Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,890 members, 7,872,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:24 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1096184 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
I seriously DOUBT college applicants are getting TRV again.
It appears CIC has reached its TRV quota . Mass denial is the order of the day going by recent trend.
Let us keep HOPE alive. Life continues
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ezekuse: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
soji0509:
It appears CIC has reached its TRV quota . Mass denial is the order of the day going by recent trend.

You do realise that not every study permit applicant to canada with a college Postgraduate admission is a member of nairaland. Some successful applicants do not even know of this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
cccxxiii:

I can help with that. Let me know what it entails.
Hello, please I sent you P.M. Reply me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
daudugodswill:

But the problem now is that its a foundation programme, Can i still reapply with that or should i go for undergraduate,

and i would be 18years by November 6th, would there by any need for a police extract or something like that

Ps: As for Cyprus, my popsi doesnt like that country, don't you have anoda country on your radar

Pss: What do you think of Ghana Universities, could still love to go there

Psss: Can i have your mail, Thanks

Foundation program!!
I will advise you to
get your cash back from the institution..!

Applying for an undergraduate as a minor might have little added headaches

Best is to be patient till you're 18!
Since November is around the corner
That'll solve so many problems

So as to avoid issues like.
Getting an admission letter as a MINOR
And applying for a study visa as an ADULT

Now it comes down to personal preference!
If you decide to wait till NOVEMBER before you apply as an UG, you probably would not meet up with Nexts years JANUARY intake as you have wished for.

So my second advice (since you talked about ghana) is to find schools over there(ghana) with good international relations
where you can transfer your credit to a foreign university

*kessben college
*wiscosin international university

Just mail the school and be sure if you can transfer your credits later

Note: there several schools in europe, I can give you gists on
BUT
I don't wanna derail the thread as its strictly Canadian smiley

Good Luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
funmi14:
Hello house,
I beg who is in Canada currently in the house that can help me pay 5 CAD for my GCSM File (I will pay into your Nig. acct). Just too annoyed with all this recent occurrences... Got to see the behind the scene reasons of my refusal before I refire.
Thanks
Hello fummi, have getting someone... Please let me know or P.M. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dazlinga:
I was delayed last month for the second time, i was going in for an Undergraduate program. And the reasons were, personal assets and finance, purpose of visit, hometie in Canada. All i have to say is, all those who have recently been delayed shouldn't be discouraged, cross your T's and dot your I's and refire. For me i was stubborn with the undergraduate thing. My friends warned me to take a PGD, but i just feel say i go chop 2 years TRV. Well i now have a January 016 PGD, and i am hoping to refire. Just want the Gurus in the house to help analyse the following documents which i have to submit via Paper route come September first week.

Sponsors account ; 25mil
Sponsors April payslip showing salary 568k for April, July.
Affidavit of support
Notarized Letter of consent from Sponsor.
Letter of Intro from sponsors place of work
National ID card
Sponsor is paternal Uncle

Me: SOA; 2.3mil for 4 months
Study leave letter
letter of intro from company
property evaluation document in my name
National ID's of parents and siblings
Waec result
Bsc Transcript
Acceptance letter with part tuition $7500 for Environmental Technology, Niagara College
Birth Certificate
NYSC cert
POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE

Please Gurus in the house, do i need any additional documents? Please advise

U look good to go..How were u able to do the property evaluation stuff?Lemme PM u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by daudugodswill: 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
handyteddy:

Foundation program!!
I will advise you to

If you decide to wait till NOVEMBER before you apply as an UG, you probably would not meet up with Nexts years JANUARY intake as you have wished for.

So my second advice (since you talked about ghana) is to find schools over there(ghana) with good international relations

*kessben college

BUT

PM me, you'll get my email.
Good Luck

What do u mean by Transfer your credits, am not in any University yet,

****Ghana so on point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by daudugodswill: 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
handyteddy:

Foundation program!!
I will advise you to

*kessben college

BUT

PM me, you'll get my email.
Good Luck

Would i need a visa to go to Ghana, please let me know
****Ghana so on point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
omooba2015:
Hello fummi, have getting someone... Please let me know or P.M. Thanks
Someone has offered to help her..! Can't remember his moniker! Do you also wanna pay for ur gcms?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
TheBae:
Yes they are! Even towards their fellow Caucasians (if that makes any sense)
There are racist in almost all countries where people with different skin tones or language mix.

