Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,116 members, 7,939,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (68360 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

@eastbay,
Rio, Rooney and Berbatov cost 30m each
Hargo, Carrick, Nani 18m.

Rio's transfer(2002) Berbatov's transfer(2008) is about 6 YEARS.
How can u put that together when loads of departures were made??
Do u reason with your ankles??

Carrick? just another Jermaine Jenas. Did you see how he was taught basic footie lesson by those Spanish midfielders?

The same Carrick that outperformed Ballack in Moscow??
Same Carrick that made Cambiasso, Zanetti and Muntari look like fools at San Siro??
Italian media admitted no team has ever outplayed an Italian side @ San Siro the way United did.
Kudos to Michael Carrick.

Big lie!!!! Last season eventual winners Man Utd lost more games than any of the top 4!!!!!!

But they won more games than any of the top 4 as well.
The number of games you win is the most important thing not the number of the games you lose.

Nigel De jong, SWP, Robinho, Kompany, Shay Given, Ben Haim, Zabaleta, Wayne Bridge, 8 in a season and those I cant even remember those set of last season Elano, Jo, Bojinov, Mwaruwari, Caicedo, Petrov, Garrido, Bianchi and co.

Dayo is a cunt.
Were Elano, Jo, Bojinov, Petrov and Garrido bought under the Abu Dhabi owners??
Last summer, the takeover happened some few hours before the transfer window closed.
In January, they couldn't get what they wanted as most players were tied.
Judge Man City this summer.

And they are yet to spread their tentacles in the transfer market yet. 16 players plus in 2 years shocked shocked shocked shocked

Take Brash's advice. . . . .Go and sleep and knock yourself out with a bottle of Paraga.
U know zilch about football.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 12:00am On Mar 09, 2009
dayokanu:

But when Mou bought Ben Haim, Sidwell, Jarosik, Boulharouz, del Horno,  SWP you counted those as big players?

SWP BEFORE he came to Chelski was breaking into the England first team and was in excellent form for City - that could be regarded as flexing muscles.

Buying a flopped SWP from Chelski is hardly the same thing.

Don't be a ninny - The marquee players were Ashley Cole, Drogba, Essien, Carvalho, Shevchenko, Malouda and the like not the ones listed above.

When you get 2-3 players that are top class and in demand by other clubs, you can be regarded as flexing muscles - Bayern did when they went for Toni, Ribery and co all in one season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 12:10am On Mar 09, 2009
His unbeaten run in 2003/4 is still the standard most clubs live by. To win the league, you need to avoid defeat as much as possible.

The number of games you win is the most important thing not the number of the games you lose.

Can you compare those 2 statements made by the same person within 4 hours? Go and sleep You have been hanging around Brash too much. BTW watch your liver.

Are you saying a club that bought 8 players has not done enough transfer for a season? with the record signing.

Don't be a ninny - out of that 'long' list of players, how many of them would get signed by a top 4 club

A top 4 club signed Bendtner, Silvestre, Diaby, Djemba, Fortune, David Bellion, Josemi, Nunez, Pennant and Benayoun Can you tell me which of these is better than Those Man City players?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Can you compare those 2 statements made by the same person within 4 hours? Go and sleep You have been hanging around Brash too much. BTW watch your liver.

Winning is also avoiding defeat!!!!(Anything you can do to win either 1 point or 3 points).
United have won more games this season thus limiting the number of games they can lose.

Are you saying a club that bought 8 players has not done enough transfer for a season? with the record signing.

Compared to what the Premiership requires now. . . . .They have done nada.
Go and check the number of astute signings Jose made in his first season.
Besides that, Chelsea were already a top 4 club before Jose came in. They had UCL quality in em.
They made the semifinals of UCL under Ranieri unlike City who still have to break into the top 4 so it's a bigger task for them.

A top 4 club signed Bendtner, Silvestre, Diaby, Djemba, Fortune, David Bellion, Josemi, Nunez, Pennant and Benayoun Can you tell me which of these is better than Those Man City players?

Conveniently forgetting all the names you mentioned here are not starters in the top 4 clubs.
U didn,t mention Rooney, Eduardo, Arshavin, Drogba, Shevchenko, Torres, Mascherano, Carrick.
How many of these players are regular starters.

@ Debosky,

Don't mind Dayo and his stupidity. . . . .

