Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,259 members, 7,934,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:17 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (60429 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2009
debosky:

Anyways, enough of boring boring Liverpool vs Chelski, going to watch some exciting footie ala Barca.  cheesy
arse was more than boring yesterday, so quit it.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2009
Scolari admitted that Liverpool had controlled the game and that they had deserved the win that takes them three points clear of the Blues in second place.

“After this they are the owner of the pitch and they scored two goals,” he said before adding, “I think Liverpool are better than us, all of the game.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1711/chelsea/2009/02/01/1088677/liverpool-were-better-than-chelsea-admits-scolari
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2009
CHELSEA is finished-----no be today----i talk am e don tay-----chelsdea is a gone down the drain=====rip!! cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2009
dayokanu:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1711/chelsea/2009/02/01/1088677/liverpool-were-better-than-chelsea-admits-scolari
and from the same article
Lampard saw red in the second half for a foul on Xabi Alonso and speaking to Sky Sports after the game, Scolari insisted the red card had changed the game.
the ref messed up the game. simple.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2009
Ibime:

Alex didn't even see Torres. Torres came up behind him.

Too sad. . . . . . .I still believe Mike Riley short-changed Chelsea in that game.

dayokanu:

If anyone should dig your errors, This band width wont contain it. Is it about how Leeds United won the CL or league with most goals per game

Shut your fucking mouth. . . . . .Mr-Chelsea-are-not-dominant-in-the-game-so-they-deserved-to-lose.
How many times have teams won games without playing well and scoring at the death??
Dayo. . . . . .Give up!!! U dunno your football.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2009
Cheksli grin cheesy

Nateevs i told you, we are better shey? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Too sad. . . . . . .I still believe Mike Riley short-changed Chelsea in that game.

Shut your fucking mouth. . . . . .Mr-Chelsea-are-not-dominant-in-the-game-so-they-deserved-to-lose.
How many times have teams won games without playing well and scoring at the death??
Dayo. . . . . .Give up!!! U dunno your football.

That's just luck dearie. And such luck happens whether or not a ref is fair.
Teams have also scored goals/won games when they were a man down (United excel at that).  .  .in fact I even expected Chelsea to play better/harder when they lost Lamps, but they didn't.

Chelsea simply did not bring it to Anfield today, and they paid dearly. Anfield is not a place you come to with a lackadaisical attitude. If you don't bring fire,they'll eat you up.
Similar thing happened to us when we went there,remember?
Losing Lamps only worsened an already bad situ. With all the pressure Cech was under,I expected the Scousers to get a late goal,I just didn't think it'll be 2.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2009
Cristalz:

That's just luck dearie. And such luck happens whether or not a ref is fair.
Teams have also scored goals/won games when they were a man down (United excel at that).  .  .in fact I even expected Chelsea to play better/harder when they lost Lamps, but they didn't.

It was difficult for them to rally back after losing Lampard. . . . .
They woulda been better off if Malouda had copped that RED instead of Lampz.

Chelsea simply did not bring it to Anfield today, and they paid dearly. Anfield is not a place you come to with a lackadaisical attitude. If you don't bring fire,they'll eat you up.
Similar thing happened to us when we went there,remember?

I agree Chelsea weren't up for it but then they woulda been happier if the points were shared.
They were very comfortable and a draw wouldn't have been a bad result for them but as soon as Mike Riley goofed, everything went tits up.
Gerrard got away with several murders with some horrible tackles etc.

Losing Lamps only worsened an already bad situ. With all the pressure Cech was under,I expected the Scousers to get a late goal,I just didn't think it'll be 2.

