Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,862 members, 7,889,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

To The Atheist In The House. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To The Atheist In The House. (6325 Views)

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

i never knew people preach islam...
follow the media islam, and islam is the worse, see the inside of islam yourself, then you jusge the rest yourself..
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you haven't answered my question, be consistent please
I answered, you can't get a pictorial or graphic view of your creator rather, you get his obvious numerous signs!
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
lfleak:
follow the media islam, and islam is the worse, see the inside of islam yourself, then you jusge the rest yourself..

u moslem? quick question u ready?
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

u moslem? quick question u ready?
yea, a muslim... yea...
any effect if answered satisfactorily?? like monetary... grin grin
TBS bring it on!
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
lfleak:
yea, a muslim... yea... any effect if answered satisfactorily??
the feeling of making someone satisfied isnt enof?
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

the feeling of making someone satisfied isnt enof?
dnt get.. I meant what are you going to do if I answer it to ur satisfaction. like changing your mind or something,... or money! grin grin
TBS bring it on
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by hopefulLandlord: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2017
lfleak:
I answered, you can't get a pictorial or graphic view of your creator rather, you get his obvious numerous signs!

obviously you've realised your previous analogy makes no sense so I'll drop it

moving on, those "obvious numerous signs" you're talking about cannot be used as claim for the Christian god or Vishnu etc?
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2017
lfleak:
dnt get.. I meant what are you going to do if I answer it to ur satisfaction. like changing your mind or something,... or money! grin grin
TBS bring it on

i said you will get the pride of making me satisfied...

you know christianity with so many denominations...
penticostal.. anglican.. catholic... churches...
doctrines... etc

does islam have those? who are the terrorist...?.
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

obviously you've realised your previous analogy makes no sense so I'll drop it

moving on, those "obvious numerous signs" you're talking about cannot be used as claim for the Christian god or Vishnu etc?
the analogy looks foolish to you write..? that was its main motive because that is how atheism also looks like from my view.

if you are ready for a serious and non-abusive and educative arguement.. then am ready... Christian god..? actually the we and the xtians ought to be worshpping same God, but their mode of worship and other practise is way out of context which is very wrong might go deeper if you need..
vishnu...? talk more of sango, obatala brothers... TBH I see them more as traditional gods though they have their own religion..

pick a specific spot so we decipher
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 7:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

ok.. but pride kee.. owo ni koko..
oya ask the question
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2017
lfleak:
ok.. but pride kee.. owo ni koko.. oya ask the question
done... up
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by hopefulLandlord: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2017
lfleak:
the analogy looks foolish to you write..? that was its main motive because that is how atheism also looks like from my view.

if you are ready for a serious and non-abusive and educative arguement.. then am ready... Christian god..? actually the we and the xtians ought to be worshpping same God, but their mode of worship and other practise is way out of context which is very wrong might go deeper if you need..
vishnu...? talk more of sango, obatala brothers... TBH I see them more as traditional gods though they have their own religion..

pick a specific spot so we decipher

you said there are numerous proof of this god of yours, right?

my question now is if any of these "numerous proof" can't be used as "numerous proof" of the Indian God Vishnu

the question is very simple cuz I've observed "proof" of god usually given by Muslims, Christians et al are proof for a "generic god" aka Deism

you believe Allah created the world and wants us to submit our lives to him aka Islam, you claimed to have proof that this Allah is the true God so I'm asking you if any of those "proof" aren't the usual generic proof a Amadioha worshipper, Vishnu worshipper etc can use also as proof of their god being the true god
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you said there are numerous proof of this god of yours, right?

my question now is if any of these "numerous proof" can't be used as "numerous proof" of the Indian God Vishnu

the question is very simple cuz I've observed "proof" of god usually given by Muslims, Christians et al are proof for a "generic god" aka Deism

you believe Allah created the world and wants us to submit our lives to him aka Islam, you claimed to have proof that this Allah is the true God so I'm asking you if any of those "proof" aren't the usual generic proof a Amadioha worshipper, Vishnu worshipper etc can use also as proof of their god being the true god
OK! I get you now..

They are obviously not.. I assume you have not opened the link I showed as the ones I gave are from the Holy Quran.. You can quickly check it up..
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

you know christianity with so many denominations...
penticostal.. anglican.. catholic... churches...
doctrines... etc

does islam have those? who are the terrorist...?.
OK.. Thanks for simplifying the question.