Under Shinawatra. . . . . . .City's most expensive signing were Jo(£18 million), Bianchi(£8.8 million), Elano(£8 million).
Is that what one can call flexing one's muscles??

Compare that to Jose shelling £21 million on SWP, £24 million on Drogba n Essien, £30 million on Shevchenko.
£16 million on Mikel, £20 million on Carvalho, and £14 million on Ferreira within 12 calendar months.
Someone needs to tell Dayokanu to go for detoxification.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Phony200(m): 12:43am On Mar 09, 2009
Sisi Dayo, The size of one's transfer kitty does not determine league position. You can buy a £330m starting 11 and still win jack. About man city, January was just a warning bell. Judge them next season when they have had a normal transfer period to wheel and deal with everyone else. God help you Bayern follow them drag player then you'll sing lyrics.
The best way to win is to avoid defeat, i think even goalposts know that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 1:33am On Mar 09, 2009
Quote from Criztalz

Also you didn't explain how come Chelsea dipped in form before Jose got fired. How come the amazing Mourinho lost the plot? So much that he got fired. I marvel at such perfection Cheesy That has already dented his bragging rights so he should quit yapping so much.

Which dip in form are you reffering to?

Drawn game with Rosenbourg and blackbourne

Loss to Villa.

And you think these 3 matches got JM the sack. Nonsense!

Anyone that think JM was sacked because of these 3 results need to visit Aro.

I repeat Mourinho was sacked for Non-football matter and we all know that.

Do you know that as bad as the "dip-in-form" was JM's chelsea and United were both on 11 points in the league on the day he was sacked?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 1:57am On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Compare that to Jose shelling £21 million on SWP, £24 million on Drogba n Essien, £30 million on Shevchenko.
£16 million on Mikel, £20 million on Carvalho, and £14 million on Ferreira within 12 calendar months.

Any facts given on a public forum must be 100% correct.

Do these eople joing JM within the specified time? NO

Ricardo and Fereira came with JM, Essien and SWP joined in the second season. Sheva and Mikel came in the 3rd season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 1:59am On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Do these people joing JM within the specified time? NO

Ricardo and Fereira came with JM, Essien and SWP joined in the second season. Sheva and Mikel came in the 3rd season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:26am On Mar 09, 2009
Akolawole:

Do these people joing JM within the specified time? NO

Okay. . . . . .Lemme break it down for u.

In 2004/5:

Signings:
Ferreira(£13 million), Carvalho(£20 million), Drogba(£24 million), Jarosik(£3 milion), Kezman(£5 million) Tiago(£10 million)======£75 million.

Departure:
Parker(£6.5 million), Forsell(£3 million), Babayaro(1 million), Gronkjaer(£2.2million)=================================£12.7 million.

NETT SPEND: £63 million.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 2005/6

Signings:
Obi Mikel(£16 million), Shevchenko(£30 million), Essien(£24.4 million), Wright-Phillips(£21 million), Kalou(£8 million) Ben Sahar(£3.2 million),
Diarra(£1 million), Sinclair(£0.3 million), Del Horno(£8 million)=======================£111 million.

Departure:
Gudjohnsen(£8 million), Smertin(£1 million), Tiago(£6.5 million) Kezman(£5.3 million)=======£21 million.

NETT SPEND: £90 million.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004/5 + 2005/6(TOTAL NETT SPEND) = £(90 million + 63 million) = £153 million.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 3:04am On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Okay. . . . . .Lemme break it down for u.

In 2004/5:

Signings:
Ferreira(£13 million), Carvalho(£20 million), Drogba(£24 million), Jarosik(£3 milion), Kezman(£5 million) Tiago(£10 million)======£75 million.

Departure:
Parker(£6.5 million), Forsell(£3 million), Babayaro(1 million), Gronkjaer(£2.2million)=================================£12.7 million.

NETT SPEND: £63 million.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 2005/6

Signings:
Obi Mikel(£16 million), Shevchenko(£30 million), Essien(£24.4 million), Wright-Phillips(£21 million), Kalou(£8 million) Ben Sahar(£3.2 million),
Diarra(£1 million), Sinclair(£0.3 million), Del Horno(£8 million)=======================£111 million.

Departure:
Gudjohnsen(£8 million), Smertin(£1 million), Tiago(£6.5 million) Kezman(£5.3 million)=======£21 million.

NETT SPEND: £90 million.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004/5 + 2005/6(TOTAL NETT SPEND) = £(90 million + 63 million) = £153 million.

