Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (67108 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2009
bawomolo:

see dayokanu running from EPL thread to thread like a brothel errand boy grin

The poof is lonely. . . . .He is the only Nigerian supporting Bayern Munich.
His team lost yesterday so he's looking for LOSERS like his pathetic club.

dayokanu:

Another penalty? These scummies cant just win fairly

But they won fairly to defeat Bayern Munich @ Nou Camp. . . .
Did Sheringham n Solskjaer score by penalty kicks?? grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2009
We need to finish this game off. I hope y'all remember what happened at Goodison Park?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:27pm On Jan 31, 2009
bawomolo:

see dayokanu running from EPL thread to thread like a brothel errand boy  grin

LOL grin grin It's love.He can't go a day without the EPL.

@DK
Pray tell,what on God's green earth was unfair about the penalty? tongue We don't make the rules,do we?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2009
chamotex:

We need to finish this game off. I hope y'all remember what happened at Goodison Park?

United would come out smoking in the 2nd half.
O'Shea n Neville have been average in this game.
Fabio can play on the right. . . . .Let him come in n replace either full backs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Jan 31, 2009
Do scummies have training sessions for diving?

I feel a diving pad was installed at scummies training ground.

Cris, That was a fair tackle.

Let sharon keep ranting Losing home and away to Bayern must be really painful
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2009
How many more times at OT would we see such penalties? . . . . Benitez's rants comes to mind!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2009
nateevs:

How many more times at OT have would we see such penalties? . . . . Benitez's rants comes to mind!!!

Benitez can die in his own pool of Spanish saliva.
His rants have kept him WINLESS and if Felipe Scolari sticks to plan tomorrow. . . . .That should extend till February.

dayokanu:

Your breath stinks. . . . .Go get yourself some altoids.
Just because ur team lost scandalously last night should not turn you into a pederast.
Watch the ART OF DEFENDING by the best team in the world n learn.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
@DK/ Nateevs
It wasn't a tackle, it was a trip. Carrick and the ball had already gotten past Arteta, then Arteta's leg went after Carrick's and that caused him to stumble and fall. A trip is a trip.  .  .and a trip in the 18 is a pen. I think it was fair.
Whether Arteta meant for it to happen or not is not an issue.

Some refs allow such trips to slide,some refs point to the spot. This ref decided to point. . .is Fergie now Magneto? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2009
I mean common . . . who gets a penalty for that. . . . . he wasn't even facing the player. . . . 100 times against Utd at OT, that won't be given to any team in the PL. . disgusting.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2009
dayokanu:

Do scummies have training sessions for diving?

I feel a diving pad was installed at scummies training ground.

Cris, That was a fair tackle.

You need to go to Specsavers! grin grin

Arteta didn't even complain.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2009
Nateevs, I tire oh

I have lost count of fraudulent penalties at OT.

No wonder English refs are the worst in Europe
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2009
nateevs:

I mean common . . . who gets a penalty for that. . . . . he wasn't even facing the player. . . . 100 times against Utd at OT, that won't be given to any team in the PL. . disgusting.

Shut up you cunt!!!!
Was that the reason why u lost to Arsenal n Liverpool at OT??
What about the phantom penalty Rob Styles gave y'all to equalise against Liverfool last season??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2009
@camotex,

Why should he complain?  Na today dem don dey give Man Utd fraudulent penalties?

All EPL teams know Man Utd is the PDP so they have to live with it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2009
Jeez, these guys sef na wa for una oh.

Arteta didn't complain 'cos he knew he was at fault. His leg went straight for Carrick's, and the ball was nowhere near him so there's no way anyone can say he was going for the ball.
Guess the bias in your eyes blinded y'all. You don't even have any basis for calling it unfair,except that it was awarded to United. Sad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2009
@Chac. . .

~Sauron~:

Shut up you cunt!!!!
Was that the reason why u lost to Arsenal n Liverpool at OT??
What about the phantom penalty Rob Styles gave y'all to equalise against Liverfool last season??

That's the point. . . You need to dig through history to find when it happens to other teams. . . . I can tell you it's only a matter of weeks another occurs at OT. . .

That's my point. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2009
Is Carrick the new Scuba/deep sea diver in Man Utd
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2009
nateevs:

@Chac. . .
That's the point. . . You need to dig through history to find when it happens to other teams. . . . I can tell you it's only a matter of weeks another occurs at OT. . .

That's my point. . .

When Howard Webb ruled out 2 lovely goals Ronaldo scored against Cech. . . .did u complain??
Was that HISTORY??

------------------------------------------------------------------
Carrick shoulda gotten anutha Penalty there.
Lescott tripped him and stupid Ref didn't give anything.
Buncha wimps.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2009
When shyte happens to United it's A-okay. When something good that happens to every other club on the planet happens to United it's a taboo. Biased people plain irritate me.
DK and nateevs you two have no point today on that pen.

Carrick should watch it before they get him injured.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2009
Cristalz:

Guess the bias in your eyes blinded y'all. You don't even have any basis for calling it unfair,except that it was awarded to United. Sad.

