Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,780 members, 7,879,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (829544 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (390) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remiredo: 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2023
I got notification for my i and my baby's own already. Yours will come in too.
Wavyfavy:

Just my baby’s parcel that vsf updated today
Say dem don process am send am back through courier
Nothing about mine was said in all their mails
And to top it all I haven’t even gotten any email notification from Ircc with regards to my babies own that they said they worked on
This is worrisome o

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheebu: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
For those who recently got SOWP visas, did IRCC send a POE letter in your portal?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
remiredo:
I got notification for my i and my baby's own already. Yours will come in too.

Ircc sent you a notification?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2023
Yes. Letter of Introduction was sent on the portal. To be presented to the immigration officer at point of entry.

Cheebu:
For those who recently got SOWP visas, did IRCC send a POE letter in your portal?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remiredo: 11:19am On Aug 30, 2023
Yes, i got mail notification this morning
Wavyfavy:

Ircc sent you a notification?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheebu: 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
Goldentony2nice:
Yes. Letter of Introduction was sent on the portal. To be presented to the immigration officer at point of entry.

Thanks for the response. How long did it take? My wife collected their passports on Monday & they're yet to get the letters on their portal.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Treasure134: 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Good afternoon/evening guys

I’ve been inactive on this platform for a while now which it wasn’t my fault, and I want to say I apologize for coming back this way, this group I’ve really been helpful and gave me what I have today.

Thank you guys and appreciate it all

Please I’ve a red flag in my application back then but didn’t know it will come back at me now,

While filing the IMM form I mean the form for the family(names) I declare myself to be single but those period I have a partner but we not married yet, so now I’m here Canada for a year+ now and I’m planning to go back home to make arrangements for wedding but at the look of things(the cost of the flight and my job) I decided to stay back in Canada meanwhile I got into Canada through study route but I’m planning to bring in my partner through the Common law spouse we’ve been together and lived together for 3years+ and but the red flag right now is I declared myself single and now I’m making plan to utilize the cash with me for the POF instead of throwing it on flight and living my job behind.. though I know I could call Ircc to update it for me and also refill the form and send it through web form but my concern is if I do that, won’t Ircc see that as a red flag as to why didn’t I declare her at first but now..

Please I need advice on this I would appreciate any input from you guys please 🙏🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
Let her send webform and emails. It's usually sent to individual portal as soon as passports are stamped.

Good luck!

Cheebu:

Thanks for the response. How long did it take? My wife collected their passports on Monday & they're yet to get the letters on their portal.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Thanks for your reply! The $16,500 is for my wife & my son only.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
I received the Letter of Introduction in my messages on 23rd August; immediately status was updated to show counterfoil has been done on passport. The Next day 24th, passport was delivered to me. Sign in to the portal and check.

Cheebu:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Terminalia(f): 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hello everyone. I recently got my study permit and I want to apply for SOWP and VV for my hubby and son. Do I need to submit my statement of account. I have paid my full tuition already, I'm asking because I have pulled out the fund I used for my application and would like to submit my family application next month
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
Cheebu:

To be fair, the amount isn't enough. You need to increase it by another 5-10k$. For a family of 3, you need at least $22k for living expenses for a year according to IRCC website.

The global inflation + the worsening exchange rate isn't helping matters but what can one do?

I experienced it first hand when my wife & kid applied for their visas. Exchange rate was about #340 to 1CAD. A couple of weeks later, it rose to over #500. The POF we submitted was effectively halved. We had to source for more money to increase it back again.
Cheebu:

To be fair, the amount isn't enough. You need to increase it by another 5-10k$. For a family of 3, you need at least $22k for living expenses for a year according to IRCC website.

The global inflation + the worsening exchange rate isn't helping matters but what can one do?

I experienced it first hand when my wife & kid applied for their visas. Exchange rate was about #340 to 1CAD. A couple of weeks later, it rose to over #500. The POF we submitted was effectively halved. We had to source for more money to increase it back again.
Cheebu:

amsomebody:
Thank you so much for responding to my question. I've already read through several pages from the start but can't find an answer to the question I asked.

Guess I'll have to scroll through more pages. Once again, thanks.
Cheebu:

Cheebu:

Cheebu:

Cheebu:

Cheebu:

Thanks for the reply the $16,500 is for my wife SOWP & My son. Is for both of them bro.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
OkukuOne:
I will advise you do the maths by yourself.

1. 1st dependent (Spouse) = $4,000

2. 2nd dependent (baby) = $3,000

3. misc. (This is not written down anywhere, but this is what I usually advise close allies to consider) = $2,000

Good luck!

Thanks boss. So, (SOWP ) for my wife let say $6k
Then my (VV) for my son $5k

Which in total $11k .
Have included the miscellaneous

But amount submitted for her POF is &16,500
I think she’s good to go boss or what do you think. @okukoone boss!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tayogbade: 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hello everyone and congratulations to those who have gotten PPR

I want to apply for sowp for my husband and two kids and please I'll love answers to the following questions

1) can I use my own GCKEY TO apply for them. If yes, do I need to fill any representative form or how does it work?

2) for POf I understand my husband will need $4,000 and $3,000 for each of the kids, plus $2k miscellaneous. Do I need to show $10,000 POf for me the student again?

3) To prove home ties, what else can I use IF we do not have any landed property

Thank you all so much in advance!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
PROTECTED - B
IMM 5621GEN (05-2022) E

Please elders in the house advise me on what to here is my wife refusal just now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 12:19am On Aug 31, 2023
Please for pof for sowp and 2 kids,PA who already has her study permit have like 9.7m in her naira account and 4100usd in her domiciliary account and tution fully paid while Sowp applicant who is the husband has like 4.9 in her account.

