Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47840 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by tijehi(f): 7:07am On Jun 18, 2015
I know now I got myself d best writer on Nairaland ooo.
You are too much.
Re: The Cul De Sac by alabig(m): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2015
I'm so wowed with touchmeder creativity. One of the things that distinguished a virtous lady is attitude, however, bukky does'nt have regards for that which had already led to her waterloo. Moreover, imonite has shown that his love for his family is undoubting. He made up his mind to bear the cross of a disobedient wife, what a selfless love! With the way things are turning and turning in the widen gyre, the story seems to end so soon.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Dahmum(f): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
I dont know y am feeling this way. ...it just seem dis story is real n dat I know most of d characters cos I can picture all d scenes in my head.....pls continue pwissssssssssssss.tnx. more ink to ya pen ma
Re: The Cul De Sac by lenmafon: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
thanks touchmender. at this point i expect pearl to go and beg prof with trusted and influencial friends and relatives to withdraw the case and forgive. ur story is entering my 'medulla oblangata' cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
wolewole200:
Just trying hard not to cry..

Pearl, why did you do this to yourself?

Imonitie, you are the man. But if I can do that is another thing.

Bukky, you got what you deserved. Your cup has overflown and may you not find inroad to that family again.

Jesuorobo, well, if you get out of this with few scratches, I sincerely hope you will grow up and shun greed.

Professor Buwa, will this arrest bring back that girl? Well, I pray your wounded heart get healed on time so you can move on.

Unique, you are not satisfied yet abi? I promise if you continue this way you may die a bachelor.

And........

Touchemeder, you have crafted one of the best stories one nairaland. What will I say? May your ink never run dry and many your imaginative skills be broadened beyond your imagination.

God bless you sister.

My protagonist? You dare say he might remain an eternal bachelor? cheesy cheesy I know most readers don't like Unique but I'll always have his back. He is a brilliant chap and the sole reason for these series. Colourful characters will come and go but he will always remain. wink

In other news, I like your analysis.

Thanks everyone.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
After sometime Pearl sat upright and stared at Ejemen before asking an interesting question ‘’how did my husband get Jesuorobo to admit he saw him?’’

‘’He didn’t get Jesuorobo to admit anything. The thing is that Jesuorobo saw you locking your gate on the said day. He didn’t see you driving the car''

''But he said…''

''Yeah I know what he said but that counts for nothing. There is no way he could have seen who was driving from his porch. In addition, there is no way he would have seen who was driving from his gate by 7.30pm''

''Oh my God!''

''That’s it dear. It was either too far or too dark and that is something your husband realized. On Sunday when he went to drop the money, he looked out and realized it was impossible to tell who was driving from Jesuorobo's porch. It’s the same thing when you stand at his gate by 7.30pm. That is why he always told Jesuorobo 'you saw nothing' because in actual fact, Jesuorobo never saw a driver! Anyone could have been driving that car while you went to lock the gate''

‘’But…but… I went to close that gate in a matter of seconds… so…’’

‘’Pearl, don’t trouble your head. Your husband drove in and you went to lock your gate. You could have been by the corner waiting for him. You could have been anywhere. It only takes seconds for someone to run up from a corner and lock the gate. The police are smart enough to realize that too. Those officers investigating the case have visited Jesuorobo's home and they know its sheer stu.pid.ity to accept you were the driver just because Jesuorobo says so. They can reconstruct the scene as much as they like but the fact is what we are after. It is the fact that would hold up in a court of law. The police wouldn’t want to make a mockery of themselves in court and in the event they have no solid evidence implicating you, they are happy to accept your husband's confession. They would rather cling onto your husband than lose both of you''

''What is wrong with everyone working this case?''

''My dear, Jesuorobo didn’t see the individual who drove the car – full stop!’’

Then Pearl burst into another round of full blown tears.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
FORTY ONE

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
‘’No man is blameless. We are all guilty of something dear’’

‘’And I agree but Jesuorobo has got issues he needs to address. I got my weakness and you’ve got yours too but I can’t imagine trying to blackmail a neighbour that lives across from me! I won’t even blackmail my enemy or anyone for that matter! Take a moment and think about it. It’s such a dark and depressing thing to do. That sort of action comes from a troubled soul – a depraved mind! Perhaps this weekend behind bars is what Jesuorobo needs to restore him back to factory setting. I love you babes but I’m just being brutally honest. Take it from me, Jesuorobo needs this time away. Your brother needs tough love – let him have it’’

Itohan stared at her husband in defeat and he stared right back at her in defiance. Then she walked to a nearby chair and slumped into it.

David stared at her for a while then he whispered ''come here'' Then she got up and sat beside him. She rested her head on his chest and began to cry quietly while he stroked her hair.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Harrychocoberry(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
Touchmeder..
I would request something from you after you end this story..don't worry it's not difficult for you,but I hope you'd just do justice to this request of mine,pretty soon.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 9:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
T'is hotcheesygrin
Re: The Cul De Sac by BlizzydoDo(f): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
@Touchmeder I want 2 send yu airtym...dnt get mad I'm jus xo glad wit yur story.....wat ntwok n ow do I send t 4 yu?
Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
touchmeder I will always respect your taught, you are above the rest. I was reading today with tears dropping From my heart . But the fact remains that jesusorbo should not be release due to blackmaling and bribing, for the fact he refuse to let the sleeping dogs rest, he should join imonite too.
Also bukky should die by accident, hit and run by props Bawas wife lets see how it goes.

