Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:21 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (829493 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (390) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 12:42am On Aug 05, 2023
Please what’s going on with Ircc
May Applicant
I have written multiple emails
And yet nothing
Since update Of Medicals in June
Nothing else
Wonder if my file and that of my baby’s are been worked on
The tension is high
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by faithee01: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2023
Goodmorning Everyone
Pls I want to apply for sowp for my husband.
Should I wait till I leave Nigeria first
I already have my visa.
Pls can u help me with the list of docs I need to process.
Thank you so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
OkukuOne:
In my experience with SOWP applications, I have noticed that individuals who applied under the "Skill Immigrant" category have received approval, including myself that received mine earlier that 5 weeks. Moreover, several YouTube videos I have come across also recommend applying as a Skill Immigrant.

Please understand that I am not challenging your opinion; rather, I am sharing my advice based on the success I have observed with this approach.

The trust you understand my position.

Skilled immigrant under which category? Where is that? Do you mean when asked to choose what you intend to apply for, one should choose skilled Immigrant. Ummm

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by alakara(m): 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
faithee01:
Goodmorning Everyone
Pls I want to apply for sowp for my husband.
Should I wait till I leave Nigeria first
I already have my visa.
Pls can u help me with the list of docs I need to process.
Thank you so much
No, you can start now.
Cheers.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hibidee: 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Just Stay positive!
My Wife and Two children got approved just on Thursday. Submitted June 8th, Biometrics 21st June, Original Passport request 3rd August 2023,

It will come soonest

Wavyfavy:
Please what’s going on with Ircc
May Applicant
I have written multiple emails
And yet nothing
Since update Of Medicals in June
Nothing else
Wonder if my file and that of my baby’s are been worked on
The tension is high

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hibidee: 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
No. My Wife also work as administrator of our company and we didn't even speak to her collecting salary. just the company registration (active status) and company's account statement + my own salary account with my real employment.

Pristine664:
My wife works in my company and she doesn't have payslip. Must I design payslip just because of her SOWP application?

I will appreciate prompt insight about this because I want to submit her application as soon as possible.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hibidee: 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
IF you are yet to receive PPR till now, send the mail and politely ask for update. (blindcopy all the email addresses)
I did after I stumbled on this thread, my wife and children got their PPR on this week, Submitted in June too.

God bless you all guys and all the best to peeps expecting. Good News Loading!!!

Cheebu:

Your husband really got lucky with the emails especially since the application is still under the standard processing time of 17 weeks for an open work permit. I'm in the same boat. My wife & kid applied for SOWP & VV on the 1st of June. We're still waiting for a decision.

I have a good mind of sending them emails but I'm thinking they may not attend to it since it's still under the processing time. But this has given me courage. Congratulations to you guys.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pristine664: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hibidee:
No. My Wife also work as administrator of our company and we didn't even speak to her collecting salary. just the company registration (active status) and company's account statement + my own salary account with my real employment.

Thank you very much.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dreadedman(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2023
Hi, i applied for SS in March, done Biometric and eligibility, still awaiting medical request. I also applied for TRV July, got an approval in 3 weeks. My wife is a Canadian citizen with good income, she did all the applications for me using her bank statements, insurance etc. We decided to apply for TRV pending SS approval. What documents do I need to travel with, my account statements is barely 3m and i quit my job last year, I took up courses on coursera since. I don't have any strong tiers back home in Nigeria or documents to show. Please I need your advice. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
Rasakiopoewa:

Yes. Skill Migrant

However, you can choose your preference.