The 2nd goal was Ashley Cole's goof. . . . .The Arrow couldn't control a simple pass. . . . .
His wages should be reduced by 70%.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2009
i'm sick and tired of these talks on ref.
how many attempts on goal do we have?
how many crossings do we have?
how many freekicks do we have?

this is still the same set of players avram grant performed with, i think scolari should better resign. That is the best option for him.
A captain of a ship must be ready to take responsibility of the actions of his crew. SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2009
Come on Sauron,when was Chelsea comfortable at any time throughout the game? Check the stats, watch it again even. The Blues were under pressure every step of the way.
Cech suffered most 'cos his defense was asleep for the most part. Reina didn't work nearly half as hard as Cech did 'cos their attempts were too easy for him. How many saves did he make? There wasn't any need.
Cech on the other hand was just in pains,lol. Chelsea was already bad.  .  .Lamps going out just heightened it iz all. Those Blue boys were never going to improve,whether Lampard was there or not.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2009
after just 4 matches among the big four, chelsea has only recorded just scroing two goals, and out of that two goals, one was an own goal, and that was at SB against Arsenal. I think arsenal will also wipe our arse at emirates.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

The 2nd goal was Ashley Cashley Cole's goof. . . . .The Arrow couldn't control a simple pass. . . . .
His wages should be reduced by 70%.

MINT! cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by kaypumpin2(m): 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2009
Come off it already Sauron.Was anyone sent off in the first leg at SB?What about when Man u and Arsenal came visting?

The match at Anfield today just butress the fact that Chelsea of this season is not the chelsea of old.Whther Mourhio will do better is in the realm of conjecture but this very team can not and will not beat any member of the Big 4.

The team has no width and their 2 attackers are not the type that can create something out of nothing.Moreso,Chelsea,a team reckoned for solid defending is now quite porous and cant seem to defend set-pieces.

It's not all doom for Chelsea as they will do enough to stay in the top 4,but definately i have a better chance of being the next Pope than Chelsea winning the EPL
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2009
Even if lapms had stay thru out the match, the fluke guys will still find a way of scoring at anfield. And thats the zeal that is lacking in chelsea team. WORD!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2009
Cristalz:

Come on Sauron,when was Chelsea comfortable at any time throughout the game? Check the stats, watch it again even. The Blues were under pressure every step of the way.

But Liverpool were not hurting Chelsea with all their possession. . . .
It's like the Barca/Man Utd game last season. . . . . .We were very happy to cede possession but once they get to the edge of the box, we dispossess em and they try again. The defence was very comfortable.

Cech suffered most 'cos his defense was asleep for the most part. Reina didn't work nearly half as hard as Cech did 'cos their attempts were too easy for him. How many saves did he make? There wasn't any need.

I am not saying Chelsea deserved to win the game. . . . . .But they didn't deserve to lose.
A goalless draw wouldn't have been catastrophic for both teams.

Cech on the other hand was just in pains,lol. Chelsea was already bad.  .  .Lamps going out just heightened it iz all. Those Blue boys were never going to improve,whether Lampard was there or not.

Do u really think Rafa woulda introduced Babel and Benayoun if Lampard wasn't sent off??
Letz be honest. . . . .Chelsea playing with TEN MEN gave Rafa the impetus to go ALL OUT and get the victory.
We can spin this all day long but i couldn't see Liverpool scoring a goal when Chelsea had 11 men on the pitch.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 11:43pm On Feb 01, 2009
@Somze

I am waiting for ya comment o but please dont put "sack LPS"

@All

Its just 5 points, we can still do the miracle.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2009
Akolawole:

@All

Its just 5 points, we can still do the miracle.

Potentially 8 points. . . . .United have a game in hand.
I dunno why people are not putting that into consideration.
Fulham @ OT is a sure banker.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 1:02am On Feb 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Potentially 8 points. . . . .United have a game in hand.
I dunno why people are not putting that into consideration.
Fulham @ OT is a sure banker.

Andy Johnsonnnnnnnn!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 1:06am On Feb 02, 2009
Funny enough, I haven't seen Nateevs' usual paragraphs of adoration to LPS and his strategy. cheesy grin grin

No ideas, no real creativity, and a stupid move by Bosingwa that will likely get him banned for a couple of games.

