Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (66677 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Emperoh is an idiot!!!!!
He doesnt know a win in those days meant 2 points not 3. If it were to be nowadays, they would have finished with like 70 points
So much for the scummies. IGNORAMUSES!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Stop being an idiot FFS!!!!
Even if it was the 3-point system, Milan woulda finished with 69 points.
Go back to the past 40 seasons in the Premiership and tell me when anyone has won the league with 69 points.

In that season, at least 10 teams scored more than Milan.
A tight defence is the secret to winning any title!!!!.
They won because they conceded fewer goals

We are not even talking about the points here. . . . .
Ma line of argument was United cannot finish tops with 36 goals from 34 games.
Come on. . . . . . .By any standard, that was a POOR return. I don't care if they didnt conceded in the whole season.

In that same season, Sampdoria scored over 60 goals and conceeded about 40.
That butresses the point that you dont lose if you dont conceed!!!!
Arsenal would score 4 and conceed 4 that is why they cant win anything.

Are u trying to justify 36 league goals a season is a handsome return??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2009
In 1997/98,

Arsenal played 4 more games than Milan did in 1994 and got 78 points!!!!! If it were to be 2 point system Arsenal would have ended with 55 points in 38 games a point per game that is lesser than what Milan won with. That was just 11 years ago!!!!!
More recently than Milans

Arsenal played 38 in 1998 and Milan played 34

Point per game ratio of Arsenal that season 1.44 while Milan in that season you are complaining about had a point per game of 1.47!!!!!!!

In 1996/97 man Utd played 38 games and won with 75 points. In a 2 point per win system Man Utd would have finished with 54 points in 38 games!!!!!!!!                    Do the Maths and get back to me

Like I said Scummies are ignorants and uninformed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue

MAYBE I SHOULD START GIVING EPL FANS LECTURES tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2009
dayokanu:

In 1997/98,
Arsenal played 4 more games than Milan did in 1994 and got 78 points!!!!! If it were to be 2 point system Arsenal would have ended with 55 points in 38 games a point per game that is lesser than what Milan won with. That was just 11 years ago!!!!!
More recently than Milans

U are a lummox. . . . . . .
Comparing 97/98 season to 93/94.
Where did u bag your degree??

Arsenal played 38 in 1998 and Milan played 34

Point per game ratio of Arsenal that season 1.44 while Milan in that season you are complaining about had a point per game of 1.47!!!!!!!

In 1996/97 man Utd played 38 games and won with 75 points. In a 2 point per win system Man Utd would have finished with 54 points in 38 games!!!!!!!! Do the Maths and get back to me

Look at this dolt of a camel. . . . . .In all these seasons u have highlighted, United n Arsenal scored 36 goals??
The point of reference was the goals scored to win the Scudetto not the points racked.
How can anyone say 36 goals scored in 34-game season is good enough??

Like I said Scummies are ignorants and uninformed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue

Scummies might be ignorants but DAYO is an IGNOR[b]ANUS[/b](Ignorant + Asshole). grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2009
heyyyyy
moderator, come quick and take these people to another thread
abeg

but dayo, the arguement is about the goals scored not the points

meanwhile, can we talk about Everton?
they seem indestructible?
we must beat them cos i forsee a scoredraw at Anfield on Sunday
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2009
Go back to the past 40 seasons in the Premiership and tell me when anyone has won the league with 69 points.[/[/b]quote]

Who wrote the item in Bold? You asked for in 40 seasons and I gave you 2 in less than 14 seasons.

You asked for 40 seasons didnt you? Wherever I bagged my degree is of no use to you.
This is pure reasoning, take it anywhere in the world and anyone would diagnose your dementia in 5 seconds

Admit it GUFFANTI, You did it again!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Bring out facts to defend yourself not meaningless rantings like a deprived donkey.

