Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,907 members, 7,872,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47841 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by Doughyeenbae(f): 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wow...bukky is much more terrible than I imagined.... To think I was on her side sef...well done touchmeder..
Re: The Cul De Sac by OsoDupe(f): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ghen ghen

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
It is very hard to tell where this story is going.
Re: The Cul De Sac by BlizzydoDo(f): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
weldon yu r d best.
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
My usual comment INTERESTING!INTERESTING!!INTERESTING!!! The inclusion of Bukky in unraveling the puzzle of this hit and run case will be fatal ooooooo. Moreover Bukky's character can not last with this her attitude of allowing her emotion to override her actions.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by tosindelaw(f): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. Pls keep writing you're a fantastic writer
Re: The Cul De Sac by princesssusan(f): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2015
Why do i av d feeln dt at d end of d day Jesuorobo will loose his lyf?
More plssssss
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
‘’Guy you sure?’’

‘’E nor go pass Thursday’’

''Correct guy''

''Gotta go now. I'll call you soon''

Then Jesuorobo lit a fresh cigarette and continued to smoke. In actual fact, he had not found anyone willing to give him the money but he was operating on faith. He prayed he would find the balance in good time and make the payment by the following week. If the house was his, surely the agent would not give it out. At this stage, Jesuorobo was beyond desperate and frustrated at the same time.

About thirty minutes later, he noticed as Imonitie opened the gate and drove out. Pearl was locking the gate when he quickly got up and walked to her house. In the meantime, Bukky had since left the curtain but the moment she heard the sound of her gate, she rushed back to the curtain and watched as Jesuorobo walked across to Dr Ebosele’s house.

She came out of her house and stood on the porch with her arms akimbo. She could see them talking in front of Pearl’s gate. For once, Bukky wished she was a fly! She wished she could fly and perch on a tree and listen to all they were saying. It was so strange; the new found liaison between Jesuorobo and Dr Ebosele.

Meanwhile at the other end of the street, Pearl gave Jesuorobo a watered down version of what transpired the previous day. Once she was done, Jesuorobo shook his head in disbelief ‘’sorry to hear that’’ he whispered.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
x

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Then Pearl sighed deeply and continued ‘’my husband will give you the money tomorrow…’’

‘’No, no, no I don’t want no drama Mrs doc’’

‘’I’m sorry but he will handle it himself and that is not negotiable. Besides I can’t come to your compound because of what happened yesterday. If you feel your gate man is trustworthy, my husband can leave the money there…’’

‘’No, no, no I want it straight in my hand’’

‘’Give me your number then so I can call you and he can meet you outside’’

‘’No, no, no I don’t want no call. I don’t want anyone tracing anything to me. The police are getting smarter and I don’t want any call traced to me. I just want to collect my cash and you heard me CASH. I don’t want to cash any cheque’’

‘’Barrister Okungbowa, you are demanding like a diva. I’m just going to allow this thing proceed as we planned initially. 6.30pm tomorrow and my husband will meet you in your house. You have nothing to fear because he can’t beat you inside your own compound. I have to go’’

Then Pearl walked into her house and locked her gate.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
THIRTY FOUR

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
That evening was epic! For starters once Osazuwa got back from work, there was nothing to eat. He was so hungry and as he buttered a piece of bread, Bukky continued to scream and narrate the day’s event. He cut some more slices and slathered it with butter while she continued to judge matter. By the time he was done, the loaf of bread was finished. Then he drank a glass of water and stared at her red eyes ‘’is that why you couldn’t prepare something else?’’ he asked.

‘’Your son ruined what I was cooking and he insulted me. Is that all you can say? Food?’’

‘’At least if I ate well, I would appreciate half of what you’ve been saying. Half of what you’ve said has flown off the top of my head’’

‘’Oh my God, this is beyond belief!’’

‘’Bukky please calm down’’

‘’I can’t be calm; that boy must leave this house today. Wherever he has gone to let him continue to hang there! I have seen Jesuorobo on his worst day but none compares to what I saw this afternoon. That boy threatened me with my cooking spoon! He stuck it right in my face and I was scared for my life. Osazuwa, your son has crossed the line and he must be punished!’’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
‘’Bukola, are you without sin?’’ Osazuwa asked in a calm voice.

‘’What sort of question is that?’’

‘’I’m just asking because you’ve been talking in the past thirty minutes. What you don’t know is while I was still at the store, Jesuorobo came there and relayed everything to me’’

‘’Jesus Christ! What treachery!’’ Bukky screamed.

Then Osazuwa got up and pointed a finger at her ‘’Bukola, you have no one but yourself to blame. If you demand respect, then you MUST give respect yourself. Jesuorobo is 26 years old. He is not a child and you must respect his right to privacy. You should not wander in and out of a room he has locked. You cannot riffle through my wardrobe, pick his spare key and have a ball in his room’’

‘’Excuse me?’’ Bukky asked in a shocked tone.

