Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,570 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:48 AM

Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. (57477 Views)

5 Weird Toasting Styles Nigerian Guys Use For Women. / Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by mirexxx(f): 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
dicefrost:

You are simply buttressing the point! They simply lack the intellect
whatever! cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by micktoxin(m): 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
missclasssy:

Well, I am neutral on this. I just want to read what others have to say, especially the ladies.
I think it's the same old argument why women prefer social courses to sciences courses. Different interest and all that. The same argument could be made of women superior language skills to men (on average).
It is very complex to determine which of the sexes (Never mind in Nigeria) are more intelligent as shown In 2012, when women scored an higher average IQ test than men. Although in the high range, my own observation to date is that at or above the 98th percentile there are about twice more males than females, while at or above the 99.9th percentile there are about 15 times more males. These estimates are based on the male/female ratios in certain high I.Q.

Until we can accurately measure intelligence then we might not get the full picture.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by ronald4lif(m): 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
tosyne2much:
Where is Ronald...4lif and Akinsa...deez ?

Bro, I was active in this debate when the thread was first created. I'm tired of it biko. cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ok, let's start reading wikipedia and for further research go to google scholar. Equal opportunity is not even true in the most developed countries (old men occupy most executive officer positions and other main positions in most companies in the world, due to the very few women who got degrees when they entered university). There are many disadvantages for women to get an education in Nigeria. It seems you do not see what is expected of women in this country, especially in the north. Even the existence of widespread femal genital mutilation in the North is a sign of women's cultural disadvantage. It is puzzzling Nigerian men do not know anything about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_education_in_Nigeria
wristwatch:

I don't agree with this pls. Everybody have equal opportunity nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
All these women are but a small percentage of the total population of women and most of them may have circles of friends who could not go to uni and have the old mindset. It is explained in one of my older posts
missclasssy:

How about in a university setting where everyone is given a free platform for education?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
Dany87, you kept emphasising on the fact that women just got exposed to certain stuffs, when did the white men brought along education to Nigeria precisely; do you mean to say Males are the only peoples the white men educated in Nigeria?

Cos I don't seem to get youundecided, you're myopic to the fact that you're reading an article even though its so obvious that it is pure fallacy. However, both males and females were educated ever since it was a seed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
I think you might be right here. This is a very complex matter, the highest levels of intelligence represent a very low percentage of the population, and many times high intelligence in some areas means that you might be an idiot savant (very few women are autistic or idiot savants compared to men, or if they are their symptoms are much less severe). I think you are raising very interesting issues here. Obviously, the fact that we see these effects in tiny parts of the population do not apply to the majority of the population.

micktoxin:

I think it's the same old argument why women prefer social courses to sciences courses. Different interest and all that. The same argument could be made of women superior language skills to men (on average).
It is very complex to determine which of the sexes (Never mind in Nigeria) are more intelligent as shown In 2012, when women scored an higher average IQ test than men. Although in the high range, my own observation to date is that at or above the 98th percentile there are about twice more males than females, while at or above the 99.9th percentile there are about 15 times more males. These estimates are based on the male/female ratios in certain high I.Q.

Until we can accurately measure intelligence then we might not get the full picture.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by micktoxin(m): 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
dany87:
Ok, let's start reading wikipedia and for further research go to google scholar. Equal opportunity is not even true in the most developed countries (old men occupy most executive officer positions and other main positions in most companies in the world, due to the very few women who got degrees when they entered university). There are many disadvantages for women to get an education in Nigeria. It seems you do not see what is expected of women in this country, especially in the north. Even the existence of widespread femal genital mutilation in the North is a sign of women's cultural disadvantage. It is puzzzling Nigerian men do not know anything about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_education_in_Nigeria
May I ask what the argument is? Are people denying women have equal opportunities in Nigeria? If they are, then we have a serious problem.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
I agree that you have not understood me properly.

The role of women was the same old role for most of the world till the beginning of the 20th century, and mass education for white (and Japanese) women till university started in the 1950s. Before then, there were some cases of women studying, but they were anecdotal.

Before that, white men thought women should not receive a proper education so if these things started to change only a couple of decades before independence, and the white men did not care much about education in general and only educated the few Nigerians they needed to run their empire, it is easy to see why the very few who got an education continued these kind of values (which were in keeping with the old values of women taking care of children and producing a lot of them)

Borrussia:
Dany87, you kept emphasising on the fact that women just got exposed to certain stuffs, when did the white men brought along education to Nigeria precisely; do you mean to say Males are the only peoples the white men educated in Nigeria?

Cos I don't seem to get youundecided, you're myopic to the fact that you're reading an article even though its so obvious that it is pure fallacy. However, both males and females were educated ever since it was a seed in Nigeria.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
That is beyond obvious. Women do not have equal opportunities in Nigeria. This is more problematic in the North and much less so in Lagos. And please, remember that the North is part of Nigeria.
micktoxin:

May I ask what the argument is? Are people denying women have equal opportunities in Nigeria? If they are, then we have a serious problem.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
kinglekan:

Me nko sad

I make you Alomo bitter soup and cyanide bread. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by akinsadeez(m): 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
tosyne2much:
Where is Ronald.4lif and Akinsad.eez ?