Not looking too good for Chelski right now - except they beat Arsenal at the Emirates, the point against Liverpool at SB will be the only thing they get from their top opponents all season. Can you win the league with that performance? NO
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 1:22am On Feb 02, 2009
@Debo,

As strange as it might seem I will want to ask, tell me one thing you thot LPS could have done today and did not do? I know now it is beginning to seem like another clap for LPS, the sooner we realize the problems I have been talking about, the better.

While LPS is not the best at his job, our players are shit. We just have a group of sluggish, old and spent, heavy-legged, overpaid motherfockers, that can't run with the ball, live on past glory and only look good on paper.

And until we begin a massive overhaul of the entire team, no manager, none at all can do zilch with this team.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Drogba came in today again. . . . I am waiting!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by chamotex(m): 1:27am On Feb 02, 2009
nateevs:

@Debo,

As strange as it might seem I will want to ask, tell me one thing you thot LPS could have done today and did not do? I know now it is beginning to seem like another clap for LPS, the sooner we realize the problems I have been talking about, the better.

While LPS is not the best at his job, our players are shit. We just have a group of sluggish, old and spent, heavy-legged, overpaid motherfockers, that can't run with the ball, live on past glory and only look good on paper.

WORD! I'll keep this quote for future reference cheesy

no manager, none at all can do zilch with this team.

That was JM's team and he did very well with them.

All those players were bought by JM except for Deco

So??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 2:06am On Feb 02, 2009
debosky:

the point against Liverpool at SB will be the only thing they get from their top opponents all season. Can you win the league with that performance? NO

We lost to Liverpool at the bridge.

nateevs:

While LPS is not the best at his job, our players are shit. We just have a group of sluggish, old and spent, heavy-legged, [/b]overpaid motherfockers, that can't run with the ball, live on past glory and only look good on paper.

And until we begin a massive overhaul of the entire team, [b]no manager, none at all can do zilch with this team.

## Its not compulsory for players to run with the ball.

## There were plenty of Managers that can better this. Grant easily do this even with no license. And i am sure Debosky can do it.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 2:36am On Feb 02, 2009
chamotex:

That[b] was[/b] JM's team and he did very well with them.

All those players[b] were bought[/b] by JM except for Deco

So??

Check highlighted point in your comments and you will understand exactly why I said. . . . live on past glory and only look good on paper.

Simple!

And oh JM bought and used them 3 years ago. . . when they were in their prime not now! . . . so quit this talk!. . . . You think JM would have succeeded with five 30 yrd-olds in his first 11?

@Akola,

Since when did it not become compulsory for players to run with the ball? This is not golf for heaven's sake! If a player cannot run with the ball, there's a high tendency he can't track back to defend.
The hallmark of JM's achievement was pace. . . quick, pacy players that run with the ball, catch you on a break and even track back to snatch the ball from you again.

It's all gone now.

We weren't quick enough to get past pool's midfielders, let alone defenders - they were quicker . . that's why we couldn't attack.
Also we weren't quick enough to run back and snatch the ball from them - they were quicker . . . that's why they attacked us throughout. . .

LPS knows this and that's why he will never play a 4-4-2. . . It is easy for you to blame LPS . . I tell you it's the quickest and easiest thing to do. . . . but one thing is for sure sack Scolari and bring in another manager and by then Lampard will be 32, Ballack 33, Deco 32, Drogba 32, Anelka 30, Carvalho 32, Malouda 29, Ashley 30. . .

and then you'l come back here after a series of shambolic performances to say but JM did well with this same team, even Grant 2 years ago. . . . blah blah!

Am I the only one seeing this? . . . . Oh! I thought one genius called Sir Alex said this months ago b4 any whistle was blown.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 3:33am On Feb 02, 2009
@Nateeves

I dont believe these age thing jare.