Common sense evades you as usual

[b]gosh!! this is pathetic!!!!! 50 pts to win a league
I will bludgeon DDK's head if he mutes a word of defence here again

@TKB,
Check the item in bold.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2009
tkb417:

meanwhile, can we talk about Everton?
they seem indestructible?
we must beat them cos i forsee a scoredraw at Anfield on Sunday

We would destroy Everton. . . . .We were too unfortunate to cop a draw at Goodison Park.
Wasted chances when we shoulda buried the game in the first half.
It would be a different ball game at OT.
I forsee anutha 3-0 with Evra, Vida, Brown n Rio back in the team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2009
dayokanu:

That butresses the point that you dont lose if you dont conceed!!!!
Don't mean to be pedantic, but the spelling is concede  cheesy

36 goals in a season is shocking, even in the 1930's during the great depression, more goals were scored in England.

As far as butressing the point, MU has had 11 games without conceding on the trot. Meaning they are on course to surpass Milan not only in attack, but in defence as well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

We would destroy Everton. . . . .We were too unfortunate to cop a draw at Goodison Park.
Wasted chances when we shoulda buried the game in the first half.
It would be a different ball game at OT.
I forsee anutha 3-0 with Evra, Vida, Brown n Rio back in the team.

Dont get to cocky bruv
You will prolly cop another draw at OT against a determined and rejuvenated Everton side
! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
Go back to the past 40 seasons in the Premiership and tell me when anyone has won the league with 69 points

Who wrote the item in Bold? You asked for in 40 seasons and I gave you 2 in less than 14 seasons.

You asked for 40 seasons didnt you? Wherever I bagged my degree is of no use to you.
This is pure reasoning, take it anywhere in the world and anyone would diagnose your dementia in 5 seconds

Admit it GUFFANTI, You did it again!!!!!!!!!      

Bring out facts to defend yourself not meaningless rantings like a deprived donkey.

gosh!! this is pathetic!!!!! 50 pts to win a league
I will bludgeon DDK's head if he mutes a word of defence here again

@TKB,
Check the item in bold.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2009
I would be back to crush any ant that show up here with demented reasoning
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2009
debosky:

Don't mean to be pedantic, but the spelling is concede  cheesy

And he won't tell us where he bagged his degree. grin grin grin grin grin

36 goals in a season is shocking, even in the 1930's during the great depression, more goals were scored in England.

That was ma point when Superstan compared United to the Milan of the early 90s.
I said it is not possible for Man Utd to win a league title with 36 goals.
It is shocking and appaling.

As far as butressing the point, MU has had 11 games without conceding on the trot. Meaning they are on course to surpass Milan not only in attack, but in defence as well.

Thank you ma bruvva. cheesy cheesy cheesy

dayokanu:

U are a Arrow. . . . . .U cannot even sniff tongue-in-cheek statements.
To start with, the Premiership is not even 20 years old so your weak brain cells shoulda told u i was just kicking you in the teeth.
Scoring 36 goals to win a league title is weird by any standard.

Your dementia is written on your forehead like a tattoo.
I don't need to be a med student to know you are eternally demented.

Admit it GUFFANTI, You did it again!!!!!!!!!

Coming from Dayokanu who cannot tell the difference between intercontinental cup and FIFA world club championship??
U are a fuckwitted leprechaun. grin     

Jesus Wept. cry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2009
And he won't tell us where he bagged his degree
OAU . . .but i can spell na. na Dayo prob be dat
na Chicago den teach am bad spellings grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2009
dayokanu:

I would be back to crush any ant that show up here with demented reasoning
Again no pedantry intended - the correct usage is 'shows up here' cheesy

Methinks DK should enroll in adult education classes and leave premiership footie to the masters. cheesy grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2009
Again no pedantry intended - the correct usage is 'shows up here'

Methinks DK should enroll in adult education classes and leave premiership footie to the masters
hehehe
na wa for grammar
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2009
debosky:

Again no pedantry intended - the correct usage is 'shows up here'  cheesy

This is grossly unfair!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Are u really saying DK was a truant when his mates were studying the use of English?? grin grin grin grin grin

Methinks DK should enroll in adult education classes and leave premiership footie to the masters.  cheesy grin grin

Adult education?? His legs are too long to fit into any desk n chair.
Nigga is about 8 feet. African Peter Crouch. He is taller than the intelligence wavelength so he won't pick the signals. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2009
Dayokanu has been murdered and about to be cremated! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2009
Why is everyone attacking DK like this? It's high time we left him alone.