I actually wanted to contribute and was halfway thru composing a lengthy post....but I realized I had not read thru d previous pages and I might be rehashing points already canvassed so I just shelved it.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by tosyne2much(m): 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
akinsadeez:

I actually wanted to contribute and was halfway thru composing a lengthy post....but I realized I had not read thru d previous pages and I might be rehashing points already canvassed so I just shelved it.
I have been anticipating the comment of my intelligent boss cool
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
lestat:

looking forward to this grin yummy yummy

You want goat meat or roasted snails dear?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

I make you Alomo bitter soup and cyanide bread. smiley

Cyanide bread. shockedshocked

Witch! gringrin

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by kandiikane(m): 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
This topic does not make sense at all. You are talking of Africa where majority of women are brought up in settings that does not allow the same exposures that men have growing up. The topics up for discussion would not be the same, it does not mean women are less knowledgeable or less intelligent, just that each gender is knowledgeable in different fields. If more women are exposed to the same things as men, the interests will be the same. When the women are in the kitchen cooking for the house, the men are in the sitting room watching football, how do you expect women to have interests in football? If a girl was sat with a boy amongst men discussing news or politics, who will they send to go do errands? The young girl. Girls are told to keep quiet when they put mouth in male conversations, with statements like, "what do you know?" she would probably be called lazy. Those who even have knowledge in such mostly do not sit to discuss it.

Question is, how can you be knowledgeable in politics or football when you are busy learning how to make a home or learning how to be a "slave" for a man you have not yet met?

The same way more men are knowledgeable in politics is the same way women are more knowledgeable in fashion or whatever you say they gossip about. They all impact the world just in different ways. The topic can go both ways. Intelligence is not by discussing topics men normally chit chat and scream their heads off over(that is mostly what these so-called intelligent male conversations are. Men sat somewhere, drinking and screaming about who will win what.
I know many men who are not interested in politics or football, yet you won't see anyone saying they cannot hold intelligent conversations. Your interests in politics or football does not make you intelligent.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
micktoxin:

MrsChima it shows your husband is intelligent verbally and you perhaps even more so, but like I said earlier to another poster, intelligence is a combination of many things. Most people in top Universities with advanced degrees (especially in maths and physics) are known to lack communication and social skills. I am sure you have met geeks who can't hold a normal convo to save their lives.Will you say they lack wisdom or intelligence (not fair)?
P.Dirac, arguably the greatest scientists after A.Eistein was known to suffer from poor communication skills and wit, but yet still discovered the greatest quantum theory of this century.
We can all think of people that have poor reasoning and brilliant memories, or fantastic language skills but aren't so hot at reasoning, and so on.
Knowledge is a fancy name for the conditioning we have been subjected to. Wisdom is something that you start to have once you realize that it was just conditioning.
Intelligence is is a measure of how well you can use your intellect to help yourself deal with the situations that you are confronted with in life.

Of course, my husband is intelligent and educated. He is also gifted and talented.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
nonjebose:
Cheeky. Comparing my mum and I is as good as comparing you and your dad,get the flow

But you didn't ask me any questions about my dad. You evaded your answer about a chick your fucking.

Stop acting simple and get off my nuts!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

You want goat meat or roasted snails dear?

roasted snail, with a cold Heineken grin grin you are making my tummy rumble oo grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
That is So true! However, I'm a man and I can tell you I am much better at holding stupid conversations than intelligent ones tongue!
kandiikane:
This topic does not make sense at all. You are talking of Africa where majority of women are brought up in settings that does not allow the same exposures that men have growing up. The topics up for discussion would not be the same, it does not mean women are less knowledgeable or less intelligent, just that each gender is knowledgeable in different fields. If more women are exposed to the same things as men, the interests will be the same. When the women are in the kitchen cooking for the house, the men are in the sitting room watching football, how do you expect women to have interests in football? If a girl was sat with a boy amongst men discussing news or politics, who will they send to go do errands? The young girl. Girls are told to keep quiet when they put mouth in male conversations, with statements like, "what do you know?" she would probably be called lazy. Those who even have knowledge in such mostly do not sit to discuss it.

Question is, how can you be knowledgeable in politics or football when you are busy learning how to make a home or learning how to be a "slave" to a man you have not yet met?

The same way more men are knowledgeable in politics is the same way women are more knowledgeable in fashion or whatever you say they gossip about. They all impact the world just in different ways. The topic can go both ways. Intelligence is not by discussing topics men normally chit chat and scream their heads off over(that is mostly what these so-called intelligent male conversations are. Men sat somewhere, drinking and screaming about who will win what.
I know many men who are not interested in politics or football, yet you won't see anyone saying they cannot hold intelligent conversations. Your interests in politics or football does not make you intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

But you didn't ask me any questions about my dad. You evaded your answer about a chick your fucking.

