Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,292 members, 7,881,078 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:58 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47872 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:52am On Jun 15, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:53am On Jun 15, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2015
''You said you were running low on some household items weren’t you?'' he asked.

''Yes dear''

''That’s ₦25,000. I trust that should be okay?''

''Not really dear''

''Really? We seem to be spending a lot oh! Foodstuff and toiletries for just 3 adults''

''You have no idea - country is hard''

''I thought you've bought the bigger items like the bag of rice, beans, garri and container of oil? Is it Bournvita and co that is so expensive?''

''I need ₦35,000 dear. When I get back from the market, I'll show you what I got''

''Okay that’s the money right there but I can only manage ₦30,000 today. Bukola, you will need to manage it until next month''

''I appreciate dear''

''No problem. I'm off to the pharmacy to check on the sales for the day and I'll be going to house fellowship from there. Are you ready to go with me? I can wait for you to get ready''

''I'm afraid I can't do that waka today plus you are even going to pharmacy first. I'm feeling rather tired dear''

''Okay. See you in an hour's time''

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2015
?

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2015
Some seconds later, she saw Imonitie throw a black nylon bag while Jesuorobo caught it in mid air. The good-for-nothing boy stared into the bag and she heard Imonitie say ‘’that is all you will ever get from me’’

Immediately, Bukky decided she had heard enough. She didn’t want to be seen in the parlor once Jesuorobo strolled in. She tiptoed out of her hiding place and strolled away. The moment she found herself in the corridor, she ran into her bedroom and locked the door. Even then she didn’t feel safe so she ran into the bathroom and locked herself in.

She sat on the toilet seat but even the urine refused to come out so she began to chant ‘’Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, I knew that boy was up to no good. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus have mercy. I warned Osazuwa. I told him that boy will bring about his ruin! Dear lord, please have mercy and let my good deeds speak for me. Jesus, Jesus let this boy not kill me in my own house’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Well to be fair, she didn’t know much but she knew Jesuorobo and the Ebosele’s knew something about Maureen’s death. She knew they were hiding something that could aid the police. She saw money change hands and that was enough to kick start the investigation.

She didn’t have all the answers in the world but that was not her job. That was the job of the police. Her job was to open her eyes and ears. Her job was to report any suspicious behaviour to the police and she was about to do that. Surely that was not a bad thing; she was just being a patriotic citizen and a good neighbour.

And so that evening, she reached for her wallet and pulled out the card Unique had left with her then she hid her number. Next she punched in his number and waited for the call to go through. Some seconds later a familiar voice answered the phone ‘’Unique Adeleke on the line’’ then Bukola set her tongue loose.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
just when we taught Nogie was damn dangerous, we were yet to see the so called patriotic citizen.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by jrhymez: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
This is getting serious and interesting ...... touchmeder your head dey there...... I dey solidly behind you. Keep of up bro
Re: The Cul De Sac by daramfon: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
wow! nice n interesting. God bless you for the update. just what I was looking forward to. more ink to your pen
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
So sorry for The Eboselessad

Blackmail is a painful thing so let Dr Pearl feel the heat once and for allsad
Re: The Cul De Sac by TouchstoneNgr: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
Wow. Can't imagine how this story will end.
Touchmeder, nice one

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pukka36:
So sorry for The Ebonysad

Blackmail is a painful thing so let Dr Pearl feel the heat once and for allsad

The question is will it end? That is the fear Mr Ebosele had as well.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
TouchstoneNgr:
Wow. Can't imagine how this story will end.
Touchmeder, nice one

LOL. I wonder too.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
‘’Oh yes, it was Mr Ebosele and the young man Jesuorobo – they call him barrister but I don’t know about that’’

‘’Mrs Okungbowa and yes I know it is you. I recognize the sound of your voice but don’t you worry. This remains what it is; a tip from an anonymous source. By the way when did this happen?’’

‘’It was this past Sunday around 6pm. I can’t be sure of the exact time though’’

‘’That’s okay and you said something about money. Did you see money change hands? And who gave out the money?’’

