Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,130 members, 7,946,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70773 Views)

Poll: Will you still support Arsenal if it ends the season in 5th?

Yes - Rain or Shine I support Arsenal: 67% (51 votes)
I will still support if Wenger is fired: 6% (5 votes)
NO!! Top 4 or NOTHING: 19% (15 votes)
I will if Wenger buys world class players: 6% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
@All the initial poster was saying was that ARSENAL had beaten 3 of the present 8 teams in the UEFA CL 1/4 finals now this SAME SEASON! and this includes MAN U and Chelsea. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
tayoccu:

back your claims up with evidence

Rank these performances out of ten:

losing in the group stage:
reaching second round:
reaching quarter final:
reaching semi-final:
losing finalist:
Winner:

Assign whatever score you wish and I will show you why UEFA indices rank Liverpool & Chelsea as no 1 and 2.

Lemme see if your brain is working. Olodo!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2009
Na Ranking we go chop?

Come to Emiraati and we will beat you. SIMPLE tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2009
debosky:

Na Ranking we go chop?

Come to Emiraati and we will beat you. SIMPLE  tongue

GBAM!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg help me tell am o0o . .R.Madrid wey don carry the UEFA CL 9 times now dey chop am Home and away for the same UCL for the past 5 yrs . .  Ranking Ko, Ranking ni tongue wink grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mayordee(m): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
Eduardo will miss Blackburn match due to groin injury
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
mayordee:

Oh no! NOT AGAIN Eduardo? why why embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed why why why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
mayordee:

This guy will never be the same again. The injury did more harm than we thought.
He will retire early.
Too Bad.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2009
mayordee:

He will never be the same again.
I mentioned this to Debosky some weeks ago but he thunk i was just being MEAN.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2009
You are being mean!! sad

He will recover - his ANKLE was injured, not his groin. This is a short term thing and he will be BACK. Any footie Dudu plays this season is a BONUS for me. I am not expecting to see him or Rozzi at their best till next season. cool He will have niggly injuries after being out for a year, but they will clear up - you can't be out for so long and get back into gear instantly. Dudu will be back to his BEST.

He pulled a hamstring and now has a groin injury - I'm sure he'll be ready to face Hull come Tuesday. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
debosky:

You are being mean!! sad

He will recover - his ANKLE was injured, not his groin. This is a short term thing and he will be BACK. Any footie Dudu plays this season is a BONUS for me. I am not expecting to see him or Rozzi at their best till next season. cool He will have niggly injuries after being out for a year, but they will clear up - you can't be out for so long and get back into gear instantly. Dudu will be back to his BEST.

He pulled a hamstring and now has a groin injury - I'm sure he'll be ready to face Hull come Tuesday. cool

The emboldened doesn't require rocket science to figure out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2009
debosky:

You are being mean!! sad

By God's Grace . .bcoz we need him o0o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Allboyz

AMEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Delcylvi(m): 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2009
As a manutd fan, the only problem i have with Arsenal is mediocrasy.You guys are talking about finishing 4th not even winning the title,that unthinkable isnt it? I remember when the EPL was all about Manutd and Arsenal but ever since wenger decided try the so called "sexy football" Arsenal has been languishing.Tell me whicq you would prefer a winning club like manutd or a struggling football academy like Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2009
warrahell shocked shocked grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 12:54am On Mar 13, 2009
Delcylvi:

As a manutd fan, the only problem i have with Arsenal is mediocrasy.You guys are talking about finishing 4th not even winning the title,that unthinkable isnt it? I remember when the EPL was all about Manutd and Arsenal but ever since wenger decided try the so called "sexy football" Arsenal has been languishing.Tell me whicq you would prefer a winning club like manutd or a struggling football academy like Arsenal?
Hi Bro . . take that to your MAN UTD thread and ask that question and then what for a reply. wink  1love bro! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2009
IT IS ALWAYS GREAT TO see arsenal play enteprising soccer----i am always entertained and happy to watch arsenal play and i look forward to see them getting a silverware this season FA cup most certain for the gunners---------the league has already gone to manchester united-----the champions league?? who knows? (till the draws)

arsenal is for ever a big team-big club-big tradition!! a blessing to soccer----good football.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2009
Chei . see all 'em Roma . .na wa o0o . . defeat no good o0o . .Gallas seem the happiest in that pix.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Delcylvi(m): 9:27am On Mar 13, 2009
Dont mind Arsenal, when Manutd used to beat A.s Roma 7-1 , Arsenal thought that Roma players are "some bunch of JJC's" ,well Congratulations but lets see how well you play against Blackburn (that match is a must win or uefa cup here we come) quote me
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 9:32am On Mar 13, 2009
Delcylvi:

Dont mind Arsenal, when Manutd used to beat A.s Roma 7-1 , Arsenal thought that Roma players are "some bunch of JJC's" ,well Congratulations but lets see how well you play against Blackburn (that match is a must win or uefa cup here we come) quote me

Sharrap dia . . .what do u know abt footy? Arsenal did trash INTER 5 - 1 way in the UCL Quater finals . .and you want there to play them a goaless draw . . u had better not start all this bias argument this morning except you want to get roasted wink cheesy . . . .fink about your game with l'pool at the OT - won't be surprise if l'pool force you ppl to rename your stadium to "theatre of tears"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2009
But Inter beat Arsenal 3-0 at Highbury. when was the last time Man Utd lost at home 3-0?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2009
dayokanu:

But Inter beat Arsenal 3-0 at Highbury. when was the last time Man Utd lost at home 3-0?
What point are you making?