Stop acting simple and get off my nuts!
Off already. Got my answer also.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
dany87:
I agree that you have not understood me properly.

The role of women was the same old role for most of the world till the beginning of the 20th century, and mass education for white (and Japanese) women till university started in the 1950s. Before then, there were some cases of women studying, but they were anecdotal.

Before that, white men thought women should not receive a proper education so if these things started to change only a couple of decades before independence, and the white men did not care much about education in general and only educated the few Nigerians they needed to run their empire, it is easy to see why the very few who got an education continued these kind of values (which were in keeping with the old values of women taking care of children and producing a lot of them)

*Yawns* Same recurring proves.

I think I'll retire from here, still afresh in my mind that women are dumb and only few, I mean very few of them stood their grounds and defended their ago, looking pass the very obvious and peculiar facts. Romance section girls are exclusively not intelligent at all, only vickybee and mzchiam provided a point(though baseless).

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
nonjebose:
Off already. Got my answer also.

Thanks cos you suck!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Ura: 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
missclasssy:
This question has really been bothering me for quite some time. From my observation, it seems guys tend to me more versatile and knowledgeable in a lot of areas than ladies.

In public settings, you hardly find women making reasonable arguments and discussions, its just mindless chit-chats and gossip, unlike guys who argue important facets of life like philosophical concepts and politics.

I stayed in the girls hostel in school and I hardly ever witnessed a reasonable argument or discourse.
Even here on Nairaland, I have noticed the same thing. On the religion and politics section for instance, you rarely see ladies involving in intelligent discourse and arguments. Just few.

I stay in lagos and I listen to the radio a lot.
There are particular programs I enjoy listening to such as,
~ Chat station with Nelly
~Morning crossfire, both on Nigeria info 99.3.
A lot of intelligent and educative discussions on various topics are being held on these programs but you find out that 95% of the contributions are made by men.

Why is all this so?. Is it that ladies are scared to share their opinions or they just aren't as wise and knowledgeable as the guys?

My sister, na society o! Those of us who are objective and outspoken know the kind of hostilities that we face o. So as unless it becomes ABSOLUTELY necessary, we keep our opinions, ideas and contributions to ourselves. We use our intellect to develop our homes while we watch the men scatter the society with their own. No be say we dull o!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
lestat:

roasted snail, with a cold Heineken grin grin you are making my tummy rumble oo grin grin

Sure dear!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
Borrussia:

I think I'll retire from here, still afresh in my mind that women are dumb and only few, I mean very few of them stood their grounds and defended their ago, looking pass the very obvious and peculiar facts. Romance section girls are exclusively not intelligent at all, only vickybee and mzchiam provided a point(though baseless).

My points would be baseless to a pompous jackass! smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

Thanks cos you suck!
Yeah. Your comments are puerile and vile . Good night and bye

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by kandiikane(m): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
dany87:
That is So true! However, I'm a man and I can tell you I am much better at holding stupid conversations than intelligent ones tongue!

I mean, how can you sit discussing football or politics when you are busy with life, working harder just to be classed as an equal, earning respect?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
You do NOT have any arguments to say women are dumb. All the social/structural reasons are clearer. Women are physically weaker than men, and that's a fact. And you have lost this argument and state the same and get bored, possibly because you are to stubborn and do not want to accept a more factual view. Hope you come to accept it after some time.
Borrussia:

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

My points would be baseless to a pompous jackass! smiley
How on earth won't it be, arrogant ccunt dumpster.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
dany87:
You do NOT have any arguments to say women are dumb. All the social/structural reasons are clearer. Women are physically weaker than men, and that's a fact. And you have lost this argument and state the same and get bored, possibly because you are to stubborn and do not want to accept a more factual view. Hope you come to accept it after some time.
Bro. With all due respect I'm telling you to shut the fvck up, and stop thinking your making sense with you baseless point. You said men study and forced women to sit at home and give birth to children which is a complete fallacy in my own cognition.

Fine you are siding the women on these, where are you point, you're leading us to a crap article even when its so obvious and peculiar that this said topic isn't far-fetched. Provide real prove to your points and stop reciting the 1 2 3 that you've been chanting since morning.

Telling me women are st home taking care of kids while males goes to study; does that even make sense to your logical mind?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
nonjebose:
Yeah. Your comments are puerile and vile . Good night and bye

Bye bish!

(Throwing a middle finger up)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Waiting For Her Boyfriend In A Hotel, Lady Ran Into A Man Who later Married Her / How Any Man Can Easily Get Laid In Lagos! / Wedding Photos Of The Young Nigerian Guy And His Older American Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.