‘’Erm well to be fair, I didn’t see the money with my na.ked eyes but I heard them refer to it as money. It was in a small black polythene bag so I can’t say for sure. Mr Ebosele gave the money to Jesuorobo. Ehmm I need to go now but please try and follow up on this tip. Ever since this incident, I’ve been living in fear. I don’t know what that young man is up to. I mentioned it the other time and now I have been vindicated. Please ensure…’’

‘’We will do our best Mrs Okungbowa; thanks for informing the police. Erm Mrs… sorry are you still there? Yeah, I’d like you to keep this information to yourself for now’’

‘’My lips are sealed’’

‘’Good one. Good night then and thanks for making your neighbourhood a safer place’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
THIRTY SIX

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
xyz
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Then Pearl started the ignition and drove off... Shouldn't it have been, Chichi, toucmeder? Was that a mistake?
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
‘’I’ll tell you what I want. I have it on good authority that this past Sunday, your husband was with Jesuorobo. Someone was threatening someone and the other was asking for his money. The one who received the money said something about reporting to the police or Professor Buwa. I’d like to know what that conversation was about. I would like to know why your husband paid money to Jesuorobo’’

Then Pearl rose up on her feet and whispered ‘’I have no idea besides your contact did not see me there. I don’t know why we are having this conversation. You said someone is speaking to my husband and Jesuorobo insist it? Why don’t you continue with that line of your investigation? I’m sorry but I can’t help you in that regard. I have patients waiting to see me’’

Then Unique rose up on his feet and announced ‘’you are doing more harm to yourself doc. There is something known as obstruction of justice. It is not a smart thing to hide information that can aid in solving a crime. You are a professional and so I expect you to know that. In addition, there is a punishment for a person who acts as an accomplice. Do you know what that means? It is a person who joins with another in carrying out an unethical or illegal plan. Don’t think you are immune because you are a woman or a doctor?’’

‘’Officer, please don’t threaten me. If you have something on me then make your arrest if not…’’

‘’Not yet but I have a good feeling I’ll be back Dr Ebosele. I’m like a dog; my colleagues actually call me a bulldog’’

‘’I’m sorry to hear that officer’’

‘’No, don’t be. It’s actually a good thing. I’m like the proverbial patient dog. I may not get the flesh but I get to crack the bone and believe me, that’s the part that excites the dog''

''Okay''

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lets assume you are family friends with the Eboseles or relations and they have just confided in you. How would you advise them from this point on?
Re: The Cul De Sac by lenmafon: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
thanks touchi mendi babe but i want u to check the first update where chichi went to see imonite. as they entered the car, u wrote 'pearl' it should be chichi and also it should be chichi who started the inition of the police car
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
touchmeder:
Lets assume you are family friends with the Eboseles or relations and they have just confided in you. How would you advise them from this point on?

"Look here, guys! At this point, just bare it all. sad"

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hmmm,I'll advise they give in to the Police and plead with The Buwas to withdraw the case.

I dnt pray for my enemies to be this kinda situation abegsad
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pukka36:
Hmmm,I'll advise they give in to the Police and plead with The Buwas to withdraw the case.
I dnt pray for my enemies to be this kinda situation abegsad

That's a very good one. I think thats what most people may do at this stage. Go with friends of the Buwa's and plead.
Re: The Cul De Sac by lenmafon: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
touchmender darling check the undeleted part and make the necessary corrections
[quote author=touchmeder post=34803952]***

The officer wore a red t-shirt with black jeans. He had an ID card around his neck and he wore a scowl on his ugly face. He opened the door and Imonite got in the back seat. The hefty man dived in immediately and sat beside Imonitie. As Pearl headed towards the driver’s seat, Imonitie began to talk again ‘’officer, I really need my wallet. If it’s okay, I could come on my own. I have my car parked in front''

''It's not possible'' Chichi replied.

''But it’s my turn to pick the kid up

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / "Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.