3-0 in the opening group game vs 5-1 in the return leg (not Q/finals allboyz) which proves a higher level of performance?

Who cares if MU has lost 5-0 at home before? Is there an award for not losing 3-0 at home Scumtwats and DK like making irrelevant points.

We beat Roma - end of story, whether it was 0.5 - 0 or 100 - 0, a WIN is a WIN. No points for goals, no points for not conceding, NOTHING. We are in the quarter finals and are on equal footing with all the other teams - no rankings or any other schitzo matters at this stage.

Bring them on!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by codedguy1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2009
debosky:

We beat Roma - end of story, whether it was 0.5 - 0 or 100 - 0, a WIN is a WIN. No points for goals, no points for not conceding, NOTHING.

Good to know you are now thinking in this direction. A win is what really matters

When Arsenal celebrate draws it really makes us wonder.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2009
Can someone please update me on when the draw for UCL Q/Final comes up please
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mavtrevor(m): 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2009
We have to keep fingers crossed on who meets who but i am predicting two English teams playing against each other in the next round.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2009
coded guy:

Good to know you are now thinking in this direction. A win is what really matters

When Arsenal celebrate draws it really makes us wonder.
A draw is a useful result in the context of a league - you get a point from it and don't worsen your goal difference.

In a KNOCK OUT tie, winning is everything.

@ kay

the draw will be held next Friday in France.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by codedguy1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2009
debosky:

A draw is a useful result in the context of a league - you get a point from it and don't worsen your goal difference.

In a KNOCK OUT tie, winning is everything.

@ kay

the draw will be held next Friday in France.

Of course a draw is useful in a league format, but becomes detrimental to your cause when its too frequent, 2 points are always dropped.

Because a draw can be usefull doesn't mean thats what a team should thrive on.

As per the KNOCK OUT tie postulation, Prey tell, What else would you be looking for in a competition that has entered the KNOCK OUT stage?? A draw

I guess thats why you guys enjoyed the pen kicks with Roma. One could touch the tension from your posts during the kicks.

Heard Muki squeazed her G string/thong after the shootout and the liquid filled a drum. shocked shocked

Am sure you dont want her to go thru that all the time
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Arsenal were battered at home in the hands of Hector Cuper.
Moratti did a dumb thang and got Hector sacked before Arsenal came to San Siro and Inter got bludgeoned by Henry n his goons.
If i remember correctly, it was the season they were called INVINCIBLES. grin grin grin grin

Apart from Barcelona who might worry United's attack. . . . . .I am confident United can demolish any other team left in the UCL.
There's no English team capable of beating Man Utd over 2 legs. There's an air of inevitability in that.
United will outscore any team at OT and will get away goals @ Anfield, Emirates or Wankford Bridge.

BRING IT THE Bleep ON!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2009
Sharrap dia . . .what do u know abt footy? Arsenal did trash INTER 5 - 1 way in the UCL Quater finals . .and you want there to play them a goaless draw . . u had better not start all this bias argument this morning except you want to get roasted . . . .fink about your game with l'pool at the OT - won't be surprise if l'pool force you ppl to rename your stadium to "theatre of tears"
is J-Unit back with another ID?
or whats this dude yapping?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

Apart from Barcelona who might worry United's attack. . . . . .I am confident United can demolish any other team left in the UCL.
There's no English team capable of beating Man Utd over 2 legs. There's an air of inevitability in that.
United will outscore any team at OT and will get away goals @ Anfield, Emirates or Wankford Bridge.

BRING IT THE Bleep ON!!!!

Why can't you be original for once in your sad scummie existence?  grin

If we face Man Utd, we are guaranteed to be in the Semi Finals, they are pussies and will lie down flat when faced with the blazing guns of the Emiraati  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2009
Why can't you be original for once in your sad scummie existence?

If we face Man Utd, we are guaranteed to be in the Semi Finals, they are pussies and will lie down flat when faced with the blazing guns of the Emiraati

talk is cheap. beat Blackburn rovers first b4 u start thinking about playing ur seniors
dont u people fear? the conquerors of europe and the world shocked shocked
u better look for ur size, Villareal and co are there for u. Praying to meet UTD =suicide
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
Thank God we are through . . . .

did we really needed to have gone thru that horrible experience ?

God bless u Vucinic ! wink

The beauty of the experience is that these boys have been bloodied by this experience and like Debosky said they HAVE BECOME MEN ! cheesy

Bendtner as usual was shyte . . . .I cant imagine having Adebayor atgainst any Italian team without him netting or providing valuable assists

what the hell was Walcott thinking playing that kind of spot kick ? shocked even Toure sef . . .tho Toure looked more like a well practised style undecided

Eduardo embarassed say what say what ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ! cool

on the overall I was impressed with the general play of the team especially the way they bossed the midfield, but then WHERE WILL POSESSION EVER TAKE US ?

SHOOT THA F@CKIN' BALL AND LETS SEE IF AINT GONNA SAIL INTO THE EFFING NET !!! angry

Now we are in the 1/8 final . . .I want us to meet the Mancs more than ever before . . .Its high time they are shot down from their high horse ! tongue cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2009
Is beating Rovers now a prerequisite for spanking Utd in the CL?  

Make una dey conquer - we are your husbands in the premiership and we will beat you home and away if we meet you in the CL, no shaking.  tongue

@ Kit

I am warning you oh. Don't mention Bendtner anyhow. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Aston Villa Vs Liverpool (7 - 2) On 4th October 2020 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 3rd December 2016 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 22nd July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.