Most times we all shout for a penalty when the ball hits opponents' arms in the box. . .  9 times out of ten we know they are not given. . . there are sometimes you just wonder why a Ref gives a penalty for the ball hitting an arm in the box. . .

This is the case of what happened moments ago. . . no particular basis for calling it unfair . . . at the same time, it'l really ridiculous to call it fair . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2009
Man U / FA conspiracy is glaring to all
A calculated attempt to give united the cup at all  cost  angry

Which nateevs is this? The Chelsea's man?  grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2009
Why are EPL referees like this? Just awards penalties and fouls anyhow.
you still wonder why England has the worst refs in Europe?

Those wankers cant just do anything right
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2009
nateevs:

Most times we all shout for a penalty when the ball hits opponents' arms in the box. . .  9 times out of ten we know they are not given. . . there are sometimes you just wonder why a Ref gives a penalty for the ball hitting an arm in the box. . .

This is the case of what happened moments ago. . . no particular basis for calling it unfair . . . at the same time, it'l really ridiculous to call it fair . . .

U are not making any point, Nateevs. . . . .
Your appaling form in the league has beclouded your "used to be" fine senses.
Go home. . . . .get an ice pack and lie down.

Anyways. . . . .12 minutes more for VDS to break the football league record.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2009
No Nateevs, it's not ridiculous to call it fair.

It's one of those calls that are entirely up to the ref's judgment. In cases like this, 50% of people think it's a pen,50% think it's not. So it's up to the ref to decide. Some refs agree it's a pen, some don't. How is that the fault of anybody??

That's why I asked, is Fergie now Magneto? I happen to be one of the 50% that think it's a pen 'cos Arteta shouldn't have let his leg follow Carrick AFTER Carrick AND the ball had gone past him. The ref happened to think the same way.  .  .why blame United? You are the one being unfair here.

Arteta should have known that was a risky thing to try 'cos it's the 18 yard box for crying out loud. You don't try silly stunts in there 'cos you never know how the ref will interpret. Did he start playing soccer today? Blame Arteta, not United, not the ref.

And,this is different from a case of ball-to-hand. Here,Arteta's leg went after Carrick's of it's own volition,a move ordered by Arteta's brain. As Arteta is neither mentally handicapped nor a beginner, it was a foul.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2009
Cris,

Football is a contact game and not ping pong or billiards.

Its left to refs to make reasonable decisions regarding every situation.

If for every contact we get a penalty or a foul then what would the game turn into

Have you wondered why Man Utd dont get as much penalties in European games
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2009
CARRICKKKKKK

The new diving champion
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2009
The premiership standard has falling.

Imagine United putting up a mediocre performance through out the season and yet still topping the table. I weep
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2009
BlueDiva:

The premiership standard has falling.

Imagine United putting up a mediocre performance through out the season and yet still topping the table. I weep

It's their DEFENCE. . . . . .Once they keep a CLEAN sheet. . . .The job is 80% done.
Knowing out firepower will always get at least one chance in a game. . . .U can always rely on them to pop a goal or two.
If y'all had been keeping your legs closed like a Rev. Sister. . . .U wouldn't have fallen so way behind but as we all know Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are $5 whores, the outcome is inevitable.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2009
@DK

Nobody said anything about fouls being awarded for every contact. Same way you know that without rules everybody would go haywire. We all know you've got to behave your entire self in the 18-yard box. Arteta committed a foul on Carrick.  .  .watch the replay and you'll see.
The ref decided to award a penalty for the foul.  .  .same way another ref would have over-looked it. But what was this ref supposed to do anyway, tell the Toffees to make a wall and United to take a free-kick in the 18-yard box
The law says a foul in the 18-yard box is a penalty. A foul was committed and this ref decided to play strictly by the book.

My issue is,if you have a problem with that,the fault is ENTIRELY that of the ref cos he made the decision. Not Ferguson. Not United. And, how can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that this ref made that call because Fergie told him to favor United else he'll murder his family? You simply cannot.
Hence,you have no valid point in blaming Ferguson/United.

Blame the ref. Write a petition if you wish even, but Fergie/United are innocent here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's their DEFENCE. . . . . .Once they keep a CLEAN sheet. . . .The job is 80% done.
Knowing out firepower will always get at least one chance in a game. . . .U can always rely on them to pop a goal or two.
If y'all had been keeping your legs closed like a Rev. Sister. . . .U wouldn't have fallen so way behind but as we all know Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are $5 whores, the outcome is inevitable.

True talk.
Only u forgot to add that the FA is conspirng to give u the crown
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2009
Now tell me Ferdinand did not pull Lescott there. . . That is a penalty. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2009
Did Ferdinand wrestle down Lesscott there?

That is the conspiracy and the PDP going on. Lesscot was wearing the wrong Jersey and playing for the wrong team
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2009
That should be a booking for Wes Brown . . . . and I have seen players sent off for that same tackle. . . . feet high, studs showing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017 / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.