Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,840 members, 7,915,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (727530 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2015
kennyrony:
Am Happy....... Congratulations to Me. Visa approved dis morning. Transcript coming soon.....

Congratulations, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2015
angel34real:
Visa approved this morning at Lagos consulate. Transcripts coming in a giffy.

Congratulations, lady!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by paris1439: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Anyone heading to minneapolis this fall? smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2015
angel34real:
Congratulations my dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2015
Congrats... @kennyronny and angel34real,waiting for your transcripts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2015
kennyrony:
Am Happy....... Congratulations to Me. Visa approved dis morning. Transcript coming soon.....

CONGRATS..!!!!! I'm next..!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 08, 2015
Congrats kenyrony...Wish you the best in the land of opportunities
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2015
eineFrau:

Hi. What do you mean by you stayed up all night to find an early interview date? How exactly did you do that?
Thank you.

Earlier dates pop around midnight, so u might have to stay up all night n keep refreshing the dates to get an earlier one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2015
angel34real:
Congratulations. You sound like a friend I met at PH last year..Texas A&M , Ms Geology...Are you??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2015
kennyrony:

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2015
chummygirl:
pls what reply will be good enough. Pls reply me on what I will tell the VO incase I am asked the question.

Can I ask, who is ur other sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2015
profojah:

Congratulations. You sound like a friend I met at PH last year..Texas A&M , Ms Geology...Are you??
Yes she is, we were together today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2015
slimmy05:
I am freaking happy Kenny. I believed you'll get it and am happy for you.
Tnks alot bro. D mission won't av been accomplished witout u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2015
angel34real:

Congratulations, Its has been Good so far this week, Thank God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2015
pugilist:

Congrats Kennyronny.
Tnks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2015
DeeTus:
Congrats man!
Oga mi, tnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2015
godG:

Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyhy! Congratulations, man. Very very good guy. God will always take care of you!
Amen. Tnks a lot bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2015
buzibiza:
sorry for time wasting, was busy at work. Visa approved today 7:30. I arrived 6:40am and waited for them to call us in. Got tired standing and decided to sit somewhere far, then they called us in sad. I lost my position as I was now about the 40th person on the line.

Did the usual checks and then the biometrics and was ushered to the hot seat grin. I think the Vos at 8 and 9 were a little more lenient, 5 and 6 were strict but I still got 5. The interview was thus:

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good morning m'aam (didn't remember the "how are you doing I was supposed to ask"wink

Vo: Checked my i20 and typed for about 30 secs... What masters are you going for?

Me: For my masters in Public health ( wanted to say d name of the school, on a second thought, I asked myself " who send u?"

VO: What will Public Health do for you?

Me: Public health is in line with my previous degree in medicine and surgery and my current job in Bleep NGO. Public health professionals are needed in Nigeria because off the sociopolitical and environmental health issues here. We would be in charge of the future of the Nigerian health sector.

Vo: Who is sponsoring u?

Me: My Dad

Vo: What does he do?

Me: He owns a company, and he's contracted to some state govt( I named them).

Vo: Your visa has been approved bla bla bla

Personal tips:

I had about 36 formulated questions which I gathered and was rehearsing d questions for about 3 days of which all came out though not in the same sequence lol.

Pray. I had to though am not a prayer warrior. I always spoke these words Bishop Abioye says "cover my mistake and color my destiny"

Be confident! Mind u as a student u have a higher chance from my experience. They rarely approved b1/b2 except clergy or old chiefs or so...

Big thanks to all them gurus out here. Though I wrote a few times, it cant be compared to wat I learnt... @bigfrancis, stewee, zee, mystique, slimmy, darklight, Amanze, walspring, deetus, ojap, bbdd, dbluv, prof, infact, we too plenty here. I hope I get to know a few in person. My PM de act up abi na me wey no sabi d thin lol @bbdd

Congrats, transcript on point
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2015
kennyrony:

AhnAhn!!..How you take know?...Darklight, na she?.. Cos na only Darklight know her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2015
buzibiza:
sorry for time wasting, was busy at work. Visa approved today 7:30. I arrived 6:40am and waited for them to call us in. Got tired standing and decided to sit somewhere far, then they called us in sad. I lost my position as I was now about the 40th person on the line.

Did the usual checks and then the biometrics and was ushered to the hot seat grin. I think the Vos at 8 and 9 were a little more lenient, 5 and 6 were strict but I still got 5. The interview was thus:

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good morning m'aam (didn't remember the "how are you doing I was supposed to ask"wink

Vo: Checked my i20 and typed for about 30 secs... What masters are you going for?

Me: For my masters in Public health ( wanted to say d name of the school, on a second thought, I asked myself " who send u?"

VO: What will Public Health do for you?

Me: Public health is in line with my previous degree in medicine and surgery and my current job in Bleep NGO. Public health professionals are needed in Nigeria because off the sociopolitical and environmental health issues here. We would be in charge of the future of the Nigerian health sector.

Vo: Who is sponsoring u?

Me: My Dad

Vo: What does he do?

Me: He owns a company, and he's contracted to some state govt( I named them).

Vo: Your visa has been approved bla bla bla

Personal tips:

I had about 36 formulated questions which I gathered and was rehearsing d questions for about 3 days of which all came out though not in the same sequence lol.

Pray. I had to though am not a prayer warrior. I always spoke these words Bishop Abioye says "cover my mistake and color my destiny"

Be confident! Mind u as a student u have a higher chance from my experience. They rarely approved b1/b2 except clergy or old chiefs or so...

Big thanks to all them gurus out here. Though I wrote a few times, it cant be compared to wat I learnt... @bigfrancis, stewee, zee, mystique, slimmy, darklight, Amanze, walspring, deetus, ojap, bbdd, dbluv, prof, infact, we too plenty here. I hope I get to know a few in person. My PM de act up abi na me wey no sabi d thin lol @bbdd
amelika don set be that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:32am On Jul 08, 2015
ddbluv:

Same thing I would do, its better to spend extra dollar and get a good apartment value than rush into something ill regret for 1 yr. 3days / 1wk shouldnt be bad since it also comes with discount

Yeah same thought, I prefer to see n pay, no regrets
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2015
kennyrony:
kennyrony am happy for U man patience is the KEY, u don visa na GODwIN grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2015
angel34real:
na GOdwin. Win
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2015
Someone posted about Fidelity bank (I think) swiping rates of N200/dollar. Want to confirm the bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2015
kennyrony:

the geology bloods cheesy am excited guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2015
profojah:

Yea on the 5th of October 2014 for GRE test at Showers international.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2015
mbeenox:
Someone posted about Fidelity bank (I think) swiping rates of N200/dollar. Want to confirm the bank
199.50 wink good bank,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by buzibiza: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Thanks every1 for the congratulatory msgs.. @kenny and angel, congrats!! We doing it to them dis week, lol tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 08, 2015
angel34real:

Yea on the 5th of October 2014 for GRE test at Showers international.
Really!!..I thought you've been following the thread as a guest like you told me.. BTW what happened to your number?, couldn't find you on my list again...Congrats once again, Your head is inserted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kobe79: 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
profojah:

Really!!..I thought you've been following the thread as a guest like you told me.. BTW what happened to your number?, couldn't find you on my list again...Congrats once again Your head is inserted

inserted where?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
profojah:

[size=12pt]Really!!..I thought you've been following the thread as a guest like you told me.. BTW what happened to your number?, couldn't find you on my list again...Congrats once again, Your head is inserted[/size]

Which 1 is ur head is inserted? undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
Big congrats to kennyrony ati angel34real...make unu go back go tell the VO say make she dey expect me soon..... Lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.