first choice would be Liverpool - to avenge the loss suffered at their hands. Forget the 'razzmatazz' against Madrid - they are beatable and MU will dispatch them with comical ease this weekend.

Apart from revenge motives, I'd like Bayern (to shut DK up) or Porto.

Ibime:

You must be joking! Chelsea and Liverpool are the most consistent teams in UCL for the last 6 years!
and how many consistency cups have Chelski won in the past 6 years in the CL? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2009
edoyad:

Teams usually have their sanctuary. A place come rain or shine they can manage to scrape result.
Now that chelsea don't have one anymore you think Emirates will compensate ?
Na there you lie

And Emirates is your sanctuary?
A place relegation threatened teams come and whoop ur ass.
Interesting
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
And Emirates is your sanctuary?
A place relegation threatened teams come and whoop ur ass.
Interesting

Exactly, you get the point.relegation threatened ,not teams like chelsea,
Your sub go run aground there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2009

back your claims up with evidence

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.