‘’I know what you do and just because I ignore you does not mean you are right. I don’t even know why I ignore you – that is not my style on a good day. Jesuorobo has been complaining about someone going through his stuff and I know it’s not me. We all know its not Rabiu but there is one more person left in the same house and it is you. I set a trap this last time. I kept the keys in a different location and when you returned it, you kept it in the usual spot. It was then I believed my son. Bukola, what are you looking for in his room? What did you keep in Jesuorobo’s room that you keep going back to find?’’

Then Bukky lowered her voice and moved closer ‘’he is doing hard drugs in this house!’’ she whispered.

‘’Please don’t go there again. I won’t accept it this time. Your obsession with this drug thing nearly drove me to a point of madness. It was so bad I got someone to sweep this house clean. There was not a single drug as you imagined. Jesuorobo does not do hard drugs and you will do well to stop spreading that awful rumor’’

‘’Okay but I hope you know you are part of that young man’s problem. He is spoilt rotten because you give him free hand. That is how you let him off the hook that time he was stealing medicine from the pharmacy and selling to make quick cash. Very expensive medicine and what did you do when I found the stash in his room? You let him off with a warning’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
‘’How long ago was that? What someone did in 100 level or so? Has he ever been caught selling my drugs since then? Have I ever complained to you that medicine is getting lost again? Why are you trying to act like you have never done anything wrong in your entire life? Is that how I parade your sins before you?’’

‘’Just give me credit when due. At that point you were firing staff up and down meanwhile the thief was your son! I found that out for you through the same method you are using to abuse me today. That child is so entitled, it riles me up! Jesuorobo is a grown a.ss man who has refused to leave home. You allow him remain in this house yet he disrespects me - same goes for the old man by the gate. I ask him to do something and he talks back at me and forms clueless. You allow these people get away with impunity. I take action then you nullify it. You reward their insolence time and time again and you make a mockery of me. YOU ALLOW THEM DEFY ME!’’

Then Osazuwa began to laugh ‘’are you okay?'' he asked. ''Defy you? Who do you think you are? Are you God? Are you a god?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
Pls Bukky,r U a godtongue

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by alabig(m): 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
Touchmeder you're doing great. Thanks alot for this, buh there's a part you wrote 'MO' when bukky was badmouthing pearl and i don't seemed to get that.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Mario1983(m): 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
wow I can't get enough
Re: The Cul De Sac by lenmafon: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
at this 'yountion' i must come out from hiding to say touchmendie babeeeeeeeee u too much. thanks for the regular update and lookz like mama bukky has began to untie jesuorobo's dad from her initial juju. haha evej jazz get expiry date
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
alabig:
Touchmeder you're doing great. Thanks alot for this, buh there's a part you wrote 'MO' when bukky was badmouthing pearl and i don't seemed to get that.

MO is "Modus Operandi (method of operation)"
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
lenmafon:
at this 'yountion' i must come out from hiding to say touchmendie babeeeeeeeee u too much. thanks for the regular update and lookz like mama bukky has began to untie jesuorobo's dad from her initial juju. haha evej jazz get expiry date

Hello you, where have you beennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?
Re: The Cul De Sac by eitsei(m): 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
i tink am loving d way evritin is turning out to....
Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 1:00am On Jun 13, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
@Totino why do you have to reply multiple times? Is your phone bad? LOL

Dont know oo! Mayb d network provider...... U know aw it use(d) to b naw!

BTW, I av no choice than to give the OP a bronze medal..... More to come peradventure I do not lose interest!
Re: The Cul De Sac by gal10(f): 1:07am On Jun 13, 2015
I like that line..are you God??

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 7:03am On Jun 13, 2015
if Bukky was a god, she would have sent Jesuorobo from that house or who knows, turn him mad. She would brainwash her mum spiritually so she stops disturbing her. This story seems to be heading for the rocks, I sense double tragedy.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by princesssusan(f): 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
Wow! Osazuwa is now bcomn a man.
Touchy tnx 4 d update.
Re: The Cul De Sac by ugosly(m): 10:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
Touchme at this point I'd like to ask if you are female so I'd ask for your hand in.......
About The story,it feels so real,I like your choice of dictions, very simple and straight to the point,your style of portraying the dramatic personalities is also very commendable,all in all this story has kept me busy with thoughts of suspense every time I check in to read updates.
Good work I must say!
Re: The Cul De Sac by chukwusi(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
well work
Re: The Cul De Sac by lenmafon: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
touchmeder:

Hello you, where have you beennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?

so sorri deari been busy with work but ve been a ghost reader and i must say u re doing great. how is everything in general? wink
Re: The Cul De Sac by Dahmum(f): 9:09am On Jun 15, 2015
plsssssss plsssss pwisssss am thirsty oooooo.I need cul de sac to quench my thirst ooooo please embarassed plsssssss plsssss pwisssss am thirsty oooooo.I need cul de sac to quench my thirst ooooo please
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:51am On Jun 15, 2015
lenmafon:

so sorri deari been busy with work but ve been a ghost reader and i must say u re doing great. how is everything in general? wink

Great! Good to hear you are fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / The Child Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.