Please is this amounts OK for Sowp and 2 kids or should the PA transfer funds to SOwp account.
Again,can all these account be presented for sowp application.
Kindly assist.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Vector9845: 2:54am On Aug 31, 2023
smiley[Please can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for Ircc to request for your Medicals, my biometrics reflected on august 7th and have not yet gotten any medical request quote author=XtinahOo post=113527811]Good morning everyone.

Please how long does it take before IRCC will not regard a medical upfront?

I did upfront medical November 2021 & got a medical request today. I thought it takes 1year before medicals expire.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 8:57am On Aug 31, 2023
Good morning best people

Vsf don turn to weapon fashioned against me
IRCC has long updated my account with the visa
It’s been 3 days now vsf never talk anything about returning our passports
The last update they have for only my son’s own is that it has been couriered
I no see courier
I no see passport

I don call tire
Email tire

And I am in the east, which kind wahala be this 😭😭

Any way of retrieving our passports?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tayogbade: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2023

I want to apply for sowp for my husband and two kids and please I'll love answers to the following questions

1) can I use my own GCKEY TO apply for them. If yes, do I need to fill any representative form or how does it work?

2) for POf I understand my husband will need $4,000 and $3,000 for each of the kids, plus $2k miscellaneous. Do I need to show $10,000 POf for me the student again?

3) To prove home ties, what else can I use IF we do not have any landed property

Thank you all so much in advance![/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 9:54am On Aug 31, 2023
subzheero:
Please for pof for sowp and 2 kids,PA who already has her study permit have like 9.7m in her naira account and 4100usd in her domiciliary account and tution fully paid while Sowp applicant who is the husband has like 4.9 in her account.

Please is this amounts OK for Sowp and 2 kids or should the PA transfer funds to SOwp account.
Kindly assist.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good to go in my view because I have many references to this.

Shoot your shot and be prayerful because that is the ONLY way I know b0$$ friendship.

Good luck!

Owanhero123:

Thanks boss. So, (SOWP ) for my wife let say $6k
Then my (VV) for my son $5k

Which in total $11k .
Have included the miscellaneous

But amount submitted for her POF is &16,500
I think she’s good to go boss or what do you think. @okukoone boss!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
tayogbade:

Let your hubby open his own GCKey. This is what is expected of him

No, if that of your 1st, 2nd and 3rd dependent can be showed by them, you do not need to declare yours again, unless of cos' your hubby is your sponsor and the money he declared for your SP is what is still in his account. I believe this is clear enough.

3) To prove home ties, what else can I use IF we do not have any landed property..
Aged parents, siblings and job.

Thank you all so much in advance!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
I will strongly advise she order for her GCMS note. That way, you will fully see the reasons why she was refused.

Good luck!

Owanhero123:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
PROTECTED - B
IMM 5621GEN (05-2022) E

Please elders in the house advise me on what to here is my wife refusal just now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2023
Maybe you meant you did your medicals last year. Please read your write up again and make amends.

However, if you have a medical request and yours is not expired, you have righto send them your medicals through a webform and it will be acknowledged.

Good luck!

Vector9845:
smiley[Please can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for Ircc to request for your Medicals, my biometrics reflected on august 7th and have not yet gotten any medical request quote author=XtinahOo post=113527811]Good morning everyone.

Please how long does it take before IRCC will not regard a medical upfront?

I did upfront medical November 2021 & got a medical request today. I thought it takes 1year before medicals expire.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
it will come, just calm down and pray against your village people. Others things will fall into their respective places.

Good luck!

Wavyfavy:
Good morning best people

Vsf don turn to weapon fashioned against me
IRCC has long updated my account with the visa
It’s been 3 days now vsf never talk anything about returning our passports
The last update they have for only my son’s own is that it has been couriered
I no see courier
I no see passport

I don call tire
Email tire

And I am in the east, which kind wahala be this 😭😭

Any way of retrieving our passports?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
if there are ways to send money to another account and not your hubby own directly, I will strongly advise you to do that. Pleas, do not sed him money directly. It does not make sense.

Build his account to account for something within 4k for him, (3k x 2) for the kids, and another 2k for misc

Good luck!

[quote author=subzheero post=125480680][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
if there are ways to send money to another account and not your hubby own directly, I will strongly advise you to do that. Pleas, do not sed him money directly. It does not make sense.

Build his account to account for something within 4k for him, (3k x 2) for the kids, and another 2k for misc

Good luck!

subzheero:

Kindly assist.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Thank you
OkukuOne:

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
OkukuOne:
it will come, just calm down and pray against your village people. Others things will fall into their respective places.

Good luck!

No be small village people o
Today dey delivered just my son’s own
My own is still showing processing
Abeg na so the work permit own dey tey to put
I am praying and hoping on God make them finalize finish
All though they have updated it on my profile too
Na just my passport dem hold
God Abeg o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
Sorry to bother you can't l present spouse account together with the 4k in my account instead of transfer in bit to someone and that person transferring to me.Need your advice pls
OkukuOne:

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbeybaba: 12:31am On Sep 01, 2023
Good evening here.
Thank you for your support. I got my PPR with my kids today.
Please I want to sent my passport to them via courier. Kindly guide me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by claracee: 2:15am On Sep 01, 2023
Hi Everyone,

my name is Chiamaka, currently an international student in Canada.

Please I need your advice and guideline on SOWP and SV for my kids (7,5,3yrs).

Actually, we had submitted my family application but it was refused on the grounds of insufficient fund.
Our POF was 15m. we used an immigration consultant for the first application that was refused but now I want to do it on my own.

Please, I need every assistance so as to get it right this time around

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (390) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.