One can still run and do very well at 30's.

These ages in question are oyinbo kind of ages NOT African one.

LPS is happy with this squad since we tapped him long time ago.

I hope you remember these set of players complain that the trainning is not indepth enough.

Maybe LPS is too soft for these guys or he lack technical know-how. Yes i repeat technical know-how. cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 4:34am On Feb 02, 2009
If Sir Alex who knows what it means to be on the winning side tells you our squad is aging and you say you don't believe it. . . well I can't say much more. .

So because LPS said he is happy with our squad, it means it is not aging eh?

I will not push this any further because I don't want to get into another "LPS should be fired or not" argument. Y'all know where I have always stood on this. If you believe the squad is good enough. . . fine!!

Those that know, will tell you otherwise.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 02, 2009
Chelsea may have been robbed, what is most important now is that we need to set our priority right.
Our priority now should be the FA cup.
Me thinks, thats the only thing we're capable of winning this season.
It will be unrealistic to be thinking of winning the CL.
We ain't playing well.
Truth is bitter.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by tkb417(m): 7:46am On Feb 02, 2009
If Sir Alex who knows what it means to be on the winning side tells you our squad is aging and you say you don't believe it. . . well I can't say much more. .
So because LPS said he is happy with our squad, it means it is not aging eh?

I will not push this any further because I don't want to get into another "LPS should be fired or not" argument. Y'all know where I have always stood on this. If you believe the squad is good enough. . . fine!!

ooh ooh, now u believe what SAF says
im sure b4 this thing got to this level, u must have said SAF was saying nonsence

i think ur coach needs some tutorials or he shld just go back to fluminense cos he cant win the Nationwide even with Manchester United
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:49am On Feb 02, 2009
BlueDiva:

Chelsea may have been robbed, what is most important now is that we need to set our priority right.
Our priority now should be the FA cup.
Me thinks, thats the only thing we're capable of winning this season.
It will be unrealistic to be thinking of winning the CL.
We ain't playing well.
Truth is bitter.
arsenal, liverpool, manchester united are stilll at the FA CUP chelsea stands no chance in hell to dream of any silverware this season IT IS ALL OVER FOR CHELSEA!! CHELSEA IS FINISHED cool they have not been able to win any top three team this season or any top team-------where dem wan pass win FA CUP----- the black February continues!! grin am so excited-----this is so much fun
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 02, 2009
nattevs,
Well said.
As a Chelsea fan you seem to be objective.
Truth is,Chelsea needs overhaul.Fergie said it,everybody went up in arms.But it's looking like he was right.
LPS will never try 4-4-2 withthe  players he has.And personally I don't think the problem is with him.
The Chelsea squad outlook makes him stick with the 4-3-3.It's not a deep squad also,that's another thing we have to consider.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:50am On Feb 02, 2009
nateevs:

SAF is silly. At that time Baba was just playing upon LPS mind.

I hope you remembers that he said LPS can never be successful as Chief Jose mourinho.

Maybe the heavy snow in your country today is affecting ya brain grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:52am On Feb 02, 2009
@Nateeves and the left wingers grin

I will give simple analysis NOW and you must respond to ALL of them grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:56am On Feb 02, 2009
@ the moment     the table looks like

1 Manchester United 23 16 5 2 40 10 30        53
2 Liverpool 24 14 9 1 39 15 24 51
3 Chelsea 24 14 6 4 44 15 29                       48
4 Aston Villa 24 14 6 4 38 24 14                    48

5 Arsenal 24 12 7 5 38 25 13                         43

CHELSEA AND ASTON VILLA ARE NOW LEVEL ON POINT----------by the end of february aston villa and arsenal should be ahead of chelsea and chelsea should be out of champions league!! Roman is still looking for a buyer or he will sell the club bits by bits giving it a newcastle like status. the end of the blues cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 25th February 2018 / Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: F.A Cup (0 - 2) On 18th February 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.