You cant break anything for me on chelsea.

I wonder why people believe your facts on Nairaland.

[size=14pt]I repeat again, Sheva and Mikel were not part of Jose Mourinho's first and second season.[/size]

Stop confusing yourself. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 4:08am On Mar 09, 2009
Akola,

You dey mind sharon? Confusion is his middle name.

This season How much Citeh don spend? Robinho 32m, De Jong= 19m , Kompany 6m, Wayne bridge=10m, SWP = 9m,
Shay Given 6m, Zabaleta= 7m, Ben Haim 6m. That is almost 100m this season alone.

More than Mourinho ever spent in any single season
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:15am On Mar 09, 2009
Akolawole:

You cant break anything for me on chelsea.

I wonder why people believe your facts on Nairaland.

[size=14pt]I repeat again, Sheva and Mikel were not part of Jose Mourinho's first and second season.[/size]

Stop confusing yourself. grin

Akola, just because i don't support Chelsea as a team does not mean you know more about them than i do.

I stay in the capital. It is not possible for you to know more than i do about Chelsea.
Shevchenko was bought before 2006/7 season. . . That automatically places him in 2005/6(in the financial books) same as Mikel(July 2006)!!!
2006/7 season started in August 19 2006. Shevchenko played in the community shield before the season kicked off so what are you talking about??
Go and dust your financial acumen before you come here to argue. I am showing u facts n figures from the FA transfer log.
Andriy Shevchenko was bought in 2005/6 season. . . . .FACT!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 09, 2009
Wonder when this thread became a forum for discussing Chelsea and their rubbish transfer policy.
Akolawaole,That statement is a fact,when you think of all the flops that have come to the Bridge.
You know that Sauron's facts are correct.

Dayo,
Still haven't answered my question on Mourinho.
How come he wasn't able to catch United in 06/07?With all the millions spent the previous summer.
ICPC should investigate the guy for waste of funds. grin

dayokanu:

But when Mou bought Ben Haim, Sidwell, Jarosik, Boulharouz, del Horno, SWP you counted those as big players?
At the time,Mourinho was dubbed the "Special" One.He was supposed to be knowing what he was doing.These players were supposed to be at least decent enough to get into any squad.
Pizzaro came with a reputation didn't he?What about Maniche and Tiago,his Portugese brothers?

All this stems from Dayo's tendency to argue unnecessarily.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Ibime(m): 9:15am On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Akola, just because i don't support Chelsea as a team does not mean you know more about them than i do.

I stay in the capital. It is not possible for you to know more than i do about Chelsea.
Shevchenko was bought before 2006/7 season. . . That automatically places him in 2005/6(in the financial books) same as Mikel(July 2006)!!!
2006/7 season started in August 19 2006. Shevchenko played in the community shield before the season kicked off so what are you talking about??
Go and dust your financial acumen before you come here to argue. I am showing u facts n figures from the FA transfer log.
Andriy Shevchenko was bought in 2005/6 season. . . . .FACT!!!!

Guffanti! Abeg stop trying to dribble us. The season officially starts in mid-June. Sheva arrived on July 1st.

Everybody knows JM was sacked cos of personality clash/style of play, not because of performance on the pitch.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 9:46am On Mar 09, 2009
@Ibi

I dont even think he knows when the season starts and end grin

Its funny.

He always forget that quite a lot of people learn from us here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2009
Eastbay:

Wonder when this thread became a forum for discussing Chelsea and their rubbish transfer policy.
Akolawaole,That statement is a fact,when you think of all the flops that have come to the Bridge.
You know that Sauron's facts are correct.

Dayo,
Still haven't answered my question on Mourinho.
How come he wasn't able to catch United in 06/07?With all the millions spent the previous summer.
ICPC should investigate the guy for waste of funds. grin
At the time,Mourinho was dubbed the "Special" One.He was supposed to be knowing what he was doing.These players were supposed to be at least decent enough to get into any squad.
Pizzaro came with a reputation didn't he?What about Maniche and Tiago,his Portugese brothers?

1) Which statements are correct?

2) Which Pizza? I hope you knew he came on free transfer.

Whoever say Maniche is a flop need to visit Aro? Do you know he came to chelsea for just 6 months loan. He is the closest ever player to JM. He was unhappy in eastern europe thats why JM brought him to the bridge to prepare him for the big tournament for portugal.