Islam do NOT have different denominations as we all worship Allah(God) via only one means.
As you may already know that those xtians denominations have various and contradicting ways of worship..even the terrorist will enter same mosque to pray with other Muslims...

Terrorists are just people like you and me. They are not Muslims, I repeat they are not Muslims.though to a non-muslim you see them as Muslim as you also read various memes and cherry verses from the Quran about kill the infidels and so..

But the Quran is a dynamic book that uses a dynamic language. Since most non-muslim and the media has taken over the Quran verses and thrown it out, its all of the world to believe it without proper check..

Overall.. Am too typing..? Lol.. Terrorist are plain murders and criminals not Muslims..
Did I miss something? Bring it up..
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Olu317(m): 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hati13:

Most of the people in the past hadn't had the logic to explain natural phenomena. They didn't know why/how sun rises, it rain, they dream and so on..... They started to relate those things to gods and then, to God. Religion was a system created by men to those God/gods.

Brain and consciousness are related. Once brain die, then consciousness will end. After you die, there is nothing. You don't even know you are dead. There is no difference between 1 second or 1 trillion years to yon, because there is no you.

Be happy and comfortable that everything(happiness, sadness, love, life, etc.....) has limits. Death is the greatest gift you will get. smiley wink cheesy grin

"Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not" - Epicurus(BC 341-270)
Interesting!So,you are atheist.
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Olu317(m): 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hati13:

Most of the people in the past hadn't had the logic to explain natural phenomena. They didn't know why/how sun rises, it rain, they dream and so on..... They started to relate those things to gods and then, to God. Religion was a system created by men to those God/gods.

Brain and consciousness are related. Once brain die, then consciousness will end. After you die, there is nothing. You don't even know you are dead. There is no difference between 1 second or 1 trillion years to yon, because there is no you.

Be happy and comfortable that everything(happiness, sadness, love, life, etc.....) has limits. Death is the greatest gift you will get. smiley wink cheesy grin

"Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not" - Epicurus(BC 341-270)
Interesting!your expression gives credence to a non believer of God, Are you an atheist?
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
HopefulLanlord are you done?
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Olu317:
Interesting!your expression gives credence to a non believer of God, Are you an atheist?
Yes, I'm Atheist. I became, when I was 15 or 16 years old.
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hati13:

what makes you think God doesn't exist?
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
lfleak:
what makes you think God doesn't exist?
Because, I didn't heard or saw him. Why do I need to believe on something, that has no concrete evidences to support it.
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hati13:

Because, I didn't heard or saw him. Why do I need to believe on something, that has no concrete evidences to support it.
you don't have a blind eyes, but a blind eyes... NO insult intended...

Now if you see somethings like this as some of his obvious signs, what is your response...
go through these:
https://www.nairaland.com/3722319/these-deniable
https://www.nairaland.com/3677741/mathematical-miracles-holy-quran-must

go through with an open heart and get back to me... you will definitely get more if you need... if you were formally a christian then I think your reasons for leaving is so obvious... but hey take a look at the other side...waitng..
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Olu317(m): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hati13:

Oh K. As humans,we chose our path in life because we see things differently and what we see differently drive us to zenith in life either one short lived like Alexander the Great who conquered the world and died at the age of 32 or as someone like Emperor Julio Cesar who Ruled the world when he was almost twice the age of Alexander's the Great. Set goals can always be achieved in life irrespective of one's faith if it exist or non existence but hard work is needed and a mindset of unwavering beliefs. Each man is accountable for his deed on earth because many men becomes Legend but some Legend are not only quoted but honoured and worship. I am a die hard LOVER OF JESUS CHRIST. It still doesn't change my admiration for zealousness on human history,especially ,your desire to showcase your TRIBE and Country to the rest of the world.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: To The Atheist In The House. by mrmrmister: 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
Dalaman the preacher. grin grin
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2017
lfleak:
you don't have a blind eyes, but a blind eyes... NO insult intended...