Good luck!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbeybaba: 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Good evening in the house,
Please, anyone with sample of letter of absence to share.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheranmie2023: 2:40am On Aug 07, 2023
Am I the only one one this table?.
I want to apply for spousal work permit and the application is bringing me imm5707 form instead of imm5645 family information. They both have similar things but 5707 doesn’t have siblings informations. I don’t really know where I am missing it. I have the questionnaire again and again but still giving me the same thing. Someone should pls help me.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 1:32am On Aug 08, 2023
You don't need much. Just pick your passport and buy the ticket. Tell the Officer that since you have SS in progress, you will apply for Open Work Permit inside Canada. Since you are coming to work, proof of fund is not required. Just hold your spouse account statement in Canada as the person sponsoring you.
dreadedman:
Hi, i applied for SS in March, done Biometric and eligibility, still awaiting medical request. I also applied for TRV July, got an approval in 3 weeks. My wife is a Canadian citizen with good income, she did all the applications for me using her bank statements, insurance etc. We decided to apply for TRV pending SS approval. What documents do I need to travel with, my account statements is barely 3m and i quit my job last year, I took up courses on coursera since. I don't have any strong tiers back home in Nigeria or documents to show. Please I need your advice. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pristine664: 2:11am On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by damoladejobi(m): 3:26am On Aug 09, 2023
I have an unfurnished walkout basement with 2 bedrooms available for rent in the Klarvatten area of Edmonton, starting from October. Feel free to contact me for more details.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Makibarbie: 5:10am On Aug 09, 2023
Okay

damoladejobi:
I have an unfurnished walkout basement with 2 bedrooms available for rent in the Klarvatten area of Edmonton, starting from October. Feel free to contact me for more details.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pristine664: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2023
Pristine664:
I just submitted my wife's application. It only came with application number but no UCI yet. Is this normal pls?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adepeju1911: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Please I need clarification,

I want to apply for my newborn VV on GCKEY how do i go about it please?
The moment I start a new application it shows hubby's name because the GCKEY account belongs to him.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toniro(m): 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
Good evening House, please was the visa fee for this application- spouse n 2 kids who are applying for study visa. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
Looks like IRCC is on break.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hi,
Can i sponsor my brother’s SOWP?
I sponsored the wife’s study visa which was approved. Just wondering if SOWP can be sponsored too.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikeayus(m): 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
Glock22:
Hi,
Can i sponsor my brother’s SOWP?
I sponsored the wife’s study visa which was approved. Just wondering if SOWP can be sponsored too.

SOWP should ne done between spouses, not siblings
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
mikeayus:

SOWP should ne done between spouses, not siblings

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 12:46am On Aug 11, 2023
Please guys let's have landing gists from SOWP and VV holders.

What is the trend now?

What are the questions to expect from Immigration officers as an SOWP holder at POE?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sojiflex001(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2023
Good morning good people here.

Please anyone with the name of app that was used to compress his documents?

Is it a free app or purchased?

Thanks and God bless you all
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2023
The eagle has landed oooo
2 months and 2 weeks

My God came through for me
Sowp and VV for my 1 year old
Thank you people for the replies and encouragement
I pray that others waiting will end in praise

Coming back to post the full gist

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2023
Please how can I access vsf site so I can pay my transmission fee and also get the consent form

I am not understanding what I am seeing on the page
It’s saying I have been blocked

Help please

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:06am On Aug 12, 2023
Use https://www.ilovepdf.com/. It is free.

Good luck!

Sojiflex001:
Good morning good people here.

Please anyone with the name of app that was used to compress his documents?

Is it a free app or purchased?

Thanks and God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:07am On Aug 12, 2023
One of its kind. Wetin you go do there naija? After IRCC don confirm you, you come de play with vfs? lolz

Wavyfavy:
Please how can I access vsf site so I can pay my transmission fee and also get the consent form

I am not understanding what I am seeing on the page
It’s saying I have been blocked

Help please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:09am On Aug 12, 2023
Most people just walk through. I think you just want people to appreciate this place. right? because I know you have landed already na, abi my brain de pain me ni?

Note: For learning purposes for those yet to travel, please, familarize yourself with your SOP, what brings you to Canada and where do your spouse live, Also, your POE should be handy

Accessed:
Please guys let's have landing gists from SOWP and VV holders.

What is the trend now?

What are the questions to expect from Immigration officers as an SOWP holder at POE?

Thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by donfood4thought: 3:11am On Aug 12, 2023
Hello Everyone!

Do you want to know best easier way to get Canadian PR? see video below and ask me anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjEqYryjKg8

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (390) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.