This is a recent case, 7th of aug at Moncton, New Brunswick.

www.globalnews.ca/news/2152791/moncton-food-truck-owner-says-he-faces-daily-racism/

The funny thing is that the victim in that report is German.lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
daudugodswill:

Would i need a visa to go to Ghana, please let me know
****Ghana so on point
You got it twisted smiley
What I meant was you should be sure,
whichever school you're applying to at ghana,
should be internationally recognized
and
can allow you transfer your credits to a foreign university

For example, once you have spent a year or two at your preferred university in ghana!

You can apply to a university in canada--> transfer your credits--> and resume schools at 200L

Some schools make the process hassle free! If they have affiliations to the foreign university

Mail them and find out if you can TRANSFER

No you don't need a visa YOU can switch to a ghanian thread, you'll surely find one
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
What goes around, comes around!
saxywale:

There are racist in almost all countries where people with different skin tones or language mix.

This is a recent case, 7th of aug at Moncton, New Brunswick.

www.globalnews.ca/news/2152791/moncton-food-truck-owner-says-he-faces-daily-racism/

The funny thing is that the victim in that report is German.lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
Sup @jagaban17 any news
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
The Nairaland German travel thread will be a better place to ask this question. In any case, my understanding is that south and west Germany are really good places for International students (including Africans). East Germany can be a whole different story however (except maybe Berlin, Leipzig, and a few others). I sometimes follow the Nairaland German thread as I have a family member in Naija also eyeing it as a backup plan to Canada. Plus Germany has no tuition and they require you have just 8040 Euros per year for living expenses. Also international students have work permits, just like in Canada. And I hear it is easy to get a work permit and job after graduation especially if you are in the sciences or engineering.

Germany has many English language masters programs, but much fewer such undergrad programs except in a few science subjects. Go to daad.de/en and search. The German thread is incredibly good... the ogas there like @eke40seven (he is doing his MSc in Germany) will answer your questions.

daudugodswill:
Ps: ...But what do you really consider of Germany, are they racist...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
handyteddy:
What goes around, comes around!

I wanted to say the same thing.

I have a friend in German, we spoke on FB and he told me some Germans are so R they refuse to let their children talk to some black people there.

Imagine boarding a transport vehicle and someone will refuse to sit close to you because you are not from the same race. It's just too bad. From what he said, Africans and Indians face these problems especially.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
handyteddy:

Someone has offered to help her..! Can't remember his moniker!
Do you also wanna pay for ur gcms?
I have someone that need to pay for it... Any help..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Lets not generalize though. You know Germany is a large country... what you just described sounds like an experience one might have in a small town in eastern Germany, but not in a city in western or southern Germany. I have worked with Germans and this is the sentiment I get. Also, the Nairaland German thread confirms this.

I live in the US, but most of the states i have lived in have been very tolerant (racism is not visible); if I lived in, say Mississippi for instance, I would probably have had overt experiences with racism. So let's not generalize some of these countries based on racism in one region of the country.

Graviton2:

I have a friend in German, we spoke on FB and he told me some Germans are so R they refuse to let their children talk to some black people there.

Imagine boarding a transport vehicle and someone will refuse to sit close to you because you are not from the same race. It's just too bad. From what he said, Africans and Indians face these problems especially.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Graviton2:

thesoj:
Lets not generalize though. You know Germany is a large country... what you just described sounds like an experience one might have in a small town in eastern Germany, but not in a city in western or southern Germany. I have worked with Germans and this is the sentiment I get. Also, the Nairaland German thread confirms this.

I live in the US, but most of the states i have lived in have been very tolerant (racism is not visible); if I lived in, say Mississippi for instance, I would probably have had overt experiences with racism. So let's not generalize some of these countries based on racism in one region of the country.

As you can see, I used "SOME germans" in my post and I gave clear examples to the sort of people I was referring to.

Your advice about not generalizing is a little off, since I didn't generalize to begin with. Thanks all the same.