Is Tiago a flop? Do you know why he has to leave chelsea cry

FYI, the biggest flop in english football is Sebastin Veron and he was bought by SAF for £25m
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2009
Ibime:

Guffanti! Abeg stop trying to dribble us. The season officially starts in mid-June. Sheva arrived on July 1st.

I am disappointed in you. U have been around garbage for so long u have turned into a landfill yourself.
"The 2006-07 Premier League was the fifteenth season of the Premier League since its establishment in 1992. The season started on 19 August 2006. . . . . .

U have just been made to look STUPID. I expect someone like you to know when season kicks off but unfortunately Chelskites have no nous.
Go and ask any soccer pundit when a season starts. Games played in first week of August are PRE-SEASON games.
Pre means BEFORE. Why are CHELSEA fans bunch of idiots worldwide??

Akolawole:

Is Tiago a flop? Do you know why he has to leave chelsea cry

He was a super-flop at Chelsea.
Any player bought and sold within one calendar year is a flop and Mourinho had a truck of players like that.
Kezman, Tiago, Mutu, Jarosik, Parker, Del Horno, Boulahrouz etc were all priceless flops.

FYI, the biggest flop in english football is Sebastin Veron and he was bought by SAF for £25m

Shevchenko is the biggest flop in the history of English football.
£30 million striker that scored only 9 league goals in 2 seasons. grin grin grin
Veron was bought for £25 million but scored 7 league goals as a midfielder so he is the bigger flop??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Ibime(m): 11:50am On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

I am disappointed in you. U have been around garbage for so long u have turned into a landfill yourself.
"The 2006-07 Premier League was the fifteenth season of the Premier League since its establishment in 1992. The season started on 19 August 2006. . . . . .

U have just been made to look STUPID. I expect someone like you to know when season kicks off but unfortunately Chelskites have no nous.
Go and ask any soccer pundit when a season starts. Games played in first week of August are PRE-SEASON games.
Pre means BEFORE. Why are CHELSEA fans bunch of idiots worldwide??

Hehehehehehe. . . . I know you have played Championship Manager before. . . . when does the season start? Answer honestly! cool

Champions League qualifiers that take place in July nko? And Intertoto that takes place in June nko?

Anuofia! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2009
Akola

For a gaffer of Mourinho's acclaimed excellence, superbly great skill and wonderful special-ness, that was a dip. And try remember.  .  .the way his team was playing then and some of his decisions left much to be desired by those that cared.
  I doubt that Roman absolutely did not have the team in mind when he showed Jose the door. If you don't call draws and losses a dip, I wonder what they should be called then. Team performance also comes into play here, mind you.
And going by Roman's ridiculously high standards too, that was a dip grin

I knew the argument was going to sway in some other direction when DK got fired up grin grin Now it's about spendings and transfers and Lord knows what else will come up next.  .  .about Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2009
when Mou was sacked, How many games had he lost that season?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Criz

I love Nairaland.

You know what! Not most Nlanders even knew we were on 11 points with United when he was sack.

We lost to Villa and thats the end of the world grin

I remember one of your friend was even making noise that Boro beat chelsea by 3 goals in JM's 2nd season but keep mute to tell everyone that the same Boro beat united by 4 goals to 1 on the same ground and in that season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Shevchenko is the biggest flop in the history of English football.
£30 million striker that scored only 9 league goals in 2 seasons. grin grin grin
Veron was bought for £25 million but scored 7 league goals as a midfielder so he is the bigger flop??

Veron was bought in 2001 for a whooping £28.1m at the age of 26. He is arguably the best attcking midfieder at that time.
He scored 7 goals in 51 league apperances

And

Sheva was bought for £30m for 2006/7 season at almost 30 years old [ a year of diminishing return cry]
He scored 9 league goals in 47 matches.
9 goals in 14 FA cup matches and 4 goals in 14 UEFA matches.

How much will £28.1m be in 2006 in economic terms ?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2009
Any player bought after the end of the league/cups is counted as purchased for the following season. On that basis, Sheva and Mikel are both 2006/2007 players. Furthermore, any player bought before the end of the league/cups (e.g Voronin) will still not count till he is eligible to play for his club - i.e the following season. This isn't about financial books - it is about when a player can put on the jersey and compete.

Dayokanu you need to give it a rest.

De Jong was available for ~£5m at the end of this season if City wanted, but they decided to buy immediately. Overpaying for an average player is not regarded as 'flexing muscles' in the transfer market.