@ Debosky

na ur papa born English Language . . . na DK mistakes u dey find cheesy

I'm sure it was a typo grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2009
Debosky

Ur romantic attack on DK is what i term "Mercy Killing".
The guy must be scared of typing now
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2009
chamotex:

Why is everyone attacking DK like this? It's high time we left him alone.

@ Debosky

na ur papa born English Language . . . na DK mistakes u dey find cheesy

I'm sure it was a typo grin grin

Chamo you no read my siggy? grin grin

Na one guy give me that title in the politics section, so I now have a name to live up to. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ ndumart,

Don't get it twisted, bro!!!
DK is installing SPELLCHECK on his browser as we speak.
The poof will be back. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ ndumart,

Don't get it twisted, bro!!!
DK is installing SPELLCHECK on his browser as we speak.
The poof will be back. grin

LOL
Bruv, how far now? I have been unavoidably missing in action. Will join u guys fully soonest

DK, I will suggest you get a copy of Brighter Grammar. It might help
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2009
debosky:

Chamo you no read my siggy? grin grin

Na one guy give me that title in the politics section, so I now have a name to live up to. cheesy

You should be arrested for the Violation of Human Rights . . . I'm sure it was a typo. DK is better than that.

He's probably at the book-store looking for a brand new Dictionary + an Upgrade of a new Spell Check software. grin

The Nairaland one must have let him down.

DK no mind them, they will make their own mistake someday and I'll let you know cheesy

Guys, but on a more serious note, this is not the Literature section abeg. Let everyone express their feelings which ever way they want jor cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2009
chamotex:

Guys, but on a more serious note, this is not the Literature section abeg. Let everyone express their feelings which ever way they want jor cheesy

If only DK will tape it shut, no one would pick on him.
He is the first to come here to ptyalise hokum about Man Utd fans and Premiership fans in general.
Flip back the pages and see the stuffs DK has written about NL members on this thread(never mind other threads).
I don't pity him. Let Debosky grill his greasy ass. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

If only DK will tape it shut, no one would pick on him.
He is the first to come here to ptyalise hokum about Man Utd fans and Premiership fans in general.
Flip back the pages and see the stuffs DK has written about NL members on this thread(never mind other threads).
I don't pity him. Let Debosky grill his greasy ass. grin

I've accepted DK for who he is grin

Y'all should feel a tiny bit of sympathy though, c'mon he's on his own. I heard there are even 2 Pompey fans on this forum now grin

He's really getting outnumbered. Before the end of the season, there's probably going to be more Derby County fans than DK's club. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2009

Man Utd has let in 10 goals already this season. for them to beat Milans record that means that can only allow 4 goals more in the next 4 months. TALL ORDER!!!!!

Debo 4 barren seasons would definitely have affected anyone but I didnt know its on this level.

Once EPL champs and was left to chasing Emirate and Amsterdam tournament, Now since No trophy is in the Horizon, you are left with chasing Spelling mistakes and Grammar. Well there might be a Trophy for that by the end of the season. LOSER!!

U are a Arrow. . . . . .U cannot even sniff tongue-in-cheek statements.
To start with, the Premiership is not even 20 years old so your weak brain cells shoulda told u i was just kicking you in the teeth.
Scoring 36 goals to win a league title is weird by any standard.

This idiot is trying to twist out the hole he got into by his infantile reasoning. Tongue in cheek? why not Tongue in Butt?

Milan had a higher point to game ration than Arsenal and Man Utd in 1996 and 1997. FACT.

You win tounaments with a tight defence not a leaking one.
Man Utd scored not more than a goal per game to win the CL last year.