Now if you see somethings like this as some of his obvious signs, what is your response...
go through these:
https://www.nairaland.com/3722319/these-deniable
https://www.nairaland.com/3677741/mathematical-miracles-holy-quran-must

go through with an open heart and get back to me... you will definitely get more if you need... if you were formally a christian then I think your reasons for leaving is so obvious... but hey take a look at the other side...waitng..
I only believe in concrete reasons. Why do I need to believe in something, just because a given person what's to believe in it. If there was concrete evidences that God/gods exis, then we would had seen it on TV or internet.

I had experienced a nightmare situation 3 years ago that makes most people to believe in higher beings, but I hadn't concluded like that. I researched on the internet and found out it was just images created by my brain. I believed in that, because all the reasons were concrete enough. This also needs to be used by others.
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hati13:

I only believe in concrete reasons. Why do I need to believe in something, just because a given person what's to believe in it. If there was concrete evidences that God/gods exis, then we would had seen it on TV or internet.

I had experienced a nightmare situation 3 years ago that makes most people to believe in higher beings, but I hadn't concluded like that. I researched on the internet and found out it was just images created by my brain. I believed in that, because all the reasons were concrete enough. This also needs to be used by others.
no reasons where concrete, it was just edible for your brain.. No one is expected to satisfy you...
Like the links I showed to is not enough proof..? Like a logical being will or could cause so much coincidence..?
Science of before, science of now and science of after all have been explained and finished in the Quran comprehensively..even if you are shown face to face.. You will still throw it out as your brain is not ready to accept the truth..
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
lfleak:

OK.. Thanks for simplifying the question.

Islam do NOT have different denominations as we all worship Allah(God) via only one means.
As you may already know that those xtians denominations have various and contradicting ways of worship..even the terrorist will enter same mosque to pray with other Muslims...

Terrorists are just people like you and me. They are not Muslims, I repeat they are not Muslims.though to a non-muslim you see them as Muslim as you also read various memes and cherry verses from the Quran about kill the infidels and so..

But the Quran is a dynamic book that uses a dynamic language. Since most non-muslim and the media has taken over the Quran verses and thrown it out, its all of the world to believe it without proper check..

Overall.. Am too typing..? Lol.. Terrorist are plain murders and criminals not Muslims..
Did I miss something? Bring it up..

if u could explain what koran means by kill the infidels... where do u group terorist (zelotes) arent all muslim zelotes...
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
joshysmartie:

if u could explain what koran means by kill the infidels... where do u group terorist (zelotes) arent all muslim zelotes...
there are about 7 verses that speaks something related to that, dont know the one you referring to.. But I will pick the most important amd popular one...
Quran 2:19

And kill them wherever you find them, turn them out where they have turned you out.....

Now what most non-muslims see is the exact 2:191
But when you check the starting point of that verse which is 2:190, it says:

And fight in the way of Allah THOSE WHO FIGHT YOU, but transgress not the limit, for Allah likes not the transgressors....

Now you notice the capitalized words? Notice both verse sounds very defensive.. Like do this when they do you this...

And most importantly to get the most insightful knowledge of the Quran get a good Hard copy English translated copy instead of downloading apps which can be made by any body of any religion And he /she twist some verse to please self...

More advantage of the hard copy is there is always something called tafsir( like extra explanation or to break something's down) below almost evert page
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by lfleak: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
joshysmartie:

on the contrary there are just few or no Muslim as Islam is a perfect religion that can't be practised to the maximum, that why every Muslim will say words like Allah knows best or May Allah guide me when doing everything...

But the terrorists are far from one..
But when I put on my conspiracy goggles on.. Why was the middle east peaceful and with very minimal issues in the past 5 decades until recent..?
Re: To The Atheist In The House. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
lfleak:
there are about 7 verses that speaks something related to that, dont know the one you referring to.. But I will pick the most important amd popular one...
Quran 2:19

Now what most non-muslims see is the exact 2:191
But when you check the starting point of that verse which is 2:190, it says:

Now you notice the capitalized words? Notice both verse sounds very defensive.. Like do this when they do you this...

And most importantly to get the most insightful knowledge of the Quran get a good Hard copy English translated copy instead of downloading apps which can be made by any body of any religion And he /she twist some verse to please self...

More advantage of the hard copy is there is always something called tafsir( like extra explanation or to break something's down) below almost evert page

ok..

tell me about the virgins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Can I Locate A Spiritualist In Nigeria To Seek For Spiritual Help? / Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. / Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.