I know nothing about the US sha, although I have a US F1 visa I never got to use. Makes me sad everytime I remember it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
hello house, i am gathering my documents for my application which i intend to make on monday or tuesday next week. i have a post graduate certificate admission for projects management at fanshawe college. (same course i applied with last year and was denied). here is my checklist in case I've left something out, please also let me know if something is unnecessary so i can take it out. thanks guys

DOCUMENT CHECKLIST

my sop ✔️
dad sop & co-sponsorship declaration ✔️
my fixed deposit cert (5.cool ✔️
my SOA gtb (5.9m) ✔️
my SOA fcmb (20k)✔️
dad fixed deposit cert (3m)✔️
dad soa first bank (1m) ✔️
my id card ✔️
my employment letter ✔️
dad id (retired)✔️
dad service record and other proof of dad employment ✔️
my birth certificate ✔️
parents marriaige cert ✔️
imm checklist forms (study permit questionniare, family info, study permit application, trv application)✔️
my international passport ✔️
letter of study leave ✔️
letter of reference from fcmb (should get this tomorrow)
slip of payment of part sch fees (should make payment this tomorrow)
transcript ✔️
first degree certificate ✔️
police character cert ( getting this on monday/tue)
I am my sponsor and my dad my co-sponsor, do i need to include family photos? and is the IMM form for TRV necessary when i have already filled one for application for study permit? and is there anything else? thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Take a look at Ashesi College in Ghana (dont be fooled by the name... they are a uni that follows the American model like elite US unis such as Smith College, Bowdoin College, etc). They have high quality education and have exchange programs with good American schools.

daudugodswill:
Pss: What do you think of Ghana Universities, could still love to go there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
opendurs:

I've not seen anyone going to seneca and Conestoga that has gotten TRV recently.
You can check the list. All have being delayed. Stand to be corrected.

Before i reapply, i need to know that these schools are okay to go

Cc @God1son he got his Trv and he's in Canada already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
tnuola:

I've not heard/read of anyone's gala being trashed on here sha, just amefrica's n that's cuz it was expired.

Even if they're against beef/pork, isn't gala like processed and packaged already?

Right! I was able to bring in milk, but the gala was trashed because of expiration.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dallydd: 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
is not so...am presently in Europe
Graviton2:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
@Graviton2
My bad, boss. I was trying to get @daudugodswill to not generalize. He may have read your post and assumed most of Germany was like that and I wanted to clarify. But granted, I misread your post. Cheers bros.

Per your unused US student visa, its OK. There are many awesome countries to live in with other advantages America doesn't have.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
soji0509:

na wa o the thing tire me. this people head no correct i swear. and my own application is also a college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
dallydd:
is not so...am presently in Europe

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by cccxxiii: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
omooba2015:

Hello, please I sent you P.M. Reply me

Yeah I just did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
handyteddy:
They might be assuming, Project Management could have been done here in NG ,
and they see no reason for you too spend exhobitant amount of cash to study a 1 year program

The proposed length of study might not necessarily mean overstaying!
Might even mean you're not spending enough time. Lol

i wrote in my sop that project management is not done in most nigerian universities ooo. i didn't even know it was done here. hope that doesn't count as an obvious lie. cic don us all to true sayers grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
thesoj:
@Graviton2
My bad, boss. I was trying to get @daudugodswill to not generalize. He may have read your post and assumed most of Germany was like that and I wanted to clarify. But granted, I misread your post. Cheers bros.

Per your unused US student visa, its OK. There are many awesome countries to live in with other advantages America doesn't have.

Thanks, boss.

Yeah, I agree STRONGLY with you...Canada and Australia are top on my list right now.

Do you think an unused US F1 visa can get in the way of one acquiring a Canadian TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
@Graviton2
Hmm dude lets not be preoccupied by racism in Germany or wherever. There are racists everywhere (tribalism na racism sef, given that our definition of "race" today is only an artificial construct) but in some places there is a critical mass of overt racists. Your article about a racist professor in one uni in Germany does not mean that city (Leipzig) or Germany is mostly racist. I know you are not making this blanket statement but I don't want other readers to construe it this way.

My criteria for determining if a place is racist is if the place has a critical mass of racists, not if the city has "just" a few racists. But systemic racism is a different story sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.