Buying world class talent is what counts as flexing muscles. Buying players like Tevez, Torres, Mascherano, Arshavin, Berbatov, Shevchenko.

As far as I'm concerned, the only flexing has been Robinho and maybe Kompany. Simply splashing cash is not flexing muscles. Darren Bent was bought for more than Henry at ~£16m did anyone regard that as flexing??  

Buying players like Pato, Kun Aguero, Dani Alves and the likes can be regarded as flexing, not paying excessively for an otherwise average player.  tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2009
Ibime:

Hehehehehehe. . . . I know you have played Championship Manager before. . . . when does the season start? Answer honestly!  cool
Champions League qualifiers that take place in July nko? And Intertoto that takes place in June nko?
Anuofia!  grin grin

Wetin concern English Premiership with Champions League qualifiers??
Big teams don't even play their first Champions League games until September unless you are Arsenal.
United's PRE-season games are played in August. "Pre-season". . . . .  .There's a reason why they call it "pre-season".

debosky:

Any player bought after the end of the league/cups is counted as purchased for the following season. On that basis, Sheva and Mikel are both 2006/2007 players. Furthermore, any player bought before the end of the league/cups (e.g Voronin) will still not count till he is eligible to play for his club - i.e the following season. This isn't about financial books - it is about when a player can put on the jersey and compete.

What is this GAYnner talking about??
Arjen Robben was bought by Ranieri in 2003/4 season. He did not play for Chelsea until 2004/5 season.
So when was he purchased by Chelsea?? The day he wore the blue shirt?? Are you a pillock in disguise??

Akolawole:

Veron was bought in 2001 for a whooping £28.1m at the age of 26. He is arguably the best attcking midfieder at that time.
He scored 7 goals in 51 league apperances

And

Sheva was bought for £30m for 2006/7 season at almost 30 years old [ a year of diminishing return cry]
He scored 9 league goals in 47 matches.
9 goals in 14 FA cup matches and 4 goals in 14 UEFA matches.

How much will £28.1m be in 2006 in economic terms ?

£28.1m in 2001 is £28.1m in 2006!!!! No remarkable inflation was recorded between 2001 and 2006.
Veron scored 7 league goals as a midfielder in Man Utd, Shevchenko scored 9 league goals as a striker(How pathetic)??
If Veron was a flop, Chelsea wouldn't have bought him for £15 million after 2 seasons at Man Utd.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

He was a super-flop at Chelsea.
Any player bought and sold within one calendar year is a flop and Mourinho had a truck of players like that.
Kezman, Tiago, Mutu, Jarosik, Parker, Del Horno, Boulahrouz etc were all priceless flops.

I doubt if you knew what you are typing sometimes. I pity those that do follow-follow with your statistics grin

##Scott Parker was bought by Ranieri and was a very good player. It was in chelsea that he make his debut for England national team. In fact, he was named best young player in England that year while at Chelsea.

Tiago

FYI, Jm hardly sell his own signing within one year. Tiago was a super player. I remember his wonder goal against your united at old trattford grin. JM want Essien at all cost. Michael has to go on hunger strike to be able to join the blue revolution. At the end of the day, Lyon has to accept the loss of Essien and we bought him. Because this wahala dragged for months, lyon chairman pleaded with JM to let him have one of our midfielders because the windows is almost shut and they dont know michael will come to london eventually. Thats why JM has to part with Tiago. He's like a bait to bring ESSIENtial ingridients to the bridge.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Sharoun

Arjen Robben's own is different man.

You are wrong and you got to admit it.

Twist master grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Ibime(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

United's PRE-season games are played in August. "Pre-season". . . . . .There's a reason why they call it "pre-season".

Mumu, if pre-season belonged to the previous season's calendar, they would call it 'post-season'. What you thought was an adroit play on words only serves to prove that Sheva was signed in 06/07 and not 05/06. You are well known for fastidiously holding on to arguments on technicalities even after making goofs big enough to cast shadows on sundials at high noon. Guffanti!  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2009
Akolawole:

I doubt if you knew what you are typing sometimes. I pity those that do follow-follow with your statistics grin
##Scott Parker was bought by Ranieri and was a very good player. It was in chelsea that he make his debut for England national team. In fact, he was named best young player in England that year while at Chelsea.