Winning a title with 36 goals scored in the Hallmark of an efficient team That means they probably had at least 20 clean sheets or more in the whole season
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Once EPL champs and was left to chasing Emirate and Amsterdam tournament, Now since No trophy is in the Horizon, you are left with chasing Spelling mistakes and Grammar. Well there might be a Trophy for that by the end of the season. LOSER!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oya e don do now
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2009
ahn ahnn
lets discuss Everton abeg
wetin sef?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2009
Debo I understand your pains.

Endless Trophyless seasons and no hope yet.

Manager A failure, Fans Hopeless, Signings not forthcoming, coupled with the global recessions

I forsee assanal fans commiting suicide en masse at the end of the season

The streets of North London were brought to a standstill on Thursday, as thousands of mourners attended the funeral of legendary football hooligan, Dainton “The Bear” Connell.
Considered a folk hero by many Arsenal fans, Mr Campbell, 46, was killed in a car crash in Moscow two weeks ago

One of the many casualties

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article2696597.ece grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2009
dayokanu:

This idiot is trying to twist out the hole he got into by his infantile reasoning. Tongue in cheek? why not Tongue in Butt?

Seeing that you are grammatically challenged. . . . .I know you don't understand what that means.

Milan had a higher point to game ration than Arsenal and Man Utd in 1996 and 1997. FACT.

Different times, loser.
1996 or 1997 is different from 1994. Use your head for once. Premiership clubs were playing 38 games a season compared to 34 games in Italy.
Point to game can never be used as a yardstick.
Has any league champion in England scored less than 36 league goals?? That is the question u should answer.

You win tounaments with a tight defence not a leaking one.
Man Utd scored not more than a goal per game to win the CL last year.

The league is not a tournament. . . . . .Stop comparing 2 different types of competition.
U can win the league with or without leaking goals. Chelsea conceded fewer goals than Man Utd in 2006/7 and finished 2nd.
Arsenal conceded 17 goals in 2002/3 and United conceded 37 goals but United still won the title.
Only a kid suffering from autism like you would think conceding fewers goals  NECESSARILY guarantees championship.

Winning a title with 36 goals scored in the Hallmark of an efficient team That means they probably had at least 20 clean sheets or more in the whole season

It only shows weakness of the Italian league where Milan were able to dominate due to Berlusconi's bankrolling of the team.
How can a team win the championship with 36 goals in a strong league??
I am sure there was gross bribery/corruption in em days.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Debo I understand your pains.

Endless Trophyless seasons and no hope yet.

Manager A failure, F[/b]ans Hopeless, Signings not forthcoming, coupled with the global recessions ([b]and others i cant hurt my fingers in highlighting)

I forsee assanal fans commiting suicide en masse at the end of the season

One of the many casualties

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article2696597.ece grin grin grin

Dayo,while you are at installing the latest version of spell-checker on your pentium 1 system,maybe you might want to check where and how to use and insert capital letters in your sentences.

And as per Arsenal fans' en masse harakiri,1600 pennsylvania has a better chance of been called the BLACK HOUSE officially grin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2009
Another gayyner on the loose,

Digging for capital letters? These people are hopeless!!!!

Several trophyless seasons has finally taken its toll on Gayyners

1600 [b]p[/b]ennsylvania has a better chance of been called the BLACK HOUSE officially

I thought we were discussing footie here and not Grammar meanwhile,

Mr lecturer You didnt know Pennsylvania is a proper noun and should be started with a capital letter?

Sharon what more can I say, You are clueless.

Your grey matter is already seeping out of your nose as mucus when you have refused to make use of it.

Try think at least once a day and you would make better posts
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ DK

No beef mate, you know say we be paddys. grin grin

There was no venom or bile in my posts, just cool down and enjoy the fun! cheesy

Back to business. . . . is Bayern buying Tymoschuk? Maybe y'all can chip in an extra $3m so they'll sell us Arshavin. wink

Gooners won't kill themselves - we were 5th for the bulk of 2006/07 and no one died, so what gives now? Our tenacity and staying power cannot be understood by many here. I'm sure if Chelski go two more seasons without trophies, only Akola, Ibime and Somze will be left. Gooners however keep going strong. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.