Sign your most loyal follower DRTWIST

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by BlizzydoDo(f): 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yu r xoo harsh, Bukky shuld nt die...dey shuld ol 4giv each oda nd move on.
drtwist:
touchmeder I will always respect your taught, you are above the rest. I was reading today with tears dropping From my heart . But the fact remains that jesusorbo should not be release due to blackmaling and bribing, for the fact he refuse to let the sleeping dogs rest, he should join imonite too.
Also bukky should die by accident, hit and run by props Bawas wife lets see how it goes.

Re: The Cul De Sac by CecyAdrian(f): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
drtwist:

No dnt say that , Jesusorbo should be released. He has learnt his lessons.
There is always a cause 4 an action and his was a good one. Even though he acted wrongly. It will be a lesson to him.
Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
BlizzydoDo:
Yu r xoo harsh, Bukky shuld nt die...dey shuld ol 4giv each oda nd move on.

I want bukky to die because she and her mother frustrated julie to death

Also I want Bawas to do the hit and run so as to know how life is not fair sometime to some people.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
CecyAdrian:

No dnt say that , Jesusorbo should be released. He has learnt his lessons.
There is always a cause 4 an action and his was a good one. Even though he acted wrongly. It will be a lesson to him.

So he use the Ebosoles family to learn lesson em. He should remain in prison so that other people will use him to learn lesson that blackmaling is terrorist than terrorism
Re: The Cul De Sac by CecyAdrian(f): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
drtwist:

So he use the Ebosoles family to learn lesson em. He should remain in prison so that other people will use him to learn lesson that blackmaling is terrorist than terrorism
Wat he did was the stroke dat will redeem him 4rm his rebellious ways and unite his family.
Re: The Cul De Sac by ugosly(m): 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
Touchme, there is an Etisalat literature competition currently running, why don't u enter this story for the competition, there's no doubt you will make it to the finals, trust me.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 19, 2015
drtwist:

one orijin for you
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:29am On Jun 19, 2015
drtwist:

Don't you worry; I think you will like how it would end. I truly appreciate your constant comments.
@Ugo I am working towards stuff like that. Thanks
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:30am On Jun 19, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:30am On Jun 19, 2015
Then Julie knelt on the ground and kept asking him to open his hand. She managed to coax him out of his hiding place and he advanced with a shy smile. Finally he opened his hand and she wagged a finger at him ‘’naughty naughty boy. What are you doing with a packet of cigarette?’’ she asked.

He tried to say something in his defense but the words refused to form. Then she asked another question ‘’what is that peeking out of your pocket?’’

Jesuorobo looked at his pocket and quickly stuffed the money back in. It was a thousand naira note; the only domination Mr Ebosele gave him. Then Julie pointed at a corner and said ‘’I can see where you left your loot. It is in that small black nylon. Son, I know what you have done and I’m ashamed of you’’

Immediately, Jesuorobo bowed his head in shame and began to weep. She allowed him cry then she stood up and headed towards a couch. It was the same couch they had in the parlor while she was still alive not the black leather couch they had now. Even the rug, throw pillows and curtain were from her time.

Julie watched him cry in shame and after a while, she tapped the couch and he joined her on ‘’why did you take their money?’’ she asked. As she spoke, she held his hand and he began to talk in a child like tone ‘’because I needed money for rent. I needed to leave Benin City. I am tired of that chamber work along Mission Road. Mummy, did you ever believe your boy will end up as a lawyer like that? Do you know how much I earn?''

''No''

''Shame will not even allow me tell you. The pay is not good although I am learning a lot. I just feel I need to make this move if not…’’

‘’Why didn’t you ask Itohan for the money?’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:31am On Jun 19, 2015
?

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:31am On Jun 19, 2015
?

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:34am On Jun 19, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:35am On Jun 19, 2015
‘’Anyway, you can’t take back what you have done to the Eboseles but be rest assured your action painful as it is, was a step in the right direction. Don’t worry about the Ebosele’s, it will work out well at the end. I must go now. I have made provisions for you children. Anything you need, ask your dad. Don’t be ashamed to ask until you can stand on your two feet. And son, it won’t be far off - I promise. You shall find great success in Lagos as your sister has found in the north. By the way, tell Itohan to continue with her application for studies abroad. It shall yield good result. Don’t worry Jboy everything will be fine’’ then Julie turned her back against him and began to walk in the opposite direction.

Immediately Jesuorobo ran after her but Julie gave him a stern warning ‘’get back son! Don’t you come after me again. It is not your time, get back and stop running after me’’ so Jesurobo stood aside and watched in tears as walked into the kitchen and faded away.

Suddenly he got up from the prison floor and began to yell ‘’my motherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!’’ tears were streaming down his face in and he was shaking. The policemen on duty knew he was sick and they believed the fever was responsible for his predicament.

Meanwhile the prisoners glared at him in surprise and began laugh. Some mimicked him and called him a mummy’s boy while most continued pointing and laughing at him ‘’mummy yooooooo! Mummy yeeeeeeeeee!’’ they joked.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:37am On Jun 19, 2015
@Blizzy God bless you for that. cheesy Please check for my email on my first post.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 19, 2015
Doughyeenbae:
Wow...bukky is much more terrible than I imagined.... To think I was on her side sef...well done touchmeder..
cute gyal wink

Re: The Cul De Sac by Teespice(f): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2015
the many things anger and resentment can cause in a human.
ride on touchmeder, I dey your back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / The Child Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.