Any idiot can make his debut for England national team. That is hugely dependent on the players available for internationals.
If Rooney gets injured, England manager can call on Carlton Cole or Dean Windass to cover for him.
It has no bearing on his effectiveness as a player so stop feeding us chaff.
U do not sell a good player AFTER one season.

Tiago

FYI, Jm hardly sell his own signing within one year. Tiago was a super player. I remember his wonder goal against your united at old trattford grin. JM want Essien at all cost. Michael has to go on hunger strike to be able to join the blue revolution. At the end of the day, Lyon has to accept the loss of Essien and we bought him. Because this wahala dragged for months, lyon chairman pleaded with JM to let him have one of our midfielders because the windows is almost shut and they dont know michael will come to london eventually. Thats why JM has to part with Tiago. He's like a bait to bring ESSIENtial ingridients to the bridge.

I don't care if Essien went on sex strike. . . . . .
If Tiago was good, Mourinho would never agree to do any senseless part exchange.
Why didn't he exchange him with Lampard, Makelele, Joe Cole, Gudjohnsen etc?? Why was Tiago the sacrificial ram??
Fraizer Campbell had the same shiznit with Tottenham when Berbatov was signed. If he was a starter at Man Utd, Ferguson wouldn't have loaned him out. In other words, Tiago is a classic flop.

Akolawole:

@Sharoun

Arjen Robben's own is different man.

You are wrong and you got to admit it.

How was Robben's own different?? Debosky said a player is purchased(in the books) until the day he is available to play for his new club.
Thatz a classic hogwash.
Bayern Munich purchased a player some weeks ago(can't remember his microorganism name now) but he won't join em until next season.
The transfer has been done already. If he doesn't play for the next 12 months due to injury. . . . .does that mean he was bought in 2009/10??

Ibime:

Mumu, if pre-season belonged to the previous season's calendar, they would call it 'post-season'. What you thought was an adroit play on words only serves to prove that Sheva was signed in 06/07 and not 05/06. You are well known for fastidiously holding on to arguments on technicalities even after making goofs big enough to cast shadows on sundials at high noon. Guffanti!  grin

The emboldened is the most moronic statement i have read this new year. What is 'post-season'??
Shevchenko was bought before the season kicked off. . . . . .He wasn't bought between August 19 and when the window closes.
There's no way his name would be amongst the players bought in 2006/7 season.
So it has to go with 2005/6 season. A season kicks off in mid-august not in July.
Go and pick up your PS3 version of Football Manager and get EDUCATED.
Olodo Rabata(omo-ijaw). grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Ibime

I knew him more than you.

Even if 100 people correct him, he will try to turn their head to his thinking. Nonesense!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Ibime(m): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2009
Guffanti, don't tell me you have never heard of post season. Olodo! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2009
Akolawole:

@Ibime

I knew him more than you.

Even if 100 people correct him, he will try to turn their head to his thinking. Nonesense!

It's because you guys are OLODO.
Debosky believes a player is not registered until he is available to play for his new club even when money has exchanged hands.
Ferguson SIGNED Da Silva twins from Brazil in Feb. 2007 but they were not able to take part in any games for Man Utd until they turned 18 in July 2008.
When will the books show the Da Silva brothers were signed?? The day Rafael Da Silva got his debut or the day he scored?? grin grin

Ibime:

Guffanti, don't tell me you have never heard of post season. Olodo! grin

Post-season in the Premiership??
This is not Major League Baseball or Major League Soccer where no teams get relegated or promoted.
We are talking about the English Premiership, Olodo!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's because you guys are OLODO.
Debosky believes a player is not registered until he is available to play for his new club even when money has exchanged hands.
Ferguson SIGNED Da Silva twins from Brazil in Feb. 2007 but they were not able to take part in any games for Man Utd until they turned 18 in July 2008.
When will the books show the Da Silva brothers were signed?? The day Rafael Da Silva got his debut or the day he scored?? grin grin
Da Silva twins are in a different category - signing academy players or youth players should not be confused to signing first team players.

Unless you are having an argument purely on financial records, the exact purchase period is not the key consideration. Since you are trying to correlate spending to trophies won, you must consider when the players began to play - if a player is signed in April to join in the summer, he effectively begins his career with the club in the following season and should be regarded as such.

Carlos Vela was 'signed' by Arsenal over two years ago - it would be silly to attribute success or failure of Arsenal in that season to Vela or to assign his purchase then as a waste or a success. You can only judge when the player begins to appear (not score) in club colours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100)

PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.